• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago Smash: Modesto Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
kim just came over to my house on a whim. we didnt play smash tho (we played a match of starcraft and talked about girls aka wives, and kim is having marital problems LMAO, as always, what an idiot!)

i also tapped his ****!!!!!!!!!!!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
in two weeks :) or three :)
jamie why not one when everyone is back in town for spring break?
you are both geniuses, so decide and tell andre to put it in the title.
or one of us can make another thread. lol
those are fun and idk if andre is up to running the modesto thread...
kim just came over to my house...
i also tapped his ****!!!!!!!!!!!
since when is cunt censored?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
lmao too good you guys

change the title to SPRING BREAK PARTY NEXT WEEK or something short and to the point..............

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
that's not short or to the point... so i'm glad the word "or" was there...
p.s. i live life in the fast lane... but there was an accident, so it's still takin' a while...

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
lol, that is relatively short and absolutely to the point. it can't be any shorter unless you start removing letters from words LOL

so it could be 'sprng brk prty nxt wk' then.

also, I personally have trouble dealing with grab-heavy characters and playstyles (shiek in particular). Any tips on how to avoid grabs and the following techchase other than being unpredictable?

Miztik

Smash Master
lol, that is relatively short and absolutely to the point. it can't be any shorter unless you start removing letters from words LOL

so it could be 'sprng brk prty nxt wk' then.

also, I personally have trouble dealing with grab-heavy characters and playstyles (shiek in particular). Any tips on how to avoid grabs and the following techchase other than being unpredictable?
i would give you tips but i main shiek, so NO. why would i help you avoid my grabs hahah jk

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hey spenser

i'm assuming you're talking about melee since no one techs in brawl...

kirby does not have the speed to tech chase by reaction. well, you CAN tech chase if you read a tech-in-place or a no-tech. the only way to punish a tech roll is to run the way that they tech and try to fake them out as they wake up... there's no guaranteed punishment for that kind of tech, unlike falcon's regrabs or stomps. that's one of kirby's major weaknesses: he can't continue combos past tech chases. it's because his horizontal movement is poor both in the air and in the ground

THEREFORE, you have to resort to a spacing defensive game, which most slower characters have to do anyway (samus, doc, some marths, zelda, etc) and that is something kirby can accomplish. how you do it is by crouching and spacing with wd, or crouch cancelled dash. wd away crouch leads to dtilt, or you can face away and approach with wd back utilt, this can be spaced well since if you space it right you can't grab it.

kirby can't bait fsmashes as well as he can in brawl, but sometimes if you KNOW they are going to try and grab you, you can kinda run/wd away, watch for the grab, crouch it/force a whiff, then fsmash. this is an excellent, though unreliable way to KO.
and honestly i don't think you can gather that kind of reading skill from playing kirby lol, there are many gameplay basics you can only learn when playing more aggressive characters... unless you are really smart lol

here's a thing you can learn on your own though: learn which characters' grabs kirby can crouch under. it is a great utility for him to dodge falcon's grabs and ganon's grabs. in fact, crouching is one of the only weapons kirby has against falcon, otherwise it's open season and a dead kirby.

lol @ anthony, he says "jk" but still doesnt give tips. MINDGAMES

Miztik

Smash Master
**** i was wondering how long it was take someone to catch that, but **** that was fast!!! i hate you andre lol.

whats up with the title?

Gaara♥

Smash Master
man i havent been in this thread in a while... whats everyone been up to? Anthony speak naruto to me! Kenny go to sleep! Andre... sup?! Jamie....... SUP?!

Miztik

Smash Master
Juz from the looks of it there is a smashfest coming up sometime soon lol

umm...naruto is beating pains ***..

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
oh someone just told me to make the title about spring break smashfest or w/e since a lot of ppl are home

but we dont get spring break and i was like get ***** but u cant put **** in titles : )

if u guys get a set date for a smashfest or something i can put it in title : ) just spam im me or text me or something

hehe.... rainbow crews

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
rainbow cruise is too good

i'm gonna cp that and japes against characters more often now...just for fun. :) and I like to think i'm smart, does that count?!? :laugh:

also, your tips are very useful, unfortunately i can't put them into practice right now....no cube :(

jmic

Smash Ace
I am 0-2 versus kirby. I lost to W$W and Pink Reaper last year. Although now I don't think i'll lose that matchup at all.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
man it'd be fun to play you :)

I doubt I would win a single game, but it would be good fun all the same (for me at least).

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
it's not fair that kirby doesn't get ownt by falcon...
it's not fair, it's knee. lol

so jamie... i meant a date.
(do it on the weekend so people can actually come)
i had a really good time last night...

Miztik

Smash Master
Andre i meant have a smashfest in the time frame of when people are down here for the actual spring break, i know we dont get a spring break lol

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
haha, I didn't know that crouch went under shiek's grab!

man, I still have a lot to learn.

and I need to start with a top tier main...

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
hell yes

i need a break from cramming for my finals later today LOL

also...as a future reference...who else messes around with shoddy battle other than me and andre in the modesto thread? anybody? :(

if anybody, hit me up when I'm on, username sigurd104...I'm still figuring stuff out, but I'm mid 1300 rank with a unique team style :chuckle:

Miztik

Smash Master
WTF is shoddy battle!!!

lol...but yea spencer Kirby can crouch under shieks grab, and even under ganons down b

kenny hurry with the vids haha i want to watch my jiggs and falco,

Miztik

Smash Master
dude i think ima pick up falco, not as a main or secondary ill use in tourney but just to give me another character to play as other than shiek, jiggs, and falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom