• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chu or Wobbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Fly is an amazing player, but I'd like to point out that Wobbles has the best record of 09/2010. Anyone listing other Ics over wobbles are either biased towards Fly because of region bias, or honestly just don't know anything about Wobbles.

I implore people to actually do research on the players you're ranking before opening your mouth. Nobody likes people who substitute opinion for fact. (Most of SWF does this, unfortunately.)

I have to agree with Wobbles and Fly that Wobbles doesn't get the respect and recognition he deserves. Him and Taj have this bad stigma that they're impulsive, overly sensitive players because a tournament that happened nearly two years ago, and was a one-time thing, and it's rude, unjustified, and frankly upsetting.

/rant.

End note: Fly and Wobbles are the two smashers I've enjoyed talking to in the entire time I've played this game. I like how they're both Ice Climbers players LOL.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I have to agree with Wobbles and Fly that Wobbles doesn't get the respect and recognition he deserves. Him and Taj have this bad stigma that they're impulsive, overly sensitive players because a tournament that happened nearly two years ago, and was a one-time thing, and it's rude, unjustified, and frankly upsetting.
Taj also? I've never heard anything negative about Taj on smashboards before...

End note: Fly and Wobbles are the two smashers I've enjoyed talking to in the entire time I've played this game. I like how they're both Ice Climbers players LOL.
This this this this. I haven't met Fly, but talking to Wobbles (however briefly) at Apex was great.

Zechs

Smash Rookie
All IC players are like that.

except VTS

if you talk to that guy he will go on about random **** of how to play the game but doesn't play the way he says he wants to play cus he's bad and doesn't understand how the hell to buffer roll anymore :D

and how to chain grab

stupid IC main knowing spacing more and ghetto combos over chain grabs

its why he loses in tournaments :D

Acryte

Smash Ace
fly gets hype because he surprises you with what he can do with ICs and is coming up fast now in the eyes of the community especially when whoopin on HBOX etc. But Wobbles is still the better player for now. Also, alot of people probably are biased towards fly because he doesn't wobble and can contend at a high lvl whereas even though wobbles could do the same they want someone to step up and do that because certain people generally look down on wobbling... idk

Rykard

Smash Ace
yeah when people think of wobbles they generally just assume that he, well, wobbled and doesn't really deserve a lot of the victories he gets for some reason. I'm pretty sure though that there is a crew battle (i think it's east coast vs south) from a while back where Chu literally wobbled for like 12 stocks. it was hilarious but people tend to forget that he did it too. Fly is very impressive as well and that's why i love the IC boards

Binx

Smash Master
I talked to some really good players the last tourney I went to, eggz, silent wolf, and blunted object and I asked them about times they played against wobbles to see if they could remember his defensive choices so I could learn them vs spacies.

Anyways they all basically said that even when Wobbles was "just" wobbling people that he was extremely smart and precise with the way he got those grabs in the first place. And they all said he was "really ****ing good". I love our community but we prolly shouldnt have these types of threads.

Anyways <3 all IC players

otg

Smash Master
Fun story: in relatively recent history I've beaten Zhu (3 sets in a row), Lucky, JMan (mm), Mango (hungover lol), MacD (mm), Connor (mm and tourney), Vanz (mm), Shiz, and Darkrain (three tournaments in a row no wobbling in any of them). My tournament record against Axe (where I play ICs) has been in my favor about 4 sets to 1. It really frustrates me that people just don't know any of this and completely forget about me in all kinds of discussion, not to mention also ranking those players that I beat above me as well.

If it weren't for the IC boards I'd swear nobody even remembers who the hell I am.
Wow, I didn't know any of this. Wobbles for broke tier?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Fun story: in relatively recent history I've beaten Zhu (3 sets in a row), Lucky, JMan (mm), Mango (hungover lol), MacD (mm), Connor (mm and tourney), Vanz (mm), Shiz, and Darkrain (three tournaments in a row no wobbling in any of them). My tournament record against Axe (where I play ICs) has been in my favor about 4 sets to 1. It really frustrates me that people just don't know any of this and completely forget about me in all kinds of discussion, not to mention also ranking those players that I beat above me as well.

If it weren't for the IC boards I'd swear nobody even remembers who the hell I am.
I'm not sure what to say other than that life isn't fair and the community is dumb. I'm sorry that you don't get nearly as much recognition as you deserve.
A lot of Europeans and anyone else not in US are in the same boat.

It's still silly Axe got way more recognition after Apex after placing the same, but you happen to fall in the Hungrybox category, where people only like Smashers that play the "right way".

Granted, you've achieved more than most of the examples I have here.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

Your custom user title suddenly got a lot more depressing. :(

Zechs

Smash Rookie
Your custom user title suddenly got a lot more depressing. :(
you have no idea how sad it is :(

i'm pretty sure at POE me ,peef, and doh were the only ones rooting for him in grandfinals , losers finals, and pretty sure semi's

and pretty sure it was me and doh rooting for him at FAP also with 20 other people rooting for iori/chad

and i was the only person in the room rooting for like 3-4 matches at Tipped off where the crowd was 100% against wobbles

so much hate

vts here my other account is still banned :D

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
you have no idea how sad it is :(

i'm pretty sure at POE me ,peef, and doh were the only ones rooting for him in grandfinals , losers finals, and pretty sure semi's

and pretty sure it was me and doh rooting for him at FAP also with 20 other people rooting for iori/chad

and i was the only person in the room rooting for like 3-4 matches at Tipped off where the crowd was 100% against wobbles

so much hate

vts here my other account is still banned :D
What's the point in maining Ice Climbers... >_>

They get gayed by everyone, no one likes you when you play them, they require a lot of effort and Nana is an idiot.

Zechs

Smash Rookie
What's the point in maining Ice Climbers... >_>

They get gayed by everyone, no one likes you when you play them, they require a lot of effort and Nana is an idiot.
my goal in this game is for me to have enjoyment not so the other player has enjoyment.

i like the IC play style it, making grab *****s with characters like sheik and falcon and punishing them when they grab nana is a great feeling cus u spaced it right to make nana in front of you or just luck.

i enjoy almost everything about them.

just wish solo popo recovery was better and that they had little more aerial combos

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Vts: why did you get banned? Making alt accounts to dodge bans is technically against the rules so I'm pretty sure I have to ban your alt. Unless your original ban reason was stupid in which case I really don't care lol.

Fandango: Yep. I'm only playing them out of habit now, otherwise I'd have gone back to Mario ages ago.

Vts

Smash Champion
Vts: why did you get banned? Making alt accounts to dodge bans is technically against the rules so I'm pretty sure I have to ban your alt. Unless your original ban reason was stupid in which case I really don't care lol.

Fandango: Yep. I'm only playing them out of habit now, otherwise I'd have gone back to Mario ages ago.
its stupid it was the laugh you lose thread.

i post like 3 pictures that were boarder line legal and got banned for them

but they were funny as can be and worth the 9 infraction points i got for them

still got 3 points on my account for like 2-3 more days.

plus alt account is friend's account that i made for him but he never posts

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Oh goodness I love playing Pichu. He's so bad but he's tons of fun, there was a time when I could beat Darkrain with him. It lasted about...3 matches lol.

I actually think warming up with Pichu makes me play better, since he has so few options you have to focus almost entirely on maneuvering and reads and having REALLY GOOD spacing. I should try that in the future.

Anyhow this thread is... well, kinda derailed and I guess technically against the forum rules, so I'm gonna close it. It just turned into me whining about pointless stuff anyhow and nobody wants to put up with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom