• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago IL smashers?

ArmedShadow

Smash Cadet
I havent seen that much people on the fourms from the windy city. Speak now or forever hold your peace!:awesome:(I am in cook county)

Hostageclam

Smash Cadet
NNID
flood0f72
Not living in Chicago, but I'm over in the suburbs about 45 minutes away! Any of you guys going to the Events2Compete tournament on the 29th?

Sugahighsnipa

Smash Cadet
Not living in Chicago, but I'm over in the suburbs about 45 minutes away! Any of you guys going to the Events2Compete tournament on the 29th?
I was at the last E2C monthly last month and I'll be there again this week. I stay in cook county (skokie) if anyone's interested for a sparring partner or something lol

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
According to google maps, I live an hour and a half away from Chicago. Really sucks, because I want to enter a tournament sometime. I've never played competitively but i'm mildly interested.

SerbianVillager

Smash Cadet
NNID
StevoNaLevo
I'm from chicago, well northwest suburbs to be exact (niles/des plaines area) was looking for fellow villagers but would love to smash with any competitive people for some practice. If interested shoot me a message!

Cruecial

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cruecial
I'm in downtown Chicago, would love to meet up and play with others. Definitely need some practice before APEX.

Tonzura Koite

Smash Cadet
I'm just north of Chicago, but I'm in the loop all the time for school and a lot of my friends are west side. Looking to get into competitive Smash too.

Samtaro

Smash Rookie
I'm north of Chicago about an hour, but live right by the train, so I can pop in whenever. :) Anyone going to the Gamers HQ tourney in Third Lake on the 13th?

HerbSuperb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-1409-4860
On the west side looking for some competitive play. Anyone hit me up if you know of someone or somewhere thats organizing a smash 4 gathering

m00n__kid

melee maniac
ArmedShadow ArmedShadow , Guade c: Guade c: , I igniteSam , Hostageclam Hostageclam , Sugahighsnipa Sugahighsnipa , SerbianVillager SerbianVillager , OptimalCat OptimalCat , Cruecial Cruecial , Tonzura Koite Tonzura Koite , Samtaro Samtaro , and HerbSuperb HerbSuperb ; im bar manager at a brunch place called Kanela Breakfast Club in the lakeview neighborhood, the place closes at 3:30PM every day and ive been thinkin about talking to the owner about hosting smash events there after hours maybe as a biweekly? I'm starting to put together a proposal for this but i need to feel out how much interest there would be starting out. as well as details such as what days/times would be best for the chicago smash community, the amount of setups people could bring, and whether there would be interest in keeping the bar open? would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Last edited:

ElliottTheEvil

Smash Rookie
I want to get into competitive play. Im from the joliet area. My roommate and I play PM heavily and watch streams all the time. It would be dope to test out my skill against others that are most likely far better than I lol

m00n__kid

melee maniac
I want to get into competitive play. Im from the joliet area. My roommate and I play PM heavily and watch streams all the time. It would be dope to test out my skill against others that are most likely far better than I lol
would it b possible for u guys/would u b interested in making the trip to the city to play?

Last edited:

ElliottTheEvil

Smash Rookie
would it b possible for u guys/would u b interested in making the trip to the city to play?
Im thinking about going to a tournament on the 19th I believe in Oak Park? I go to school in iowa, so it would be over break, but that might be a possibility!

Cruecial

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cruecial
ArmedShadow ArmedShadow , Guade c: Guade c: , I igniteSam , Hostageclam Hostageclam , Sugahighsnipa Sugahighsnipa , SerbianVillager SerbianVillager , OptimalCat OptimalCat , Cruecial Cruecial , Tonzura Koite Tonzura Koite , Samtaro Samtaro , and HerbSuperb HerbSuperb ; im bar manager at a brunch place called Kanela Breakfast Club in the lakeview neighborhood, the place closes at 3:30PM every day and ive been thinkin about talking to the owner about hosting smash events there after hours maybe as a biweekly? I'm starting to put together a proposal for this but i need to feel out how much interest there would be starting out. as well as details such as what days/times would be best for the chicago smash community, the amount of setups people could bring, and whether there would be interest in keeping the bar open? would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Yo, I'd be there every week. Please keep the bar open, I need whiskey with my smash :3

m00n__kid

melee maniac
Yo, I'd be there every week. Please keep the bar open, I need whiskey with my smash :3
lolol samesies on drinks. would u/could u bring a setup per chance?:grin: i think that'll be the biggest hurdle after getting permission/figuring out venue fee s***:smash:

Last edited:

Cruecial

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cruecial
lolol samesies on drinks. would u/could u bring a setup per chance?:grin: i think that'll be the biggest hurdle after getting permission/figuring out venue fee s***:smash:
Hm, I'd be taking the CTA, but I could bring a really small tv + wii u setup. Talking 23" inches.

HerbSuperb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-1409-4860
Ha damn I'd be down if we could make this happen. Haven't even played the wii u version yet. I could possibly bring a small tv as well if we need one.

Triforce of Love

Smash Cadet
Yo im from the lincoln park / lakeview area better known as roscoe village. Im back from college over break and wondering if theres any ChitTown Melee'ers whod want to get together and mess around a bit? Ill smash with literally anyone

HerbSuperb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-1409-4860
I smell newbies......Ahhhhh......smells so good.

:pow:
Haha i kind of recognize this name. I think i played you on allisbrawl a few times about 6 years ago. Idk if you remember a wolf user named herb but that was me. Lol i doubt you remember but we should play again sometime. Arent you from chicago?

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Haha i kind of recognize this name. I think i played you on allisbrawl a few times about 6 years ago. Idk if you remember a wolf user named herb but that was me. Lol i doubt you remember but we should play again sometime. Arent you from chicago?
I think I do remember your name. Yeah, I am from chi-town. (South side native)

I was playfully joking calling you guys newbies. No need to get your panties all twisted up in a bunch. lol

:pow:

ThunderThor77

Smash Rookie
I'm in a suburb of Chicago as well and would love to go to nearby tournaments. I know a weekly one on Fridays and a monthly one on Saturdays but there are none on Sundays (which would work with my work schedule). We should get a weekly one going on Sundays, that would be great.

Last edited:

Triforce of Love

Smash Cadet
I'm in a suburb of Chicago as well and would love to go to nearby tournaments. I know a weekly one on Fridays and a monthly one on Saturdays but there are none on Sundays (which would work with my work schedule). We should get a weekly one going on Sundays, that would be great./QUOTE]

Which tournaments are you talking about ThunderThor?

Top Bottom