• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Discussion (The ARF Engine.)

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
How about marth over some one, ya' know roy????
No one else is going to give you a straight answer, so I will. He is no longer trying to replace anyone, he is trying to ADD characters without taking anyone away. The swapping characters over top of other characters thing was just the first test step. Now, he is going into adding new character slots, which will just be new complete characters that do not detract from anything else in the game.

*Edited out poor taste joke*

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
That was uncalled for. Get over yourself, and realize that you're no better than anyone else by saying that.
Eh, I said it as a joke. It sounded funnier in my head. My bad. I'll edit it out. I was going for the reaction that Glowworm gave of "wat." Y'know, being nice, and then insulting him, like the two previous people had before me.

...I mean... I think I'm funny.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I said it as a joke. It sounded funnier in my head. My bad. I'll edit it out. I was going for the reaction that Glowworm gave of "wat." Y'know, being nice, and then insulting him, like the two previous people had before me.

at first i didn't get it

but then I lol'd

@UltraXwing: Noone here can understand what you're saying. In case you were oblivious to the last few posts and the OP, Dantarion is filling the empty character slots with data, thus allowing more characters.

And yes, he'll be working with Roy too. Stop asking that

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
Just for clarification: I know that Dant is working on making the 7 empty slots usable, but is his goal to actually add new slots?

I lol'ed.

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet

If it makes you feel any better, I thought it was hilarious.

RedFire

Smash Rookie
I have 3 questions:

1. Do the Forbidden 7 have soundbanks ? If so we can use them to have custom SFX to accompany DLC characters.

2. When the module editor is released, will it also be possible to add new slots for music and stages ?

3. How will these slots work ? I mean will they be able to work in all modes and not mess up your save data ? I really hope this doesn't have some negative effects. :(

Dant, your work is awesome. This and Tabuu are the last things needed to have the ability to modify everything in Brawl. I just wish people made decent PSAs which aren't too over-powered/actually match the characters...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
There are good PSAs that aren't overpowered.
You just have to look.

3. We don't know yet. Just be on the look out and back up your save data.

Slashy

Smash Lord
What about things like the info pacs, and the replay data graphics? Those files seem to be static, are you going to remake those files to accommodate the new data?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
What I am going to have to do is:
#1. Get it working...
#2. Figure out all the places it crashes or causes problems...
#3. Fix them or make code workarounds for the things that dont work.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
I just wish people made decent PSAs which aren't too over-powered/actually match the characters...
Seriously. Though you got to admit, Roy and Mewtwo did come out nicely.
Cloud was actually pretty good too.

RedFire

Smash Rookie
Well, for Roy and Mewtwo people had a base to work with. They just based the moves off SSBM.

Shadow by Mastaklo, however was just a bunch or random moves that look cool. I might have to learn PSA and make a PSA for him myself.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
Well, for Roy and Mewtwo people had a base to work with. They just based the moves off SSBM.

Shadow by Mastaklo, however was just a bunch or random moves that look cool. I might have to learn PSA and make a PSA for him myself.
Shadow, aside from the nice looking running animation, is pretty horrible. I'm learning PSA too, if you ever decide to take Shadow on seriously, you should shoot me a PM.

RedFire

Smash Rookie
T

That would be great. I need help with the technical aspect of it.

However, if I were to take on such a project i'd have troubles working on it.
My PC has broke down and I won't be getting a laptop until Christmas.
I'm stuck using my brother's mac and I don't quite know how to use Wine.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
That would be great. I need help with the technical aspect of it.

However, if I were to take on such a project i'd have troubles working on it.
My PC has broke down and I won't be getting a laptop until Christmas.
I'm stuck using my brother's mac and I don't quite know how to use Wine.
Well, if you are over 19 you just drink it. Or you can give it to someone as a present :laugh:

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
It surprises me it's the Top Download on Brawl Vault, being such a poor PSA, one of the obvious things, leave his NB as Sonic's, they did it the same way in S.A. 2, why make him levitate?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
What's stranger is that there is a good Shadow moveset NOT on Brawlvault hidden in the forums. It's over here.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9434.0

Back on topic: Good to see a tweet after a day without them.
Actually I think the Battle Shadow PSA is better than that, his moveset flows together better.

I actually have a very long and pretty detailed moveset and attribute list for a PSA for Shadow, I made it for Razanak because he was making Shadow and he was using it, he gave up though. If anyone wants it just ask I still have it.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Stop discussing PSA's in this thread.
Anyways, I will be home Wednesday, and this weekend ill probably have a good chance to really work on the Clone Engine, amoung other things

Hyperpulse

Smash Rookie
Excuse my noobiness, but what excatly is the clone engine?
From what I've heard, it will allow PSAs and Animation-sets to be costume-specific rather than character-specific; correct me if I'm wrong.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Excuse my noobiness, but what excatly is the clone engine?
From what I've heard, it will allow PSAs and Animation-sets to be costume-specific rather than character-specific; correct me if I'm wrong.
I would think, to put it simply, add characters not replace. Whether it be animations, psa, costumes, nothing should replace another character

Link40

Smash Cadet
So, some news from the clone engine ? I've I undestood well, you will be working on it this week-end.

Good luck, I hope it will be ready in a few weeks :)

Raqib

Smash Cadet
So, some news from the clone engine ? I've I undestood well, you will be working on it this week-end.

Good luck, I hope it will be ready in a few weeks :)
"(@dantarion)
9/23/10 8:01 AM
Clone Engine 2.0 day 1. Roy working 100% BUT Roy vs Marth not working. Back to the drawing board"

Straight from his Twitter

ds22

Smash Lord
1 day old tweet is old.

"(@dantarion)
9/23/10 11:21 AM
@ds22R I was reusing so much of Marths slot that the game was considering marth and roy to be the same charcter"

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Ok, so, how will this work? Is it possible to have more char slots now?

EDIT: What's TOONSHEIK/TOONZELDA/PRAMAI/MEWTWO/DR_MARIO/ROY/DIXIE/MARIOD doing there? Those are the other "7 slots"? But why are they 8? Uh.. I'm surely waiting for this! o_o

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Ok, so, how will this work? Is it possible to have more char slots now?

EDIT: What's TOONSHEIK/TOONZELDA/PRAMAI/MEWTWO/DR_MARIO/ROY/DIXIE/MARIOD doing there? Those are the other "7 slots"? But why are they 8? Uh.. I'm surely waiting for this! o_o
Those are the forbidden 7 and the debug version of mario nothing special :p

Top Bottom