• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibo Presents: Battle for Online Supremacy - Paid PKMN Tourney - Last Call Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
pacostames101 from marriland i don't think we ever actually battled though.

o and chibo is manaphy and latios allowed since they're suspect?

and chomp was banned b/c only two pokes resist his combination of STAB moves and he can tank better than swampert, while being a monster if set up. if you don't believe me IM me...
since the decision about them wasnt made before i made this tourney im gonna stick with banned.
and since people are making their teams now (should be lol) they would be making them with the current metagame, which is having those 2 banned

Tacostames101

Smash Rookie
all right its for the 29th correct? that gives some time, is it all gonna be in one day or like spread out like a week w/ deadlines for each round?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
registration ends the 27th, bracket will be up and first round begins on the 29th. u will have deadlines for rounds. il have an exact schedule up soon.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i just updated the first post with the schedule information

WE NEED PEOPLE TO SIGN UP!

If you know you are entering, please sign up as soon as you can. Once some people sign up, it will start a chain reaction and others will sign up as well, then I can also start to advertise it on other sites like Smogon.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Well, I'm not expecting it to make it very far, considering the fact that I just registered on Shoddy yesterday, but I might as well. It's not TOO big of a hole in my wallet, after all. ^.^

heytallman

CTALL
I would really like to enter this. I will try to set up a paypal account or something soon, I still have a while to register. How many people have signed up thus far, Chibo?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
unfortunately im still the only one in. i know ppl who are interested, but theyr busy and not entering till the last minute

EVERYONE ENTER NOW IF YOU WANT TO!

more ppl that enter = more ppl that want to

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ah ok, i got ya. for some reason it didnt send me an email about it, but i have the details and payment in my paypal.
didnt kno i had to check my account manually, it sent me an email when i signed up myself lol

heytallman

CTALL
So after checking your account manually, are you and him still the only ones who've signed up?

Even if nobody else enters, I'll still most likely enter, just because I've always wanted to do a pokemon tournament.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea, were currently the only 2, but i kno more ppl who will sign up b4 its over i believe
some of my friends are also gonna enter and pay me in person this weekend so they dont have to deal with paypal
ss18 said he was in
doom said hes in
il convince umbra
maybe lord bowser
maybe zmt
maybe taco

and i still gotta advertise on smogon and stuff

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I think I'll pass this time, tourneys never work well for me as I have to battle at awkward times due to my timezone and sometimes can't even get my match done. Also I don't really have a way to pay through paypal.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
The more the merrier. If this gets big then there will likely be more tourneys and stuff.

Tacostames101

Smash Rookie
im gonna enter i just can't do it until the end of this week or beginning of next, but ill make the deadline, for now im busy playing english platinum xD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
EVERYONE SIGN UP FOR THIS!!!

You have only until the end of the week! I don't want this to pretty much become a $5 money match between 2 ppl lol

_umbra_

Smash Champion
turns out I can't enter, parents took my credit card when I came home for spring break LOL

maybe next time?

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I might join, although i am kinda turned off by shoddy wished it was on wifi instead, but i guess i dont absolutely hate shoddy though, will join once i get some money in my paypal account most likely

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i have cell phone internet i can connect to my laptop

all i would need to do is hook up quickly to post brackets or w/e

but im prob gonna delay this just a few days to get some more ppl. i already had someone contact me on aim theyr signing up himself and his friend asap

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
registration has been extended by one week. that is all i will extend it though

lets get some ppl in this tourney!!!

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I would consider joining if I had some real kind of payment method... I don't have a paypal account or a credit card. :(

I might set up an account. I'll post again if I do.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
...State? I'd be correct in saying Europeans aren't allowed entry with state seedings, then?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I see, then my only issue is the lack of players so far. I'll keep a close eye on it, however.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I see, then my only issue is the lack of players so far. I'll keep a close eye on it, however.
That may actually be a lot of people's issues with joining this tournament...they probably see no real payout if they happen to join in and no one else joins, so they're just sitting on the sideline waiting for a bunch of other people to join.

Problem is, no one else will join because they're all waiting for all these other people to join, who also aren't joining because they're waiting on the same thing that the other person is waiting on. So now you're just stuck with a whole bunch of people sitting there, waiting for someone to take their turn amongst a group of people who aren't going to take their turn unless someone else takes a turn, so no one really does anything, and then it eventually becomes a stall-out and all those people who did take the initiative end up leaving disappointed.

Hope that made sense. Probably not. Or it was just redundant, which is probably the most likely option. :laugh: Anyway, so yeah. I'm pretty sure that joining in the first place won't really have any drawbacks as it is. If there aren't enough people in by the deadline, then he'd either be forced to postpone again or give you your money back (or so I'd hope), so no matter what you'll end up getting your money's worth anyway.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
well, i did set the deadline for today, but timssu is completely right. iv heard a lot of interest in this by multiple people and said they would sign up if i extended it. so why havnt they???

if it ends up not happening, i can refund ur money. well, mostly lol. the payment is $6 and i can refund $5.53 thanks to stupid paypal fees. but even if we get 2 more people for 4 total, it would be ok. we could do round robin best of 3 all around and have winner takes all.

COME ON EVERYONE! If your even slightly considering this, please sign up. If you all do, then we will have a good turnout!

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
paid....?

Ehh, I don't think I'm good enough for this yet. It's no smash tourny..
Nor am I, but I still entered. :)

Like literally...I basically just got into the competitive scene about a month ago, and I hardly ever battle on Shoddy because I only have one halfway decent team and all my others are failures. x_x

But I figure it's only $5, so why not?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
whats wrong with me entering? lol

am i that good :)

i guess il extend it a lil more... come on ppl

heytallman

CTALL
Ahhh I've been super busy with school this week, still haven't signed up :\ if you're extending it more, then I'll still have time to enter haha

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
this is the last call for signups. if no one else signs up by monday, im refunding those who entered so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom