• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chip's toon Link videos at EWU tourney in WA!

Krip_

Smash Rookie
Chip recently went and got 2nd at the EWU tourney in WA. Finally, here are some vids of him and his amazing toon Link! :)

Looks like Chip told me he won a small tourney yesterday again. I guess Ill just keep updating this thread with his videos since he doesn't feel the need to do so :urg:.

Loser's Bracket Finals -

Chip (toon Link) vs Kamaji (Snake)

Round 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7cTtgeu3GE

Round 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGuMC7H05h4

Round 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izs-tj_mPtI

Round 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lUQ5nc3m60

Grand Finals -

Chip (toon Link) vs Jem (Metaknight)

Round 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV_gJNCERL0

Round 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qENq9cJ8mN0&feature=related

Round 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRJVX2yJh6k

Forgive the quality but I was not the one who uploaded these haha :p

his melee matches can be found here as well:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gimpyfish62

Krip_

Smash Rookie
oh dang kamaji didnt upload them with any sound either sorry guys =(

hm.. oh yeah! yall should check out chips melee tourney matches too, there ****!
oh ewus are state wide tournaments located in wa :p. id know cuz ive been to one =]

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's not just me, is it? The Meta Knight one is sped up?

ggs. I watched the first mk and first snake one. I like how Snake got all 3 kos with his brokenashell up tilt. From like, a nonsensical range >_>

Santi

Smash Lord
Its not you.

Chip has atleast one cool point cause he uses red.

Krip_

Smash Rookie
Hopefully in the future him and i can record some matches together as well for you all to see=]

Lobos

Smash Master
Not bad at all, I notice he uses momentum glide attacks and grabs pretty skillfully. His play style is different and effective good **** chip

Hyro

Smash Lord
To me it looked like he uses his fsmash like Azen does with his Lucario. Nice grabs too.

Lol, seems like he's still using the classic boomerang to arrow. The only thing I think he has a problem with is killing potential. He seems to hit upsmashes pretty easily but it's taking him way too long to kill his opponents. If he didn't decay his kill moves so much, I think he'd improve even more.

Darkscyther

Smash Cadet
Nice matches :) I liked the zairs.
Btw theter faking is the way instead of just dropping and up-ing at the ledge lol.

Krip_

Smash Rookie
Holy crap! it's jash! yaaaaaaaaaaayuhz =)))

you were pretty awesome in melee. its been a long time.

but you guys should still check out chips young link; not only does he have the best toon link(c'mon now, not even debatable; hes won the most tournies as ONLY toon link!) but he was prolly the best in melee too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXS7rbviC6I

^
| -- my favorite one :p good job buddy!

Alzi

Smash Master
That guys toon link looks good i think i know one of his friends in WA. Is his name Sam in real life? i might of heard of him.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say Chip is "better" then other good TL's around the place, his play style is just different (yet strangely effective).

I think Chip either has some intense mindgames going against those other players, or he just has an uncanny ability to land nearly every grab and Fsmash! Heck, he doesn't even need to spam projectiles that much because he is just throwing his opponents all over the place =O

Jash

Smash Lord
Yeah everyone i do use Toon Link, more later...

Back sorry i had class, anyway my Toon Link is garbage, nothing compared to my Young Link but im trying my best. Krip, My Young Link is better then Chips lmao. Nah im not sure but i have done more amazing things then he has.

Deva

Smash Lord
Chip is hands down the best young/toon Link there currently is.

Sorry Jash, maybe back in your prime at Pound 3 you could've been considered the best back then, but currently Chip has definetly taken the title now. There's simply no debate over this.

And Chip's the best toon Link too. His playstyle is different because of how incredibly smarter and creative he is than most any toon Link's out there. It's kinda hard to explain, but you'd have to play him to understand what I'm talking about =P.

Jash

Smash Lord
Chip is hands down the best young/toon Link there currently is.

Sorry Jash, maybe back in your prime at Pound 3 you could've been considered the best back then, but currently Chip has definetly taken the title now. There's simply no debate over this.

And Chip's the best toon Link too. His playstyle is different because of how incredibly smarter and creative he is than most any toon Link's out there. It's kinda hard to explain, but you'd have to play him to understand what I'm talking about =P.
Tsk tsk tsk, assumptions assumptions, how i love it so. I will not debate over this, ill leave it as opinions. Anywho, i will see if i can get some videos of my recent Toon Link up so you guys can see it and hopefully like it =D.

Deva

Smash Lord
Im not assuming anything other than the fact that you haven't done anything note worthy with your young Link for a long time. You saying your young Link is better than Chip's isn't true lol, or at least, it currently isn't better.

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
wow, that toon link has really crazy mind games! never seen a Tlink manage to land a grab so much. The whole fox trot to shield thing he has going on seemed to work as well. Good stuff man keep up the good work!

EDIT: dont know if he has the best toon link cuz ive seen some really sick ones but its definitely different. props to chip

QUIVO

Smash Master
Chip statistically is the best. I heard WC wasn't so great though.

I'm not saying he's not one of the best, cause he is. People need to travel more.

Jash

Smash Lord
Im not assuming anything other than the fact that you haven't done anything note worthy with your young Link for a long time. You saying your young Link is better than Chip's isn't true lol, or at least, it currently isn't better.
Lolz how do YOU know if my Young Link isn't currently better then Chip's? You haven't even played me to begin with so you have NO IDEA how it is. Anyway lets not compare me and Chip because were friends ok?

QUIVO

Smash Master
Jash's young link was so sexy at Pound 3.

Nair edgeguard to i think arrow on FoD and then he grappled the bottom of the stage, wall jumped and up b'ed. Watching him go even with big names like tope, jiano, and vidjo was sick.

btw deva, is it true you beat dsf in a MM with Link?

Deva

Smash Lord
Lolz how do YOU know if my Young Link isn't currently better then Chip's? You haven't even played me to begin with so you have NO IDEA how it is. Anyway lets not compare me and Chip because were friends ok?
I don't have to play you to know how good you are. That's why I said currently, you haven't really done anything great since pound 3, and even then doesn't really compare to what Chip just did. Aside from his Y. Link being freakin amazing to watch, it was freakin Eggz lol. He's like. . .one the the best Fox's out there and Fox is easily one of Y. Link's worst matchups.

But for the sake of why this argument was started. You say not to compare you two since you're friends. That's actually the reason I even posted in the first place. I usually skim through the TL/ Y. Link boards from time to time, and I usually see random threads like, "Who'se the best Y. Link or TL!!!!111." You guys have always been nice about it since your friends and all so I was really surprised when I saw you post "My Young Link is better then Chips lmao. Nah im not sure but i have done more amazing things then he has. " I just thought that was a D!ck move on your part since you two have usually been so humble with eachother, so I just pointed out that currently, Chip has done something more amazing than you since it was the finals. . .against Eggz. . .using Fox. . .one of if not Y. Link's worst matchup. . .who is one of the best Fox's in the US. . .placing 13th at pound 3. . .so yeah, currently, Chip would be better statistically since pound 3 is out of date and Chip's current performance outweighs it anyways. Of course if you just had been humble about it like you guys always are I wouldn't have even brought it up.

QUIVO said:
btw deva, is it true you beat dsf in a MM with Link?
uhh, this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iaik3Efwdxw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWMen9KvflM

there is some confusion with these matches though, since I didn't record or upload them. These are from 2 different sets actually. The first set is a MM vs his Snake and the second set is vs his MK. I lost to his Snake 1-2, winning the first match that was uploaded, and beat his MK 2-1, with the second match being uploaded. AKA I didn't 2-0 him lol. but the vid title's are misleading, it's MM1 as in first money match and the second is MM2 as in set 2, not second match lol.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Chip *****.

EDIT: We only recorded the first match of each set with Deva vs DSF.

Deva won the first match of each. DSF won both MM's though. Final score, two matches one for Deva, four for DSF. Better than anyone else did there.

Deva

Smash Lord
actually I did win the set vs MK. I lost the first match of the set, also why the vid starts with MK winning, and I won the next 2, no one really noticed though till I started playing his Snake, so aside from being on tape no one really noticed it there lol.

Jash

Smash Lord
I don't have to play you to know how good you are. That's why I said currently, you haven't really done anything great since pound 3, and even then doesn't really compare to what Chip just did. Aside from his Y. Link being freakin amazing to watch, it was freakin Eggz lol. He's like. . .one the the best Fox's out there and Fox is easily one of Y. Link's worst matchups.

