• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibo on the ROB v Peach Matchup

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Randomly in the results thread for a tourney thread that just popped up me and Dark Peach just started a lil thing about the whole ROB Peach matchup and I think I wrote a really good post about it, worthy enough of copy pasting here, especially since I know some ROBs have trouble in the matchup.

ROB is not a bad match up for Peach. Its even or slighting in her favor. I let that camping get to me. I was Floating most of the time which was stupid to do against a camping ROB. All I have to do is short hop[ dairs to Nair andjab game. If I am all over ROB, he will be in hell of trouble. Then bait side steps to Dsmashes. and punish with out of shields to Dairs. But trust me, it is NOT a bad match up for me.
Then you should have just done everything you just said lol. How do you let camping get to you? Brawl's been out for a year, we've all been at tons of tourneys, camping is standard stuff.

If you approach high in the air then I can use laser, fair, nair, uair (if I bait u to first use any attack that's not dair), or glidetoss/throw a gyro/turnip up. If you approach with floating just over me, up angled fsmash goes through anything you have. Fair also works good there against some well space aerials. If you approach with floating closer to the ground, then upangled fsmash again, or this time upangled ftilt also comes into play. You're also in gyro range from dB throw, or regular throw or glidetoss. If you approach on the ground then I can ftilt you out of anything, or if you approach on ground by glide toss/turnip, then I can either just shield it or catch the turnip and use it in my favor. Oh yea, and laser, and gyro as always lol.

Also all those other lil tricks has like auto cancel (i think) fair into jab combo which i saw u abuse the hell out of it against rush before me doesnt work. If i shield the fair, I have a few frames where I can shield grab you before the jab combo, and pulled it off near consistently against you. Dairing my shield doesn't work. As soon as the first dair is over, I just drop my shield and u tilt. Peach doesn't have a good double jump and her jump is slow. One stages with platforms like bfield I once you land on a platform I can keep you up there easily with uair and read your tech chases with usmash which kills at like 80 on stages of avg ceiling. And nair was killing you surprisingly early when I saved it up and was killing you at ~100%.

If I don't mess up, Peach has 0 approach options on ROB. ROB forces peach to approach with lasers and gyros. and other cool stuff.

noodles

Smash Champion
thanks for making this thread i lose to alot of peaches >.>

*subscribes

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I just about always lose. I went to the final stock against Dark.Pch in both matches two months or so ago.

Nikwadtkhil

Smash Cadet
so what if peach Dairs your shield and continues forward to a cross up?

Won't the U-tilt be punished? Also if peach stays close how are you gonna set up for your gyro and lazers and whtanot, if she is "all over you" you don't have time to get your gyro out to staart glidetossing nonesense and she can just float pummel your shield with dair and move away before the U-tilt, fairly safe, No?

Sudai

Stuff here
You're not supposed to just UTilt OoS every time a peach DAirs your shield. If she floats away to a safe distance, roll out of the DAir pressure or SH FAir/BAir OoS; if she stays above you, UTilt. If you're uncomfortable with any of those, roll between DAirs. Use common sense.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I stay from below peach as much as possible. Focus on getting peach out the air. Stay against her at an angle. Fair her out the air whenever she jumps, then you wouldn't have to worry about dairs.

Also what Sudai said, ROLL. It isn't hard. Rob still has the advantage.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Randomly in the results thread for a tourney thread that just popped up me and Dark Peach just started a lil thing about the whole ROB Peach matchup and I think I wrote a really good post about it, worthy enough of copy pasting here, especially since I know some ROBs have trouble in the matchup.
Nice post, good info there.

I used to not like the matchup too much, but the F-air just winz it for me. I think Sky` says he's a R.O.B. counter or something, but I gave him a beat down in crews @ B.i.O. 2 when they threw him in after I took out (inb4)Sean. Would have been nice to take him out as well, but didn't get the N-air on him I needed.

But I don't think you can get an attack in between her auto-cancel aerial to jab... I just shield the slaps as well.
You're right about the F-air ^__^
Laser or F-air her out of the air and shut her approach down.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I've beaten plenty of robs before with peach(have yet to play chibo's though Chibo you should friendly or 1$ mm me on sun) I would say the matchup is slightly in peach's favor but by no means is peach counter for rob

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
its not in robs favor tho. like its a normal matchup maybe peach ahving 55-45.

you have to play a little differently because a good sapcing peach has her fair eat a lot of ur stuff and cant be shield grabbed. what u can do is lazer her floats, glide toss town appreaching with grabs and save your nair.

platform stages can hurt or help you depending who gets who in the air first lol

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I really, Really don't think peach has the advantage. Your ftilt beats her ground game, Your fair knocks her out the air and also comes out faster than her Fair. Not to mention we out camp her. I only think she has the advantage on BF and some other stages.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
I play praxis pretty commonly and I also have to say that ROB is SLIGHTLY countered by Peach.
You can camp this match and stay pretty safe, but once peach approaches, you WILL get 50+ damage.

Xyless

Smash Master
I agree with BO here. Having played both an uber-campy ROB and super aggressive ROBs, it's really hard to play against both. I honestly think that a more campy ROB has better chances against Peach than aggressive. He's really hard to cope with, and most of his attacks can reach relatively high.

The main thing that ROBs would have to look out for are his blind spot, since Peaches will float right in that area and look for a dair shield poke. I need to play against BO's ROB to say for sure, as I hear he's pretty much the opposite of my friend GameQ, but yeah, it's at the very least even.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I agree with BO here. Having played both an uber-campy ROB and super aggressive ROBs, it's really hard to play against both. I honestly think that a more campy ROB has better chances against Peach than aggressive. He's really hard to cope with, and most of his attacks can reach relatively high.

The main thing that ROBs would have to look out for are his blind spot, since Peaches will float right in that area and look for a dair shield poke. I need to play against BO's ROB to say for sure, as I hear he's pretty much the opposite of my friend GameQ, but yeah, it's at the very least even.
My rob is like 3x better than GameQ's.

I play praxis pretty commonly and I also have to say that ROB is SLIGHTLY countered by Peach.
You can camp this match and stay pretty safe, but once peach approaches, you WILL get 50+ damage.
When she gets close that's when you stop camping; leaving yourself open, and start Fairing when she jumps.

HugS™

Smash Lord
That's funny T0mmy, cuz sky has never lost to you.

Anyways, the camper usually has no clue how to handle himself while in close quarters combat. They only know how to spam and how to retreat.

It's a common downfall of the average camper.
Don't be that. Don't be a ****ty camper.

Never be below a peach, you should be good enough to never allow her to be above you. See, every character has a zone of **** and a zone of failure that varies depending on what character you use against them. Guess which zone you need to be in?

Peach's **** zone on rob = when you are below her or above her.
Peach's failure zone - several places, you just have to know how to measure it.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
That's funny T0mmy, cuz sky has never lost to you.

Anyways, the camper usually has no clue how to handle himself while in close quarters combat. They only know how to spam and how to retreat.

It's a common downfall of the average camper.
Don't be that. Don't be a ****ty camper.

Never be below a peach, you should be good enough to never allow her to be above you. See, every character has a zone of **** and a zone of failure that varies depending on what character you use against them. Guess which zone you need to be in?

Peach's **** zone on rob = when you are below her or above her.
Peach's failure zone - several places, you just have to know how to measure it.
Thank you hugs, thank you. This is the point I'm trying to make.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Man, I knew he was gonna do this. Ugh....And its also kinda annoying how you did not put the rest of what I said. I'm not giving this match up to ROB at all.

All Peach has to do is bait ROB most of the time and punish out of shield on him.

Peach should not be approaching rob to much. Also his camping is not that fast. So Not hard to get near him. But a big bistake peach players do is rely on turnips. When a laser or top can hit them. The player has to be aware about the top and lazor. Once that is out the way, Now its about getting at ROB.

Peach can shield his Fair and break the chain of them with her Nair out of shield or at low % she can Nair after the first hit. So that chain of Fairs can be stopped. ROB wants to space bairs? Ok. I Don't try to test that move. One turnip is all I need for it.

Peach can't be too aggressive or too defensive.

For me to Beat ROB:

-Don't let his camping annoying the hell out of you. If you don't, you deal with it and half the fight is gone since most ROBs camp

-Don't test Rob with his air attacks. Space, bait and punish alot out of shield

- Short hop Dair Him. Don't float alot. Short hop dairs can screw up robs and lead to Nairs or other possible set ups. Characters like ROB get it bad from short hopped dairs.

- Good evasion

Of stage he can be a sitting duck with turnips in his way and his recovery kinda leaves him open. And if you are all over ROB, He is in for pure hell for Peach's Pressure game is nasty.

Oh and the typical Side step to Dsmash or out of shield to Dsmash. Bait that and short hop out of shield. I catch so many with this, even the few better ROBs out there. And If I was ti get hit, I can TDI out of it.

And Yes I am aware that People smash DI out of Peachs Dair combo. Thats why I mostly short hop Dair them. You won't really go anywhere, and can follow it up.

And the most dumbiest thing Peach can do in this fight is float too much.

Top Bottom