• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of Fighters! Circuit Event I 11/21/09 Chicago, Illinois

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Credit for beating Grimace and Hunger? JLO makes Iowa proud.

We just need to get doubles figured out like Grimace and Fatboy. Those guys play really well together.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Two set ups to run a tourney and my set up was being use the most which is funny cause I almost didn't brought it(By the way I still pay the $7 T.T)

But yeah besides the tourney I enjoy talking to people there so hopefully we can make it to future ones >.0

Nicole

Smash Champion
sry, just when I saw "Credit for a tournament with single elimination"

this is what came to mind

picture
Hey, JLo still won his matches. Single elimination or no, he won enough to get third.

BUT on a scale from one to gay, single elimination is at least marching band. I'm so glad I didn't go to this tournament :/

gantrain05

Smash Master
JLo isn't bad, but getting 3rd is just an insanely lucky bracket, in single elim with no pools, mind you. It's pure luck that he got 3rd. Good matchups or no, this tournament's results can't be taken seriously for any real purposes.

I remember having him in my pool at No Koast v2 and didn't find him very good...at all. Above scrub level, yes, but yeah.....
your right, i had a totally lucky bracket, having to take out hunger, grimace, joker, and if i won vs joker i had to play lain, yeah, it was a total breeze lolwtf.

btw who were u at No Koast V2? one of the 4 MK's i played in my pool? or maybe one of the other 3 marths, cuz u weren't mjg or that wolf guy. your right, an entire pool full of all of peaches worst matchups all put together, i was in a great mood there lol. i can say for sure i played like **** at that entire tourney.

Arty

Smash Lord
Wafles, JLo is extremely good and deserves his placement, even if it was single elimination. He beat Grimace and Hunger legitly.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
i do feel like if this wasnt single elimination the results would be much different... my falcon was on fire! until i had to play an MK... i think kain would have placed much higher if it was double elimination. same with myself, BC and stiggy. champaign got screwed by single elimination!!!!111!!1

im just upset that we missed crew battles, friendlies and $$MM... i was looking forward to playing alot of you guys but the chance just wasnt there...

come to champaign tournaments guys! were also gonna host one north of chicago next month. we'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't really care if wafles thinks im good or not, but when u don't even show up to this tourney, (which was probably a good decision, good people and all, but the venue and setups were pretty krusty) and your bashing on me for some reason or another i just kind of find that to be pretty rude. im sure we could all sit here all night long listing off people we don't think are very good. oh well tho, people have opinions, its all water under the bridge from here on out.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
What does Iowa need to do to get ANY respect?

It seems like everywhere we go, we do at least moderately well and then everyone just says oh well Iowa sucks.

At least we are all nice people, so can't people just keep those negative opinions (even though I believe they are false) to themselves?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
sry about taking the TVs with us. We had to bounce. I enjoyed meeting Joker, Jlo, Genosamus, Xero and especially Big O. I wish to meet again the future. Other than the people I met, I really didn't enjoy the tourney at all. First tournament in ages and it sucked for me. But oh well, next time.

Jonomatic

Smash Rookie
This was my first tournament. It kinda sucked since there were only two setups, but hey everyone there was really cool especially the Iowans. I didn't get to play much but I got a lot of experience from watching and talking to other players. No one probably knows who I am but I'm planning on going out to as many tourneys as I can.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
This was my first tournament. It kinda sucked since there were only two setups, but hey everyone there was really cool especially the Iowans. I didn't get to play much but I got a lot of experience from watching and talking to other players. No one probably knows who I am but I'm planning on going out to as many tourneys as I can.
I remember who you are man!

§chizm

Smash Lord
Tourney was pretty...dumb but I guess it can't be helped now. The one match I had was pretty fun (though I couldn't play IC. :ohwell:) and not having a doubles partner sucked. The people there were pretty cool though.
Were you the Snake player I was talking to once in a while? There were a few people I talked to that I wasn't sure who they were.

Count

Smash Champion
Iowa is way too good anybody hating on them is an idiot.

I really wish I could've seen how I would've done in double elim. If anybody watched my set with joker I had him game two, but he pulled and fsmash last stock when he was at 170 and I was at 40! I dropped the first game anyway, but I thought I was playing fairly well at this.

tl;dr joker and iowa are way too good :)

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Plus we came prepared with a Setup! :bee: Everyone there was nice. All you guys were cool. Really hope you guys could make it to an Iowa Tourney.

Wafles

Smash Lord
your right, i had a totally lucky bracket, having to take out hunger, grimace, joker, and if i won vs joker i had to play lain, yeah, it was a total breeze lolwtf.

btw who were u at No Koast V2? one of the 4 MK's i played in my pool? or maybe one of the other 3 marths, cuz u weren't mjg or that wolf guy. your right, an entire pool full of all of peaches worst matchups all put together, i was in a great mood there lol. i can say for sure i
played like **** at that entire tourney.
Maybe I meant lucky matchups, but yeah those players you beat were legit, and I'm pretty suprised you beat them after playing you at No Koast. I probably played MK against you, but No Koast's janky *** pools rules kind of forced me into doing that instead of playing Falco since I kept getting gay stages.

