• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Ruse

Fox
I want to Brawl with the GA ROBs :(.

Zomb, you going to the Tuscaloosa, AL tournament on the 13th by any chance?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
This is so ********.

Heartbreak isn't making my ROB any better! GAH

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm so sick of playing well then having my opponent just switch to MK and **** me. I did one ladder match then turned my wii off and watched iCarly. That's how pissed I am.

Ruse

Fox
Learn2snake.

Or just hop on the MK ban wagon...

Without MK, ROB becomes a viable main. ROB + GW would cover every match-up in the game with at least a 50-50 ratio, but with MK in the mix, you've got one match-up that's still really tough (not to mention very, very common), and the characters that help ROB out with MK don't generally help too much with his other bad match-ups (Snake doesn't cover D3 or Falco all too well, for example).

Ruse

Fox
I haven't researched Diddy in a while, so you might be right on that one.

Doesn't Falco counter Diddy? And is the match-up ratio for him against MK 100% considered even?

Ruse

Fox
You could be right about the Diddy match-up, but I'm 99.999999997% sure that Falco has an advantage over ROB.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
You're wrong then lol

You get CGed to 40%, then what? Lol. Falco has nothing on ROB. Powershield lasers, predict the phantasm, punish, repeat. Falco's killing moves are hard as hell to hit with. If you have time, put a gyro on the stage because anything he can do to get rid of the gyro, you can punish. Get a gimp if you can, they're pretty simple...a bthrow at 20% will equal a dead falco if you read his jump.

Ruse

Fox
Sonic. Is. Serious. Business.

@stingers: I've been messing around with D3 recently, too. But he's so ridiculously stupid... in a good way.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah i know if i actually took the time to get d3 down i would have no more trouble with marth but...i don't know if it's worth it :laugh:

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Diddy's so fun to play I can't even take it. And I'm not even winning with him yet. Once I get decent I'll make him my second.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Uh oh. Manko and I might be going, as well.

Southern ROBs unite.

Ditto MMs?
I am so bad at ROB dittos. I will play both of you with my snake though.

You're wrong then lol

You get CGed to 40%, then what? Lol. Falco has nothing on ROB. Powershield lasers, predict the phantasm, punish, repeat. Falco's killing moves are hard as hell to hit with. If you have time, put a gyro on the stage because anything he can do to get rid of the gyro, you can punish. Get a gimp if you can, they're pretty simple...a bthrow at 20% will equal a dead falco if you read his jump.
Please come to a tourney in Alabama or Georgia and play Kismet2. Please. A Falco who knows what he's doing has advantage on ROB in close combat and at longrange. Your only hope is midrange zoning/predictions and ledgecamping. If ROB ledgecamps the matchup is probably even. The lead is difficult to get against falco though.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What's with all the matchup discussion? Please see the thread title.

And if you're having trouble with Sonic, you need to send your motherboard back to the manufacturer because they gave you a faulty one.

MaXXX, I dunno if you heard but Sudai and I have both retired from Brawl and are playing Brawl+ now (Like my new gRAPE name? :chuckle:). I'm still considering going to Genesis because I have friends who live near there, but I don't think Sudai is.

What other ROBs are going to Genesis?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I can no longer attend Genesis since I unexpectedly got the opportunity to acquire a business and too much of my time will be committed to that for me to make the event...

will I ever get to meet you, maXXX? ;____;

gah...I haven't played Brawl OR Brawl+ in over a month or so...I'll be on the up and up soooon ^_^

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
How is Brawl+? I've practically given up on Brawl except for as a social thing (as is evidenced by my lack of posting for.... forever).

O, and Toasty, are you seriously going to be in Lawrenceville? I live about 10 minutes west of there (Lilburn/Stone Mountain area).

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
yeahh dawg I live in Buford right now near Mall of Georgia with my cousin and should have my own place by the beginning of July, which will be in Lawrenceville. I'll be about 7-8 minutes from The Avenue [and it's a Grayson school district].

I think I'm going to a fest at Desu's place some time this week, if he ends up having one [wed? thurs?]

I can't really make it to Waba tourneys since I can't afford to leave my store for too long on Saturdays.

And daaang so you live near Chaddd? FIND HIM FOR MEEEE I want Meleez ^_^

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
O man, The Avenue is amazing. My gal and I go there weekly. Barnes & Noble <3 (Cold Stone Creamery gets a <3 too).

I might start attending stuff again, but I've only had about 3 matches in the past six months where I was serious about Brawl. It's just so obviously made as a party game. I wish I had been into Melee back when it was the thing.

And I know of Chaddd, but I've never met him or anything, so I'm not exactly the best intermediary there. Sorry :-(

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
PM me your number and location..and also if you're able to host any sort of smash gatherings [including just me coming over for expressions of robosexuality]. I have 2 Cubes and 1 Wii if that matters.

Also: more and more people are getting into Melee...I seriously sense another wave in the coming years. A LOT of younger kids are getting into it which just means a whole new generation. If you're interested in learning I can teach you Melee stuff :)

AlsoAlso: I can't wait to live near the Avenue...that place is ILL.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
LOL I've played Kismet when he came to HERB. I was not impressed. Nice try, ZOM~B
As Toasty said, HERB was a while ago. He's improved. If you didn't notice he beat Lee Martin at LaST Smash and has been basically going even with Reflex in tournament sets.

Edit: And the unimpressive Falco definitely outplaced you ;) lol; but anyway he's had a lot of ROB experience since then.

HERB was a while ago, bro...

The same can be said about when I was "good" >_>

are there any good Falco's in GA, zom~b?

also you never gave me your contact info, I neeeedz to play soon!
Kismet2 obviously. And we have a few other falcos who don't normally place high.

I'll drop my contact info as a visitor message.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah i did really bad at herb D: knocked out by 2 ddd's. had no practice.

still don't, actually :laugh: so if you want to beat me just pick him up...q_q

Ruse

Fox
Kismet2 is ridiculous... I hope all of the big names from AL/GA make it to the Tuscaloosa tourne. I wanna see what's going on in the two states above me.

You better show, Zomb! ROB power.

How often do you go Snake, man?

Top Bottom