• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: An MD/VA tournament results!

Deez.

Smash Lord
The controller is half black and half blue.. and I don't have it anymore.

Sold it to apostle for a 4 piece nugget from Mcdonalds... was mad hungry.

zebra

Smash Cadet
there was only a few people left, so getting it back is very very possible

mekos logic and a few others were downstairs, do you remember who all was there? (right after singles ended and i went upstairs to get a bus ticket)

there is only a few people it could be
Listen to me. It's Charlie. I drove you down from your house to the tournament. I gave you my half black half blue controller. This is the controller you are thinking of. You want it back. Talk to Deez.

DEEZ HAS YOUR MY CONTROLLER but it is OK you will find it is the same as you remember it except it will have a blue bottom and a black top only but other than that the exact same.

zebra

Smash Cadet
And even if this isn't the one you are thinking of, the all black one is slox's and he want's it back eventually. And I don't know who has that. I am 100% SURE THAT you sure you used the black/blue one for Melee though I don't know about Brawl

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Nah, Kirby shouldn't be listed next to my name. I didn't feel confident in my Kirby after lack of practice last week and when I lost MMs to Sin and Korn with Kirby, I decided it'd be best not to use him in bracket.

My brother used Jiggs, but I dunno if she should be listed next to his name, I don't know if he won games with Jiggs. XLR8 used Ike and Sonic, but I dunno if he won games with Sonic, I know my brother said XLR8 beat his Jiggs with Ike game 1, so Ike should be listed next to his name. I'm pretty sure Ada went all Marth, he used Marth in my MM with him and I saw him use Marth in his set with Aposl. That's all I know for characters you're unsure about in the OP, Chu.

EDIT: Iota's the only person Luckay beat right? Then he should have Pikachu listed to his name instead of Pit, Iota told me he beat Luckay's Pit game 1, but Luckay beat him with Pikachu.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Results updated!

Issue with theft:
I'll get into this later but I have some good news!

Deez has Mew2kings controller

I'm pretty sure Lukkay has Boss's

and I found my controller!!!!!!!

Please return their controllers. Thank you :)

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
I did go sonic as well, just didn't any games. Jiggz is foreign to me as sonic, so I went Ike instead....then game 2 and 3 I lost to mk.

Shoutouts:

1. Mew2king $114: good stuff gettig 1st man, ggs in friendlies =o
3. ChuDat $19: Good to see you again, hopefully I can come to more of your tournies.
4. Seagull: good to see you again.
5. Mekos: lol sandwich. ggs in tourney, exdedia LOOL.
5: Iota: nice to finally meet you, bes pika xp.
7: Darkflame: good to see you again.
7: Poyo: good to see you again.
9: Aposl: afk@ivysaur beating ikes jab, ggs in serious friendlies
9: Luckay: ******. Good to see you though lol
9: Takeover: Bes ike, y u know use him? Lol nice wario.
9: Serynder: ggs in tourney, nice chatting with ya.
13: Esoj: josE =o good to see you.
13: monkley: nice meeting you.
13: XLR8: im just decent.

Deez: ggs in mm.
Kaffei: plz no ike ditto, its bad.

Uh serynder went Jiggz/Mk, but he beat me with mk. I saw him go mk vs m2k so I guess mk goes next to his name.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Nice to see Takeover entering again.

Good stuff to the rest of the top 8 players. Like to see MD/VA stay in practice.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I did go sonic as well, just didn't any games. Jiggz is foreign to me as sonic, so I went Ike instead....then game 2 and 3 I lost to mk.
Did you win any games of sets you won with Sonic? IMO if a character didn't help you advance in bracket, they shouldn't be listed next to your name (unless you got last, then whoever you used might as well be listed).

EDIT: Actually, even if you didn't advance in bracket with them, if your use of the character still won you a game, I guess it's fine if the character is listed next to your name. I know you only took a game from my brother with Ike, so did you take a game from Mekos with Sonic? If not, IMO Ike should be the only character listed next to your name.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Did you win any games of sets you won with Sonic? IMO if a character didn't help you advance in bracket, they shouldn't be listed next to your name (unless you got last, then whoever you used might as well be listed).

