• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Circuit Event] **Fuhgeddaboudit 2** 9/29 Oshkosh, WI

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Hey, everyone! Sorry for my huge absense of posting. I wanted to use my 1,000th post for announcing my circuit event tourney so I held out until I was sure about what was going on. People who have heard of me and my tournament series, Handsome Jett, may be confused at the title here. Well the tournament on 9/29 wont be used for HJ5 for a few reasons. UWO was adding unecessary friction to both the overnight housing and catering situations. I dislocated my finger and haven't even been able to play smash all month. I broke up with Airy/vjgyo, whom I had been dating for 4.5 years. And so on. So I wasn't really up to running a huge tournament. Johns aside I knew I had already put too much effort into this circuit tourney to just let it fizzle out, so instead of doing that I am sharing the responsibilities of this tournament with Black Hayate, who ran the successful tournament "Fuhgeddaboudit 1" in Steven's Point earlier this year. The tournament will be 1 day instead of weekend-long, and will be smash-only, without all the other random stuff like at HJ4, so it should work out perfectly for a circuit event.

Fuhgeddaboudit 2
University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
Reeve Union Rooms 201+202
748 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901
TEAMS TOURNAMENT STARTS: 11 AM
Singles after Teams, around 3-4PM maybe?
If singles is on schedule, we'll do state crews before top 4 in Singles.

The cost of this tournament will be an all-inclusive $30. This will be split $15 for singles, $10 per teammate, and the remaining $5 will be divided between the midwest circuit pot bonus and also to get a coupon for a free footlong sub at the Subway across the street from the venue. We are also going to have 8 cases of Pepsi donated by the school, and will be allowed to distribute $100 worth of snacks or other refreshments on-venue. Post up what you would want to snack on... the Oshkosh Pick n Save likes to sponsor university events by donating food so it wont be added to the cost. There might also be an EXTRA pot bonus of several hundred dollars if we get sponsored by the UWO Union Board of Recreation, but I wont know for sure until the 27th of August so don't get your hopes up just yet. Regardless of all that, the venue itself is huge, free and GREAT for a one-day tournament, so instead of being sad that we wont have HJ5, let's be happy we get to have an awesome circuit tourney as well as HJ5 to look forward to later in the year :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Split will be 60/30/10, unless interest is high enough to call for paying out further, rules are normal etc, will get edited in.

SNAKES!
To hype up HJ5 a bit, a tradition I've been having is that for every decent sized WI tourney I've been giving out special rubber snakes to the top 3 for singles. These snakes can later be redeemed for money off of your entrance fee for HJ5, and the player with the most snakes will get some sort of special prize which is yet to be determined (although Zicore's suggestion of a racy lifesize Mew2King poster would be great). So to UP THE STAKES of this tourney I'm gonna give out some rubber snakes here at FudgeButtTits 2 YEAHHHHHHHHH

POST UP!!!!!

SETUPS as of 9/11:
Eighteenspikes (2x cube, 2x tv, 1x melee) + KSSB (1x melee) = 2 setups
SlayerOfMe (2x cube, 2x melee) + Zicore (1x tv) + Chronosquare (1x tv) = 2 setups
Quaz = 1 setup
Eci4 = 1 setup
BZZL = 1 setup
7 setups

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Oh goodness, I haven't stood on East Wisconsin soil in a long time. I really wanna go to this.

MN vs WI: Round 2 :chuckle:

Eci4

Smash Ace
yes, MN spamming the first page... I don't think I want to make this drive though, so so long as there is room in someone else's vehicle I plan on going

Seanson

Smash Ace
i hope i can attend, we'll see...

coming 2 hours to go home just to drive 5 hours to a tourney, that means 5 back then 2 back as well... that is 14 hours of driving in just a weekend if i go

edit: if i can somehow get straight from winona to oshkosh, it's only 3.5 hours each way, butting my travel time in half... but there is an almost 0 chance of that happening.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Oh snap Chicago interest? Things just got more interesting :chuckle:

Or maybe I'm just misinformed and more states than MN/WI attended the last Fuhgeddaboutit...

Echo

Smash Champion
Would there be any housing available for this?? I'm sure we could bring a carfull down.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
This looks to be cool.

Unrelated: 56k, your signature reeks of awesomeness. ;)

Zicore

Smash Champion
This looks to be cool.

Unrelated: 56k, your signature reeks of awesomeness. ;)

Agree 100%. That is just too cool.

On a smash note, I am not sure who from out crew is going, depending on if KSSB gets his butt back from Chicago or not. I am sure he will, so therefore it will be me, EoF, KSSB, and possibly a 4th for my partner.

FUDGE BUTT **** 2! WOO!

