• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati Smashfest (Next 6-2-07)

Kel

Smash Master
I work this saturday AND Sunday...figures. I would want it to just be next saturday since I have that weekend off.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
Same place as the first post? haven't read through all 5 pages to see if its changed =/ gonna try to be there though =)

-True

Sliq

Smash Master
I work this saturday AND Sunday...figures. I would want it to just be next saturday since I have that weekend off.
I plan on throwing smashfests every weekend there isn't a tournament going on, so if there aren't any tournaments next weekend, then there will be another smashfest. Plus, you could still probably play before you go to work and after, depending on what time you work.

If gas wasn't so ridiculously expensive I would go.
NOOOO JOOOOOHNS! You just got second at COK111, AND we live the same distance away from Cincinnati, so I will be driving just as far as you to get to my own smashfest. Get froed son.

Same place as the first post? haven't read through all 5 pages to see if its changed =/ gonna try to be there though =)

-True
Yup. It is the same place. Instead of just making a new post every time, I just update the date and bump the old thread, considering all of the info is still there. Plus I look super cool having a ultra-mega sized thread under my name. ;)

DrMadison

Smash Rookie
I just got back from Acen... Chicago smashers are alright, but they rely on to many advanced techniques without any base grounding... It'll be nice to play close to home for a change.

Sliq

Smash Master
I just got back from Acen... Chicago smashers are alright, but they rely on to many advanced techniques without any base grounding... It'll be nice to play close to home for a change.
...I am so confused by this post. You do realize that the aerial game in smash is the strongest, considering you can l-cancel aerials and cut back on lag time, which you can not do for ground attacks?

This smashfest won't be any different than the smashers at Chicago, unless some newbies show up, which hasn't happened yet (which is not to say they aren't welcome to come, but I don't want to hear any Johns when they lose). Everyone who has come to my smashfest so far has l-canceled and wavedashed.

There is no such thing as using too many advanced techniques, only misusing them. It is impossible to l-cancel too much, and wavedashing too much is misusing it, not abusing it.

I'm curious as to why you say they rely too heavily on advanced techniques...almost all competitive smashers rely on l-canceling and wavedashing.

Kel

Smash Master
he's saying they've heard of the techniques and know about them and kind of how to do them but they have no mind games or ideas on how to use advance tactics. I.E. a fox player only wavedashing in between stocks to 'show off'. Anime Cons are sad, really.

DrMadison

Smash Rookie
Thank you for clarifying... ^_^

BTW... How late is this going on? I work until 9pmish... Even if I can't join in any tourney, I'd still like to play.

Sliq

Smash Master
Thank you for clarifying... ^_^

BTW... How late is this going on? I work until 9pmish... Even if I can't join in any tourney, I'd still like to play.
Well, me and Kel played until 5 in the morning after people had left at like midnight, so I think you'll be good.

Sliq

Smash Master
Bump for update. It looks like there will be another smashfest! Currently I am unaware of any tournaments, so let the good times roll.

GUN PUNCH!

Sliq

Smash Master
Currently, I won't be holding a smashfest as I plan going back to EC because I realize I'll have a 3 day weekend (Monday off w00t). Now if Kel still wants to hold it, then I'll keep the page up. But right now I won't be holding it, so the smashfest is currently "pending."

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Currently, I won't be holding a smashfest as I plan going back to EC because I realize I'll have a 3 day weekend (Monday off w00t). Now if Kel still wants to hold it, then I'll keep the page up. But right now I won't be holding it, so the smashfest is currently "pending."
EC??????????

Kel

Smash Master
East Canton

And Kel's girlfriend is coming down this weekend so that's a big no on smash =(.

Also, from henceforth, until they're replaced, whomever drank two sprite remixes is banned. =)....Think I'm joking?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
East Canton

And Kel's girlfriend is coming down this weekend so that's a big no on smash =(.

Also, from henceforth, until they're replaced, whomever drank two sprite remixes is banned. =)....Think I'm joking?
They still make sprite remix?

