• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago IL smashers?

m00n__kid

melee maniac
Ill be back in town by this sunday. Anybody want to meet up and smash next week? Also anybody know when the next E2C event is?
@ Triforce of Love Triforce of Love im thinkin of tryna get a smash fest going with some friends on sunday night, the skill level spread is pretty big, so there would be some more casual players, but would you be interested? or anyone for that matter?

Triforce of Love

Smash Cadet
@ Triforce of Love Triforce of Love im thinkin of tryna get a smash fest going with some friends on sunday night, the skill level spread is pretty big, so there would be some more casual players, but would you be interested? or anyone for that matter?
Sorry, I've been pretty busy lately so I havent been on the boards. I probably wont be able to make it tonight because I'm doig something for mothers day. I'd definitely be down to do something anytime after this weekend tho. Is anything going down a kanela's or mad river anytime soon?

T023

Smash Rookie
Aye im in the joliet crest hill area, anyone else?

Aye im in the joliet crest hill area, anyone else?

Yo, any in the Joliet, IL. area

Yo', I'm from the Joliet area, too! What side of town are you from? I'm closer to New Lenox, not too far from the race track. Are you still in town or are you currently in school?
Ayeee im right by joliet in crest hill

Last edited by a moderator:

T023

Smash Rookie
Im in the cresthill/joliet area if anyone wants to play

I emailed the White Oak Library in CrestHill and asked if a tournament would be allowed and they agreed, I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in coming out if we did actually have a tournament.

Tonzura Koite

Smash Cadet
Hey moon, you still doing events this summer? I'd love to start going to regular events to brush up and meet some new training buds in the Chicago area.

Skrist

Smash Rookie
Just moved from Somonauk, IL to Plainfield. I'm pretty sure there are almost no smashers in either of these places.
I made an account just to let you know that I also live in Plainfield. ...Not sure where to go from there, I'm bad at socializing.

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
There is a good scene in Aurora that meets up every Friday. The page is a little dated, but Melee is first each week now, people show up around 5, tourney starts at 6:30.
http://smashboards.com/threads/jul-31-2015-ash-weeklies-for-melee-and-pm-begin-now-aurora-il.393131/
I've seen this before I think. I need to get better at melee so I can actually compete in a Melee tournament....

Anyone in joliet/cresthill?
No, but I'm in Plainfield and that's pretty much the same area.

Last edited:

Vro

Smash Lord
There are no skill requirements to enter. We encourage all skill levels to come and play. You don't have to enter and can just play, watch, and chat with friends. This is the best opportunity for you to meet your local scene.

ArmedShadow

Smash Cadet
Yoo this is the op what the heck happened here how long was I gone.

Anyways anyone in the suburbs near
bridgeview
palos hills
oak lawn
Or not far from toyata park.

SwordsmanOrion

Smash Rookie
I'm near Chicago, about 45 minutes south of the city. I'm from the Kankakee county area, Bradley-Bourbonnais to be specific. I'm not much of a Melee player and at this point I probably never will be. But I'm playing a lot of WiiU/3DS and I'd love to play some other Smashers around my area.

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
I'm trying to start an eSports club at my high school so I can try to get more people into smash/bring out those who already do and such plus also gonna have LoL/Dota (which i don't play at all but i know others who do and such) so yeah. Expanding smash a bit hopefully

Dr. Windbox

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThatFalconMain
3DS FC
0791-4713-7838
I am in the chicago area in the Evanstonish area so if anyone of you know of a weekly or want to play sometime that would be kewl

Baums101

Smash Rookie
Glen Ellyn here, anyone pm me for sm4sh or melee. I would love to do meet up tourneys

Dr. Windbox

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThatFalconMain
3DS FC
0791-4713-7838
I'm in the Rogers Park area. (About 9 min away) You wanna play Sm4sh wii u sometime?
Hey, i dont have a wii U unfortunantely.

Is anyone here going to E2C 19?

AstroHamsta

Smash Cadet
STRAIGHT OUTTA WAUCONDA

Also, my mom recently allowed me to host weekly tournaments on saturdays. Mainly for Wii U and Melee. PM and 64 are rarely done.

reaper0grim

Smash Rookie
I work in the city, but I live in the Glenview/Niles area. Looking to start attending some weeklys in the area.

Purp15

Smash Rookie
What's up Midwest smashers? I live in the Chicago area and I'm struggling to find any tournament action. I find it hard to believe that there isn't any smashing happening in this large city on a Saturday afternoon/evening. Can anyone help a fellow smash fiend with some info on any smash 4 going on today??

Talls8

Smash Rookie
How many of you are out there? I've been looking to get dunked on so that maybe I can improve. Is there any locals in the suburbs? Preferably around Arlington Heights to like Niles. Or anywhere in the suburbs just let me know.

SuperDaikenki

Smash Rookie
Im a Chicago smasher as well, but I have no idea where to find any tournaments. There was a tourney at Wright collenge (smash ) but thats it

reaper0grim

Smash Rookie
Hey there! I live in Glenview and I'm actually thinking of starting a Melee weekly in Vernon Hills. Nothing is confirmed as of yet, but I have gotten the green light from the manager at Gamer's World in the Vernon Hills mall to host Saturday tournaments. We have 2 27 inch CRTs and 1 Wii and 1 Game Cube. Hopefully we can get things rolling soon, but as of right now it's still just an idea. There store itself is a good size with plenty of seating, and it's in the mall so there's food as well.

Other than that, I know there are Project M and Melee weeklies at a small MTG/Board Game store in Glenview as well as Hoffman Estates. I've never been to either event, but they have a Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events2compete/

Hey guys! I'm actually in the middle of planning a Smash2/Smash4 weekly in the Vernon Hills mall. It's not in Chicago, but if you guys can make it then that's awesome. I'm thinking Saturday afternoons and we can run friendlies until we have enough people for an actual tournament.

Sorry for the double post guys, but I'm thinking of starting a Smash2/Smash4 weekly in the Vernon Hills mall. Let me know if you guys are interested! I've gotten the green light to start, but now I just need people to come!

Edit: Looks like a mod combined a few different post from different threads onto this one post, which is why it is formatted oddly.

Last edited:

Stig

Smash Rookie
I live in the Chicago suburbs and me and a few friends are looking to find melee tournaments, we are willing to support any new weekly/ monthly tournaments. Msg me if there is anything going on!

K Buns

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0146-9868-4081
Hey all, I'm a melee Fox/Falco/Shiek main living in Oak Park. Still pretty new, only been following the scene since Zenith 2012 and I'm looking to improve. If anyone's trying to play friendlies or hosting a smashfest, hit me up. Add me on Skype if you want: kevin.bunschoten

KneeG

Smash Rookie
Hey. If you have FB join these groups. Very active https://www.facebook.com/groups/126804630735563/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/314009222142108/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChicagoCityMelee/
Lucky you kid, you live in the same town as EXP gaming. Which hosts tournaments on Tues,Wed and Saturday.
if only i wasnt broke :c

Hey all, I'm a melee Fox/Falco/Shiek main living in Oak Park. Still pretty new, only been following the scene since Zenith 2012 and I'm looking to improve. If anyone's trying to play friendlies or hosting a smashfest, hit me up. Add me on Skype if you want: kevin.bunschoten
I been looking around OP for some friendlies
(didn't want to spend 5$ every week for the EXP gaming tourneys)

Last edited:

K Buns

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0146-9868-4081

K Buns

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0146-9868-4081
if only i wasnt broke :c

I been looking around OP for some friendlies
(didn't want to spend 5$ every week for the EXP gaming tourneys)
We should definitely play sometime then. I'll pm you my info

Last edited:

NitemareBabyseal

Smash Rookie
NNID
NitemareBabyseal
Yo this is GGA.NiTe, ranked 7th in Chicago PR. Here's the list of tournaments in the Chicago area.

Sunday - Galloping Ghost Arcade (Brookfield ) - Gamers HQ - (Third Lake) - WIT Gaming - (Aurora)

Tuesday - EXP Gaming (Oak Park)

Wednesday - Ignite Gaming (Chicago)

Thursday - Poplar Creek Bowl (Hoffman Estates)

Friday - Back in the Game (Homewood)

Saturday - EXP Gaming - (Oak Park)

Galloping Ghost Arcade and Ignite Gaming has a bigger crowd with around 30-45 people per week.

Mizi

Smash Rookie
Hey friends I live in west burbs of Chicago (Elmhurst), I'm looking for some sparring partners to play melee friendlies with. I can also go downtown to the loop easily if people live in the loop and want to play with me (my school is in the loop so I commute there a lot). shoot me a pm if you want. I main Peach just so you know what you're getting yourself into lol

Stig

Smash Rookie
Hey friends I live in west burbs of Chicago (Elmhurst), I'm looking for some sparring partners to play melee friendlies with. I can also go downtown to the loop easily if people live in the loop and want to play with me (my school is in the loop so I commute there a lot). shoot me a pm if you want. I main Peach just so you know what you're getting yourself into lol
Me and my friends live near here and we'd love to do some friendlies! Let me know if you or whoever else is interested.

Top Bottom