• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

([Chicago Area Smashfests]) MELEE ONLY -4-9-09

Zjiin

Smash Master
I use to have smashfests at my apt every weds and it was very enjoyable for the large amount of people who attended. In honor of the dissapointment that is Brawl, I'm starting these up again to push the MW into keeping up their Melee game. Be a man, and play something that takes skill.

Where:
3717 W 70th pl
Chicago, Il 60629

When:
Depending on my work schedule. Each fest goes until everyone is sick of playing. (YEAH RIGHT)

Public Transportation directions:
To get to me from the loop, you'll want to take the orange line towards midway airport. Get off at the Pulaski stop (second from last stop) and the station there will have buses that come in frequently. You'll want the 53A South bus (towards either 81st or 111th st). The only one that might throw you off is the 53a towards 31st, which is north. You just take the south bus down pulaski to 71st st. I live on 70th pl, (the street before), three blocks from pulaski. You can only go one way because the other side of pulaski is a huge parking lot.

my address is 3717 w 70th pl (the block between hamlin and lawndale)
=======================================================
Feel free to ask anything further in detail without getting awkwardly personal. My phone works: 773.226.5191.

Bring your own controller. I can provide you one, but they are in a box full of broken ones, and i'm not the one who will be testing them out for you, lol.

AIM: Iamnotaword
MSN: Iamnotaword@hotmail.com

Don't PM me here, because my Inbox is deliberately full.

Smell you later.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Man, I've been meaning go to one of these but work keeps getting in the way. No Johnz though...I'll be there tomorrow with Doc style ownage.

Fletch

Smash Master
Wow, you live like right next to me... too bad I'm at college now, maybe I'll swing by around Spring break.

JustOwnin

Smash Apprentice

sligmasta

Smash Cadet
this sounds good, im new to the area so it'll be good to meet the local talent. hopefully i can make it this wednesday

Zjiin

Smash Master
That is correct. The more the merrier since we usually do some crew battles 4v4 /5v5 but if we get more people down here, we can do a good 7v7 / 8v8.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
I will definitely make certain to attend the Smashfest that falls within my spring break (two weeks from now). I miss the Chicago/Northside people! <3

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
we miss you too CK. ill make sure to attend some of these some time maybe. definately at least one, during my spring break (no idea when that is though lol)

Mars-

Smash Champion
I will definitely make certain to attend the Smashfest that falls within my spring break (two weeks from now). I miss the Chicago/Northside people! <3
I don't miss you and your gay fox that just sparkles when you shine. Okay I lied. Sveet your taking the rest of our crew with right?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I don't miss you and your gay fox that just sparkles when you shine. Okay I lied. Sveet your taking the rest of our crew with right?
if its during spring break yea, if i go to one after tennis one day, no. i wont have time to do pickups/drop offs and make it home by 12.

btw, how often does eddie show up to these?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Eddie is everywhere, it doesn't matter where you are if you have a GC and a copy of smash he'll be there.

Ill try to make one of these during my spring break, can't go on wensdays cause of school

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
well i plan on showing up tomorrow, but only until 11 or so. could i show up a little early? (if so what is the absolute earliest possible, ill shoot for that which means ill be there at least 20 minutes after that lol) btw if u need me to bring tv/cube mine is always travel ready.

Zjiin

Smash Master
well i plan on showing up tomorrow, but only until 11 or so. could i show up a little early? (if so what is the absolute earliest possible, ill shoot for that which means ill be there at least 20 minutes after that lol) btw if u need me to bring tv/cube mine is always travel ready.
People who like to show up early and warm up come around 5-5:30ish, but no earlier than that, because i sleep until 4pm. We should have enough setups, unelss 20 extra people mysteriously show up. Important to BYOC tho.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
oh dont worry about it then. i have tennis until anywhere from 4:30 to 5:30. then home shower change and ill leave. cya guys tonite ^^

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
That Crew battle was too fun, wish there was footage of it....

