• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago Smash: Modesto Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
ive always been amused when people are very for one, but very against the other
of those two really mainstream shows/mangas

not that it really matters
most things are worth my time anyway

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
idk how bleach and naruto became so popular tbh

it's the same **** thing over and over again...

main character fights and looks like he's losing, he pulls out signature technique. if it works, fight's over. if it doesn't, he either powers up somehow or is suddenly helped by something you wouldn't expect, then the fight's over. naruto only really ever uses the shadow clones, rasengan, and 'sage mode', whereas ichigo powers up by releasing his inner hollow and obtaining greater power via super-speed training.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
me and jamie had a nice long talk about how all anime/manga is the same.
naruto's father used to be the shinigami captain of squad 12.

p.s. we had this discussion during about an hour of nothing but falco dittos.

Park0o

Smash Ace
want to smash or something?? tomorrow or anything??? plz......plz.........................plz.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................plz

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero

main character fights and looks like he's losing, he pulls out signature technique. if it works, fight's over. if it doesn't, he either powers up somehow or is suddenly helped by something you wouldn't expect, then the fight's over. naruto only really ever uses the shadow clones, rasengan, and 'sage mode', whereas ichigo powers up by releasing his inner hollow and obtaining greater power via super-speed training.
dbz did the same thing
and that **** *****

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
dbz is different....

words can't describe how awesome the old school stuff is, that and the development of their skills actually made sense if you look at the whole series...

w/e, I just don't like naruto and bleach lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater

shounen appeals to young boys, typically 10~16, and also boys of much younger ages than that. many of us still have our boyhood inside. i don't really like bleach and naruto manga all that much, i used to love naruto when i was younger. one piece manga is amazing however.

of course there are "better" animes, but that's all relative because we apply that to what entertains us at our age group. bleach/naruto's success lies in the young anime lovers who gobble that stuff up.

if you want even more kiddy stuff, check out the pokemon anime or bakugan battle brawlers or beyblade or something.
or berserk.

or bible black

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
quit being so mature and applying perspective to things, this is the internet! arguments are won by whoever is louder and whines more often!

I know awesome is a subjective word, but...when sensibilities disagree, it tends to degenerate into a flame war. and flame wars are always, ALWAYS fun to watch.

also, pokemon is not for kids D:
lmao @ berserk

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
hey andre
youre really smart

btw kirbyraeg
i was smashing at embrace the 12s place last month and we were watching toonami dbz on tape
and i realized and we had a conversation about
how lame it is that all the old school techniques never get used past the saiyain saga
like solar flare and multiform (triform)
(except for one time in the garlick jr saga)

so then i started watching the uncut series online
but it blew
the toonami version was way better

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
man triform was SO cool
and there was so much about it
like in the toonami dub triform is triform, and tien has a special version called multiform (there were lots)
in the uncut dub they were all called multiform

in the toonami dub when its krillin + piccolo vs nappa, after piccolo tries really hard and does a really gross triform vegeta says "Heh, cool."

but in the uncut he says "Heh, amateurs."

:< :< :<

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
'heh, amateurs' is more fitting with vegeta's character imo

and the cool techniques actually had purpose because not everybody was superpowerful

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
yeah that was back when goku and piccolo were the 2 strongest people anyone knew about
then vegeta and nappa both showed up and were like hey here some saibamen lol get ****ing *****
i like heh cool better :(

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ooooooh i heart dbz talk. ROFL

ok. so. fer starters...
bleach is like a new rendition of dbz to me. though i haven't seen anything past the first 40 episodes, i already know what to expect (and i've been told a lot). when i was 12 or 9 or whatever, all the characters were awesome, it was actually suspenseful, and it was "the most action packed cartoon" or whatever. lol
the things i didn't notice or chose to ignore, were that nobody ever really goes away. like the writers REFUSE to kill off any cool characters other than the main villain (who NEVER dies the first 5 or 6 times krillin yells, "he did it! WE WON!"). the biggest difference i see between the two are that i'm not 12 anymore. while i still LOVE the characters and the way they look and fight, i can no longer ignore how THIN the storyline actually is. for example in every anime, the main character's (real) father turns out to have been a demon king, hokage, sayian warrior, and/or shinigami.

that was fun. i'd go on, but nobody's gonna read that much anyway. lol

p.s. i think my favorite anime is still FMA.

p.p.s. FMF is a name that makes me lulz

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I read it, lol

also, you're right. Bleach was pretty good actually up until after the end of the 'soul society' arc. after that, ehhhhhhhhhhh......it got stale pretty fast.

also, starcraft last night was epic. get *****!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i had visions, i was in them
i was looking into the mirror
to see a little bit clearer
rottenness and evil in me
fingertips have memories
mine can't forget the curves of your body
and when i feel a bit naughty
i run it up the flagpole and see who salutes
(but no one ever does)...

"Flagpole Sitta" by Harvey Danger

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
fma's ending was great, imo.
it didn't please every last fan, but that's not what it's supposed to do.
i'm glad naruto can kill off kakashi... i mean... you can't always preserve the "cool" characters.
story should come first.

i think bleach writers are afraid to kill anyone off because all the chars are soo cool. lol

Park0o

Smash Ace
want to smash or something?? tomorrow or anything??? plz......plz.........................plz.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................plz
...so?????

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
if the writer of naruto could kill off kakashi, bleach should have no problem letting someone die (like ishida lmao)

on the other hand, if they picked the wrong person to kill off, there would be a ****storm (like if they decided to kill off hitsugaya >_>)

jamie, when I come back, we will definitely smash and make up for lost time.

:( school :(

Miztik

Smash Master
um....yea bleach is gay...Naruto kills cool characters...

smash is fun...

DBZ will forever be destroyed once the live action movie comes out :(

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
@ miz: NO. if i were to go back and watch all of dbz, i wouldn't like it (aside from nostalgia). you just have to accept that the movie is made by fox. fox =/= anime

@jamie: was that directed at me? mybad. i'll play tomorrow if i can get a ride to your house. i want to falco ditto you some more. i feel like my falco got a lot better playing you. (not as good as my peach yet. lol)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
kirby is the best character in the game, obviously

he has 5 jumps!

and sure, i wanna play you sometime......

Park0o

Smash Ace
Better than Top
Captain Falcon's Sexy Manliness 11.0

Fox 9.9
Marth 9.9
Sheik 9.7
Falco 9.2

High
Peach 8.4
Captain Falcon 8.0
Jigglypuff 8.0
Ice Climbers 7.9

Middle
Samus 6.8
Dr. Mario 6.2
Ganondorf 6.0
Luigi 5.8
Donkey Kong 5.4
Mario 5.3

Low
Link 4.7
Pikachu 4.3
Young Link 4.2
Roy 3.6
Zelda 3.0
Game and Watch 3.0

Bottom
Ness 2.5
Yoshi 2.5
Bowser 2.2
Mewtwo 1.8
Kirby 1.5
Pichu 1.2

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
don't be mean : (

I am proud of that 1.5 score beating your falco

granted, you've probably improved a lot....but still! i have these small joys to cling to.

kaushik where u at i **** your fox lmao
oh wait he doesn't have a smashboards account :(

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
nah, you just gotta read your opponent more

predict what they'll do based on what they like to do, know the character's weaknesses...lmao idk

Miztik

Smash Master
Better than Top
Captain Falcon's Sexy Manliness 11.0

Fox 9.9
Marth 9.9
Sheik 9.7
Falco 9.2

High
Peach 8.4
Captain Falcon 8.0
Jigglypuff 8.0