• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you want but have little to no chance.

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
I know this is a stretch, but Giegue from Mother 1. He'd pretty much be in the same position as R.O.B, Mr. Game & Watch, and any other characters that have a crazy, unique move set based off of creativity. I could go on, but the main point are:

1. Giegue's design is really, really cool.
2. A long forgotten villain with so much creative potential.
3. Something unexpected, (hopefully) appreciated, and fresh.
4. Size is not a problem, at all.
5. It's Giegue.

This is Giygas' physical form, not the giant floating nightmare fuel. So this form would work out so, so much more better and even though he may not be as popular as even Duck Hunt, some buildup hype could make this character sell like hotcakes. And the amiibo wouldn't even be funny to talk about (rarity).

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I know this is a stretch, but Giegue from Mother 1. He'd pretty much be in the same position as R.O.B, Mr. Game & Watch, and any other characters that have a crazy, unique move set based off of creativity. I could go on, but the main point are:

5. It's Giegue.

This is Giygas' physical form, not the giant floating nightmare fuel. So this form would work out so, so much more better and even though he may not be as popular as even Duck Hunt, some buildup hype could make this character sell like hotcakes. And the amiibo wouldn't even be funny to talk about (rarity).

he kinda looks like a third megaevolution of Mewtwo...

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
he kinda looks like a third megaevolution of Mewtwo...
Yeah, I get that he looks like Mewtwo a lot actually whenever I discuss Giegue. :grin:

Actually, Mewtwo's design is speculated to be based off of Giegue, but Mewtwo ended up becoming extremely popular, therefore shadowing Giegue and his design as a whole.

Some designers who worked on Mother 1 (Where Giegue appears) actually went on to work on Pokemon during Gen. 1. So there's something to note!

http://earthbound.wikia.com/wiki/Giygas (Here's the link to cite this theory / fact)

"Some fans have noted a resemblance between Giygas's sprite in Mother and Mewtwo from the Pokémon series and that they both are shown to have powerful psychic abilities. It is also interesting to note that many people who worked on Mother also worked on the Pokémon series."

If Giegue were to EVER be in the game, a fighter or not, there's no doubt that some would call Giegue a ripoff of Mewtwo. But fans of Earthbound and the recent-ish announcement of Lucas would send hype through the roof for fans of the franchise.

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Celica (from Fire Emblem Gaiden) would pretty much only not be a 0% chance because she'd make an easy and convenient Robin semi-clone (her gimmick would be casting spells from HP, like how magic worked in Gaiden. Think Pichu, but actually play-tested). That and she isn't just another sword user. Gaiden is that one game in the Fire Emblem series that nobody ever seems to talk about (it wasn't localized, they did a lot of things differently, really old, no good English translation), and I highly doubt another FE character (aside from Roy, who is already established as a fighter in Smash) will be added unless its from IF. Even then, it's like a 4% chance.

Pokemon Ranger also I think would have the potential to be super neato, but it hasn't had a game in 5 years, is a spin off, and just isn't notable enough to warrant a 7th Pokemon rep.

Any ATLUS rep (Megami Tensei and everything it spawned, Etrian Odyssey, Trauma Center/Team, etc.) would be cool, but notability is also a really big issue with them, and especially since they'd be a 3rd party rep. A Megami Tensei rep would be slightly more notable than the others (since MegaTen created the 'recruit monsters so they'll fight for you' RPG mechanic [as if Nintendo would admit that :/ ] and was one of the first RPGs to be in a modern setting), but was really nothing revolutionary.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I really think that very few characters truly have a chance. Here is the list that I see as having a chance:

Wolf
Roy
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Ridley
Takamaru
Dixie Kong
Krystal
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Rayman
Snake
Ryu

I see very little possibilities outside of that list. I also think that list might be a little generous.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Simon Belmont would be my top pick to get into Smash Bros. He has great moveset potential with his various sub-weapons, the Vampire Killer could could give us out first whip based fighter in the series, he could have an Item Crash as his Final Smash, and he could even come with an Death Assist Trophy.

I also feel that Castlevania deserves the honor of being in Smash since it has been one of the most consistent third-party franchises across Nintendo's platforms. The NES, Game Boy, SNES, N64, GBA, DS, 3DS, and Wii all got a Castlevania game, with the series only skipping the Virtual Boy, Gamecube, and as of now, the Wii U.

Very few third-party franchises outside of Mega Man have been mainstays on most Nintendo hardware platforms.

The issue that Simon Belmont faces is that he's a Konami rep, and Snake is the one that most people are putting their support behind. What does not help is Konami's current issues and the fact that they are promoting Metal Gear alot more then Castlevania.

So, sadly Simon Belmont loses because pretty much everyone wants Snake back. Which is a real shame, because Simon Belmont and Castlevania as a whole have made a bigger impact on Nintendo platforms then Snake or Metal Gear ever did.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
9-Volt from Warioware:

I'm a fan of meta humor, and I feel that 9-Volt is the most apt to have that kind of moveset. Furthermore, he could represent a variety of Nintendo hardware and Nintendo IPs as his mini-games draw inspirations from Nintendo itself. He could also use his skateboard for some moves. He'd be a very unique character in terms of design and moveset, but I don't think he's popular enough to warrant inclusion.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I hope Medusa and Bandana Dee make it in.

Wolf seems to have a pretty good chance, so I'm rooting for him too.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Star Man. Not the Starman from Mario or Kirby or even Earthbound. Star Man from Pro Wrestling on the NES. He'd be a great retro surprise character and has moveset potential with him having a lucha wrestling style. He'd be great but sadly no one wants him. Except me. Just me. If he does get in I hope Amazon does as well. If anyone wants to make a Star Man thread I'll help you make a moveset, and get images and maybe get people to support.

Last edited:

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
Star Man. Not the Starman from Mario or Kirby or even Earthbound. Star Man from Pro Wrestling on the NES. He'd be a great retro surprise character and has moveset potential with him having a lucha wrestling style. He'd be great but sadly no one wants him. Except me. Just me. If he does get in I hope Amazon does as well. If anyone wants to make a Star Man thread I'll help you make a moveset, and get images and maybe get people to support.
Since I've liked Snake's throws in Brawl, I wouldn't mind to see a wrestler enter this game as well, pleasantly bringing in a new category of moves.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Woah! Shy Guy's actually my second most wanted character! Lightning Cutter Spear!
Haha yeah I said Shy Guy as just the random pick though I do love the character and he's my main in Mario Kart 8. Lately I've been wanting him in Smash more and more now. I'm thinking of making a support thread for Shy Guy soon when I have the chance.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

5. It's Giegue.

Hey he looks like mew2

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Banjo and Kazooie, Ridely, Dark Samus, Tetra (Wind Waker), and Impa. Banjo and Kazooie are now with Microsoft, Ridley and Dark Samus are already in the game as something else, and I don't expect the Zelda series to get any new representation.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
This is a great question!

1. Dixie Kong - my best friend and I have wanted Dixie Kong since shortly after Melee came out. We love playing DKC 2 & 3 together, but with all the hype for King K. Rool, I'm thinking if any DK reps make it in, it'll be him.
Snake - I was pretty disappointed when this character was cut... it seems kinda silly to me. I would like him back, but no one seems to have any faith in his return so he isn't getting much support.
Ivysaur & Squirtle - I always wished you could use each pokemon in Pokémon Trainer's line up on their own, and I remember thinking during my first time watching the Charizard (Greninja) trailer that maybe they'd announce Ivysaur & Squirtle too! (then being super let down) I especially miss Ivysaur... he was just very unique as a fighter. I'll admit, 8 pokemon in this game would be a bit much, so I don't think I'll get my wish.
4. Simon Belmont - UGH, he (or any Castlevania character) would add such a dynamic and unique twist to Smash Bros, but I just don't see enough support to picture it realistically happening.

5. Quote - If you haven't played Cave Story, then you need to play it. A fantastically in-depth platformer (often compared to Metroid or Castlevania) The visuals insinuate a fruity and bubbly story, but Cave Story is quite dark. Quote has had only one game, but after it's start as freeware, it was ported to Wiiware, DsiWare, a 3D version for the 3DS, AND an entirely redone version with 3D models and environments for the 3DS. Games that aren't any good simply don't get this many ports. If any Indie game deserves a rep in Smash it's Cave Story, but like the characters listed above... I just don't see it happening.

Asian_Charizard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-4223-6174
Takamaru and Sora

The former probably won't get in just because he's an assist trophy, while the latter is not iconic enough and I don't think Square would let Nintendo use him.

Last edited:

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
A lot of people wish their favorite assist trophies were playable.

I want my favorite assist trophy: Color TV-Game 15.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Something that popped into my mind that would be stupid but great:

Fancy Pants!

Obviously never happening. Just remembered the game and thought it'd be great. It got that one console downloadable title didn't it? What happened after that?

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
The character that I have recently made a support thread is Tamagon. While outside of being Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka's creation that was inspired to expand their design space, Tamagon has almost no mainstream recognition except as a trophy and sticker and appeared in games involving retro assets.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
The character that I have recently made a support thread is Tamagon. While outside of being Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka's creation that was inspired to expand their design space, Tamagon has almost no mainstream recognition except as a trophy and sticker and appeared in games involving retro assets.
I feel like the Devil is more recognizable in both America and Japan. America as AT in Smash and in Japan for Devil World and Captain Rainbow.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Petey Piranha MOVESET and Fishman MOVESET

Petey
Piranha

The Giant Stage Controller

B: Goop Vomit
Petey Piranha vomits goop in front of him, dealing damage to everybody who touches it.
It stays on the ground, hindering opponent's mobility and dealing damage.

Side B: Tornado Swoop
Petey slaps with his leaf, making a tornado that deals damage and drags the opponent with him.
If it hits goop, it becomes a Goop Tornado that plants a flower on opponents heads.

Up B: Windmill Jump
Petey jumps up and flies around for a short time before crashing down on his belly.
He's very heavy, so the crash will deal damage.

Down B: Piranha Plant
Petey summons a Piranha Plant.
The plant will bite every opponent that comes close.

When planted on goop, the plant also spits goop around.

Final Smash: Goopy Garden
Petey Piranha throws Piranha Goop Heads constantly, filling the stage with goop.

Beedle and Fishman
B: Bait and Arrow
Beedle throws Bait, which the Fishman follows, and Beedle then shoots three arrows to the fish.
The bait throw, arrows and the floppy dodging of the Fishman all deal damage.

Side B: Hyoi Pear
Beedle takes a Hyoi Pear from his Spoil Bag, and a Seagull swoops in, taking Fishman in his mouth, allowing him to attack from everywhere

Up B: Hot Air Bike-Loon
Beedle makes his Hot Air Balloon fly with his bike-mechanism.
Tapping B makes the balloon rise more.

Down B: Treasure Chart
Beedle looks at his treasure chart, but it flies away in a straight line.
When it hits an opponent, Fishman swipes on the chart with his brush until the opponent breaks loose.

The weirdest command grab ever.

Final Smash: Great Sea
Beedle and Fishman go in their boat when a gale comes that lifts them up and makes chaos on the stage.
"Byeeeee"

jamesster445

Smash Lord
While everyone was going on about Goku or Shrek(Though seriously where did this come from), a 4th party character who I think would be an awesome addition is Wreck it Ralph. This is probably never going to happen in a proper Smash game but if any 4th party character deserves to be in Smash it should be a "game" character.

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
My top would be Shadow the headgehog id buy him alone for like $10 XD
but others i really wanna see is

rayman
knuckles
crash bandicoot
spyro
scropion with a 0% chance of being included XD
gengar
conker we havent seen this foul mouth squirrel in wayyy too long
bomberman
chao those little things you can have a garden of in sonic adventueres
or chaos from sonic aka we need more sonic reps XD
and maybe add back previous characters like snake ice climbers and i want squirtle back!! :p

Top Bottom