• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Circuit Event] **Fuhgeddaboudit 2** 9/29 Oshkosh, WI

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
He must not know that this ain't just a Wisconsin event...

It's a freakin' circuit event, come on!

Why can't game junkie reschedule >__>

Tyrone565

Smash Cadet
Bzzl and I will be going to this for sure. As for our others, we are not sure. Bzzl and I also challenge any of the alternates for a spot on the WI crew. Can't wait for this ****!

Eci4

Smash Ace
Man Sliq, after you johnned about people skipping SgaB for local events, this is a surprise... well kind of...

It makes sense to say screw it, no one will show up, but if you, as seemingly one of the circuit's biggest supporters, doesn't show up, do you think people who are on the edge will really show up?

You said in the gamejunkie thread that GJ has been planned for a while... I don't know how long, but I do know that HJ5 was being planned for a long time... Spikes even changed it completely to make it a circuit event. As far as I can tell he has done whatever he could to accommodate the circuit, and now you're telling him to change it again?

I wouldn't blame anyone for going to game junkie over this, but I do hope some people will chose the circuit event over local events...

Sliq

Smash Master
Man Sliq, after you johnned about people skipping SgaB for local events, this is a surprise... well kind of...

It makes sense to say screw it, no one will show up, but if you, as seemingly one of the circuit's biggest supporters, doesn't show up, do you think people who are on the edge will really show up?

You said in the gamejunkie thread that GJ has been planned for a while... I don't know how long, but I do know that HJ5 was being planned for a long time... Spikes even changed it completely to make it a circuit event. As far as I can tell he has done whatever he could to accommodate the circuit, and now you're telling him to change it again?

I wouldn't blame anyone for going to game junkie over this, but I do hope some people will chose the circuit event over local events...
Dear Non-Genius:

My AIM is Sliq1337.

JIANO'S AIM is SunJiano.

Jiano is banned (see sig) and asked me to post.

You just got .

Eci4

Smash Ace
I was actually talking about your post on gamejunkie saying that spikes should move the date, but enough of that here... I'll talk to you on aim.

Sliq

Smash Master
I was actually talking about your post on gamejunkie saying that spikes should move the date, but enough of that here... I'll talk to you on aim.
Oh...well I'm posting on the GJ boards right now about them moving the date.

Echo

Smash Champion
< marth101 btw

and yeah i'm almost positive i could house you for one day. you'd have to leave before october first because i'm leaving for india untill the 17th. With that being said, i can house you for the night of sept 29 and probably most of the 30th if needed.
yeah that would great, i appreciate it. I'm more concerned about sleeping after the tournament so we can actually get some sleep before the long haul back... i'm not sure exactly what we'd be doing yet, so i'll keep in touch.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Sliq...tell Jiano that...well...a plus to coming here is that we have lots of good cheese =) I will bring him cheese if he comes. Seriously, I will.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I have nothing to gain or lose from one big player, but still it's kinda confusing as to why anyone even set up the circuit if high-level players are so easily distracted by other regional tournaments. After all this talk about the Midwest being this tight-knit community, too!

Ethan.

Smash Ace
lol at quaz being a starter and me being an alternate. I beat him every time I play him in tournies.

fdv_learn2mod

Smash Rookie
I have nothing to gain or lose from one big player, but still it's kinda confusing as to why anyone even set up the circuit if high-level players are so easily distracted by other regional tournaments. After all this talk about the Midwest being this tight-knit community, too!
I am just bitter at having a circuit in the western part of the MW(because people kept *****ing that there wasn't), and only like 30 people showed up.

Also, GJ has been planned for a few weeks(and is only like an hour drive) and I was planning on attending it. If I can somehow find a ride(I am not going to drive 8 hours again, it's poopy.), then I might attend.

Either way, yes, I am only one player, so no big deal.

element_of_fire

Smash Lord
10 man WI crew what do you guys think??? (hope I didn't hurt anybodys feelings lol)

-=-=MAIN=-=-
tapion
crash
sauce
lone
puff
kssb
hayate
spikes (crew leader)
quaz
eof

-=-=ALTERNATES=-=-
ethan
sync
mundungu
eow
xtra
cwolf
zicore
meza

...is fastest going?
you hurt my feelings :(

PS Lets team :)

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I am just bitter at having a circuit in the western part of the MW(because people kept *****ing that there wasn't), and only like 30 people showed up.

Also, GJ has been planned for a few weeks(and is only like an hour drive) and I was planning on attending it. If I can somehow find a ride(I am not going to drive 8 hours again, it's poopy.), then I might attend.

Either way, yes, I am only one player, so no big deal.
Well like I said I didn't fully announce the tournament because I didn't have ALL details set in stone. But the original September 28-30 date was decided back in June. I figured mathos would have updated that since I pm'ed him the date on June 6th. Granted I should take most of the responsibility for not officially announcing it sooner, but the date has been confirmed to mathos for quite some time.

Was that last sentence sarcasm? If so, don't get me wrong, I'd love to have this tournament attract as much midwest talent as it possibly can. But I'm not going to personally insist that you come if circumstances don't allow you to conveniently attend. It just kinda seems like the point of the circuit is defeated when the events are so easily blown off for no other reasons than a long drive and no east coast.

as for the attendance, just look at this thread... Wisconsin and Minnesota are practically wetting themselves because there will finally be a big tournament in the area, which I thought was the entire point of making the circuit cover a wide range of locations. Wisconsin should provide for 20+ people alone. I've set the stage for a tournament which will be both cheap (no venue cost) and successful (cash bonus? and big venue). MN and WI have already got on board, now the rest of the states just need to follow through. I'd hope there's enough incentive for it by now...?

Watty

Smash Lord
ya im not going to this i cant request off a weekend of work so imma be gong to GJ, im gonna be going to vipes tourny though so see every1 there!

Black Hayate

Smash Lord
i want to play jiano, now i'm sad

it basically means that i have to bring hentai to this

btw here is what i think about the WI team

tapion
crash
me
kssb
spike
sauce
lone
puffniator
eof
5150(if he want to)

alternate
MUNDOUGU!!!!!!!!!
fade
sago
sync
toecutter
TJ
qauz
(this is already too many people)

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Well, those guys - sago, devy, and fade have been playing all through summer, including with BlackHayate. Last I played them, right as school ended for summer, they were about my level, which means that they'd be about Zicore's level, I estimate, if not better...

But regardless, from how I recall the last crew battle going, Zicore's peach played very well - we should have at least one on there. Unless I'm mistaken, Quaz's peach is the best in WI.

KSSB - you automatically win for finding that picture.

Quaz

Smash Master
I'm more like 2nd best, I'm pretty sure Fastest is still better me, if he even counts in this >_>

with all the good players coming and all I'm not sure if Fastest would appreciate coming to this, he wont have much of a shot at money

but thats just what I think... and I'm a complete weirdo >_>

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Well, those guys - sago, devy, and fade have been playing all through summer, including with BlackHayate. Last I played them, right as school ended for summer, they were about my level, which means that they'd be about Zicore's level, I estimate, if not better...
lol ethan logic.

Anyways, it's unrealistic to think that EVERYONE can make it to this so let's concentrate on more important, undecided things. Let's get some input on SNACKS :lick:, and on start times as this will impact what time we'll have available for crews.

How bout, doors open+signup starts at 9, teams starts at 11? I'm not sure how the midwest generally accomodates themselves on huge drives so I really don't know how to gear this towards everyone's needs.

Puffinator

Smash Ace
lol ethan logic.

Anyways, it's unrealistic to think that EVERYONE can make it to this so let's concentrate on more important, undecided things. Let's get some input on SNACKS :lick:, and on start times as this will impact what time we'll have available for crews.

How bout, doors open+signup starts at 9, teams starts at 11? I'm not sure how the midwest generally accomodates themselves on huge drives so I really don't know how to gear this towards everyone's needs.
i vote earliest time start, but that's only because i live close :p so my opinion doesnt really matter

mathos

Smash Champion
We're trying things out this season, just like Season 1. People wanted more Western tournaments and we're trying it out.

Frankly I don't care about Gamejunkie. From what I hear its changed a bit, but I still don't care. Gamejunkie takes soul from people, but gingers don't have souls. There will always be tournaments somewhere else in the country, we can't always change dates to accommodate a few people. It takes a lot of work and time to verify venues, so just telling them to switch isn't that easy.

If you're rather go to Gamejunkie or Season's Beatings thats your prerogative.

Black Hayate

Smash Lord
i dont think fade or sago are the calibur of player we are looking for(no offense)
i think they are pretty good now, but if we can only have 5 people i have to say
qauz
tj
toecutter
MUDOUGU!!!!!!!

btw, what type of hentai should i bring, we should take a vote for this

Zicore

Smash Champion
Who is TJ? Am I missing something here? That name doesn't sound familar.

And Chrono...HA! If I actually tried, I can easily beat you. If you haven't noticed, I stopped trying in this game a while ago. Seriously, I went G&W in my pools at FC. If you want to fight to prove that I am higher, lets do it. But don't say anything that isn't true like that.

and IMO, the crew team should be this.

Tapion - Fox
KSSB - Marth/Falco
Crashman - Samus
Sauce - Marth/Luigi :laugh:
Spikes - Doc
Hayate - Fox
Puff - Puff
Lone - Sheik
Fastest/Quaz - Peach (Depending if Fastest decides to go to this, which he should. I haven't seen him in forever. Since like...EoFs tournies
Ethan - Captain Falcon/Falco (Either one is good, imo.)

Alts:
EoF - Falco (Sorry Jason :( )
Mundungu - Fox
Ben - Gannon
5150 - Roy? Idk, I haven't seen him play in a long *** time

no offence to 5150, but he is just moving up here, that doesn't make him WI. He could be an alt. though. He still is good. I just think that even though we want to win, we should still stick to the Full Time Wisconsin players.

Also, if I am not mistaken, Ben from Fon Du Lac came to the last tounry that spikes hosted, and he did really well. His gannon is really good. He could be another option for an alt.

As for snacks, BAWLS?!?!?!?!?! And I think that anything you get, people will eat. Just don't make it lame =)

Tapion013

Smash Lord
TJ = Viperboy
5150 = Wisconsin just like JS = Minnesota
Stop thinking about crew teams, wait to see who actually shows up.
Mathos, can't wait to get my revenge on you from MLG Chicago

Zicore

Smash Champion
TJ = Viperboy
5150 = Wisconsin just like JS = Minnesota
Stop thinking about crew teams, wait to see who actually shows up.
Mathos, can't wait to get my revenge on you from MLG Chicago
who is Viperboy. I know like...BIG NAME Viperboy from FC and Dodgeball, but I am assuming that its not him.

Oh, and 5150 even said it himself that he is not Wisconsin...

Zicore

Smash Champion
TJ = THE BIG FC DODGEBALL VIPERBOY

I wonder if I should go all Falcon for our little Jiano.
Viperboy is coming to this? SWEET! WE SHOULD HAVE DODGEBALL!

Oh, and yes, you should go all falcon. Falcon is 20x cooler then falco. =)

Top Bottom