• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati Smashfest (Next 6-2-07)

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
lawl you missed your chance to beat me

Now that I've been training at 100x gravity I'm invincible!

Prime to the Hizzle

Sliq

Smash Master
The next one of these will indeed be February 3rd. I am a craphead who mistakes February 10th for February 3rd. I have community service on the 10th, not the 3rd.

Things will run much smoother regarding the RR Tournament, and there will be a better dispersal of videos so that I get videos of everyone. I swear to gawd I have like 7 hours of Souroush in a file 5 hours in length.

Also, I will be putting up videos as soon as I have time. I have a crap-ton of homework. Kel has been doing some of them.

Also, due to recent gravitational training venture, I will be training at 200 x gravity in order to catch up and surpass.

RHOMBUS!

Juke

Smash Journeyman
It was kind of crowded during the last biweekly. What if more people decide to show up to the next one? Will everyone even fit? Just wondering because it was really hard to move around and it was really hot.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It was kind of crowded during the last biweekly. What if more people decide to show up to the next one? Will everyone even fit? Just wondering because it was really hard to move around and it was really hot.
I believe a "no johns" is in order.

Also, I may or may not be able to make this. That day would be the 2 1/2 year thingy for my relationship with my girlfriend, and she might want to do something. I dunno. If she decides to play smash, maybe. But chances are I will have to miss this one. *tear*

You should probably get rules in order off the bat Sliq, and post 'em up for people. Also $$$ for tournaments, if you are charging.

I vote you have a low-tier tournament for $$$, but RR for nothing.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Johns for not wanting to attend...johns for not wanting to expand the audience...johns for not enjoying the event based on external circumstances...and then OS drops the BIG woman johns.

Sigh

Sliq

Smash Master
Edit:

So Kel started a thread in the Video section, and that URL will be placed on the first page. Go there for the vids.

suuuper

Smash Rookie
no one knows me... but if its cool me and a friend plan on coming to the fest this saturday 2/3. :cool: and how what about crashing at your place? i noticed it was "housing is offered", but i didn't want to intrude. annndd who alls gonna be there this saturday? i can also bring a setup. 24'' tv and cube.

<3

Overswarm

is laughing at you
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95232

Linkage for the Lazy

Oh, and the apartment is pretty spacious, really. We just didn't have a very good set "path" for people to go to one room or the other, and many people weren't using the kitchen.

After riding across state lines to a tournament with Ameer and a TV in the back, Kel knows what is cramped. After riding back from the tournament with Ameer and the TV, I know what is cramped. Apartment is not cramped.

Sliq

Smash Master
no one knows me... but if its cool me and a friend plan on coming to the fest this saturday 2/3. :cool: and how what about crashing at your place? i noticed it was "housing is offered", but i didn't want to intrude. annndd who alls gonna be there this saturday? i can also bring a setup. 24'' tv and cube.

<3
Yeah you guys can come and stay the night if you need to. I'm not entirely sure who is coming considering the flow of people seems to fluctuate wildly. Also, please do bring your TV and cube

The only thing I can think of to do to open up space is to move the couch closer to the TV so people can walk behind it. I think that will work.

There will probably be another free round robin tournament that will run much smoother than last time.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to stick with number of wins this time, and only pulling losses into it when 2 people is tied in wins. Now, if those 2 people are tied in wins and losses, I'm not going to dig through the bracket because I am lazy. There will be a duel and the winner places higher.

suuuper

Smash Rookie
Yeah you guys can come and stay the night if you need to. I'm not entirely sure who is coming considering the flow of people seems to fluctuate wildly. Also, please do bring your TV and cube.
well, it looks like its only going to be me as of now. buddy works this weekend, though he was supposed to have it off. oh well, i still wanna play **** it. haha.

and staying the night would be reaallly neat. i live about two hours south of cincy. thats not really the problem, its just driving at night (assuming we'll be playing until our eyes bleed) in cincy that bothers me. the next morning would be muy preferable.

i'll def bring the setup. and my DS. mario kart anyone? i'll be rusty, but i'm not really out to prove much. haaaa

3506 York Lane
Cincinnati, Oh 45215

My Cell : (330)-575-2866

this information is accurate? i'll probably be arriving around 3 or 4 if thats alright.

