• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Misc. Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
This is going to sound really weird, but would anyone else rather see Samurai Goroh over Black Shadow? He may not be considered the main antagonist of the series-- however I would still contend that he's the most significant character in the series outside of Captain Falcon himself, being his oldest and most persistent rival-- and one of only four racers to appear in every F-Zero game. Why not give HIM Ganon's moveset? Remove the flame effects on his moves, and you're set.

Sure, you may be thinking-- but he has a sword guys! Why doesn't he use it? Does it matter? Captain Falcon never uses his gun. You could have a running gag of the F-Zero characters NEVER using the weapons they're clearly armed with. Thoughts?

Aside from him, if more clone characters are added, I think Issac, Saki, Little Mac, and Lyn are good choices. If Pichu doesn't return to Project M for whatever reason, might I suggest adding Starfy as the new joke character?

...although I still contend that Project M would be fine with just Mewtwo and Pichu (with an original moveset) returning, just to have that "definitive" game to feature all of the characters that were playable throughout the entire series at that point.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
There is actually a far better choice for a Snake-clone Advance Wars character: Sami.

Unlike Andy, Sami actually has experience using the weaponry Snake uses.

If we get Andy or Sami, can they not be total clones of Snake, and instead be a bit more like Jill Valentine from MvC2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BeNAZp-GDjI&t=29

If you use the advanced wars assist trophy, maybe making it so they can spawn a tank, or infantry, or bomber during battle to help them combo. Think of it being similar to how the Villager will plant positional trees and cut them down.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
I support "Random soldier" as a unit more than Andy or any other specific CO. There's just much more interesting things a soldier can do than someone who only commands them.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I support "Random soldier" as a unit more than Andy or any other specific CO. There's just much more interesting things a soldier can do than someone who only commands them.
But imagine Andy/Sami/Max sending out soldiers/tanks jill valentine style!

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Yes because of the following reasons:
Tails and shadow are 3rd parties
Tails is too similar a clone to sonic
Shadow i think is too complicated to create the right way and hes not even that iconic
Dark samus can be a "clone" but with large enough differences to make her practically not a clone
We also need more Metroid rep
That has to be the worst reasoning I've ever seen around here, and I've seen a lot

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The reasoning that a lot of people just think that there shouldn't even be a second character for a guest fighter is reason enough why there shouldn't be a second Sonic character.

The Sonic series in particular has a pretty low reputation by many people due to the lackluster quality of its installments during the last decade, and possibly having the most deranged and disturbed fanbase of all video game series fanbases.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
The reasoning that a lot of people just think that there shouldn't even be a second character for a guest fighter is reason enough why there shouldn't be a second Sonic character.

The Sonic series in particular has a pretty low reputation by many people due to the lackluster quality of its installments during the last decade, and possibly having the most deranged and disturbed fanbase of all video game series fanbases.

I can confirm the toxicity of this fanbase.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I can confirm the toxicity of this fanbase.
I can confirm that seeing Shadow makes me a mad human being and any time my opponent would pick Shadow, I would want to destroy their preadult bodies in RL.

Tails or Knuckles is cool though.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

As a long time Sonic fan, I can agree the fanbase has a lot of nuts. Though I wouldn't say the series' reputation is low. If that were the case we wouldn't be seeing Sonic in Brawl and WiiU/3DS. There are just as many, if not more, decent fans out there than there are deranged fans who support the series. The fanbase is one of the most divided fanbases as well, so it isn't like every fan is associated to another.

@BronzeGreekGod, I can fairly say the 3rd party argument is a completely valid one. Though the fact more 3rd party characters were included (rather they be assists, background, stickers or trophies) were included to brawl under licensed use. While the 3rd party argument is valid, it is completely bogus. Project M stated characters that were included in Brawl all have a fair shot. Though they did also mention avoiding 3rd party characters, I do believe they were reinforcing their statement about characters outside of Brawl such as Simon Belmont and Geno. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Lastly, I believe all characters deserve a fair shot based on popularity. From what I've seen, people are extremely biased against any Sonic characters shot at a slot. Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, or whoever else is an option, deserves just as much of a chance as say Dark Samus. And to say Sonic characters have diversity compared to a literal "Dark Clone" of an existing character is a blind observation and biased statement. Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow all have had their own games and separate abilities from Sonic. In short, don't glorify your own taste just because you like it more than the suggestions.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
As a long time Sonic fan, I can agree the fanbase has a lot of nuts. Though I wouldn't say the series' reputation is low. If that were the case we wouldn't be seeing Sonic in Brawl and WiiU/3DS. There are just as many, if not more, decent fans out there than there are deranged fans who support the series. The fanbase is one of the most divided fanbases as well, so it isn't like every fan is associated to another.
There are lots of people that were fans of Sonic back in the day, that were no longer fans of Sonic that supported Sonic's inclusion for Brawl. Many people also simply wanted Sonic in due to the Mario vs. Sonic rivalry backing during the SNES/Genesis generation.

However, it would be foolish to say that the Sonic series fanbases does not have an abysmal reptuation. Put up a topic anywhere about which video game fanbase is the worst, and I can guarantee you the Sonic one is going to come up a lot.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
blaming
There are lots of people that were fans of Sonic back in the day, that were no longer fans of Sonic that supported Sonic's inclusion for Brawl. Many people also simply wanted Sonic in due to the Mario vs. Sonic rivalry backing during the SNES/Genesis generation.

However, it would be foolish to say that the Sonic series fanbases does not have an abysmal reptuation. Put up a topic anywhere about which video game fanbase is the worst, and I can guarantee you the Sonic one is going to come up a lot.
Again, I don't agree. It by far doesn't make one foolish to say the reputation has been slaughtered. General reception of the Sonic series as of late has been very positive. Give or take a few bad shakes along the way, Colors and Generations have been redeeming factors in the series. Lost World will be the same way. However, it would be far more foolish to assume the Genesis cycle games were without their faults. And if you are wanting to poke at fanbases, the MegaMan fanbase has been far worse than Sonic. At least the Sonic series releases games. Last I checked, Capcom lost a chunk of their fans to Mighty No. 9. and abuse to their fanbase (BBA MegaMan, many game cancelations, and blaming their fanbase for MegaMan Legends 3's downfall).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm not pursuing this topic any further with you, since you are not seeing what I'm saying. Like I said, put up a topic at any large game site about the worst gaming fanbase, and Sonic's will be a popular choice.

I don't think anyone aside from diehard Sonic fans will disagree with that.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Does anyone disagree with Tails or Knuckles as potential characters? Last time I checked...the only controversial character is Shadow...which any sane fan will tell you absolutely sucks.

It's like Sonic stepped away from his Bill Clinton, Funk and Black America roots to explore a suburban emo identity, but got so frustrated with his new look that he bought himself a gun.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Does anyone disagree with Tails or Knuckles as potential characters? Last time I checked...the only controversial character is Shadow...which any sane fan will tell you absolutely sucks.
There have been lots of people in this thread that have voiced their displeasure about there being a second Sonic characters.

While most people are okay with Knuckles or Tails as characters, they simply don't think a series about Nintendo All-Stars needs to give a guest character's series an additional character.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I'm not pursuing this topic any further with you, since you are not seeing what I'm saying. Like I said, put up a topic at any large game site about the worst gaming fanbase, and Sonic's will be a popular choice.

I don't think anyone aside from diehard Sonic fans will disagree with that.
I'm more than aware what you mean, I just don't agree. I've been on both sides of this argument many times. I can agree the series has had a lot of major downfalls (06, Storybook series, and for the love of God Shadow). The same can be said about many other series. The Sonic series method of continued releases of abysmal games has hindered its reputation. I do feel that games of recent make up for this loss. That is where I'm getting at.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm more than aware what you mean, I just don't agree. I've been on both sides of this argument many times. I can agree the series has had a lot of major downfalls (06, Storybook series, and for the love of God Shadow). The same can be said about many other series. The Sonic series method of continued releases of abysmal games has hindered its reputation. I do feel that games of recent make up for this loss. That is where I'm getting at.
And for many people, two recent 8/10 games don't make up for the 6-8 year stretch for abysmal games.

Like I said, most people aside from die hard Sonic fans agree that there is a large portion of the Sonic fanbase that is deranged, and that there is a host of negative stereotypes about Sonic fans.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
To be fair, I don't think there is ANY franchise out there that released so many **** games in a row from its former glory, and still maintained the strange fanbase that Sonic has.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, I don't think there is ANY franchise out there that released so many **** games in a row from its former glory, and still maintained the strange fanbase that Sonic has.
Possibly Pokemon, but that's less **** than just practically the same game releasing 3 versions every two years. Still, the fanbase is pretty bad.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Possibly Pokemon, but that's less **** than just practically the same game releasing 3 versions every two years. Still, the fanbase is pretty bad.
There is a difference from being "stagnant" and "conservative" and being a bad game. The mainline Pokemon games are generally regarded as being good, despite the series being more "conservative" than many others.

A much more extreme example would be the New Super Mario Bros. series, where most of the games are practically ROM hacks of one another. All the games are good, but they basically have no identity due to how similar they are to one another.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Pokemon is still a good game with a competitive scene on an upward trend. Sonic has objectively been stuck in a rut with two-four entries in the last 10+ years that aren't completely terrible.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
@Everyone against me (lol)
Look all I'm really saying (and many people have already mentioned this), I'd rather see more new 1st party characters in P:M than more 3rd party characters from the same franchise.. this being said, in Smash for the wiiU I'd love to see more 3rd party reps. But I'd be more for one per franchise. It doesn't make sense to all of a sudden stack the game with a bunch of characters from one franchise, unless each franchise gets the same treatment (for example 2 characters per franchise, or 3 etc). But I'd still like MORE franchises get some representation, rather than more characters from ONE or TWO franchises get repped.
So back to P:M, I'd rather see more first parties get in the game, than have other characters from sonic or metal gear get in.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace

That wasn't even the majority of his reasoning, and the Sonic series is still iconic, and as far as I can tell, has been doing good for a while now(just not in my taste), and I really don't think you can speak for the majority of people, that's just bad reasoning right there

I can confirm that seeing Shadow makes me a mad human being and any time my opponent would pick Shadow, I would want to destroy their preadult bodies in RL.

Tails or Knuckles is cool though.
Probably the most immature crap I've ever seen around here

Is this really what people on these boards are like? It's kind of pathetic

The_NZA

Smash Lord
So let's see if there are 7 characters worth adding that aren't 3rd party. On my list, I'm excited for the idea of Ridley, Dark Samus, Mewtwo, Advanced Wars rep, real ganon (black shadow to replace ganon), maybe lyn (but we already have 3 fire emblem characters). I think we have room for knuckles.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That wasn't even the majority of his reasoning, and the Sonic series is still iconic, and as far as I can tell, has been doing good for a while now(just not in my taste), and I really don't think you can speak for the majority of people, that's just bad reasoning right there
2010 is not a while. Colors and Generations were pretty much regarded as 8/10 games.

Also, as I said, post a topic on any message board asking about bad video game fanbases...

Just because you are offended by what I say, doesn't make it wrong.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So let's see if there are 7 characters worth adding that aren't 3rd party. On my list, I'm excited for the idea of Ridley, Dark Samus, Mewtwo, Advanced Wars rep, real ganon (black shadow to replace ganon), maybe lyn (but we already have 3 fire emblem characters). I think we have room for knuckles.
No, we only have room for six more fighters. Roy already took one of the slots (they are likely using the file folders for the Forbidden 7, one of which includes Roy).