But for the sake of why this argument was started. You say not to compare you two since you're friends. That's actually the reason I even posted in the first place. I usually skim through the TL/ Y. Link boards from time to time, and I usually see random threads like, "Who'se the best Y. Link or TL!!!!111." You guys have always been nice about it since your friends and all so I was really surprised when I saw you post "My Young Link is better then Chips lmao. Nah im not sure but i have done more amazing things then he has. " I just thought that was a D!ck move on your part since you two have usually been so humble with eachother, so I just pointed out that currently, Chip has done something more amazing than you since it was the finals. . .against Eggz. . .using Fox. . .one of if not Y. Link's worst matchup. . .who is one of the best Fox's in the US. . .placing 13th at pound 3. . .so yeah, currently, Chip would be better statistically since pound 3 is out of date and Chip's current performance outweighs it anyways. Of course if you just had been humble about it like you guys always are I wouldn't have even brought it up.
I think it was called Joking, ever heard of it? "My Young Link is better then Chips lmao. Nah im not sure but i have done more amazing things then he has. " Notice when i said Nah im not sure, it was meant to be a joke guy. Also yes i have done a lot more amazing stuff then Chip has and no one can deny that because its true sir. Oh, i know hes your brother and all, but get serious, your claiming he beat Eggz in a rusty match where he technically messed up a bunch of times? Honestly speaking, i heard he got 3-4 stocked by Silent Wolf in a tournament when the game was still alive? I dunno, im not going to get into it, lets end this argument before it gets out of hand.

Deva

Smash Lord
I think it was called Joking, ever heard of it? "My Young Link is better then Chips lmao. Nah im not sure but i have done more amazing things then he has. " Notice when i said Nah im not sure, it was meant to be a joke guy. Also yes i have done a lot more amazing stuff then Chip has and no one can deny that because its true sir. Oh, i know hes your brother and all, but get serious, your claiming he beat Eggz in a rusty match where he technically messed up a bunch of times? Honestly speaking, i heard he got 3-4 stocked by Silent Wolf in a tournament when the game was still alive? I dunno, im not going to get into it, lets end this argument before it gets out of hand.
saying "nah Im not sure" doesn't mean it's a joke, it means you not sure lol, and following it up with "but i have done more amazing things then he has" just reeiterates what you said, making it not a joke. Nothing you said made it sound like a joke. If it was a joke, ok, you just didn't make it that apparent or I didnt' get it. And dude, calm down, I already told you I only did this because what you said sounded like a d!ck thing to say since you guys have always been so good to eachother. And no, the question isn't whether or not beating Eggz is more amazing than what you did, where fyi, he wasn't rusty, he still plays melee tournaments every month, and it was the finals, so he had had plenty of time to get warmed up and he didn't mess up anymore than he would have otherwise, but that you said what you did, when obviously you guys both have amazing Y. Links. Like I said, I know you were joking now, but if you had just left it with "nah I'm not sure," I wouldn't even have said anything since it would have sounded like a joke. But since you went on I just stated my opinion that beating Eggz holds more weight than what you've done. And if you wanna bring up that tourney match with Silent wolf, it was at Chip's first competitive tournament outside our city. I'm surprised he even did that well since it was the beginning of his smash career. Really, this isn't a big deal, especially since I know it was a joke now, it just wasn't very clear and I just stated my opinion on the matter. Yeah, Chip is my bro, but that's not the reason I responded. I don't enjoy seeing friends disrespect eachother. If Chip had said the same thing and I saw it I prolly would have done the same thing for you. Except I live with Chip so I'd just tell him xD. I know you were joking now, so I don't have any reason to keep arguing, But it was just my opinion that what Chip did was more amazing. Honestly though, you guys both have amazing Y. Link's. It's prolly better to leave it at that. You've both done some amazing things with the character and deserve respect for what you've done.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I wish I would have stayed to watch this match. I got 5th at this one, so it really would have been worth waiting an extra half hour. On a side note, I would love to watch Santi and Chip play, aah that would be so epic. Soooo epic. I also like how even though Chip is clearly a much more skilled player, the MK wins anyway. Same thing happened to Santi against Dojo :D Except Dojo is pretty awesome anyway......

Edit: This is Luigiking, forgot to log off Pyle's account :(

Dude, wtf are you doing on my account, you have your own go****ded computer. Or use Ryan's, it's right next to mine and it has a widescreen monitor.

Eggz

Smash Hero
eggz was playing perfectly and was not rusty in the least and had perfect sleep
I hadn't played melee since gameclucks nationals. Not to mention my no sleep johns were still in effect, that whole 2 or 3 days of no sleep. Chips really freaking good, but lets not pretend I was playing anywhere near 100% during the tournament sets. I did start playing technically well later, but my mental game was horrible, as I pointed out that night. Exhaustion doesn't affect my tech skill, but rust does. I got most of it shaken off later on in the night. But exhaustion DOES affect my mental game horribly.

Wall of johns.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Wow, those brawls were really good. What really amazed me was that people were using AERIALS to recover instead of aerial dodges (a hard habit to break). That TL was really good.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Eggz can make johns.
Hes Eggz for crying out loud.

Top Bottom