• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you want but have little to no chance.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Adeleiene from Kirby 64/Ado from Kirby Dreamland 3. Also happens to be my most wanted character in general...

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Yeah now that you mention it they are very similar.
Count me in if Flying man is an alt.

I have more unlikely characters I want in than I can count. Even if I take my shoes off! So I'm just going to use this specific post for one completely random unlikely character.

I think it would be really really cool if I could play as Earthworm Jim.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I know many who I would like to see.

[collapse=Pico (F-Zero)]

Pico is one of my favorite characters in the F-zero series. I could see him being a crazy character to play.
[/collapse]

[collapse= Leon (Starfox)]

With the abilities of a chameleon and high tech weaponry I can see him being a really good sniper character.
[/collapse]

[collapse= Oswin (Fire Emblem)]

This guy is a beast in the game. I chose him from other knights because I saw this guy wipe whole maps nearly by himself. A heavy armor lancer character would be fun to play. He would be slow moving and couldn't jump much but he counters that with his spear reach and defenses.
[/collapse]

[collapse= Regal Bryant (Tales of Symphonia)]

Normally I dislike 3rd party characters but I would make an exception for this guy. He's my favorite from all the Tales games. It would also be interesting to see an all kicking character.
[/collapse]

[collapse= Captain N: the Gamemaster]

This guy is what got me into crossover games. Using the NES zapper and controller he was able to do many amazing things. At least I can make him as a Mii.
[/collapse]

[collapse= Everyone from Homestar Runner]

Can we please have a Smash-like game with these guys? I would totally main poopsmith or homsar.
[/collapse]

I got more to list but I can't think of them at the moment. With Mii's now I can make a lot of them.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Shovel Knight, Shantae, Simon Belmont.

I don't think indies that have no/small Japanese followings stand much of a chance, and Castlevania is dead to Konami. Still, I'd really want all of these guys. None of the characters that are 'likely' appeal to me.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Viridi, Goddess of Nature, from Kid Icarus Uprising

Lip, Princess of Puzzles, from Panel de Pon

Ashley, the girl next door living in the haunted mansion, from Wario Ware

Amaterasu, the Sun Goddess in the form of a heavenly white wolf, from Okami

Saria, sacred sage of the forest, from the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Poor thing didnt even make into Hyrule Warriors either!
:crying::(:c:cry:

Viewtiful Joe, otaku hero with an attitude, from Viewtiful Joe

...maybe one of the baby characters or duo of them from the Mario series? A team of baby Mario & Luigi/baby Peach & Daisy would be fun and cute to play as~

Earthbound/Mother could use some more support!

And Ridley OFC! Same goes for Midna & Skull Kid who got snubbed as well along with Ashley... and speaking of Ashely, Mona would also be pretty cool!

That's all I got for now, for the others I really want in I believe they have good chances~

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Majora's Mask/Skull Kid. But he's an Assist Trophy.

Also considering Majora's Mask got a remake and that still wasn't enough to get him playable, he obviously never will in the future.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I got a bunch of characters but I will name the main ones I really want
Quote (Cave Story) Is an indie so he may not happen.

Django(Boktai) is a 3rd Party made by Mr. Kojima and did not sell well in NA.

those are pretty much all of them.

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
Isa Jo or Kachi from the Sin and Punishment series. Play star sucessor when it's on the e shop people. Just freakin' do it.

Karate Joe. I guess Sakurai will either ignore him because of the bigger names on the Ballot or put the Chorus Men instead.

Shovel Knight:*sigh*

Prince Fluff : Sakurai barely knows post GBA/GC-Kirby exists. Bandanda Dee still has a chance though.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Adeleiene from Kirby 64/Ado from Kirby Dreamland 3. Also happens to be my most wanted character in general...
Thanks for reminding me! ^_^
Yeah, count me down for wanting Adeleine in as well, another highly unlikely :c

ALSO:
Any Final Fantasy character besides Cloud (becuz of how freaking overrated he & FFVII is :glare:)
Sora from Kingdom Hearts
A character from Bravely Default would be cool as well.

And a character from the highly under appreciated Star Ocean series! JRPG fans go play one now if you haven't yet~

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Isa Jo or Kachi from the Sin and Punishment series. Play star sucessor when it's on the e shop people. Just freakin' do it.

Karate Joe. I guess Sakurai will either ignore him because of the bigger names on the Ballot or put the Chorus Men instead.

Shovel Knight:*sigh*

Prince Fluff : Sakurai barely knows post GBA/GC-Kirby exists. Bandanda Dee still has a chance though.
for that Karate Joe I still think they may do something with him plus the Chorus Men thing is just from the gematsu Leak and the guy only had super lucky guessing skills so for people voting for them I think is ridiculous Though I do think Rhythm Heaven does deserve a rep I just don't see it being the Chorus Men. But you don't have to take my word for it that's just how I see it.

D

Deleted member

One character that I really want but who has 0 chance is Malon from Legend of Zelda:

I mostly really started wanting her after I saw this Brawl hack. She could be so cool though, using a pitchfork, bow, cuccos, and of course bringing back the Lon Lon Milk taunt. Oh and she would sing too, similar to Jigglypuff. Her final smash would probably be to call a horde of cuccos.

I'm actually kinda upset that she didn't make it into Hyrule Warriors at all, not even as a costume. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Patricia Wagon and Captain Syrup

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Sceptile times a thousand. Not just for symmetry reasons, he's legitimately one of my all time favorite Pokemon, and I think has a lot of moveset potential.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The exact same thing.

Also:
First Party:
Karate Joe (this actually has some chances, but as someone stated above, I fear he will be replaced by the chorus kids due to all those leak-biased requests)
Cpt. Syrup
Jill & Drill Dozer
Lip
Geno
Also, after Adeleine, my other Kirby wanted characters are Chef Kawasaki and Daroach: Chef Kawasaki has some small chances, but Daroach, despite being awesome, he is not important enough to have a chance, but I'd definitely love to play as him.
(basically, everyone of my most wanted minus the classic Ganon)

Second Party:
Villager (from Age of Empires - I'm deadly serious, I also made a moveset before the AC villager was announced, and it was very similar also - the tower building move was similar to the tree move of the actual Villager)
Max Damage (from Carmageddon. He can't be in Smash for obvious reasons - a bloody and crazy killer, but I'd like to do a fight between him and Cpt Falcon)
Garrett (from Thief - Stealth gameplay and the return of invisibility from Melee in his moveset)
Alley Cat (from an old DOS game by IBM, I love that game)
Load Ran (From Twinkle Star Sprites - the most underrated Neo-Geo game ever, with awesome multiplayer gameplay - it's the Smash of the traditional arcade shooters)
Dust Mite (call me mad, but I'd like if this RC car from Re-Volt was transformed into a character. An RC car a fighter? lol, I know it's ridicolous, but if you know the game you would know that Re-Volt cars are special. Though, even if you can use the antenna to grab opponents and items, there would be the problem that the car would be as high as a duck Kirby, so basically it would be impossible to hit)

Impossible request:
Marisa Kirisame from Thouhou Project (it will NEVER happen, even Miku has more chances, even Shrek!)

Last edited:
Still a Mario character, so he's still in between Square and Nintendo.
except he isnt.

his is 100% owned by square enix.

that isnt how IP ownership works. Square owns him. period. him being a mario character would be a fan labeling as he is, in fact, a square enix character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

except he isnt.

that isnt how IP ownership works. Square owns him. period. him being a mario character would be a fan labeling as he is, in fact, a square enix character.
How about he's a 3rd party Mario character? Does that work? ;)

Anyway, I thought of another one. Simon (young or old) and Lagann from Gurren Lagann:

"My drill is...the drill that's gonna pierce the HEAVENS!!!!"

It would be so fetch guys. But it will never happen. :'(

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
except he isnt.

Aside the fact that's unclear who is the owner of the character right now (there are rumors of mails recently sent to Square Enix and they replied that the company has nothing to do with Geno); he's still a Mario character, if Nintendo pays Square to temporarily get the rights, they can put him in Smash as a Mario character.
Mario is a first party franchise, Mario is the first party franchise.
I put him in the first party because he is from Mario, not because of copyright ownership.
The character is 3rd party, the series where he appears is first party, so he is in between. Nintendo won't have problems buying the copyrights of Geno if they will reach the conclusion that it's the right action to do, like they did with Sonic, Megaman and Pacman.
Characters from first party franchises have higher chances than characters that are completely third party, especially if they aren't iconic enough.

And anyway it was an error, I know that Geno is (theorically) third party; you are doing a big deal out of a typo, just stop.

How about he's a 3rd party Mario character? Does that work? ;)

Anyway, I thought of another one. Simon (young or old) and Lagann from Gurren Lagann:

"My drill is...the drill that's gonna pierce the HEAVENS!!!!"

It would be so fetch guys. But it will never happen. :'(
Why do you think Jill & Drill Dozer is one of my most wanted characters? XD
I love Drill Dozer, but I admit that 50% of the reasons why I love the game is because I played it after watching Gurren Lagann, and there are huge similarities between the two things (if you played the game, you would notice that the final battle of the first season of Gurren Lagann and the final battle of Drill Dozer are very similar, incredibly similar - and Drill Dozer is older I think).

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hmm... I wonder, which character would I want?

^ He already has his UMvC moveset; tweak that a little and he'd fit right in. Unfortunately, if Ryu is being added, Phoenix is never happening, since I don't see them adding a third Capcom character.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Another character I would like to have back... but I lost all my hopes for this.

He needs a huge redesign also, he's very ugly -.- but his boss battles were epic!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
except he isnt.

He is owned by both square Enix and Nintendo. Square Enix said this last week in their massage

He is owned by both square Enix and Nintendo. Square Enix said this last week in their massage
no. we went over this. they do not explicitly say Geno is owned by nintendo

they say that the characters in the game are both owned by square and nintendo. mario is owned by nintendo. other characters arent. There is no official confirmation explicitely stated otherwise. Anything else is rampant speculation

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Aside from Ridley (though the reasoning doesn't make sense to me when you look at the rest of the roster), I've got a few characters that I'd like to see who definitely seem to be long-shots:

-Isa Jo (Sin & Punishment 2 did get an international release, but as far as I know, it didn't do very well in terms of sales, and it wasn't even referenced in this game)

-Porky (I doubt that the Mother series is going to get two DLC characters)

-Mike Jones (his games never came out in Japan (they might have had a Virtual Console release, but I'm not sure about that), and they didn't even get a sticker in Brawl, though I'd love to see him included)

-Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight never got released outside of Japan, so I'm not sure how likely it is)

-Bayonetta (admittedly, this one depends on who owns her, since I've seen a lot of different answers on that front. I feel like, if Sega owns her entirely, she falls into this category)

-Terra Branford (I figure that, if Square's going to have a Final Fantasy character in Smash Bros., it would either be Cloud or Lightning, seeing as Cloud seems to be the most popular main character among the fanbase, and Lightning seems to be the most popular character among the developers)

D

Deleted member

-Terra Branford (I figure that, if Square's going to have a Final Fantasy character in Smash Bros., it would either be Cloud or Lightning, seeing as Cloud seems to be the most popular main character among the fanbase, and Lightning seems to be the most popular character among the developers)
Cloud and Lightning have never appeared on a Nintendo platform outside of spin-offs, so if we end up getting a Final Fantasy character, it would definitely be someone from I-VI like Terra, Cecil, or Black Mage. I'm not sure if they are popular enough to be included, though.

Top Bottom