I think at the very least we will get Mewtwo. So now we are down to five characters.

Of those five, I see Lyn and Isaac as very likely to happen.

That leaves three slots that are "up in the air".

Of those three, I think one of those three should be Sami (Advance Wars very likely won't have a playable character in Smash 4).

I think Dixie Kong is also a really good choice, but I'm uncertain whether she will be in the actual Smash 4.

Ridley is also a very good choice, but he still has good chances of showing up in Smash 4 (Sakurai may be trolling with the holes in the Pyrosphere).

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
2010 is not a while. Colors and Generations were pretty much regarded as 8/10 games.

Also, as I said, post a topic on any message board asking about bad video game fanbases...

Just because you are offended by what I say, doesn't make it wrong.
Offended? No no, I just find your reasoning silly is all, like basic 8th grade reasoning at best

8/10 is good as far as I can tell, and how does an internet minority's opinion of a particular fanbase matter in a smash bros game?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Have they confirmed that they're adding 7 characters? I feel like everyone's kinda talking about 7 as if that's what they're doing..

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Offended? No no, I just find your reasoning silly is all, like basic 8th grade reasoning at best
Now that is just polemical talk. No way is what I'm saying childish, and yes lots of people have a low opinion on the Sonic fanbase.

Secondly, I have already given plenty of good reasoning why a second Sonic character would be a poor choice.

Here is some more articulation on that matter:

As mentioned earlier, one of the qualifiers used by the Project M team for possible newcomers is that the character needs to appear in at least some form in Brawl. This basically rules out any additional third-party characters from being added in aside from those that hail from the Metal Gear or Sonic series.

While there is very little interest for a Metal Gear newcomer, there does exist interest in an additional Sonic character. The problem is similar to that of the Mario series, there is little agreement on who should be the second Sonic character. Also, unlike the Mario series, most people feel that there should not be a Sonic newcomer. Many people are extremely apprehensive about the idea of a guest series receiving an additional character.

There is also the problem that the Sonic series has a rather notorious reputation for having perhaps the most insane and infantile fandom of every video game franchise. For many people, giving the Sonic series a second playable character would signal the Project M team is filled with “furries and deviantart weirdoes”.

Although characters like Shadow or Knuckles could easily be modified into being a clone of Sonic, the problem is that many, many people simply don’t want additional Sonic characters in. Shadow in particular has many haters, even from within fans of the Sonic franchise.

There is also the matter of trying to keep this game true to the Smash Bros. tradition. Sakurai himself has wanted to restrict the amount of third-party characters in Smash Bros. because above all, Smash Bros. is a game about Nintendo All-Stars. Sakurai also has the additional qualifier that guest characters need to be particularly legendary video game characters. No one would question that Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man are iconic and “legendary” video game characters, but good luck convincing most people that Shadow or Knuckles would fit a similar description.

These characters are certainly important to the Sonic series, but within the context of Smash Bros. as a series for Nintendo’s All-Stars and history altogether, these are characters that are not appropriate.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles would actually make the game worse. It's a Nintendo crossover game, not a Sonic fanbase romp.

Unless you count the Mario & Sonic Olympics games as Nintendo IPs...

But then you'd also have to consider Soul Caliber 2...
:scared:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Have they confirmed that they're adding 7 characters? I feel like everyone's kinda talking about 7 as if that's what they're doing..
All they said, is that they can add a MAXIMUM of seven additional characters (one of which includes Roy). So that is a MAXIMUM of six additional characters that were not originally playable in Brawl.

They never said that we would get seven additional fighters, just that there is the potential for it.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
And for many people, two recent 8/10 games don't make up for the 6-8 year stretch for abysmal games.

Like I said, most people aside from die hard Sonic fans agree that there is a large portion of the Sonic fanbase that is deranged, and that there is a host of negative stereotypes about Sonic fans.
Then I'll be one of the positive members of the fanbase that isn't a deranged lunatic :3... I have a very valid argument for Shadow's inclusion.

