• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chinese Zodiac Related to Brawl?!

nuro

Smash Lord
I was at a Chinese restaurant a few days ago and they had the Chinese Zodiac on one of the table covers. My friend asked me what I was and I replied Snake. For some reason... as soon as the word Snake left my lips I realized something. The Chinese Zodiac could have some sort of influence on what your main is in Brawl. So, in order to test my theory I checked some of my other friends that go to tournaments. I was surprised at the findings...

I checked Spictom who was a pig (or boar) and he mains Wario.
KoreanDJ, Dragon (aka the best one), and he mains anyone because he is the best or one of the best.

And of course I main Snake...

so post what ur Zodiac is and test out the theory. Maybe I just helped you discover the character you should be using? ;)

Check here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_astrology

Zodiac

Smash Master
Ummmmmm, Scorpio have anything to do with samus or Link? wait a second I can personally say that I dont directly influence your main preference.

Zodiac

Smash Master
This is the Chinese Zodiac not the horoscope :laugh:
Well still the only time I meddle in smash affairs is when One player has been at the top for to long and somone else needs to take them down.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
The thing about Chinese zodiac is that they try to apply a short, broad list of attributes to a huge amount of people born in a whole year.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
So... you're a Snake and you main Snake and then you can kinda rationalize KDJ playing "everyone" since "The Dragon" is supposedly "the best" zodiacal sign and the Wild Boar is kinda Wario-ish? Not reaching at all.

I'm an Ox. My mains are Zelda, Pit and Toon Link... very not-Ox-like.

Anything can have something to do with something if you do only selective "testing" (in this case, you, Spictom and Korean DJ) and you try to rationalize it enough. Doesn't mean it's relevant or even real.

Zodiac

Smash Master
So... you're a Snake and you main Snake and then you can kinda rationalize KDJ playing "everyone" since "The Dragon" is supposedly "the best" zodiacal sign and the Wild Boar is kinda Wario-ish? Not reaching at all.

Anything can have something to do with something if you do only selective "testing" (in this case, you, Spictom and Korean DJ) and you try to rationalize it enough. Doesn't mean it's relevant or even real.
man, yuna every time someone comes with something,(SO general arent I?) you can shoot them down.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because this is just so farfetched and reaching. Anyone looking at this logically would understand that the Chinese zodiac really doesn't have anything to do with anything, For one thing, half of the animals in the Chinese zodiac can't even be directly linked to anyone specific in Brawl without really reaching.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Because this is just so farfetched and reaching. Anyone looking at this logically would understand that the Chinese zodiac really doesn't have anything to do with anything, For one thing, half of the animals in the Chinese zodiac can't even be directly linked to anyone specific in Brawl without really reaching.
Exactly my thoughts

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Lets see (I based it on attributes, not based on animals if they are anthromorphic):

Rat (Cunning/Shrewd) - Sheik, Pikachu, Toon Link, Captain Olimar
Ox (Strong/Arrogant) - Samus, R.O.B., Ganondorf
Tiger (Fierce/Overbearing) - Wolf, Pit, King Dedede
Rabbit (Agile/Fragile) - Peach, Sonic, Zero Suit Samus
Dragon (Majestic/Ferocious) - Meta Knight, Bowser
Snake (Sly/Untrustworthy) - Snake, PK Trainer, Ice Climbers
Horse (Gallant/Elusive) - Link, Zelda, Mr. Game & Watch
Ram (Hardy/Direct) - Ike, Falco, Yoshi
Monkey (Swift/Unpredictable) - Ness, Diddy Kong, Marth
Rooster (Rising/Timid) - Lucas, Luigi, Jigglypuff
Dog (Loyal/Modest) - Mario, Fox, Lucario, Captain Falcon
Boar (Powerful/Glutton) - Wario, Donkey Kong, Kirby

mantaray

Smash Rookie
I'm a snake too, but I suck as snake. Snakes are supposed to be the wisest though and zelda seems kinda wise I guess.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Rooster - Falco.

WHAT THE F-

I'm Chinese though, so maybe this Zodiac stuff applies very directly to me.

Find milktea to see if she matches hers!

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439

Wow, way to kill the fun . . .

MakoEnergy

Smash Rookie
I am also a Sheep (Wow, alot of you born in 1967/1979/1991, and if you play this game and you were born in '67 then wow, what a nerd...)

I play Falco/Marth/Zelda Combo (Both Zelda and Shiek depending on my strategy)

My Main is Falco.

polarity

Smash Apprentice
can it be linked to the fact that youre stupid enough to post a serious reply

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman

I'm **** tom but I changed my name to this currant one. I do main wario and I found it funny that Nuro and my friend Wang saw this. Yuna you are the most negative person ever so my advise to you on trying to improve your view on life is GET LAID!!! and if your are getting laid you NEED to dump that mutha ****a and find a new person to **** you.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom