• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you want but have little to no chance.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
From least to most wanted...

Villager (New Leaf) - Don't look at me this is the villager that SHOULD HAVE gotten in darn it!

Ice Climber(s) - Honestly, I still don't understand why they couldn't of just had it be one Ice Climber, and had the other one be an alt skin.

Young Link - I don't know what it is about me and wanting vets to return. That's a pretty unpopular opinion last I checked but whatever! Hero of Time is pretty darn great, and this is a list of personal bias right? Not characters we think would actually contribute, so therefore, Hero of Time for Smash, yes, please.

Big Boss/Solid Snake - Apparently Snake is super unpopular in terms of him being too realistic and whatnot, so he wasn't too popular with the fanbase, but I really enjoy Snake! Personally, I like Big Boss a bit more due to his characterization, but either of those two would be fine.

Phoenix Wright - I completely almost forgot this guy. I've played through all the Ace Attorney games, and I have to say, Phoenix is a pretty great VN Protag, and his UMVC3 moveset pretty much sold me on him being a unique joke character.

Rock Volnutt - He's my avatar at time of this post. I really like Mega Man Legends. MML3 why.

Persona 3 Protagonist - No I'm kidding I'm just super obsessed with Persona at the moment.

Avatar (FE14) - Hey why not? His whole dragon transforming thing could be a cool alternative to a manakete representative that doesn't really do the series justice due to being a minor character, personal opinion.

...And of course.

Chrom - Not going to say anything hateful or whatever, but hey, listen, I really like Chrom. His best bet is an alt skin or a Mii costume, and honestly, I'd be 100% satisfied if he's an alt skin of Ike or Roy. No, I'm not sure if Roy and Ryu are 100% confirmed, but that leak seems pretty legit, so I'll trust it.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I forgot another one:

Ax Battler, he comes from the Golden Axe series, but he has a couple of obscure spin-offs as well.
Specifically, this screenshot comes from the Game Gear game "Ax Battler: A Legend of Golden Axe", that's inspired by Zelda II on NES, and at the end of the game (after you do all the special trainings at the gyms), the character has a nice moveset that is already suited for the Smash Bros gameplay.
We have lots of swordmen but no barbarians with blue pants yet XD
He would be a very heavy swordman, similar to Ike, but his sword would be faster and some of his moves would involve brute force without using the sword at all, like ramming into enemies.
Basically, Ike + Marth + Cpt Falcon XD

Also, still from an obscure Game Gear game:

Lucia from Psychic World (the purple girl on the right).
She uses a special head device called ESP Booster, that allows her to use psychic powers.
She's a sort of Samus + Megaman, the main gimmick of this character is that you can change your psychic power by pressing B+down (it was 1+down or 2+down on Game Gear I think); kinda like Shulk. With psychic powers, she can fly, get temporary invincibility, freeze opponents, cause small explosions, shoot normal beams, water beams (less damage and more knockback) or wave beams (less or no knockback, but more damage).
There are various versions of the game (personally I think that the game gear one is the most fun, but it's also the shortest, it lasts around an hour), and in one of those versions, the character goes berserk when she discovers the thruth behind her adventure (Final Smash material).
The moveset potential is here, but the character is completely unknown.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI and Lip from Panel de Pon.

D

Deleted member

Chrom ... honestly, I'd be 100% satisfied if he's an alt skin of Ike or Roy.
You know, Ike has an alt skin based on Chrom...so you can always imagine. :)

But if that were enough for me, I wouldn't be wanting Daisy to actually be in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
no. we went over this. they do not explicitly say Geno is owned by nintendo

they say that the characters in the game are both owned by square and nintendo. mario is owned by nintendo. other characters arent. There is no official confirmation explicitely stated otherwise. Anything else is rampant speculation
I can talk more about this but I don't want to make a big deal here in this thread so I will stop

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
In the "rate their chances" thread, I nominated Ruroken's Saitou Hajime for the hell of it. But hey, I know full well that DLC is not gonna happen.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
You know, Ike has an alt skin based on Chrom...so you can always imagine. :)
Technically, there's an alternate costume that looks like said character's outfit, and then there's an actual alternate SKIN. Think Alph to Olimar, or what Lucina WAS going to be to Marth, or what Dark Pit was going to be to normal Pit.

D

Deleted member

Technically, there's an alternate costume that looks like said character's outfit, and then there's an actual alternate SKIN. Think Alph to Olimar, or what Lucina WAS going to be to Marth, or what Dark Pit was going to be to normal Pit.
I know what you meant, I just use the terminology differently. I would say Alph is an alt or an alt costume, and that otherwise characters have different color pallets or skins, referring to the texturing.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh I remembered one that has no chance.

Awwww yeeah RAWK HAWK
I seriously feel dumb to not have mentioned this prior....

Well, him:

Because i really love his throw style :)

And this is just the best roll ever:

Though, not only they have more chances, they are WAY more suited as AT.

In which case, IT'S AWESOME! :)

thelakitulad

Smash Rookie
NNID
tehelmoman
Given how he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, I think it's sad that the hype for this character is kind of gone.

...Expecting Isaac? TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!
Seriously though, besides being my favorite video game character of all time for a multitude of reasons, mainly how downright crazy he is (Crotch chop, anyone?), there's a surprising amount of potential for his moveset- People say he can't be in for being a spinoff character? Give him a moveset THEMED around the spinoffs! Make him the representation of Mario spinoffs, and incorporate some of his traits like his association with Piranha Plants and other grass-related stuff (Side-b could have a potted one bite out, which could even work as a tether, and his Mega Strike from Charged could be the basis for his Final Smash, where he gives a no holds-barred beatdown with his thorn whips) and ability to swim in midair. Sadly, even though I do think they would add AT characters if demand was big enough, since it'd be so easy to work around, everyone seems to dismiss him now. But to a dedicated member of the Waateam like me... hope will never die...
*bows*

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I know another unlikely character that I want, but had a chance in the past. Not only she had a fully detailed model made into trophy, but Sakurai said that very trophy was something you could have gotten if you won Classic Mode with her.

If only, if only...

cybersai

Smash Ace
All those Mario spinoff characters from the RPG's will likely never get in.

No Geno, no Paper Mario characters, no Fawful, etc. I doubt we'll ever see any of them.

AlRex

Smash Lord
[collapse=Already said]
Wave Race/1080 Snowboarding
Sub-Zero/Scorpion
Sami/Sturm/really any Advance Wars character from the first two
Gengar
Wart
Banjo & Kazooie
Shantae
Crash Bandicoot
Dark Samus
Waluigi
Professor Layton
Starman (Pro Wrestling) (Amazon would be cool, too)
Solid Snake
Bomberman
Simon Belmont
Viewtiful Joe
Ridley would be likely if someone else was directing it
Isaac
Shovel Knight
Prince of Persia
Birdo
Kid Goku
Dr. Robotnik
Meowth
Captain N
Everybody! Everybody! from Homestar Runner
Lip
Amaterasu
Ashley
Saria
Karate Joe
Adeline or however you spell it
Final Fantasy somebody
Malon
Simon from Gurren Lagaan
Tatanga
Sukapon
Mike Jones
Domokun
Ayumi Tachibana
[/collapse]

[collapse=Other characters]
Many other Punch-Out boxers
Col. Scott O'Connor (Kabuki Quantum Fighter)
Hal Bailman (Air Fortress)
Karnov
The Battletoads
Killer Instinct characters
Terry Bogard, Mai Shiranui, Tizoc, Fio Germi...a lot of SNK people, actually.
Earthworm Jim
Sinistar
Tetris something
Popeye (The only cartoon that should be in, really. There are reasons.)
James Bond (only because he was somewhat considered at some point)
The Ninja Turtles (It actually seemed like a decent running video game series in the NES/SNES days, with the four beat-em-ups and a fighter.)
Filthy Frank (...not really...)
[/collapse]

I also wish a REALLY GOOD Smash Bros.-type game existed for other series/media. I heard the Jump games were alright, and I like how that looked, but I'd like to see more widely available ones.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
I know what you meant, I just use the terminology differently. I would say Alph is an alt or an alt costume, and that otherwise characters have different color pallets or skins, referring to the texturing.
Yeah I think the terminology for this sort of thing is awkward in itself, back in Brawl, an alt costume was used to refer to like Wario's overalls, so I'm always afraid that unless I say "alt skin" then people will misunderstand and think that I mean a color swap or something.

D

Deleted member

I want Shovel Knight, Brash the Bear, Tingle, Dillon, Riki, Waluigi, Ridley, and Grovyle from PMD but they have 0.01% chance each. Shovel Knight is an Indie character, Brash the Bear is obscure, Grovyle is just another Pokemon from a 5 year old spinoff title, and the others are NPCs.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Crash Bandicoot, maybe?... I didn't mention him in the thread of "all the characters you want", 'cause by this exactly state of his possibility: nonexistent... doesn't mean that wouldn't be awesome, though.

worth of mention here, at least. =P

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
well, plz don't hate me, I know they'll never get in, but...

Steve from Minecraft and the Engineer from Team Fortress 2.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I think I forgot another couple of charcters:

Kurt Hectic (MDK)

It would be a mix of Snake and Samus (not a semiclone, just inspired).
He's a sniper, a sort of super-hero inspired by occidental comic, but despite the appearance, his games are full of humor and you can't take them too much seriously XD
In short, there are some gigantic machines called "Minecrawlers" that are destroying some of the biggest cities of the Earth. Kurt launches onto them (the minecrawlers are very big, as big as a small/medium city) from the space ship "Jim Dandy" and obviously he must destroy everything. In MDK2, the story becomes a bit more complex, but the beginning is the same.
He has 2 friends who are Max, a dog with 4 arms for massive destruction, and Doc, who's a mad scientist who creates atomic weapons out of toasters and bread. His final smash could either be the smallest atomic bomb in the world, or calling max with his flying ship and launching bombs on the stage.

EDIT: Also, the minecrawlers have very creative designs, I wouldn't mind a stage on a minecrawler, moving from the interior to the exteiror of it and seeing the mindblowing environment.

And Worm, from Worms

The game was pretty popular in the last decade, and it already shares some mechanics with the Smash Bros series; it won't be hard to figure out a moveset for this character... to be honest, it would be hard to simplify all the iconic weapons and moves from the Worms series into a single moveset.
Final smash? Holy Granade? Banana Bomb? Super Sheep? Sudden Death (the stage is flooded with instant KO water)? etc...

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Anna, Tharja and FE14 Female Avatar(Fire Emblem).
Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid)
Louie (Pikmin)
Happy Mask Salesman (Zelda)

These characters' inclusion would kill me fot too much hype in my blood!

D

Deleted member

Armillo would also be cool:

He can roll, jump, boost attack, slam the ground as a block...maybe even the blue critters could help him out. :) But...he'd probably work better as an Assist Trophy.

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
I have a few radical picks. They are from most wanted to least wanted:

1. James Bond
2. Serious Sam
3. Spider Man (don't hate me.)
4. Crash Bandicoot

I heard James Bond was considered for both Smash 64 and Melee. :surprised:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

What makes people think Banjo is so deserving of a spot? Because he "was" on Nintendo?
So was this guy and I think it would be neat to see Slash get in. But it will never happen. Atlus doesn't know how to make non Persona games now anyways lol

D

Deleted member

I have a few radical picks. They are from most wanted to least wanted:

1. James Bond
2. Serious Sam
3. Spider Man (don't hate me.)
4. Crash Bandicoot

I heard James Bond was considered for both Smash 64 and Melee. :surprised:
I actually think Spider-Man would be soooo cool.

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
Kumatora and Bomberman. Both seem unlikely at this point. Kumatora is mostly only known in Japan from MOTHER 3, and we already got Lucas anyways, not much need for another character from the main 4. Bomberman, on the other hand, is kind of a dead series at this point, and isn't as popular as it used to be.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
It'll never happen, but I think Aegislash would make for a really interesting fighter with his Blade and Shield form mechanic in the Pokemon games. He could perhaps swap on the fly between a quick glass cannon and a slow tank with a special move in a similar fashion to Shulk's Monado Arts.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
If I had to pick from an unlikely pool... Probably this guy, right here:

The Drawn to Life hero on the DS titles Drawn to Life and Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter. As a child, this series of games was my favorite of all time, even succeeding Pokemon for a little while. The story was rich, the gameplay was decent, and the characters were amazing. In his moveset, they could utilize the many different types of moves and drawing abilities that the Hero gets. For example, you can draw your own clouds and hop on them, everywhere. There's also a section where you draw a path out of ink to get to the next level in the second game. There is a lot of moveset potential with this character. However, not many people know about the DtL games. As far as I know, it wasn't too popular because of the abrupt ending the second game had. It was created by the same people as Scribblenauts, which was a game doing far better at the time. This was the one that was destined to go, sadly. The concept had so much potential, too. With his hypothetical conclusion in Smash 4 though, it can open up possibilities for a new, third game and breathe life back into a series that I love with all of my heart.

Top Bottom