• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Choose an echo fighter for your main

D

Deleted member

Rules:
•They have to be from the same series

•You have to explain the move-set (at least the specials)

• You can only choose one character

D

Deleted member

Okay so here is mine

Bowser & Boom-Boom

The difference is that boom boom is smaller and slightly faster.

The specials make sense for the most part.

The up special can just change the animation to boom booms wing arms and the side special can just change the animation to punching. The rest makes sense

FazDude

Smash Master
I think the only character that'd really work as a Sephiroth echo is Genesis. I don't really have any ideas for key differences, since I'm not that familiar with Final Fantasy, but I can't really imagine anyone else working.

Also, I think Midbus would be a more fitting Bowser echo.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
here is mine
Boshi

Up Special:
Star Egg

it will function similar to :ultsephiroth:neutral special

the egg will always spawn a single Starslap which is the stronger star to hit however the longer you charge up special the more Zeostar you will get to spin around the fighter, a fully charged up special would give 2 Zeostar and 1 Starslap however if it get thrown again charged it can increase the number of stars up to 5 stars just like :ultsephiroth:

Side Special: it can just be like :ultbanjokazooie: side B the only difference is the Feathers being replaced by Yoshi Cookies and he will be able to use it 5 times and it will be on his character icon.

The reason why i thought of this is because during racing Boshi in SMRPG using a Yoshi cookie gives you a boost it can be used few times only so it would make a lot of sense to reference this in Boshi's moveset despite being similar to :ultbanjokazooie: side special.

Netutral Special: during sm4sh Yoshi was given custom move neutral special Lick which can be given to Boshi
a timed hit can be implemented into it Boshi doesnt need to lay eggs like Yoshi as we dont see him do that in SMRPG also the tounge can be angled which would be great for Boshi to have

Down Special: Boshi will basically spawn an item like :ultpeach: but it will be 4 kind of Bombs randomly you will get and they are basically
Fire Bomb will be strong and deal a big damage

Fright bomb will be like :ultmario: side special and it can cause reflect of a projectile when thrown and if it hits someone it will flip them to the other side

Ice bomb is basically like the freezie item it basically freeze someone who is thrown at

Sleep bomb will cause someone to sleep if hits someone even in the air

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Okay Fine:
Kirby: Gooey
Changes:
Specials: Inhale is now Tongue Based!, Stone Stays The Same, Hammer is now a Broom, And Up special is Now His Dark Matter Flight
Final Smash: Is Now A Giant Dark Laser Beam!
Costumes:
2P Yellow
3P Blue
4P Green
Red
Monochrome
Dark Matter
Zero

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
An echo for Ness huh? There's quite a few different options for a Ness echo fighter. Ninten is the big one, but I'm actually gonna focus on Paula instead. This is because a lot of Ness's attacks (particularly his specials) are originally Paula's. She would play almost identically to Ness, except she would use a frying pan for her forward smash instead of a baseball bat, resulting in a modification to the hitbox placement along with an inability to reflect projectiles with it.

Zakyyn

Smash Rookie
for me it would be the little mac from super punchout

he would be a more light and fast attacker and he would be able to use side B twice

and his b would be a charge up combo that when charged up he will launch himself at you and perform a rising uppercut

also he would have no KO meter and would instead have a rapid punch meter that when filled up he gains faster and stronger moves and his b will now include a knockout punch at the end (different for the KO punch)

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
The only one I could see working is Emboar. Since echoes don't tend to change much from their base fighter, we want to keep Revenge and the fire effect that tells you when it's active. Despite there being many, many Pokemon, I don't see this really fitting anyone other than the Fire/Fighting starters. We also want to keep Incineroar's slow speed stats, because this moveset would be broken on a fast fighter. Blaziken has Speed Boost for a hidden ability, and Infernape has 108 base speed, so they don't make sense to be slow (I imagine Blaziken having Captain Falcon speed and Infernape having Sheik speed). So that leaves Emboar, whose base 65 Speed is almost as slow as Incin's base 60.

As for some changes I'd make between the two, Emboar's legs are too stubby for some of the leg attacks. I'd change the up air to a head swing, like what Charizard and Bowser have. I'd change the down tilt to a little poke like Wario's. I think keeping Incin's dash attack could work, but I'd rather they change it to a belly flop ala K Rool to better reflect that, unlike Incineroar, Emboar is fat. Though, there wouldn't be any armor on the move. Lastly, since Emboar is a sumo wrestler rather than a standard wrestler, I'd like to see Alolan Whip changed to reflect that. It could be functionally the same move, but with a different animation, and bouncing the opponent off of something sumo-inspired, rather than ropes. Maybe call it Unovan Throw.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Baby Bowser as a Bowser echo. Ultimate made Bowser extremely fast compared to the other heavies, so just take full advantage of that and make an even faster, but less deadly, Bowser echo.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Not too many of the characters I'm about to list are Echoes of my mains, but I just wanted to throw thede guys out there:
  • Black Shadow (11ε.)
  • Dry Bowser (14ε.)
  • Dixie Kong (36ε.)
  • Shadow (38ε.)
  • Alph (40ε.)
  • Glass Joe (49ε.)
  • Celica (56ε.)
  • Jeanne (63ε.)
  • Octoling (64ε.)
  • Ninjara (76ε.)
  • Devil Jin (81ε.)
  • Riku (82ε.)

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My main choice of a Bowser echo is Dark Bowser

Following echoes for my next mains are Dark Meta Knight (Meta Knight), Yamper (Pikachu), Octoling (Inkling), Metal Mario (Mario) and Alph (Olimar).
Peach already has Daisy, and It’s difficult to pick an echo for Greninja, Incineroar and Wolf.

Top Bottom