Sliq

Smash Master
Yup, all the info is right. Show up whenever you want after 1 P.M.

suuuper

Smash Rookie
had tons of fun getting my balls beat at my first fest last night. i could have been a bit more social but i had the worst ****ing headache towards the end of the night.

some people weren't as noob friendly as others, but it's all good. nice to meet the bunch of you, will be playing again soon i hope.. esp drew the roy slayer, togp and togp's brother matt with the nasty falcon on falcon combos ;). and drews DK was pretty neat, as long as i wasn't playing it. there was also one other falcon player who i had a lot of fun matches with... sorry for forgetting your name.

-jeff

suuuper

Smash Rookie
Who wasn't friendly?
no no don't get me wrong, no one came off as like a **** or anything like that :) i just would have liked to have gotten a few more friendlies in than i did. learn me some good hax and such ;)

and you're right, we didn't play. however i did enjoy watching your marth when you were playing boss(? was his tag). if i have the right face with your name, that is. :)

vids up this week?

Sliq

Smash Master
no no don't get me wrong, no one came off as like a **** or anything like that :) i just would have liked to have gotten a few more friendlies in than i did. learn me some good hax and such ;)

and you're right, we didn't play. however i did enjoy watching your marth when you were playing boss(? was his tag). if i have the right face with your name, that is. :)

vids up this week?
Yeah man, All you have to do is ask. Just jump in and say, "Can I have next match?" or something. Smash etiquette usually dictates that, unless they are playing a set, they will let you play. It also dictates that if there is a queue to play, it's best 2 out of 3 winner stays, loser to the back of the line. Unless, of course, the one guy is a ****. Of course, if that is the case, not a lot of people are going to want to play him.

And I pretty much have all the videos encoded, I just need to upload them to youtube. I might end up zipping them all together and putting them up on filefront for all you impatient mofos. Either way, they'll actually get done due to the fact that I have 6 sets to deal with, and not 5 friggin hours. Sweet Jesus, how did I think that would be a good idea?

Sliq

Smash Master
Sorry for the double post, but so you know, all of the videos are done and are on filefront in a zipped folder if you are too impatient to wait for me to get them on youtube...although you'll be waiting a while to get the whole file (I'm like Dr. Friggin Seus with these rhymes) so the whole patience thing sort of goes out the window.

But yeah, this will be how I do video capture from now on. I will capture any money matches, and the top 4 from the RR will get recorded in a Finals RR. Of course, I reserve the right to capture videos of me and Kel regardless of placing due to awesomeness factor.

Furthermore, if anyone REALLY wants some vids of themselves, I will capture them for you, you'll just be waiting a little while to get them.

Also, I swear that I will never lose to a Cpt. Falcon on friggin BRINSTAR again. Unless said Falcon is Jiano, Darkrain, or Isai. So now I have to make sure to beat Silent Spectre, BigD, G-Reg, and Tapion there, or I will look like an ***.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sorry for the double post, but so you know, all of the videos are done and are on filefront in a zipped folder if you are too impatient to wait for me to get them on youtube...although you'll be waiting a while to get the whole file (I'm like Dr. Friggin Seus with these rhymes) so the whole patience thing sort of goes out the window.

But yeah, this will be how I do video capture from now on. I will capture any money matches, and the top 4 from the RR will get recorded in a Finals RR. Of course, I reserve the right to capture videos of me and Kel regardless of placing due to awesomeness factor.

Furthermore, if anyone REALLY wants some vids of themselves, I will capture them for you, you'll just be waiting a little while to get them.

Also, I swear that I will never lose to a Cpt. Falcon on friggin BRINSTAR again. Unless said Falcon is Jiano, Darkrain, or Isai. So now I have to make sure to beat Silent Spectre, BigD, G-Reg, and Tapion there, or I will look like an ***.
Note to self

Beat his jiggs on Brinstar

Sliq

Smash Master
Bump because my other topic is failing, and people are subscribed to this one.

clowsui

Smash Legend
**** it...if it's your birthday your parents will probably ask ours over for dinner :x

so it might not be my lucky day at ALL...

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm only having the smashfest because there aren't any nearby tournaments to go to, and the far away ones are too small for me to justify traveling there.

Sliq

Smash Master
Come on you *******s. Step it up. I want some people at this thing. THIS IS A LONG BUMP!

Big_R

Smash Champion
i would try, but it's prom saturday and i got my tux n woman, so it's a no go fo ole big r.

Top Bottom