Forget I said anything, I probably wasn't thinking when I made that post. You're legit when there's no MK or Marth around I guess, lol..........

i don't really care if wafles thinks im good or not, but when u don't even show up to this tourney, (which was probably a good decision, good people and all, but the venue and setups were pretty krusty) and your bashing on me for some reason or another i just kind of find that to be pretty rude. im sure we could all sit here all night long listing off people we don't think are very good. oh well tho, people have opinions, its all water under the bridge from here on out.
I have a job. I would have come if I could have, but the couple weeks before Thanksgiving are virtually impossible for me to get off of work.

What does Iowa need to do to get ANY respect?

It seems like everywhere we go, we do at least moderately well and then everyone just says oh well Iowa sucks.

At least we are all nice people, so can't people just keep those negative opinions (even though I believe they are false) to themselves?
I have respect for Iowa, I just didn't think JLo was good and am suprised he got 3rd, that's it.

Wafles

Smash Lord
It's these kind of people that makes a community bad.
And spamming this thread with worthless posts definitely doesn't.
Try saying something specific, it just looks like you're trying to start fights now when I had absolutely no issue with you or Iowa at all. Just suprised at JLo, and I even took back my statement about him not being good.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Alright then. I apologize also for doing that. I just don't like other players not respecting other players.

Sliq

Smash Master
To be honest, I'd probably would've placed EXACTLY THE SAME or even a little better if we had done double elimination. I checked my loser's bracket, and the people I was lined up to fight seemed easily winnable, and my next match would've been Hunger. If I'd have lost to him I would've gotten 5th.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

gantrain05

Smash Master
To be honest, I'd probably would've placed EXACTLY THE SAME or even a little better if we had done double elimination. I checked my loser's bracket, and the people I was lined up to fight seemed easily winnable, and my next match would've been Hunger. If I'd have lost to him I would've gotten 5th.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
hey man, your bowser is too good, i was very impressed.

Jonomatic

Smash Rookie
Tourney was pretty...dumb but I guess it can't be helped now. The one match I had was pretty fun (though I couldn't play IC. :ohwell:) and not having a doubles partner sucked. The people there were pretty cool though.

Were you the Snake player I was talking to once in a while? There were a few people I talked to that I wasn't sure who they were.
Yup that was me.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
i'm not going to say much about this tournament. this tournament was god aweful, and I ran the **** thing (I'm Webster). but hey we tried the best we could, and we had fun with what he had. OOSers don't let this tournament discourage you from coming to future events me and dark kakashi run. together we have ran over 20 tournaments in the past two years and this is the ONLY tournament that waz COMPLETE ***. that's pretty good if u ask me.

special thanks to those who did bring full set ups. for those that didn't bring set ups and could have, well i think maybe next time you should eh. yeah DK should have advertised that we needed set ups a bit better, that much is clear. but he tried to provide for a variety of fighting games. so one person can only do so much. people need to remember that it takes a community effort to be successful at community events.

to those who tried to help the pools/brackets i thank you. but because a variety of people kept messing with my computer/tio/brackets/whatever a lot of tournament brackets got all messed up. i dunno who did it, and i'm not gonna blame anyone. but i will enforce a "STAY AWAY FROM MY LAPTOP" rule at the next tournament hahaha.

alright, well it was really nice meeting a variety of new people. again i hope some of yous had fun. to be honest, i did. and the chinese food was surprisingly really good (even though i was up at 6AM and didn't get to eat until 8:30 pm), . DAYUM!!! :(

ggs to everyone.
can I go on your laptop,

Also quote for emphasis

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
sliq, i would have ***** you in losers mo ****a. get at my cpt failcon ;)

if it was double elim (and a real tourny), i would not have gone all falcon... this tournament was a joke, so the results mean nothing. iowa still sucks lollolololollolll

im kidding, kind of.... :p

gantrain05

Smash Master
sliq, i would have ***** you in losers mo ****a. get at my cpt failcon ;)

if it was double elim (and a real tourny), i would not have gone all falcon... this tournament was a joke, so the results mean nothing. iowa still sucks lollolololollolll

im kidding, kind of.... :p
if i met u in tourney i woulda have went all ganon, no joke lol.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
YO!!!! Any smashers from Chicago wanna link up an dplay over the winter break??? I can't find any spots in th eregional area so I posted here. If u gonna B in da CHI 4 Xmas lemme kno cuz I wanna get some smashin goin!!!

Top Bottom