• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<--ChozenOne's "Learn to Fux With Amazingness" Thread-->

Magus420

Smash Master
Last time I checked Inui's opinion means very little though, lol.

Then again on the flipside, just about all I hear from people in your area is about how bad you are and how you overrate yourself. No offense to you, it's just what I've heard.

All a bunch of Jiggs hatin' imo :chuckle:

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
*high gleefully* Most people that say that i overrate myself don't like me to begin with.. aka Plairnkk, and Co ;)

*pound* Jiggs Pho Lyfe. Chozen is an animal. Magus is a beast.

technomancer

Smash Champion
If people like to spot-dodge your WoP janx can you rest them out it after the Bair is over, or does that take too long?

Chozen/Magus you guys should come up to a Bmore BiWeekly or something and team. Too good. All space animals, Samus, and IC's around here anyway it would be ****.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
I'd just like to say that the last 2 postings between Chozen and Magus almost brought a tear to my eye.

Resolving a dispute in a "grown up" matter, instead of continuing a feud resulting in you both getting points from me, *sniffs* Why can't more people do this?

I wonder what would happen if you 2 got together to write something: Magus with his frame/% data and Chozen with his ability to write long fuxing thread posts filled with goodies for all. Might be a sticky worthy guide if you ask me :)

Aero

Smash Journeyman
yes, magus should come down to chu's this weekend. mew2king and inui come often anyways, so just hitch a ride with one of them or whatever

oh, and if magus/chozen are doing a guide i want to be part of it too. :p

cmart

Smash Lord
If people like to spot-dodge your WoP janx can you rest them out it after the Bair is over, or does that take too long?

Chozen/Magus you guys should come up to a Bmore BiWeekly or something and team. Too good. All space animals, Samus, and IC's around here anyway it would be ****.
Doesn't work that way. If people are spotdodging your wop than they're being stupid anyway-it's not that hard to punish a spot dodger if you know when they're going to spotdodge. If you can't fake them out for some reason just use fair\nair\dair instead of bair.

It's been a year since I played Magus. He should come down to some md jank at some point.

And the idea of multiperson jiggz faq is hot.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
it should be done like the roy guide except generally more descriptive

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Of course! Aero would be good for it :)

I wish I could give you all access to edit the same post, unfortunately I can't :( But someone just designate the poster and everyone else send info to them. I'd suggest probably getting together in AIM/PM/Email/Something to discuss who can do what that way you don't get a bunch of redundant info...

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
That would take quite a bit of time... and it would not be Fuxing With Amazing.... It would be Fuxing With Incredibly Amazing; aka The AeroChozen420 Jiggs Guide to Fuxing w/ IA

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Magus.. if you're going to Cat3 and Aero doesn't want to team w/ the ChozenOne (even though i'm giving him a ride) would you like to team for the sake of getting some [recnet] vids of both of us up...

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Heres another trick...

There are many %'s where you can Bthrow-->Bair, but sometimes your opponent falls too fast, or goes too far away for a followup... however if you are by the ledge, you can Bthrow them and follow their non amazing DI [b/c they would only have amazing DI if they were playing Jiggs] and **** their shizz.. just fast fall off the stage and hit them or if they're too high, SH and hit them. Great for when you are on platforms, facing the edge. This has been another moment brought to you by.. The Chozen One

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Chozen One! At chu's next next biweekly (can't make it to this one) you have to teach me the ways of the jigglypuff. I want to see some jigglypuff action!

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Perhaps the best way to learn "to Fux like Chozen" is to join TNR, and come to one of our many fests... but yes.. if you find an open TV, and perhaps grab Cmart then i will teach you <(^_^)b

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Now you probably won't teach me, but what do you mean by cmart. If it's get your attention then yes. Didn't see anyone wearing a cowboy hat. Were you at the last two tourneys?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Oh I know who you are now. My friend does that too sometimes. It's kinda funny. And it's a mindgame in itself...

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Learning Time-->

Edgeguarding! theres many aspects of edgeguarding, so ill just go over some shizz you'll use most often.. The main thing to know is be maintain an aura of intellegence, while being an animal and ****** your opponent's ****! take advantage of Jigglypuff's mobility, and abuse your opponents second jump, up+b, and lack of God Tier recovery...

After knocking your opponent a good distance off the ledge, its good to edgehog, while continuously dropping off and on, to keep a constant invincibility. I also like to use ledge cancelled sings inorder to distract my opponent whist they recovery.. using sweetspotted ledge pounds is also effective too if you know know to make it seem like you're hitting too high (which causes a sound effect, and a large green smashing animation). This will cause characters like fox/falco/marth/shiek/most everyone to have to go for the stage, putting them at a huge disadvantage. this of course, opens up for ledgehop->Uair, or Pound. at high %'s, it is sometimes more effective to land, and grab them during their lag, or Fair (depending on how high they really are...). If they're close enough for a rest, then you should probably rest.. but don't be reckless.. if you just knocked your opponent off the ledge @ 0% it's probably not a good idea to get a free 25%... just do some Uairs, and rack up the damage...

On Marth, what his recovery.. there's only so much he can do. Most Marths drop below the ledge before recovering on Jiggs, so anticipate this, and Bair them into the stage, and spike them down.. if they go uptop then anticipate their use of SwordDance, and then Bair them into oblivion...

On Fox/Falco, fire can be quite painful, and unnessesary so listen carefully. Hang on the ledge, and then use your invinciblity frames when you Bair/Fair/Nair them.. also don't be afraid to follow them.. they're recoverying... what can they do?? a barrage of Bairs can be your friend here, so use them well good sirs. Dair is also quite effective when you are on the stage, and you want them to stay below it...

On Shiek, get on the ledge!! DO NOT let that ***** grab the ledge. MAKE her teleport on the stage. This is a free rest. Other than that, edgeguarding shiek is pretty tough, but you can hit her during the beggining of the UpB animation, so use her lag as your ally.

On Peach, if the Peach is halfway decent, you're probably not going to get a gimpy kill here... "going out" to get her is often the best stratagy for free damage, but you're probably not going to kill her this way unless you get lucky, and they don't DI.. Much like everyone else just use alot of Bair disjointed hitboxes.

On Falcon, he's pretty easy to edge guard, and unless he knows how to sweet spot the ledge very well a Dsmash spike will almost always end his pathetic existance. If you does infact make it to the ledge, then stay away due to an ease of knee.. that **** is quite painful. Fairs, and Nairs can work wonders here.. just don't be stupid when following him down.. i've seen many'a Falcon saved due to an UpB hug on Jiggs.. Nair should normally out prioritize that shizz so just be smart.

Good Day Sirs.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Can jiggs dsmash be ledgeteched when being used as edgeguard? I remember someone telling me you can't but I want to make sure.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
It completely depends on whether or not they DI into the stage, or how close to sweetspotting the edge your opponent is. Yes it is possible.. is it easy... no.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Yes.. i find it humanly impossible to move my [godly] fingers fast enough for the DPad to recognize the change therefore doing my arials too slowly. If you are doing your arials fast enough, you should have enough time to do two Bairs.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
just wanted to bring this link up in case you guys havent seen it, its The Kings assesment on how to deal with Fox so i figure youd all be interested

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=58917

i got bored one day and realized that i was getting pwned to much by a friends fox now he doesnt pwn me very hard at all
The only time you may EVER mention King in a ChozenOne thread, is if ChozenOne > is in front of King.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
how i edgeguard shieks:

as she's coming back, wait above the ledge, then grab it right before sheik's explosion so you can use your invincibility frames to avoid getting hit by it. from here, she'll either have aimed for the ledge, in which case she dies, or she'll have aimed for the top of the ledge, in which case you ledgehop and rest her during her landing lag.

if you don't grab the ledge at the time of the explosion, the explosion will either hit you, or you'll have to start getting up. in this latter case, if sheik aimed for the top, you won't be able to punish her because jiggly takes too **** long to crawl up.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
Hi any tips on how to connect a Utilt on a medium weight character? I can never seem to find a good spot to be able to use it, which means i dont get much of a chance of Resting people. Thanks in advance.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
so chzhomo my sources tell me uve been saying ur better than me? LMAO i do believe everyone else says otherwise, as do all tourney placings since..well..ever.

/rofls

P.S. u guys should listen to what aero has to say, that kid has a truely amazing jiggs and doesn't just hype it up himself. (and even if he did, at least he'd live up to the hype.)

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Hi any tips on how to connect a Utilt on a medium weight character? I can never seem to find a good spot to be able to use it, which means i dont get much of a chance of Resting people. Thanks in advance.
Mindgames good sir. First off realize that the Utilt has some lag on it, so you have to be a master of your domain and anticipate when your opponent is going to leave on opening. You also must realize that inorder for the Utilt to connect you must be next to your opponent, facing away. Next you must somehow approach your opponent, turn and face away, and then anticipate an opening.. I suggest either rolling behind/infront [depending on which direction you are originally facing] them, and Utilting when they attempt to shield grab you. I however find the best strategy to get in Utilts is to do a falling Uair as they try to grab you, and during their lag from being knocked up into the air [from the Uair] do an Utilt, and then rest them that way.

On another note.. DO NOT BE RECKLESS WITH YOUR RESTING. Just b/c you've just Utilted your opponent, does not mean they are automatically in position to rest.. the same goes for rising Uairs on a combo'd opponent. Many times have i seen Jiggs players become too cocky and attempt a rest, when a simple Uair/Bair/Fair/ect would be sufficient. Your opponents can still DI away, or air dodge whilst you miss that puppy, so be careful, and sparing.

Good Day Sirs.

Magus420

Smash Master
Yeah, against anyone that isn't a semi-fast faller or faster, if you connect an u-tilt on them when they are a good amount off the ground they'll usually be able to jump out before you can rest them, even at really low damage.

Wavelanding u-tilts is a pretty good way to connect with them too since it can often catch them off guard if you cover a lot of distance with a near perfect waveland.

Magus420

Smash Master
Also, against characters that have crappy shields (aka Marth), you'll shield stab their feet if they full shield it with the first attack frame of the u-tilt (when facing forwards) if you are close enough. WLing it does a good job at that. Again, that's when you face towards them rather than having your back turned you get a very nice shield stabbing hitbox along the ground right as it comes out.

Unorthodox? Powershield->Rest and u-smash out of shield against Falco's d-air. Now that is what I'd call unorthodox, lol.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ROFL@linkmastersword.

first of all, my tourney record vs chz1 is somewhere around 6-1. Second of all i have a way more impressive tourney record than him, i don't think chz1 has ever gotten top 10 at anything.

third of all, i don't even chaingrab. don't talk when you don't know ****. All i have to do vs chz1 is throw needles and space back airs because all he does is crouch and go for cc rest and/or missed grab rest.

when you don't even go to NoVa tournies, you shouldn't open your mouth about NoVa players. You know about as much as you mean to this community: nothing.

i'll leave now so you can continue massaging chz1's balls with your tongue.

Sorry zane, but this post is clearly worth the 2 points (^.^)b

Top Bottom