Also, im sure theres probably a blatantly obvious answer to this question, but why not put the VCR on the big screen (main) TV?

I'll see some of you gents at Bobasmash.

Nike

Smash Apprentice
I hope you all trained up for next week you fight your FINAL BATTLE

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
one platinum gamecube controller.... $19.99

a copy of super smash bros. melee.... $49.99

owning pure ownage.... priceless

wednesday cannot come soon enough

JustOwninDaFINALBOSS

Smash Cadet
one platinum gamecube controller.... $19.99

a copy of super smash bros. melee.... $49.99

owning pure ownage.... priceless

wednesday cannot come soon enough

A Nintendo Wii to OWN kn3wbz on. . . NOTHING, for I sold a PS3 for 1700+ and bought it with that money.

A copy of smash. . . NOTHING, for my SUBBOSS THE FINAL BOSS OF ANGER gave me his copy long ago in hopes of me that this day, the day I would take over the entirity of the smash brothers community would come.

A controller OWNtroller to play smash on. . . SEVERAL THOUSAD KILOGRAMS OF OWNAGE PERSONIFIED into a launch gamecube controlller who had, like a warrior who had fought countless battles, seen too much and had gained to much experience.

A skill level of such mass and mght that even smash evengelions and masters alike pale in comparison. . . hours upon hours of meditation and specially honed and developed training and skill development techniques only known to the most loyal of SUB-BOSSES and followers of the ways of OWNAGE!

A gathering of SUB-BOSSES in which to destroy all my foes. . . a simple command from the mighty booming voice of OWNAGE INCARNATE.

The FINAL BATTLE that will TEAR, RIPPLE, OWN, and most of all SMASH the chicago community into OWNNIALATED pieces of nothingness like so many before them!

NOT EVEN THE PRICE OF INFINITY ITSELF COULD COMPARE!!!

"If the chances that you have against JustOwnin could be compared in a ratio number then I would have then you would first have to gain to comprehension to understand such a huge number and until the end of time to speak it! For I have no doubt that it is 0 to infinity!" - THE BOOK OF OWNAGE - OWNED chapter, OWNED verse.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
A Nintendo Wii to OWN kn3wbz on. . . NOTHING, for I sold a PS3 for 1700+ and bought it with that money.

A copy of smash. . . NOTHING, for my SUBBOSS THE FINAL BOSS OF ANGER gave me his copy long ago in hopes of me that this day, the day I would take over the entirity of the smash brothers community would come.

A controller OWNtroller to play smash on. . . SEVERAL THOUSAD KILOGRAMS OF OWNAGE PERSONIFIED into a launch gamecube controlller who had, like a warrior who had fought countless battles, seen too much and had gained to much experience.

A skill level of such mass and mght that even smash evengelions and masters alike pale in comparison. . . hours upon hours of meditation and specially honed and developed training and skill development techniques only known to the most loyal of SUB-BOSSES and followers of the ways of OWNAGE!

A gathering of SUB-BOSSES in which to destroy all my foes. . . a simple command from the mighty booming voice of OWNAGE INCARNATE.

The FINAL BATTLE that will TEAR, RIPPLE, OWN, and most of all SMASH the chicago community into OWNNIALATED pieces of nothingness like so many before them!

NOT EVEN THE PRICE OF INFINITY ITSELF COULD COMPARE!!!

"If the chances that you have against JustOwnin could be compared in a ratio number then I would have then you would first have to gain to comprehension to understand such a huge number and until the end of time to speak it! For I have no doubt that it is 0 to infinity!" - THE BOOK OF OWNAGE - OWNED chapter, OWNED verse.
Ill summerize this for you guys

-gots a wii
-gots a copy of smash
-gots a controller
-he sucks
-he has a couple of crappy friends
-he's gonna lose

Its amazing how he turns 6 simple sentances into a whole essay.

Top Bottom