I know this will pretty much breed hate so I apologize, but as much as people hate Shadow he is one of the biggest benefactors in brawl mods evolution. Not to mention one of the top Sonic games for Nintendo is the very game Shadow was introduced, and the first Sonic game for a Nintendo home console. He is one of the most developed mods and still retains a spot on the brawlvaults most downloaded mods list. That will be my argument.

As for who I personally think is desrving of the 6 remaining slots...

Mewtwo- It is a given that majority wants him back. I do too.

Issac- Because Golden Sun needs a playable Rep, and I really want to see how well he translates from his game.

Dixie- Because she is a fan favorite and one of my own, plus forbidden 7 yada yada.

Waluigi- Because Wario and competitive game.

Sukapon- Because I love fighting games and Sukapon needs exposure.

Daroach- A reoccurring Kirby character I think would be pretty unique to see.

Black Shadow- Because Ganandorf isn't Ganandorf. Moar F-Zero.

Paper Mario- The series pretty much is its own thing. I think he is deserving enough to be his own character.

Little Mac- My friend loves boxers, punch-out is a pretty popular classic. To see more characters my friends like would be great.

Skull Kid- Because Zelda needs a rep that isn't more clones. Skull Kid is very popular.

Primid- Why? Because he is pretty blank slate as a character, giving Project M remote freedom to mold him into whatever they want. He could even be a remote clone of several characters at once much like Bartz in Dissidia or Double from Skullgirls. He could even use those psuedo varients of the brawl items like the plasma sword and such. He could be a very Mariofied swordsman / weaponary type that gives reference to smash and its item roaster. Just an idea really.

Sandbag- Because lol..... My sides would split to see how they could make him function.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Aside from Roy (and Mewtwo), I think the Project M team should avoid characters that are likely going to show up in Smash 4. The only exception I think should maybe be Dixie Kong, who was supposed to have been playable in Brawl anyway.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Probably the most immature crap I've ever seen around here

Is this really what people on these boards are like? It's kind of pathetic
Lol. I'm sorry. Let me step up my maturity up to your standards.

My fellow near and dear poster––Shadow, the noble and wonderfully designed Hedgehog legitimately contributed a much needed emotional heft to my childhood franchise, "Sonic the Hedgehog", that I have supported since that beloved blue blur based on Bill Clinton came spinning onto Genesis. But, in all of that platforming and saving animals and fighting corporate greed and capitalism's attempts at destroying the eco-system, I told myself, "something is missing. They aren't truly reaching me, a product of the pre-millennium era, with a familar enough character, color scheme, or story I can truly connect with."

And as I muttered the words, a scremo inspired Sonic drove by on a motorcycle, and slapped my Funk-Jazz boxset out of my hands. He pulled out a Michael Jackson CD from my jacket and snapped it in half. "Who the hell is this weirdo. Thank God I never had to listen to his crap in MY games" he grumbled.

"Who are you" I asked, disconcertedly? "Have you come to save the animals who have been kidnapped by Dr. Robotnik, as he continues to deforest Green Hillzone and build Wasteplants and Casinos all over?

He looks into the Windows of my Soul. "I was genetically created in a laboratory by Dr. Robotnik's grandfather, forged with the blood and DNA of an Alien named Black Doom to be a super weapon. But I possess the heart and soul of Dr. Robotnik's daughter, Maria. I am the ultimate life form, and the rest of you are, by design, inferior. By the way, my supremacist attitude is paired with a taste for high-end firearms, semi-automatic weapons, heavy assault weapons, and fist fighting.

So no, my pal, it is not an exaggeration to say Shadow the Hedgehog took a **** on one of the original 3 most iconic console game franchises in history. He may end up in PM, and if he does––his mains will move me to derive great pleasure in lining the landscape with PKFire barbecues with him nestled softly on the pyre.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Now that is just polemical talk. No way is what I'm saying childish, and yes lots of people have a low opinion on the Sonic fanbase.

Secondly, I have already given plenty of good reasoning why a second Sonic character would be a poor choice.

Here is some more articulation on that matter:

As mentioned earlier, one of the qualifiers used by the Project M team for possible newcomers is that the character needs to appear in at least some form in Brawl. This basically rules out any additional third-party characters from being added in aside from those that hail from the Metal Gear or Sonic series.

While there is very little interest for a Metal Gear newcomer, there does exist interest in an additional Sonic character. The problem is similar to that of the Mario series, there is little agreement on who should be the second Sonic character. Also, unlike the Mario series, most people feel that there should not be a Sonic newcomer. Many people are extremely apprehensive about the idea of a guest series receiving an additional character.

There is also the problem that the Sonic series has a rather notorious reputation for having perhaps the most insane and infantile fandom of every video game franchise. For many people, giving the Sonic series a second playable character would signal the Project M team is filled with “furries and deviantart weirdoes”.

Although characters like Shadow or Knuckles could easily be modified into being a clone of Sonic, the problem is that many, many people simply don’t want additional Sonic characters in. Shadow in particular has many haters, even from within fans of the Sonic franchise.

There is also the matter of trying to keep this game true to the Smash Bros. tradition. Sakurai himself has wanted to restrict the amount of third-party characters in Smash Bros. because above all, Smash Bros. is a game about Nintendo All-Stars. Sakurai also has the additional qualifier that guest characters need to be particularly legendary video game characters. No one would question that Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man are iconic and “legendary” video game characters, but good luck convincing most people that Shadow or Knuckles would fit a similar description.

These characters are certainly important to the Sonic series, but within the context of Smash Bros. as a series for Nintendo’s All-Stars and history altogether, these are characters that are not appropriate.
It really is quite childish, speaking for the majority of the nation who plays games? Yea I'd say that is, but there's no point in arguing with you on this

I've seen your reasoning already and have already commented on it

And where is this extra articulation coming from? What source? Is it a member of the PMBR?

Ina any case I'll pick this apart:

"While there is very little interest for a Metal Gear newcomer, there does exist interest in an additional Sonic character. The problem is similar to that of the Mario series, there is little agreement on who should be the second Sonic character. Also, unlike the Mario series, most people feel that there should not be a Sonic newcomer. Many people are extremely apprehensive about the idea of a guest series receiving an additional character."

"Although characters like Shadow or Knuckles could easily be modified into being a clone of Sonic, the problem is that many, many people simply don’t want additional Sonic characters in. Shadow in particular has many haters, even from within fans of the Sonic franchise. "

Again, someone speaking for the majority, that's just plain poor reasoning, I don't understand why people do this, it does nothing to support an argument. I have a **** ton of friends IRL and I know plenty of people who love the Metal Gear series and would love to have Gray Fox, and almost everyone I know loves Sonic Adventure 2, but I don't tout this as the majority opinion, it serves no purpose

If you're going to do that, put in some official data at least, look here:
http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/event/016/index.html

It's a poll showing the popularity of Sonic characters from the official japanese website, Shadow is at #2, I know it doesn't represent everyone's thoughts obviously, but it's a an official reflection of popularity, and it's better than any of these other blind claims you've made

My though process was, we can have another character, oh well the Sonic series is very iconic and has a lot of noteable characters, so who's the most popular? Hmm I remember a lot of people liking Shadow, I looked up some official representation, and well there we go, I don't see it as a bad way to think

"There is also the problem that the Sonic series has a rather notorious reputation for having perhaps the most insane and infantile fandom of every video game franchise. For many people, giving the Sonic series a second playable character would signal the Project M team is filled with “furries and deviantart weirdoes”."

