• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clear Classic on Intense with One Stock

hamilton87

Smash Rookie
There is a notice for beating classic on intense with only one stock - and I want this notice :dizzy: So do you have any tips or tricks (maybe with specific characters) to make this a little bit easier - main problem is the stage where you have to beat 3 opponents :mad:
(I know: I have to get maaaaaaaaaany coins ;) )
Thanks ^^

cjrocker

Smash Ace
I did it with Wolf and found it easier than you would think (I also had 9999 coins at the time, so continuing was never an issue.) The ffa at the end totally depends on who your opponents are; I was stuck with Falco, R.O.B. and Charizard so I died once or twice. I'd say either Donkey/Diddy Kong or Wario are the hardest, simply because of the randomness on the stages you fight them on that are very unfair.
Compared to Boss Battles on intense, this is nothing.

SpudUK

Smash Rookie
I did it with Ike, although like cj above me, I had to continue once or twice.

A cookie goes to anyone who can do it with Jigglypuff without anymore than 5 continues :p

badmanwolf

Smash Rookie
When I first read this thread, I thought you had to do intense, 1 stock without using continues. Thats insane.

...Do you get a trophy for doing this?

hamilton87

Smash Rookie
no you do not get a trophy but a message that you did it....
but three opponents with only one stock is really hard (even with continues) o_O

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Phew, you can use continues? That's not hard at all then.

Use Snake. I've beaten Classic mode on Intense as Snake without continues. (Max number of stock, 5 I think)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I used Wolf for Classic Intense, but I had 5 lives when doing it. I was fortunate that I never had to use a continue since I did have my hands full on one of the Multi-Man battles.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Did it with Ike with a few continues, like 5 maybe.

The hardest for me was vs the giant character without partner and the free for all (vs 3 characters alone (free for all vs comps doesn't exist in Brawl...))

I also got team Ness in Newpork wich was pretty annoying, but at least my other 10 character team was team Zero Suit Samus and I no damage'd them.

Slike

Smash Cadet
I didn't know about this, and come to think of i, I never really bothered.

Chances are, since I can beat the eggs out of level 9 computers with yoshi, I won't have too many problems on the FFA, unless you mean to tell me that intense computers have more AI than level 9s.

Yadel16

Smash Cadet
I find that just down right frustrating I'm not much of a smasher and I clear hard classic with lots of trouble.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
^ Heck no! I already beat it once and I don't intend on trying to beat that challenge again!

On Topic: I just cleared it today with Fox. The only problem I had was fighting Giant Mr. G&W. His down smash was a instant KO!

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
You can use continues to get the notice? Wish I knew...

My Ice Climbers lost in the FFA stage (more like 1 vs. 3)

My Snake lost against Master and Crazy Hand.

I'm convinced that you need All Star mode on Intense in order to go through it without continues. I almost never get past Ike and Marth.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking about trying this with Pikachu. Do you think his Thunder will be effective on Intense with only a single stock at my disposal? Or any further strategies I should try?

cjrocker

Smash Ace
Just use your best character. Characters like Pikachu won't get much use out of random spamming, the CPUs are smarter than that.

badmanwolf

Smash Rookie
If I find time, I might try and do this. Bragging rights are fun :p But right now I'm busy trying to get the trophies and challenges and stuff...

Man I love Smash!

Hoser

Smash Ace
I didn't know about this, and come to think of i, I never really bothered.

Chances are, since I can beat the eggs out of level 9 computers with yoshi, I won't have too many problems on the FFA, unless you mean to tell me that intense computers have more AI than level 9s.
Yeah, Intense CPU's are worse than level 9s.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
When I first read this thread, I thought you had to do intense, 1 stock without using continues. Thats insane.

...Do you get a trophy for doing this?
I misread the topic title thinking it said "SSE on Intense, never dying" - That's like the equivalent to beating Jumper without dying. Well, not that extreme but...

BTW, the average death of most players in the game "Jumper" is probably, 10-20 thousand. It's one of those platformers where one wrong move, you're dead, start over from the beginning of the level.

My Ice Climbers lost in the FFA stage (more like 1 vs. 3)
It is 1v3. They're all against you, it's just that team attack is on.

My Snake lost against Master and Crazy Hand.
Try to wait in Target mode or something, or try to delay the match as long as possible, so that you get to Master Hand in MORE than 9 minutes.

That way, you won't have to fight Crazy Hand too.

Natolis

Smash Cadet
it was really easy when you do it with snake because he has great recovery and he is a powerhouse

Roxmorf

Smash Cadet
Atleast the Boss isn't Tabuu, Master Hand's moves are so predictable.
I agree, and not only predictable, both hands are soooooo easy to beat, always take me about 5-7 seconds to defeat them in the final bosses thing. The trick is to hit them in the wrist in most attacks are vulnerable to some damage (specially when pulling lasers from fingers, or trying to grab you)

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
yesterday I cleared Classic on Intense with Mario without a continue, but I used 5 stock. Died 3 times (one against Team Meta Knight, one in the 1vs3 battle and one against Master Hand). I never tried it with just one stock. But sounds an interesting challenge.

Atleast the Boss isn't Tabuu, Master Hand's moves are so predictable.
Personally I think Tabuu's moves are more predictably. Recently I figured out how to avoid his Off Waves easily. Classic Mode's Master Hand has some moves who come out quickly, such as the side slap. And I really hate the drill attack. On intense it gives me around 150 % damage. But Master Hand on Boss Battles it's a different story (so is Crazy Hand).

Rexdawn

Smash Rookie
People use continues? I did this without continues for Sonic, Meta Knight, Wario and Lucario so far. Still working on the others.

Here's some tips:

On Stage 11 (the 1v3), it's not purely a one-on-three match. They WILL attack each other. Do what I do: Hang out on the ledge. If there's an enemy like Pikachu or Ice Climbers, beware that their projectiles don't knock you off. The enemies will mostly fight each other if you hang on the ledge a lot. It's even better if Captain Falcon is among them.

Kill as much time as possible. You don't want to fight Crazy Hand AND Master Hand.

Abuse items like Fire Flower and Superspicy Curry on walk-off stages. This applies greatly to Giant battles.

The only reason I don't use continues is that nasty +1 to the end of your score. Everyone will know you continued.

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
This sounds cool we should make a Hall of Fame for everyone who did it! I'm going to try with my Toon! :)

giantpune

Smash Cadet
I just finished this one. I used fox and most of it was easy.
The match against Dedede and Metaknight with kirby on my team took me like 10 continues.

Team Lucas and team Zero suit Samus were both easy thanks to the reflector shield.

Giant Wolf and Giant Yoshi went down surprisingly easily. I just stood in place holding up and pressing the crap out of the A-button until they were around 200% then up smash.

The 3 on 1 match gave me Ganondorf, Sonic, and Capton Falcon. That was a major pain in the arse. After another 10 continues, I ended up winning by running to one edge of the screen while they fought. Then when they got close, double jump and fly across to the other side of the screen. They did a good job of killing each other off. A few minutes later all I had to do was put the finishing hits on Ganondorf.

Master hand was INSANE compared to Boss battles on intense and SSE on intense. In Boss battles, it takes 8 of fox's downward arial attack to kill him. The Master hand I just saw took double that. And on top of that, he is faster than before.

So, having done this. Here's my advise-- Take a buttload of coins with you. It costs 100 every time you continue. The fastest way to get coins is at the Ruined Hall in SSE. On intense, you get anywhere from 35 to 42 coins every time you beat it. It takes just over a minute to do, so in an hour you should have enough for 20 or so attempts at classic mode (and if you use "+sticker drop" stickers, you get a lot of rare stickers, too).

The CPUs are like level 15. They air-dodge, roll, spot-dodge, and every other kind of dodge. They even chase you off the edge of the level like the cruel alloys. Make sure you can do all of this, too. Also there are some items they will pick up and some they won't. Pay attention to the stuff they go for and beat them up as they go for it.

When you get to the 10 vs 1 team battles and the giant opponents, find a good move to spam.

Practice on Master hand in Boss battles on intense. I can kill him without getting hit, and the Master hand in Classis mode got me up to 150%.

Thats pretty much it. I hope this helps anybody that was having trouble with this one.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I did it with Ike, one stock, no continues.

With Mario, I had to continue one due to the FFA at the end. (****in' items...)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I've not tried it one stock- I'll try that, it should be easy.
Easy meaning doable in 9999 coins XD.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
lol same here... getting 9999 coins is usually never a problem to me... so with all these coins, i think ill go ahead and try this out... never done it.. but i dont think it will be that hard..

Veril

Frame Savant
I've done it with Lucas: one stock, no continues... Its a b****.

Item zapjumps + Psi-M absorbs = win

And Lucas is a pretty good boss killer.

Top Bottom