• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cleveland Area, ESCAPE 04/12 Melee and Brawl Tournament!

BlindEyE

Smash Apprentice
Date:
Saturday, April. 12, 2008

Place:
ESCAPE Gaming Center
470 Northfield Rd.
Bedford, Oh 44146

Times:
Check-in & Practice - 1PM to 2PM
SSBMelee Tournament - 2:00PM to 4:00pm
Lunch Break - 4:00PM to 4:30PM
SSBBrawl Tournament - 4:30PM to 6:30PM

Cost:
SSBMelee = $15 per-person
SSBBrawl = $15 per-person

Payouts:
SSBMelee = 1st 40%. 2nd 20%, 3rd 10% (Minimum Payouts)
SSBBrawl = 1st 40%. 2nd 20%, 3rd 10% (Minimum Payouts)

Tournament Rules:
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Register by:
Store Sign Up: 470 Northfield Rd. Bedford, Oh 44146
Phone Sign Up: 440.945.0213
E-Mail Sign Up: escape@escapeplay.net
AIM Sign Up: escapeplay470

Signing up for SSBMelee and/or SSBBrawl please provide:
Player Name:
Gamer Tag Name:
E-mail Adress:
If you wish to bring a Wii Station for Brawl please provide that as well.

Space is limited to 40 Players max per tournament

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Singles only?
If I can get off work, I'll be there, and you can probably count on wgwolverine being there too.

EDIT:And I can bring a wii if i come too, I'll give you a for sure yes/no post after I hear from my boss tomorrow.

BlindEyE

Smash Apprentice
Singles only?
If I can get off work, I'll be there, and you can probably count on wgwolverine being there too.

EDIT:And I can bring a wii if i come too, I'll give you a for sure yes/no post after I hear from my boss tomorrow.
Singles for now I wanna make sure things run smoothly with brawl first. we had a Brawl Tourney at the Gaming Convention it went pretty smoothly, I wanna make sure I have a repeat.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Still need my help? I can help with Brawl stage rules and stuff too if you want. I'll be there

nojoes

Smash Ace
My brother and I would come for brawl singles and opt for brawl doubles and i'm sure vidjo would come for any smash event you guys host.

also i vote brawl goes first =p

and do you think you'll be able to finish in those time frames or are those just rough guidelines?

4% APR

Smash Champion
Maybe we'll finish by then but a lot depends on turnout. It has never gone on past like, 8 though.

BlindEyE

Smash Apprentice
To 4%, yes I would love the help.

To MastaBraz, Yeah Thats a typo that should say 3 stock, I will fix that.

To nojoes, Those are the guidelines but like 4% has said usually doesn't run past 8, The goal is to be as close to the posted times as possible.

We will see about doubles for Brawl, if things go well I can maybe fit a doubles in.

4% APR

Smash Champion
I'm up for trying to do Brawl doubles. Also I'll be glad to help again

Also, I'd really like to see pittsburg show up, you guys are too good

Apples

Smash Apprentice
This looks soooo good, but idk if I'm gonna make it. I've been requesting off work a bit much lately... so I don't wanna push it.

4%, you better represent CF with a 1st place finish! =]

BlindEyE

Smash Apprentice
Should be interesting Pete(aka Impp) won all the Smash Tournaments we held at the gaming convention we were at. For the 1st year of the convention it was not bad, hopefully next year will be even better.

Yeah I still need to post the results from the gaming convention tournaments.

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
yeah i had a lot of fun at the convention it was pretty cool. Not enough people though. That should change with next year though.

soap

Smash Hero
looks fun, havent seen pittyburgh in a while, i need revenge on a certain young link. since this is my first melee tourney since the end of melee ima bust out the ole marth as my new main

Goddess

Smash Apprentice
soap-
will sarah be here?
i miss her a lot.
if so, i'll maybe show up.

soap

Smash Hero
well if im drving 2 and 1/2 hours to this, and she lives like 5 minutes, she better come, we'll play some hackysack, i hope the weather is good.

are there melee doubles? if so teamsies anyone, i pretty much just play marth now, but i think my sheik is still better in teams so ill stick with her depending on who wants to team

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I can make it for sure

Player Name: Andrew Gallagher
Gamertag: ithrowthings
e-mail: ageofempireslan@yahoo.com

Edit: Definitely gonna play Brawl, possibly melee as well.
I can probably bring 3-4 friends
I will be bringing at least 1 wii with copy of brawl. (I can bring up to 3 wii's with brawl)

How are we looking on TVs?
If my friend wants to only play brawl, must he show up at 1 PM or can he show up during the break?

BlindEyE

Smash Apprentice
I can make it for sure
Edit: Definitely gonna play Brawl, possibly melee as well.
I can probably bring 3-4 friends
I will be bringing at least 1 wii with copy of brawl. (I can bring up to 3 wii's with brawl)

How are we looking on TVs?
If my friend wants to only play brawl, must he show up at 1 PM or can he show up during the break?
With Impp also bringing a TV we are set on TVs and Gamecubes, all we need is Wiis along with Brawl of course. =)

I have around 5 TVs in the store that includes the Big HD one, That I had planed mainly for Finals but if we need we can use for the duration of the Tourney with the 4 24in. SDTVs. And we have one Wii, If you bring 3 Wiis that brings us to 4 which is more than we had at the Convention so anything over 3 is a plus. =)

Also you can come during the break if only plan on playing Brawl. How ever many Wiis you can mange to bring is fine even if its just the one. just the more we have the more matches we can have at once and move the tourney along quicker.

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
lol april fux
God I was so confused...I was wondering what that person was talking about with "Yaoi" and "Wisdom." I thought I had the wrong game...

Anyway I THINK I'll be able to come with a Wii and Brawl with everything unlocked and Melee and stuff.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
It isn't too late to sign up is it? I've been planning on this when I saw if a few days ago, but only just noticed the 40 person limit...

Player Name: I'd like to be listed for the tournament with my smashboards name, if you want my real name, it's: Andrew notgivingmylastnameont3hinternets.
Gamer Tag Name: Slartibartfast42
E-mail Adress: Slartibartfast042@gmail.com

I'm going to email this to the adress given too, so just so you don't accidentally count me twice.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Okay, It's confirmed I'm bringing 3 wiis and 3 copies of brawl. I'm also bringing a minimum of 3 people (myself included) most likely 4-5 people.

We only need 1 more wii and brawl copy to run 5 TVs.

Also, how are we on controllers? I have a few I could bring (I'll write my name on em this time too)

sKatZ

Smash Apprentice
YEahyuHZ, me and sheik are comin to wreck
...so lulu, u betta come 2

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I sent an email.
The aim account is invalid..
Me and aaryk are coming for sure, still waiting for Hafwaybrown to confirm.

soap

Smash Hero
YEahyuHZ, me and sheik are comin to wreck
...so lulu, u betta come 2
vidjo was right, this family needs some character diversity...

and stupid brawl taking up melee tourney time. from the past escapes ive been to it took forever just to get through one game, i dont see how 2 games with singles and doubles will work at all. i saw chudat started running melee tournies on saturdays, and brawl on sundays, just make em completely separate and you could devote more stress free time to each game instead of rushing all day and still have it take forever.

thedarkhand

Smash Cadet
I may be able to come....90% sure I just need to iron one more thing out....I'll post the info tommorrow if I can go

Edit: also, that 40 man limit...is there a list of confirmed attendees so that one can figure out when that limit is reached?

Konflyk

Smash Rookie
I think I can come if i'm free and don't have any surprise plans to take care of that day. Also I might bring a friend and doubles would be nice to have also.

Top Bottom