This is just horrible reasoning, the reason we shouldn't have another character is because it would "signal the Project M team is filled with “furries and deviantart weirdoes".......Really......really? Does anyone honestly think this is a good argument? Because it's just plain silly, equating a 2nd Sonic character added to everyone in the PMBR being furries, and somehow connecting that with support of not having another Sonic rep

"There is also the matter of trying to keep this game true to the Smash Bros. tradition"

And in tradition, characters that get added are the ones gamers want, and not just hardcore Smash Bros players, but casual gamers too. Did I miss something here? I thought Project: M was trying to appeal to everyone, not just the hardcore Smash audience, I thought this is why we didn't have every level turned into a competitive stage.

But whatever, if this is the best you can do for support, that is, just a bunch of blind claims of what the majority of people out there like, then I've seen all I'm going to see from you, good day

Lol. I'm sorry. Let me step up my maturity up to your standards.

My fellow near and dear poster––Shadow, the noble and wonderfully designed Hedgehog legitimately contributed a much needed emotional heft to my childhood franchise, "Sonic the Hedgehog", that I have supported since that beloved blue blur based on Bill Clinton came spinning onto Genesis. But, in all of that platforming and saving animals and fighting corporate greed and capitalism's attempts at destroying the eco-system, I told myself, "something is missing. They aren't truly reaching me, a product of the pre-millennium era, with a familar enough character, color scheme, or story I can truly connect with."

And as I muttered the words, a scremo inspired Sonic drove by on a motorcycle, and slapped my Funk-Jazz boxset out of my hands. He pulled out a Michael Jackson CD from my jacket and snapped it in half. "Who the hell is this weirdo. Thank God I never had to listen to his crap in MY games" he grumbled.

"Who are you" I asked, disconcertedly? "Have you come to save the animals who have been kidnapped by Dr. Robotnik, as he continues to deforest Green Hillzone and build Wasteplants and Casinos all over?

He looks into the Windows of my Soul. "I was genetically created in a laboratory by Dr. Robotnik's grandfather, forged with the blood and DNA of an Alien named Black Doom to be a super weapon. But I possess the heart and soul of Dr. Robotnik's daughter, Maria. I am the ultimate life form, and the rest of you are, by design, inferior. By the way, my supremacist attitude is paired with a taste for high-end firearms, semi-automatic weapons, heavy assault weapons, and fist fighting.

So no, my pal, it is not an exaggeration to say Shadow the Hedgehog took a **** on one of the original 3 most iconic console game franchises in history. He may end up in PM, and if he does––his mains will move me to derive great pleasure in lining the landscape with PKFire barbecues with him nestled softly on the pyre.
You used fancier vocabulary, but it's still an immature pile of crap, I was hoping to see more reasonable people on these boards, apparently this is all you can contribute as well, that's more than enough for me to form a low opinion on you, have a nice day.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
But whatever, if this is the best you can do for support, that is, just a bunch of blind claims of what the majority of people out there like, then I've seen all I'm going to see from you, good day
You are pretty alone there.

You basically did nothing to refute me.

You just called me childish and flung sand at me.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
Seems like there are a lot of opinions about adding another character from sonic, notably Shadow and tails. Um imo i think just adding tails would be enough or even not adding in another sonic char would be fine. It really wouldn't hurt PM to add or not add one of them. It's truly up to them to decide to do so or not. Soo i don't think you all should argue about this miniscule issue.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
You are pretty alone there.

You basically did nothing to refute me.

You just called me childish and flung sand at me.
I just showed your argument is supported by poor reasoning is all, so it's not very valid, but hey it's your opinion, just don't go around trying to say it's a valid argument when you bring in such poor support for it.

This is the last I'll say on the subject.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It seems as though Sobliminal and Sanity's_Thief are the only two that fervently disagree with what I have to say.

Looking on the whole of this thread, many people are fervently opposed to additional Sonic characters being added in.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just showed your argument is supported by poor reasoning is all, so it's not very valid, but hey it's your opinion, just don't go around trying to say it's a valid argument when you bring in such poor support for it.

This is the last I'll say on the subject.
That is pretty much only your opinion (and probably Sobliminal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom