• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Brawl does have its downsides, but can we please not belittle it?
The chat is slowly turning into a "**** brawl" chat and it's slowly scaring people away.
Traveling to big events and meeting ROB players who I never knew even existed, but showed impressive gameplay, I ask them why I never see them in the social at least (they're usual reasoning for not posting in other threads is because they don't feel "good enough"...which is sad but common)? and it's usually bc of how anti brawl it is. It's like, if I wanna talk about the good I see in it, I get "ugggh brawl chat," but if we feel like bashing it, then that's ok? t0mmy is actually a really nice guy in person and on aib, I can almost see why he becomes bitter when he comes here lol.

maybe im blowing this out of proportion, but it just seems like when this thread gets its chance at attacking brawl, it goes hard.

i mean maybe it's where i dont feel that those MUs that annoy people are really that bad.
then again, i think our char is very underdeveloped due to pessimistic views, but im going to try and work on countering that over the summer.

anywho, i really am sorry you guys are having bad experiences with the game; that's not why im upset (well, i mean it saddens me, but im ranting for how we just down the game).

Leisha, your views haven't really changed since like last August. I know your friends only usually want to play smash, but maybe you need to either lay it to them and say "we should try something else sometime...like snorting sherbet!" or come play minecraft, league, or maple story with me :3

Zwarm, I wish I lived around you so maybe I could help cheer you up some. Perhaps the game isn't just meant for you, but if you wanna ever try to work around something, ill always be in reach.

SiL, you're too d**n tall.

Eric, shut up.

tl;dr
there's some really cool people who still play rob that you guys would prob enjoy...let's please not scare them away xD

<beep3

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I mean, there's a whole entire board dedicated to talking about Brawl ROB. This is one thread, and a large portion of the people who frequent this thread are former ROB mains who use this thread to keep in touch. Most of us are former ROB mains because we've gotten sick of Brawl. So sometimes we gripe about it. If you want to gush about Brawl, you can do it in any of the other hundreds of threads back here dedicated to discussing Brawl ROB.

Just my opinion.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I mean, there's a whole entire board dedicated to talking about Brawl ROB. This is one thread, and a large portion of the people who frequent this thread are former ROB mains who use this thread to keep in touch. Most of us are former ROB mains because we've gotten sick of Brawl. So sometimes we gripe about it. If you want to gush about Brawl, you can do it in any of the other hundreds of threads back here dedicated to discussing Brawl ROB.

Just my opinion.
I feel ya, beepo. <3
And I don't necessarily want to parade around praising brawl in this thread or anything, but sometimes I do like sharing things about brawl, because I do indeed still play it. It sucks feeling that I can't socialize about it. It's hard to say that if I have something to mention about ROB, then I need to talk about it in another thread because what if there isn't a thread related to my little tidbit? Should I create one? Then I'll probably have to put up with someone saying "does this really need a thread?" Or maybe I'm just looking for support (it isn't easy being a rob only main).

We're ROBros, I figured we could at least support each other and not be like "eww brawl" whenever it's mentioned. It's discouraging...at least to me. I put a lot of beeping work into the game when I have the time because I still enjoy it, and I still chase after unreached potential that I see in our little beloved robot. I just feel like we're forgetting/ignoring why most of us are here to begin with...

I bet other "lurkers" feel the same.

I think I'm going to Olive Garden.
I could live off of their salad and tea<3

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
It sucks feeling that I can't socialize about it. It's hard to say that if I have something to mention about ROB, then I need to talk about it in another thread because what if there isn't a thread related to my little tidbit? Should I create one? Then I'll probably have to put up with someone saying "does this really need a thread?" Or maybe I'm just looking for support (it isn't easy being a rob only main).

We're ROBros, I figured we could at least support each other and not be like "eww brawl" whenever it's mentioned. It's discouraging...at least to me. I put a lot of beeping work into the game when I have the time because I still enjoy it, and I still chase after unreached potential that I see in our little beloved robot. I just feel like we're forgetting/ignoring why most of us are here to begin with...

I bet other "lurkers" feel the same.
No one said you couldn't socialize about it. :p The people who say "eww brawl" will say "eww brawl" and the people who will help you with what you need will help you. You don't have to create a new thread, if you need advice on something ask Sudai or ask in the Brawl ROB thread. If you want to talk about the metagame, that probably goes in the Brawl ROB thread but you can still boast about placings here, we still support ROB either way. :p

Dang, I sound like I actually use ROB. >.> This social is like my home thread, lol. XD

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I said "ewww brawl" as a playful version of how it's usually delivered towards brawl speak. but if you say it's ok then ok ;) I just know that ive been told to take my brawl speak elsewhere too <\3

Grats tinny manny. See you in June =]
:phone:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Congrats Tin Man! :)

I said "ewww brawl" as a playful version of how it's usually delivered towards brawl speak. but if you say it's ok then ok ;) I just know that ive been told to take my brawl speak elsewhere too <\3
Yeah. XP And the only time it should be in the Brawl ROB thread is if it's specific or a detailed metagame concept. General boasting about placings/etc is good here, after all, people here still host Brawl tourneys so yeah :p

No </3 ;)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Niiice Fu. Do you have a 3DS?

Anyone who does, here's me:

Mister Eric, I don't think anyone is trying to make people feel bad for liking a certain game. But in this particular thread, you shouldn't be surprised if people rip on Brawl. But it's definitely nothing personal. If you enjoy it, that's perfectly fine, and if you do well, I'd hope the people here would universally support you for it, because we are a community. But at the same time, quite a few people come here to vent about how frustrating it can be, and some people will encourage them to jump back on the horse, and others will encourage them to try new things and see if they like them better. And as long as it's limited to this thread alone, that's fine.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Mister Eric, I don't think anyone is trying to make people feel bad for liking a certain game. But in this particular thread, you shouldn't be surprised if people rip on Brawl. But it's definitely nothing personal. If you enjoy it, that's perfectly fine, and if you do well, I'd hope the people here would universally support you for it, because we are a community. But at the same time, quite a few people come here to vent about how frustrating it can be, and some people will encourage them to jump back on the horse, and others will encourage them to try new things and see if they like them better. And as long as it's limited to this thread alone, that's fine.
Hey, I think Brawl's pretty dumb too at times. And it's fine if people express that, but to a point. It's just you guys were going mad hard on it this time and it doesn't seem fair when I've felt that I wasn't allowed to talk smash in the social when I see other character boards comfortable with it (iJelly). Especially considering the one time I recall having brawl talk I was countered with something like "can we not talk about brawl in the social plz"

Sorry if I sounded hateful. I love you guys. Esp you JCz, you lucky I don't **** your face at every tournament we meet. I would have ***** it at the first APEX but I was too shy to say hello to you and chibo lol
I just feel like we scare some people off with our attitude sometimes.

It's okay Mr. Eric, it does get annoying but try to ignore it.

That's what I do.

yo why don't you make your car break down again so I can come rescue yo ***. Me miss you<3

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well we can talk brawl obviously, but i think to get too heavy on it is a little wierd for a social, im fairly sure thats why we made the tournament robs thread...
but still, im only on here right now because the neighbours are screwing each others brains out, therefore i cannot sleep -__-

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
i like brawl. i just cant play it competitively. its the little things, thats all. maybe im just getting old and going back to the 2d fighting roots. who knows.

time for
lucky ☆ star

:D

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
i like brawl. i just cant play it competitively. its the little things, thats all. maybe im just getting old and going back to the 2d fighting roots. who knows.
rly the only 2d i played growing up was killer instinct for SNES lol.
i play smash 64 some but not as much as KI.
after i fulfill some "unfinished business" in smash, ill prob try out another fighter of a different caliber. i would like to experience the different competitive scenes.
the only other one i experienced was pool/billiards and even tho i won more money than i lost in that sport, it was a bit weird taking money from 50 yr old men and having 30 yr olds cuss at me when i was only 14 lol. so that only lasted seriously for about 2 years unfortunately.

im also really really interested in League of Legends. I just need to find the time to get really beepin good at it, and to hunt down a good consistent team to practice with.

also, competitive minecraft would be nice <3

i'd also like to get into speed runs of old games.

im also going to bdubz right now.
bye

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Eric, I would totally play Killer Instinct with you. I love that game. Spinal da bess.

As for the Brawl thing, don't worry about me, Eric, I'm having a lot of fun playing Melee. Who knows, maybe it'll help me with Brawl, and I'll come back better than ever. If I ever need help with something, I'll ask, but for now, I'm all Melee, with a little MvC3, Blazblue CS2 whenever it comes out, Arcana Heart 3 in a week, and SSF4 once I actually practice it on the side. :laugh:

Also Smash 64, but that scene is dead around here, sadly. I got 4th in it at GSS though! Out of 20 people I think? Somewhere around there.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well, we can all have our own opinions. Its not like im saying that people have to follow what I say and quit brawl as well lol. And my views have changed, I gave brawl a chance, but ill have to avoid the game for a long time. I wish It could still be fun, but its not to me anymore :/

Someone should start a ROB minecraft server =P lol

Anyways it seems My rob hate has offended some people so I wont go saying it anymore. I dont mean to hate on ROB, hes the cutest character and so lovable, but simply because I choke all the time in tournament matches, Its just not going to work out for me.

Bleh, I'll shut up now.

such a stressed person >.<

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Anyways it seems My rob hate has offended some people so I wont go saying it anymore. I dont mean to hate on ROB, hes the cutest character and so lovable, but simply because I choke all the time in tournament matches, Its just not going to work out for me.

Bleh, I'll shut up now.

such a stressed person >.<
Nah, you're not hating on ROB, you're just avoiding Brawl. :o Brawl != ROB, ROB was around waaaaaay before Brawl was even thought of and he just happens to be a character. Everyone needs their Brawl breaks at times, whether they're short or long (or even indefinite).

So no shutting up. :o I hope you can ease your stress somehow asap ><

Stockfield

Smash Champion
We all have our opinions Miss Chu Chu, like I personally don't think Melee is as fun as Brawl but that's just me, you don't have stop posting though. We are big boys we'll be okay :)

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
lol im not offended by people not liking brawl
you should know this by now as much as you've bashed it during our conversations leisha.
you have every reason to be upset with the game as does everyone else here <3

i just feel that we set up this atmosphere, not only in the social, where we bash the game (in this thread) and bash our character (in other threads) to the point that it just sort of runs people off.

also guys, i've been on edge lately.
from school being so overwhelming, for letting love back into my life after 4 years for it to just tease me, to having my cat of over 12 years put to sleep last friday <rip tiger3
so tbh, i think my brain was just wanting to scream at something, especially when it's over one of the few things i have left that i love. sorry that i had to bring my bitterness to the boards but at least i got some of that out of my system.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Can we just change the subject please? This whole conversation is kind of depressing.

So, I never really thought about it before, but my two favorite video game characters (The hero of Dragon Quest 5 and King from Cave Story) are eerily similar in design.

I need to get a purple cloak...

Sudai

Stuff here
Mmmm, Arcana Heart 3. I'd get it, but I wouldn't have anyone local to play with. My little bro refuses to even try Arcana Heart 2 (which I have) cause there's no male characters. Curse 9 year old misogyny!!!

As for a ROB minecraft server, I was actually thinking about that. I'm gonna go see what's needed to host a minecraft server.

Sudai

Stuff here
So apparently running a MineCraft Server is doable on my laptop. I'm prolly gonna try hosting the ROB server on my desktop first though to see if my desktop can handle hosting and playing at the same time. Hosting it on my laptop would mean downtime whenever I'm at school. Though I might be able to convince my stepdad to let me perma-host it on his less used comp. So yeah, basically, expect a ROB minecraft server soon guys. LOL

Top Bottom