• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago Smash: Modesto Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hey spencer, let's kirby ditto in both games. kirby is an amazing character

hey nick, let's zelda ditto in both games. zelda is an okay character

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
ah i see what you mean now :/

that's true actually...but irvine's kinda far from there without a car.

nick needs to drive a bunch of people to mango juice and pick me up on the way : D

andre you're right kirby is amazing and zelda is ok. in melee too, yes I'm srs :kirby:

Miztik

Smash Master
I doubt Nick would want to go to mango juice but that'd be hella tight...

it melee only i think he's more into brawl thats just imo

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
he only does brawl when it's there, he enjoys melee a lot too

though his bro is brawl only, so that may be part of it....

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
haha i don't think so

the day one of us prefers brawl is the day we become irredeemable.

and I like brawl only because kirby is a lot better in it lmao

basically if/once we get better we'd feel better goin to tournaments, that's pretty much all I meant

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
haha i know what you mean, but we're also all poor. or at least, I'm poor. And without a car. : (

you may have only played against nick and kaushik, but we're all around that level, and it's not good enough lmao : D

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
oh lol, his fox is pretty annoying to me

but it's taught me well to not get grabbed and to not just shield his shine attempts constantly

MacD

Banned via Administration
so, there is this who posts in the modesto thread and goes to UCI, he has no car but he wants to play melee, what he apparently doesn't know is that irvine people smash a lot, he should post in the irvine thread here or there just to be like, hey i want to play

many irvine people have cars and could probably give him a ride to somewhere, even if it's just a small smashfest... or if it's mango juice

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
....no, I know. but irvine's full of good people that i don't deserve to play with, there's nobody totally noob like me who just wants to play and learn from someone better...

plus i'm just a noob lol

also I liked the indirect style of reference in that post : D

MacD

Banned via Administration
lol

if someone where to read the irvine thread, they'd know of this guy named jkun, he's been called noob by many, they'd just have to look at like the last 2 pages

and not everyone in irvine is uber ****, there also cornbeef, jdm, that new guy who complains about his parents, random people idk, and i'm only sorta ****, not uber ;)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
that new guy who johns about his parents... lmao i thought you'd forget about that -_-

idk, it's just hard for me to make new friends without someone/something familiar to guide the way. I've always been like that, having a hard time talking to people I don't know but want to know. I'll try again though just to get in on the action though and because you're a nice guy who'll help me get to know the irvine people better :laugh: ...right? :)

EDIT: don't think worse of me because I have a hard time posting and trying to get to know people :( it's exactly what I don't want.

Miztik

Smash Master
SMASH WITH IRVINE!!!!!

jamie...who cares

haha jk

i didnt think he was gunna be in the modesto stage of the race

Park0o

Smash Ace
that new guy who johns about his parents... lmao i thought you'd forget about that -_-

idk, it's just hard for me to make new friends without someone/something familiar to guide the way. I've always been like that, having a hard time talking to people I don't know but want to know. I'll try again though just to get in on the action though and because you're a nice guy who'll help me get to know the irvine people better :laugh: ...right? :)

EDIT: don't think worse of me because I have a hard time posting and trying to get to know people :( it's exactly what I don't want.
you're really self conscience, LOLZ

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion

kirbyraeg, im exactly the same way you are. ask anybody that knows me, im a pretty quiet person irl, and when i DO say something, its pretty weird and people look at me like o_O

who cares if ur shy. most of the smash community isnt. just let them do the talking, and you will learn as you get *****. thats how ALL of the smash community got better.

and if u want to get "good" before u go to a tournament... that is not going to happen, trust me. as u progress, the tournament scene will only get better x5 faster than you. so just go to a tournament bro, u will be surprised how fast u learn. and if ur shy to ask ppl to play with u, here ill tell u what to say. say this: "hey, lets play some friendlies" 95% of the time, people will say yes. the other 5% is when ppl are tired, or busy, or playing tourney matches with somebody else.

go to a tournament, or die!

Park0o

Smash Ace
DON"T LISTEN TO JR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE"S A MONSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk lmao time to read manga!!!!!!

hey anthony, are we really going to go to irvine.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
haha, thanks guys, I feel more confident about it now :)

also, i think anthony was telling me to smash with irvine. if you ever wind up visiting though...haha we'll see!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
1. I need to post more.
2. Zelda > Kirby
3. WTF, someone told me that Lance wasn't gonna show after we stole his bike!? He was there?
4. Modesto beats little kids. WHERE YOU AT JAKE?
5. Irvine trip is imminent. Someone else needs to drive though... i'm out of cash and my gas tank is empty. :(

Park0o

Smash Ace
thats Right!! Thats How Modesto Does It!!! Send That Kid Back To School!!! Modesto Beat Kids!!!!

Miztik

Smash Master
R.I.P Sarobi

I JUST HEARD THE TERRIBLE NEWS THAT BRANDONS DOG SAROBI WAS PUT TO SLEEP!!!

WHY???

R.I.P. SAROBI

also

wtf are you talkin bout gaara?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
OMFG... brandans dog died?? =[[[[ **** MAN. who else is gonna give me piggy back rides.

but really, thats sad. i liked that dog. it kept me company when brandan fell asleep on the couch, leaving me nowhere to sleep. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom