• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Discussion (The ARF Engine.)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
IF he happens to give up on this, does anyone think they are close enough to his level to pick up where he left off?

This iis a hypothetical situation.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Unless their name is Phantom Wings, I would say no.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Well that would be a good shame.

cause he's implying something. and thus teasing us.

but heres my MAIN question.

if DS22 knows so much of Dantarion's little secret. can us Riivolution users use it, while equipped with the .GCT enabler?

ds22

Smash Lord
What I know of the Clone Engine is a plausible ??? before massive HYPE and how Dantarion is planning to code.
And about Riivolution, I would have no idea.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
hmmm

okay, so you know it "might" continue and not hopefully die out like the last one, but this time due to ProjectM and not the lack of knowledge or time.

and when you say "code it" you mean via GCT or actual files. but most likely GCT.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
The Code???

but there are some many of the Accessor Method.

i don't remember much. but i've heard of it.

so he's going to use the accessor method. hmmm

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
theres a computer code called the Accessor method. it's not as complex as Hexidecimal, but it in theory could make a clone engine fully operable.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I'm sorry for being an idiot, but what exactly is this...? Is this the clone engine? (I've been gone for literally months, I haven't got the slightest idea what's going on)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I'm sorry for being an idiot, but what exactly is this...? Is this the clone engine? (I've been gone for literally months, I haven't got the slightest idea what's going on)
Yeah. Some mod renamed the title from The Clone Engine to The ARF Engine because of all the hype it generated.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
I just need to know what Accesser is all about.

i've researched the word. but it wants to point to the Accessor method. and not what that word is exactly..

you people and your secrets

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Well then. i can be patient. for you stopped my sluething right there.

i dare not enter Character Module files.

i hope to see progress in the near future.

duffmmann

Smash Cadet
Yeah. Some mod renamed the title from The Clone Engine to The ARF Engine because of all the hype it generated.
Its not just a clone engine, it creates 7 new extra slots for your character select screen that you can put new characters onto. This would mean that we'd be able to have battles like Mewtwo Vs. Lucario, Sonic Vs. Shadow, Roy Vs. Marth, etc.

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
I derive an embarrassing amount of enjoyment from the pre-major-release forum puzzles.

I know what an accessor method is. Not sure how it can be the solution to everything...

So, you store 7 extra character modules stored in a way that does not interfere with the size limitations. Then you use an accessor method grab one when a non-vanilla character is loaded?

You'll have to forgive my ignorance, I am merely a bored computer scientist in the midst of finals.

ds22

Smash Lord
i derive an embarrassing amount of enjoyment from the pre-major-release forum puzzles.

I know what an accessor method is. Not sure how it can be the solution to everything...

So, you store 7 extra character modules stored in a way that does not interfere with the size limitations. Then you use an accessor method grab one when a non-vanilla character is loaded?

You'll have to forgive my ignorance, i am merely a bored computer scientist in the midst of finals.
No!
That is NOT what ACCESSOR is.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Its not just a clone engine, it creates 7 new extra slots for your character select screen that you can put new characters onto. This would mean that we'd be able to have battles like Mewtwo Vs. Lucario, Sonic Vs. Shadow, Roy Vs. Marth, etc.
That's what the clone engine aims to do. You just defined the clone engine >_>

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
infinite new slots, you mean.

duffmmann

Smash Cadet
That's what the clone engine aims to do. You just defined the clone engine >_>
Oh, when I hear clone engine, I think of what we already have where you can hold R on the gamecube controller and select a character and it will activate an alternate character in the lm folder instead of pf. But I guess I can see how they are both clone engines, i would just consider this more than a clone engine I guess, I dunno.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
what youre thinking of isnt really a clone engine. its just essentially hotkeying .pac swaps.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Oh, when I hear clone engine, I think of what we already have where you can hold R on the gamecube controller and select a character and it will activate an alternate character in the lm folder instead of pf. But I guess I can see how they are both clone engines, i would just consider this more than a clone engine I guess, I dunno.
The other one is reffered as Clone Engine 'cause at first people thought you could use both Marth and Roy (for giving an example, I said these 2) at the same time using that method (I think)

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Well we know what's going to happen to this project.

1.It's cancelled due to our badgering.
2.it's cancelled due to project M.
3.It's cancelled cause there are too many problems.
4.it's cancelled cause it is.

LOL JK

If dantarion cancels cause he cancels it. he can.

what can we do? we'll eventually find a way. maybe with Riivolution's future updates (if there is going to be one)

either way. if he does cancel's it, lets hope he'll release all the work for some of use to hopefully find some trick to make them work by themselves.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
There is no Clone engine?!?

i sorta knew that lol.

it's not possible with Brawl's code.

and yes by the looks of it, it's been cancelled. due to other more prevelant interests.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
There is no Clone engine?!?

i sorta knew that lol.

it's not possible with Brawl's code.

and yes by the looks of it, it's been cancelled. due to other more prevelant interests.
It hasn't been canceled, it's been set aside for the time being with other projects being more favored.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Well, it might take till the end of 2011 for it to be "favored" or even put into an alpha working state.

either way, i'll be patient. cause i want many PSA'S but i can't haz them. unless i get a Clone engine that'll allow me to play the same characters.

Top Bottom