EDIT: Actually, even if you didn't advance in bracket with them, if your use of the character still won you a game, I guess it's fine if the character is listed next to your name. I know you only took a game from my brother with Ike, so did you take a game from Mekos with Sonic? If not, IMO Ike should be the only character listed next to your name.
Ooooh I see, well then I went sonic and ike vs mekos but lost 2-0, and I beat beat his jiggz with ike but lost to his mk as ike as well as sonic.

So I guess sonic doesnt get added up there then :L

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
chudat, I think my friend picked up boss' controller, and luckay, I think you grabbed my friend's instead (ragtaged). He didnt mean to steal it or anything, but he couldn't find the one that someone mistook by accident

This includes all (but one) of the singles Melee matches from the tournament that were on the livestream. Epsilon should have 80% of the others. The doubles melee videos are on Chu's channel.
It's only 7 videos. You have more

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
That chu dat edit, idk why my name was on the controller taking list anyway

I only went ice's va you chu and they lost, remove them pls
Add mk, beat takeover and esoj with it (didn't use mk on anyone else)

:phone:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Oh wow. I'm curious how you could mistake an emerald blue one for your own (unless you also have one, which I only know 3 people that do, they are Korn, EE, and myself) so yeah.

Mine gets the c up stuck sometimes though, gotta fix that.

zebra

Smash Cadet
It's only 7 videos. You have more
No =/ Some of the matches were on that tv in the far right corner with no recording setup, And honestly there were only 12 entrants so there shouldn't be that many videos to begin with. And as I said I should have one more (G-Reg v Slox I think) but it didn't get recorded but is somewhere on the livestream.

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Uh serynder went Jiggz/Mk, but he beat me with mk. I saw him go mk vs m2k so I guess mk goes next to his name.
I won a few games using Jigglypuff during the tournament, and I only used Jigglypuff against Mew2King. My matches with Mew2King where I used Meta Knight were friendlies.

No =/ Some of the matches were on that tv in the far right corner with no recording setup, And honestly there were only 12 entrants so there shouldn't be that many videos to begin with. And as I said I should have one more (G-Reg v Slox I think) but it didn't get recorded but is somewhere on the livestream.
Yes. How many videos do you have? With 12 players there can be up to 23 sets in a double elimination bracket. I got 7, so new total is 16. You got 10 so there were 6 unrecorded sets

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Okay Mekos. Yeah, I was looking through the recordings and... I had no idea how to tell what was pools. I'll just upload doubles bracket, I hope no one minds pools not getting uploaded. I'll upload Grand Finals tonight and all of teams bracket tomorrow. I don't feel like doing it now cause saving takes 45 minutes to over an hour for a set and my laptop lags the whole time when I'm saving a video. So I'll save GFs tonight when I'm sleeping and upload all of teams tomorrow.

My YouTube channel is http://youtube.com/kirbysdreamland3

zebra

Smash Cadet
Yes. How many videos do you have? With 12 players there can be up to 23 sets in a double elimination bracket. I got 7, so new total is 16. You got 10 so there were 6 unrecorded sets
At least two didn't get recorded that were on the big TV due to technical/peoplenotrecording issues Wenbo v G-Reg and G-Reg v slox. As for the other 4, at least 2 were played on the aforementioned white TV in the far corner that wasn't recording anything. That leaves a possible 2 mystery sets?

I told you monkeys already I sold it to Apostle for a 4 piece mcnugget. I DO NOT HAVE THE HALF BLACK/BLUE CONTROLLER ANYMORE...
ohmygoodness please tell me you didn't really lose it :scared:

ChuDat

Smash Master
First page updated again with videos!

I'm going to go over the theft issue, but I'll respond to a few comments first!

Good tournament.. ran pretty well by Chu except for when he did his disappearing act for bout n hour...
Sorry about that... I was meditating and doing tai chi. I'll be around more next time!

I had a lot of fun at this tournament, good job hosting this Chu! huum~ adding to the list of lost equipment: I forgot my wii remote when I was packing up. If you see it Chu I'd greatly appreciate it if you kept it safe till the next tournament x.x. If anyone took it on accident I'd appreciate it if you returned it to me.
I'll definitely look around!

chudat, I think my friend picked up boss' controller, and luckay, I think you grabbed my friend's instead (ragtaged). He didnt mean to steal it or anything, but he couldn't find the one that someone mistook by accident
Sup, I got your message. That's awesome news man! I'll give ya a call

Was me vs G-reg on the main setup not recorded somehow?
I don't think so, but I found your match on the livestream if you wanted it.

http://www.twitch.tv/zeebra_/b/320819265
0:45:29

it's in my car, i'll leave it there for whoever to get it at whatever the next tourny is
Sweet! Hold on to it for me, thanks!

ohmygoodness please tell me you didn't really lose it :scared:
Don't worry :), we found it! Pyronic_star has it in his car. I can get it from him and send it to you within 2 weeks.

Ok, it's time to talk about theft. First things first, all controllers missing have been found! The power cord is still missing though... please check through your bags.

I went through some ideas on how to prevent theft, so I'm going to implement all of these actions at the next tournament.
1. All of your belongings should have a label on them
2. Controller call out! If you see a controller on the floor, it is your responsibility to find it's owner! If you can't find the owner, please give it to me. I'll start a lost and found service so people can find their stuff :).
3. Put a stronger focus on keeping your things together
4. If you're set-up isn't being used, please pack it up!
5. I'll have labels so everyone can use. Please be courteous and donate 50 cents if you want a label. Donation is optional of course. Thanks!
6. I'll buy a theft alert system. It's going to get loud and annoying, but I'll try and figure something out. It's a dollar, so why not?

That should help prevent theft and give people peace of mind :).

Edit: After looking around, I was able to find 3 items.
1. A blue bag that says "boeing"
2. A small purple madcatz controller
3. That silver controller I mentioned with the worn down control stick

I'll have these items ready for pick up at any time!

zebra

Smash Cadet
First page updated again with videos!
Still looking but I believe all the vids I ended up with were already uploaded. Sorry again to anyone whose match wasn't recorded. Note that as mentioned, your match is on the livestream recording somewhere if you played it on the big TV, so if you look for it I'm sure it will be there.

Don't worry :), we found it! Pyronic_star has it in his car. I can get it from him and send it to you within 2 weeks.
OK pm me for my info, I'll pay for postage if you need it.

I know i suck, but me vs m2k was winners finals. The first greg set was winners semis
You don't suck, and it was my bad =/ I uploaded those so fast I wasn't careful about that sort of thing. Anyway it's fixed now so you can brag to your friends I guess ;)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Yo Poyo for doubles just upload bracket. Pools matches are less important. My advice for taking some of the load off of you
Pools mean plural, but doubles consisted of round robin 8 teams and then bracket. Yall did the dumbest thing I've ever seen for doubles.

Doing round robin and then bracket was literally a waste of time. Do either a full 8 man bracket or round robin. Doing both is really stupid and time consuming. What's the point in having everyone replay each other again in bracket? They've already played each other once and each team would have a specific amount of set wins/losses and game losses.

Doubles took like 6-7 hours to complete...Singles took less time...That says something. Did people expect the top 4 to change a second time through bracket? It didn't...

Edit: Posted 6 more videos to the video thread. Also, Monkley used :peach:.

:018:

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Sorry for doubles not being uploaded yet today, my dad was printing out my schoolwork (I'm homeschooled), but I'll be able to do it now!

Exdia & DarkFlame vs Philosoraptor & PowerPlayer is saving now!

I decided to upload pools now since Chu posted the pools image so now I can know what's what.

Top Bottom