• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati Weeklies (Next: Friday Nov. 28)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Three people here now... likely to be at least 3 more between 7 and 9.
Scarecrow and I might be coming after I get off work. Not sure yet. It wouldn't for too long, I'd be leaving around 10 or 10:30... got class at 8.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
actually, I'm gonna go ahead and cancel and not come ><

I'd like to, but I'm dead tired and have class at 8 for the first time... woudl like to be awake for it. Plus I's hungry.

On weeks where Dr. X doesn't want to have smashfests, it is possible that I may be able to... so you guys that are going... let me know if you want one at NKU, which about 10-15 minutes away from Dr. X's.

Also, if we're going to the Toledo tournament, let me know ASAP.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wouldn't Saturdays be so much more convenient for these?
Sometimes there are tournaments on those days, and some people actually have real life stuff going on (like work).

Personally, I'd be willing to host smashfests on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, or on Thursdays after 7 if people said they could go whenever Dr. X didn't want to host his own smashfest due to school and whatnot. I just don't know how good of a location NKU is for you guys!

e__

Smash Ace
It's more like Saturday is the only day open now that I could reasonably make. I realize that Saturdays aren't always convenient for others and that you guys have responsibilities that you have to meet too, but Saturday's generally more freed up for people than Tuesday nights. With Saturday we can change the time more easily to fit with people's work and other schedules.

I'm young, so my parents won't let me get away with leaving/spending an evening out on Sun-Thurs, and Friday the younger smashers like me, Clowsui, and Tyr have to go to football games until the end of the season, so Saturday is in general the best day for us outside of holidays(Unless Tyr is going to show up late on Tuesdays, but I slightly doubt that).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I have a feeling I'll get a lot worse when I move to Columbus.
Give me some warning and you're free to stay at my apartment at NKU at any time; hold some tournaments up there and GUNPUNCH! will be sure to help run it with you!

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
well, not sure if you guys plan to hold one this weekend, but I don't think I will be able to come, even though I will be in Cincinnati... sorry! So close yet still too far...

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Yeah, double post I know...

I guess the hotel I am staying at is on the UofC campus (the Marriott Kingsgate next to Procter Hall) so if something is happening this weekend, I may be able to come now! But I'd need to get a controller loan... -_-

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Dude... Kel lives like right across the street from that hotel... and myself right down the road from there. I'll definitely have something happen if you're wanting to attend.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm bored right now, so I could play right ****ing now.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Dude... Kel lives like right across the street from that hotel... and myself right down the road from there. I'll definitely have something happen if you're wanting to attend.
Alright then, keep me informed. My hotel room faces all them houses.

Sliq

Smash Master
I am a great magician! Dr. X will post an update in a few minutes!

Sliq

Smash Master
No u.

So yeah... Update happening, kind of last minute and not likely to become a regular thing just yet, but since BlueBlade is here I figure I should host something.
It's funny because I basically forced him into doing it.

I'm the coolest guy ever.

e__

Smash Ace
****, I wish I had known about this earlier, but as of now my parents are out and I can't get a ride up.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Well, I may be able to come, if I can get a ride. Yeah, I know it's close but I can't get the car and this neighborhood seems kinda iffy. (That is if it is still going on right now, I JUST got back from the Cubs game).

EDIT: Well, unfortunately, I can no longer come. (sigh, -_-) I got to leave back for South Bend at 9AM, so thanks for getting this going since I was in town, even though I wasn't able to come, but some others were probably happy, hopefully I didn't ruin anything... Well, then, hopefully you guys can make it to WTON next Saturday. If you guys have any questions for that, PM me, AIM me, text me (number is on WTON OS), or whatever.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You guys want a smashfest next Friday, maybe around 5 p.m. or so?

It would be at my dorm at NKU, we have 3 TVs and one Wii/Brawl. I'll make this happen if enough people are willing to come and can confirm.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I'll come.

I'm thinking I may put these on Friday, make them biweekly, and possibly alternate with Overswarm. Anybody have any thoughts?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Alternating sounds good to me; it'd also mean if we had Friday plans we'd have someone else to hold a smashfest so we'd always get one.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hmmm... I don't think I"ll be doing anything this Friday. It is late in the week and I only see 3 people, and I have drum lessons to give as well as a few other things that I'd rather not cram. Maybe some other time I guess. :\

Top Bottom