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Would there be any housing available for this?? I'm sure we could bring a carfull down.
There aren't too many smashers in the area, but the ones that are tend to be open for housing. Marth101, JamesSparrow and myself all house on occasion and live within 20 minutes of the venue (marth101 lives down the street, actually). As for hotels or whatnot, the Gruenhagen Conference Center, which is on-campus a few hundred feet away, has hotel-style rooms for $42 a night for a 'plus room'. Those interested can find more info here:

http://www.mio.uwosh.edu/gcc/lodging/index.asp

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Hi Mathos!

Maybe since there's likely to be lots of states besides just MN/WI we could do a 4 or more way state crew tourny/round robin?

Ethan.

Smash Ace
< marth101 btw

and yeah i'm almost positive i could house you for one day. you'd have to leave before october first because i'm leaving for india untill the 17th. With that being said, i can house you for the night of sept 29 and probably most of the 30th if needed.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I'll edit something in about the snakes lol

as for crews, I'm not sure if we'll have time. We'll have the rooms all day, until midnight for sure. Would you guys prefer an earlier start time/rushed round robin for the sake of some sweet state on state crew action??

Eci4

Smash Ace
wait, what time is this starting currently, I can't even find that...

personally, I'd rather later start with no crew battles. For a lot of people from OOS, this will be a decent sized drive, and earlier start time means either waking up way early, or asking people to house the night before.

If Wisconsin can house the night before, then by all means, crews would be great.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
10 man WI crew what do you guys think??? (hope I didn't hurt anybodys feelings lol)

-=-=MAIN=-=-
tapion
crash
sauce
lone
puff
kssb
hayate
spikes (crew leader)
quaz
eof

-=-=ALTERNATES=-=-
ethan
sync
mundungu
eow
xtra
cwolf
zicore
meza

...is fastest going?

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
Don't count on Crash and Sauce, but maybe.

Is Sept 29th a home game for UW football? If not, I can come to this.

EDIT: I checked, and it's MSU in Madison that day. I choose making a months rent in one day over smash. Sorry guys.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Crew leader?? Being starter at fudgebutttits1 was nerve wracking enough :p

Droly, all the good people are going to the circuit events, come join us :)

I'd like to hear some input on start times before I make a solid decision. I think we get the room as early as 9. What do you oosers think is a fair time to start teams?

Puffinator

Smash Ace
I hope I can make this
ill do whatever i can to get off of a debate tourny that day; though my partner may not be too happy about it :( it's up to her i guess

i dont want to miss a midwest circuit event, especially so close to home, considering im one of the few smashers who is banned from traveling outside of a 1.5 hr radius.

JS i agree yet dissagree with you; it's obvious ethan is a more well rounded player; he can play a ton of characters better than i can (or lone can for that matter). And if I played him in an ironman match or whatever it's called, id get annihilated x_x. However, me and lone still beat him in tournies. So i guess it's how you look at it.

Sliq

Smash Master
Jiano sent me to tell you that you should reschedule because a Game Junkie Tournament is on the same day. He sent me because he is banned for being a ginger.

Zicore

Smash Champion
I agree with Mathos. I think a Circuit event is more important then game junkie, is it not? I could be wrong, but from what I hear, these things are huge.

Sliq

Smash Master
I agree with Mathos. I think a Circuit event is more important then game junkie, is it not? I could be wrong, but from what I hear, these things are huge.
Sun Jiano (6:28:01 PM): reply to that person
Sun Jiano (6:28:02 PM): and go
Sliq1337 (6:27:37 PM): wut
Sun Jiano (6:28:08 PM): "there were about 30 people for the last one"
Sun Jiano (6:28:23 PM): no wait
Sun Jiano (6:28:30 PM): say "if by huge you mean 30 people, then yes"
Sun Jiano (6:29:04 PM): and my other reason is because i would rather play EC players over wisconsin people but whatev
Sun Jiano (6:29:29 PM): rofl
Sliq1337 (6:29:02 PM): who from the ec is going to be at gj?
Sun Jiano (6:29:31 PM): you dumb
Sliq1337 (6:29:17 PM): lol
Sun Jiano (6:30:07 PM): in the time it takes to drive to wisconsin
Sun Jiano (6:30:09 PM): i can get to maryland

Puffinator

Smash Ace
Sun Jiano (6:28:01 PM): reply to that person
Sun Jiano (6:28:02 PM): and go
Sliq1337 (6:27:37 PM): wut
Sun Jiano (6:28:08 PM): "there were about 30 people for the last one"
Sun Jiano (6:28:23 PM): no wait
Sun Jiano (6:28:30 PM): say "if by huge you mean 30 people, then yes"
Sun Jiano (6:29:04 PM): and my other reason is because i would rather play EC players over wisconsin people but whatev
Sun Jiano (6:29:29 PM): rofl
Sliq1337 (6:29:02 PM): who from the ec is going to be at gj?
Sun Jiano (6:29:31 PM): you dumb
Sliq1337 (6:29:17 PM): lol
Sun Jiano (6:30:07 PM): in the time it takes to drive to wisconsin
Sun Jiano (6:30:09 PM): i can get to maryland
No wisconsin love:(

Top Bottom