Sliq

Smash Master
East Canton

Yes. Yes I do.

Sprite Remix is worth no amount of strife. Sprite Remix isn't even worth its weight in pubic hair.

I will fight Sprite Remix.

Kel

Smash Master
No, they don't Evan. That's the point.

And evidently Sliq worships Stan and doesn't enjoy skittle water!

Sliq

Smash Master
No, they don't Evan. That's the point.

And evidently Sliq worships Stan and doesn't enjoy skittle water!
I don't even know a single person named Stan.

Is Sprite Remix better warm, because it wasn't in the fridge, and this confused me greatly? I guess it could be, since I don't particularly like my skittles frigid, although I find it hard to believe a warm beverage is refreshing. NONE OF THIS ADDS UP. The world has been tossed into chaos and darkness.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Mathos held a smashfest on his junior prom night. Good times. Prom sucks anyways unless you got some chicks. . . . . . . .
I did. I went to the smashfest anyway. >_>

And wait a minute... Kel, how OLD were they? How long ago did they stop making your skittle drink? O_o

Sliq

Smash Master
Late bump because I decided to throw a smashfest due to lack of tournaments.

clowsui

Smash Legend
My friends were trying to find your place for the last Smashfest...they got the directions but apparently your street/streets around it in directions didn't exist o_o

What neighborhood do you live in? Any big landmarks nearby?

Sliq

Smash Master
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5578260

Here is an aerial of the area.

The mapquest directions do work, it is just hard to find the right building. It is basically at the east end of York Lane on the northern side. I hope the map helps, since the roads are labeled on it (albeit small).

If you are coming from 75, there will be a long brick wall on the right side, and a hospital on the left. There will be a break in the wall on the right, with a hanging white sign that says "Williamsburg of Cincinnat," in a cursive text, so it is impossible to read at night.

As soon as you turn in, you will take a forced right (i.e. do a 180 and head the direction you were just coming). Then you will take a forced left. York Lane will be the second street on the left. As soon as you turn left onto York Lane, park on the right side. The building in front of you is our apartment building. Now you just need to find apt. 3506 and you are good to go!

Kel

Smash Master
Drake hospital is right across the street from the entrance. It's a little passed Vine Street, in between Cross County/ Reagan.

I am also available mostly any times (other than work/ school/ travel) to play. (sliq and I live together if you haven't guessed)

Kel

Smash Master
Hey guys, I'll be smashing at my place Friday. I know ameer is coming so far and Michelle from the area is spreading the word to her side of the Cincinnati crew, so hopefully we'll have a bunch of people.

Show up!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hey guys, I'll be smashing at my place Friday. I know ameer is coming so far and Michelle from the area is spreading the word to her side of the Cincinnati crew, so hopefully we'll have a bunch of people.

Show up!
It is 9:30 in the morning and I am half an hour away. I am going to play Starcraft for a little while, and then call you. I figured you wouldn't like being called at 9:30 in the morning.

If you answer, I will be there.

Sliq

Smash Master
I got a better idea. How about you stay in your thread, instead of coming to mine.

If I gave a **** about the Reds, or baseball in general, you can bet I'd be in the Sports forum. But seeing as how I don't, the I won't be going there. So why don't you not post worthless crap in my threads.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Whoooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh calm down!!! No harm intended man. Sorry if I upset you.
I just wanted to get some replies, and this thread has people from this area on it, so I posted it here. once again, I wasn't trying to wreck your thread or anything.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Whoooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh calm down!!! No harm intended man. Sorry if I upset you.
I just wanted to get some replies, and this thread has people from this area on it, so I posted it here. once again, I wasn't trying to wreck your thread or anything.
Yet here you are.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I guess cuz you very nicely replied in my thread.
If that's a bad reason then.......oh well.

Oh wait.................nevermind. Lol
I was mistaking you for someone else. Sorry bout that.

Top Bottom