• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Discussion (The ARF Engine.)

duffmmann

Smash Cadet
I'm sure its been asked, but I'm very excited for this code. Is there maybe a timeline, even a very rough timeline of when you foresee this thing being in a complete enough phase to share with the public? I'm well aware there are many issues and bugs to be worked out, but is there any idea of how long it will take before we will see this on our consoles.

Don't get me wrong, i very much appreciate all the work being done here, I'm just very anxious and excited about this.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Not to speak for Dant, but he usually works on things whenever he feels like it. He's been talking about a landing detection theory in the P:M thread so he may be more inclined to do that, but it's all completely up to whether or not Dant wants to do it in the first place.

That, and he currently does not have access to a Wii.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Not to speak for Dant, but he usually works on things whenever he feels like it. He's been talking about a landing detection theory in the P:M thread so he may be more inclined to do that, but it's all completely up to whether or not Dant wants to do it in the first place.

That, and he currently does not have access to a Wii.
dont worry about it. he's already spoken for himself.

Ill work on it when I feel like it

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
The silence it kills me!

grrr?

any other questions that might have the clone engine involved?

can we replace another charcters .rel's over another by simply renaming it? or does it involve hex work. i want king DEDEDE gone, his big gay dance is getting on my nerves (cousins omega spam) and would like SOMEONE over him. so is there anything i can do about that?

and yes, if it can, can it be sonic? you know shadow VS sonic would be nice.

or is it imporobable at the moment.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Also, turns out I was wrong, it was a different thing. You can turn into someone else in the middle of the battle, but not the way I thought:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=12177

You can check his other stuff here, with killable "summon":

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=4090&Moderated=All
Isn't that just a variation of the "on The Fly" code that came out back in the olden days? In a one-on-one match, the second he switches, the game thinks he doesn't exist and he automatically loses XD

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The silence it kills me!

grrr?

any other questions that might have the clone engine involved?

can we replace another charcters .rel's over another by simply renaming it? or does it involve hex work. i want king DEDEDE gone, his big gay dance is getting on my nerves (cousins omega spam) and would like SOMEONE over him. so is there anything i can do about that?

and yes, if it can, can it be sonic? you know shadow VS sonic would be nice.

or is it imporobable at the moment.
Sonic is probably one of the only characters I can port. Characters with no articles are easy to port...
Jiggs
Marth
Sonic

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
yeah somethin we can't get due to the fact, i could REALLY care less about project m

to me it's just melee. even though it might be fun in the future. but its not a major interest to me.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
no, its my opinion, Melee isn't my preference, not as many characters, nor as modable.

but like i said when it comes to gameplay its much better.

don't troll me cause i don't fit in with your herd.

I had to deal with some other troll **** on another forum i went too. and guess what...

i left that crap, because of how i did things wasn't what every one else did.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
blah blah blah, take whiny bs out of my thread little kiddies.

even if i released the codes, no one would be able to do **** with them, as it requires so much work.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
That much, i understand.

you have to work on the code, to where any 1 can use it, not just people who understand the code.

this is why i'm ever so patient for the project.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I won't get in the Melee x Brawl arguing, and this isn't the right thread for it. I'm not even sure if there's a thread for it. But I support Dantarion as long as his creations reach as many people as possible.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if anyone has asked this yet, but do the forbidden 7 have Kirby hats? I would assume they don't, but then was Dant able to create them through an act of pure smash wizardry or has this not been accomplished yet?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Does it matter?
Since you know, you can't PLAY as any of them, does it really matter if Kirby can swallow them?
As for if they have them, look on the game disc yourself please.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I believe you'd just get the Kirby hat of whatever character they're based off of.

Ex Marth for Roy, Lucario for Mewtwo, Pikachu for Pichu, etc.

Getsuei-Moon

Smash Cadet
Dant great job so far. I'm happy to see that the ARF Engine is still well and alive.
To others on this thread, stop with the BS and stick to the subject of the thread.
P.M. each other if you wanna whine to each other, please and thank you.
P.S. DANTARION YOUR ******* AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Good question considering that Dant isn't home yet and we don't even know if he'll continue this when he does.

Top Bottom