• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you don't want to see in Brawl!

Sensai

Smash Master
SonicZeroX said:
No Sephiroth please.
Once again, /signed.

kilroy said:
characters to exclude:

all anime
all square-enix (with the exception of Mario RPG)
all xbox
all street fighter/mortal kombat/soul calibur/guilty gear/whatever fighting game...
all comics
99.8% of PS/2
anything without limbs (metroids, boos, goombas, etc.)
koopa troopers
Tingle (we've worked so hard to make him disappear, don't bring him back)
I agree with all of this excluding:

some of the EARLY FF's (i.e., the one's on Nintendo) and Chrono Trigger.
And I'd like to add the .2% to the PS/2 part.
Koopa Troopa's could be cool. I wouldn't mind it. I mean, I'd choose just about anyone OVER them, but they wouldn't be all that bad.
Tingle can come too. I LIKE beating him up.

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
haha imagine Tingle in a 1 vs 1 match with the Balloon Fighter!!!

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
They should use tingle for a block move like they did with toad. Becuase some people like toad, but most people hate tingle, so if he gets the crap beat out of him I won't care, but they should change peaches b move because I don't like toad getting totally bombarded with blows.

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
hahahahahahaha imagine Ganondorf using Tingle 4 a block move!!!!! :D

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Redhairedpenguin12 said:
They should change Peach's B move because I don't like Toad getting totally bombarded with blows.
Amen. :) Not just because I <3 Toad, but partially because it was kind of a crappy move.

Nurok

Smash Lord
You notice how saying that you don't want Snake in the game wont change much?
LIVE WITH IT
stop crying.
idc who is in the game, only if the game itself is beast.
:D
-edun

FoxDash

Smash Cadet
Whos Blaziken? I keep hearing people wanting him for smash. Throwing Snake in the Mix is a good idea its like adding Whoop cream to already delicous Pie mmmmm.......piiiieeee.

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
Snake simply doesn't fit into the Smash Bros. series, I'd rather he wasn't there.

Nintendo probably won't get rid of any characters, but if they do, I'd like to see Pichu, Jigglypuff and Ice Climbers go.

And no more pokemon Nintendo, PLEASE! It's not a pokemon game!

Oh, and no Nintendogs, they simply would NOT fit in!

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
FoxDash said:
Whos Blaziken? I keep hearing people wanting him for smash. Throwing Snake in the Mix is a good idea its like adding Whoop cream to already delicous Pie mmmmm.......piiiieeee.
Blaziken is a pokemon (I think).

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
You know what's funny?

Mario: 6 characters
Legend of Zelda: 5 characters
Pokemon: 4 characters

Pokemon has too many characters, and yet it's Nintendo's second best selling series? Don't make me laugh. More Pokemon characters have every right to be in this game, just like Mario and Zelda characters.

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
Yukiwarashi said:
You know what's funny?

Mario: 6 characters
Legend of Zelda: 5 characters
Pokemon: 4 characters

Pokemon has too many characters, and yet it's Nintendo's second best selling series? Don't make me laugh. More Pokemon characters have every right to be in this game, just like Mario and Zelda characters.
Oh yeah, why don't we just add them all... :psycho:

The less pokemon the better.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
First I'd just like to say I agree w/ Kilroy and Smash~bomber for the most part

Blaziken is a Pokemon from the Ruby/Sapphire series that's a final evolution similar to that of Charizard. People want him in because he looks like a fighter (he's a fighting/fire type). But I have no reason for him in and disagree - Pokemon are in because it's a big franchise and Blaziken isn't a known Pokemon (obviously as FoxDash demonstrated for me) so no him. But face it, Pokemon will be in it and most likely Ruby/Sapphire or Diamond/Pearl. (Prepare for Munchlax)

As for FF games - Cloud and Seph...no...sorry but they're known for the PS and same goes with Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Not on Nintendo ever, thank you very much. (Though I wish it was)

Let's see- Sonic is NOW inevitable...but I'd prefer not to see any of his comrades in this one. Maybe in SSB4 we can have Tails OR Knuckles.

But the big problem I have with third party characters it the legal stuff. If and when they make a sequel to this on the system after Wii (one per console remember?) then its not a gurantee that the 3rd party people will be back. Same goes with anime (which will put the game to such a horrible low that I'd rather be gutted by Link's sword than have them in it) and superheroes...yea no X-men or stuff like that (I had someone tell me they should be in it...they're lucky I didnt punch them in the face)

If anything since Kojima begged they probably have him signing some waiver that says they can use Snake in all sequels (face it to those who want Pichu or Mewtwo or whatever gone it ain't gonna happen) and same will happen to all other 3rd party characters.

What I don't wanna see is basically 100 crappy 3rd party characters and a few Nintendo characters thrown into the mix. No Wind Waker Link (costume for Y. Link would be awesome!), Koopas and all of them are enemies/items already (remember All-Star Mode and during the game some of them come out of boxes?), Toad will be in (Survey said Wario and Toad most wanted characters), but hopefully no Ridley or giant bosses (Bowser is enough) unless they make them actual bosses.

Truthfully I wouldn't mind Megaman (clone of Samus anyone?) but Pacman (ugh) just doesn't work in a 3-D enviroment to me (I hate PacWorld) and his move list would suck! Same with Forgger and all the other arcade games.

Oh and to those who are doubting Banjo and Kazooie...Rare IS making Diddy Kong Racing DS ya know...So don't count them out either *waits for people to flame him for that*

Other no nos...no Mew or the "extra" Pokemon (they're already in Pokeballs...c'mon) and umm...well I hope for certain Mario characters to not be in (sadly Waluigi, Boo and all them make it feel like we're playing Mario Party with Snake and Link...and i hate Mario Party- its a bored game for a reason)

I hope Nintendo doesn't go the route though of adding old characters with new weapons (Zero Suit Samus is in but Vacuum Luigi and Fludd Mario- ugh...)

Oh and I don't want AC characters...that's just stupid...what would you do dig a hole with a shovel for a move? And don't give me the custom character BS because that's worse than digging the hole...I would rather dig the freaking hole...and for Mr Resetti? B is complain about resetting the game...which makes everyone put the zapper shell on their unused wii remote and hope it works in real life

Finally I'd love to never see real people...that's the point where I stop buying the game...

Though I'll be truthful- I'd hate it if Tekken or fighters were in it but you have to admit that freezing Mario with Subzero would be so kewl...

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
Please, PLEASE no more sub-characters of the same characters.

We don't need yet another Mario, we don't need more Links (although adult Link should be able to transform), and we don't need two Luigis either.

And please, PLEASE no Soul Calibur or Tekken characters!

As for Sonic, he'd be pretty cool, but I'd rather it was Nintendo-only characters.

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
I don't really want Waluigi in there either, I just can't imagine how he could possibly be a decent fighter.

Although I'm very happy that Wario is in it, he should kick some ***!

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
WarioFartPower said:
we don't need more Links (although adult Link should be able to transform),
Never...his transformation in TP made me look twice...and there's no changing moves...

that's why we have Zero Suit Samus...that and cuz Nintendo wanted to bring the PS and xbox fanboys to look at Wii...same w/ Snake...boobs and guns = fun...

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
I dont want to see handicap charactors like ssbm pichu(Hes still my main though) or kirby(i somtimes use him cuz hes kirby)

I dont wonna see ff charactors
no waluigi(wario is funny though) WARIO FOR TOP TIER WITH HIS FARTING ATTACK!
no "n***er stole my bike" person
no crappy way of calling a mode "adventure" mode

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
People are so opposed to third party characters but I don't see why. The characters in Smash weren't all created by one person. Just because a character appeared on a different system, that character shouldn't be in the game? The fact that it is a collision of the creations of many is what makes the game so great.

Names like Sonic or Cloud could have just as easily belonged to Nintendo and all the fanboys would have begged for them in the game.

Stinkoman

Smash Apprentice
"NO" Characters:
-Pac-man(He's a yellow head with a big triangle mouth. What can he do besides eat the little people?)
-Any Pokemon
-Ridley
-Daisy
-Waluigi
-Toad
I can't really think of any more right now.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Waluigi could be a heavy, quicker luigi. His hits could be sharp, yet significantly weaker, but much faster. Clone yes. Bad, absolutely not.

Oh, and more pokemon. I want at least about 10 pokemon, but not the cute ones, the kickass ones.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
I'd like to take this opportunity to tell everyone who posted saying they want no more clones, or no more Poke'mon, or to actually remove a character from the game, that I hate them. Very much.

To lay some **** straight for you forementioned idiots:

1) Fighting games ALWAYS have clones. Always have, always will. They are last minute additions to the game to fill it out. You ******* didn't actually think they planned to have two characters that are almost identical did you? Because if you're actually entertaining that notion, then I feel that I, and the few other people in this thread with scraps of actual intelligence, have failed.

2) Nintendo aren't going to stop using one of their largest sources of potential new characters. Seriously, what is this ****? "Please don't put any more Poke'mon in! I'm so insecure about my manliness that the presence of another Poke'mon will make all my friends hate me and call me a doo doo head!"? What's the matter with you? Firstly, you actually considered the odds of them not putting Poke'mon in the game significant, and then you march in here and tell people, in your infinite wisdom "lol yea, pokey mon sr r gay!". Back the hell up out of my face.

3) Thirdly, and let me make this clear, this is my most aggravating annoyance, you seem to think it's fair, and, more strangely, game ruining in the non-event of, to remove a certain character. I've got to clarify, are you people real? I mean, are you actually that inconsiderate? I shouldn't be allowed to play as the Doc meister because YOU don't like clones? What's wrong with you? I also heard someone say remove Ness. Which, impossible though I first thought it might be, is even more ******** than removing clones.

Why must you punish me Smashboards? Have I not been just?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Yeah, asking to remove characters is just stupid. Really stupid.

Deep down, I don't really care who is in and who isn't. So long as they're fun to play/fight, I won't really mind. I'd prefer only Nintendo characters, but if not, so be it. Meh, other than that...

Impp

Smash Ace
****, Mud Buddha find Jesus, take a pill or meditate or something. I don't know, I guess we need a rant once in a while, but calling people unintelligent or ******** is kinda mean.

As for clones... Okay, I'm glad Ganon was in the last game, and I know there's a deadline and everything, but I would've rather had the game pushed back however long, than have him in as a clone of Captain Falcon. That was a tad dissapointing for me, as well as for some others. He would've been raw with a unique moveset. Dr.Mario and the rest were cool, though. As clones they actually made sense; however, they would've been better more declonifined. So my interpretation of the non-clone viewpoint is that most people would rather have them in as clones, than not at all, but would rather have them unique, than have the game put out a couple months earlier. Clones can have the appearance of making a game look shoddy and rushed.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Definately no more pokemon or anything more from the pokemon universe. I will cry if I see pacman or bomberman, horrible idea all together. More clones would piss me off too.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
I honestly wouldn't prefer they change the clones. I love Doc's moves, I don't want any to change. If they did (and to be honest who are they going to change Mario or Doc?) I wouldn't like playing as him. Believe it or not, I don't like playing as Mario, at all. Doc is my Jesus.

Clones have the effect of making a game appear shoddy and rushed? In comparison to what? Tekken? Nope. Soul Calibur? Nope. Street Fighter? Nope.

It's been my point through and through, all fighting games have clones, and always will do.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Zodiak-Lucien said:
Definately no more pokemon or anything more from the pokemon universe. I will cry if I see pacman or bomberman, horrible idea all together. More clones would piss me off too.
What if they jsut put ash in and made his b projectile poke balls? That would be worse than any pokemon!

Master WGS

Smash Lord
You know, I just feel like posting this, though I'm sure I'll get flamed for it.

Why is there so much hating on the clones? I mean, sure, there isn't anything really new about them, but they could take characters that you don't like, use their movesets, and make them good for you.

Take Falco for me. I always thought Fox was a tad lacking in things like his nuetral B laser, his fastfallyness, and his smash attacks (save his upsmash). Then came Falco who, though slower and weaker upsmash, fixed many of the things I hated. There ye have it, a successful clone. Same with Dr. Mario. Sure, he's slower than his plumber self, but he hits harder. A lot harder. He's another good example of a successful clone.

I agree, I'd like different people, but a slow/really strong version of Fox in the form of Starwolf? A fast/weaker form of Bowser in the form of Bowser Jr? I'm all over that. That works for me. Idunno, just my thoughts...

mookie

Smash Rookie
I think that the crucial L-shaped block from tetris should be in the game...
Just imagine...fighting a block?
Oooo and its special move could be spinng really fast so it looks like a nazi swastika...
that'd go over quite well

Sonic for Brawl man sonic for brawl

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Master WGS said:
You know, I just feel like posting this, though I'm sure I'll get flamed for it.

Why is there so much hating on the clones? I mean, sure, there isn't anything really new about them, but they could take characters that you don't like, use their movesets, and make them good for you.

Take Falco for me. I always thought Fox was a tad lacking in things like his nuetral B laser, his fastfallyness, and his smash attacks (save his upsmash). Then came Falco who, though slower and weaker upsmash, fixed many of the things I hated. There ye have it, a successful clone. Same with Dr. Mario. Sure, he's slower than his plumber self, but he hits harder. A lot harder. He's another good example of a successful clone.

I agree, I'd like different people, but a slow/really strong version of Fox in the form of Starwolf? A fast/weaker form of Bowser in the form of Bowser Jr? I'm all over that. That works for me. Idunno, just my thoughts...
its more of the fact that there is a lot of clones and that clones could prevent other original characters from being in the game.

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
I like some clones just pichu kind of annoys me he beats the crap out of himself, other then that the characters are pretty good, except they got to change Gannondorf's moves.

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice

[]all anime
all square-enix (with the exception of Mario RPG)
all xbox
all street fighter/mortal kombat/soul calibur/guilty gear/whatever fighting game...
all comics
99.8% of PS/2
anything without limbs (metroids, boos, goombas, etc.)
koopa troopers
Tingle (we've worked so hard to make him disappear, don't bring him back)[]

What I'm Arguing with you(and everybody else) on is

All PS2-Resident Evil could work, as well as Katamari Damaci(I would love to see that series on the Wii) could work as an Item or Super Attack. Rachet and Klank=No, Crash Bandicoot=No, Spyro=No, Dante=Could work, but No.

Pokemon= Pichu could definitely make use of a superpowerful attack with Plusle and Minun that heals him, making him more balanced. Raichu with the super attacks already in is just redundant, Give us a Surfing Pikachu!

Sonic: The Classic Mario vs Sonic rivalry is already a huge aspect of Nintendo culture, the only reason why all of us are so upset is the EGM joke. Grow up, Melee already loses it's Nintendo-ness after you play it a billion times, and becomes more of a serious tournament game like Street Fighter, instead of the fun-for-all party game like the original Smash Bros was. They should focus on making Brawl a mix of the 2 flavors, with some 3rd party characters for added spice.

Pacman-They could give him a unique moveset like what they did Ice Climbers or Mr Game and Watch. After all, Nintendo needs to reward Namco for all the work they've done on several games, like Star Fox Assault and Mario Baseball

Megaman-He's been on so many friggen NES and SNES games, that it's inevitable

All Comics-Popeye was once a Nintendo character, but I don't see him in Brawl, since Mr. Game and Watch is very much like Popeye.

Square-Enix=Old School Final Fantasies and Chrono Trigger could work. Particularly Kefka(Kefka vs Pit or Kefka vs Ganondorf), Cecil(transform between Dark Knight and Paladin), Kain(or Terra and Celes)( we need a Dragoon that's also a Spear-user), and Mog for Final Fantasy is what I want.

What I don't want is:

Blaziken-Too much like Captain Falcon on many areas

All Anime-(Super Saiyan)Goku with (Super) Sonic possibly already in would be redundant and a waste of programming time and energy

All Street Fighter/Other fighting games- Mario already has Ryu's Shotokan, which makes
Street Fighter characters redundant. Dhalsim would have way too much range with his attacks. Spiderman=No

Cloud and Sephiroth- I personally am very much divided on Cloud and Sephiroth, but then again, weren't they once in Ehrgeiz? Kefka seems to be more of the type of character for Brawl and they could Sora in a pun, but they would extremely serious legal problems. Old School Final Fantasies need more recognition since they built the series and right now, the new Final Fantasy's losing more of it's heart and soul that it once had in.

Hammer Bros-Redundant and stupid; Ice Climbers take up way too much of the space for Hammer Bros, making them a waste

Clones-They're just Fillers, nothing more. Hector as a character would introduce Eliwood and Lyn(which are clones) in, so I'd think Greil's better. We don't need Daisy in it, Captain Syrup would be so much better than Waluigi, and would be an excellent partner for Wario. Shadow the Hedgehog? No, put Tails, Knuckles, and Dr.Robotnik in instead, at least they're from the Genesis vs SNES years.

DD151

Smash Journeyman
Zodiak-Lucien said:
its more of the fact that there is a lot of clones and that clones could prevent other original characters from being in the game.
I believe Mud Buddha has already stated that clones were added in a rush to complete the game on time, so at that time all the original character ideas already would have been considered.

I don't quite understand why people hate Pokemon so much; the concept was original and a great hit, and it's also one of Nintendo's best sellers, so they should definitely deserve as many characters in the next title as Zelda or Mario. It just seems that so many of you are clouded by your prejudice against Pokemon to give it a chance.

Give me one valid reason why more Pokemon should not be added in SSBB, and don't say "lol 5 characters will be too many" or "Pokemon sux".

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
Mud Buddha said:
I'd like to take this opportunity to tell everyone who posted saying they want no more clones, or no more Poke'mon, or to actually remove a character from the game, that I hate them. Very much.
Oh dear, that's like a knife ripping through our hearts...

To lay some **** straight for you forementioned idiots:

1) Fighting games ALWAYS have clones. Always have, always will. They are last minute additions to the game to fill it out. You ******* didn't actually think they planned to have two characters that are almost identical did you? Because if you're actually entertaining that notion, then I feel that I, and the few other people in this thread with scraps of actual intelligence, have failed.
Oh well, I guess that settles it then. Since fighting games have "always had clones", then SSBB HAVE to do the same. I suppose you want 6 of the same character, yes? :laugh:

2) Nintendo aren't going to stop using one of their largest sources of potential new characters. Seriously, what is this ****? "Please don't put any more Poke'mon in! I'm so insecure about my manliness that the presence of another Poke'mon will make all my friends hate me and call me a doo doo head!"? What's the matter with you? Firstly, you actually considered the odds of them not putting Poke'mon in the game significant, and then you march in here and tell people, in your infinite wisdom "lol yea, pokey mon sr r gay!". Back the hell up out of my face.
Nobody is "in your face".

The fact is, people don't want to see countless more pokemon in SSBB. There are already pokeballs in the game which you can throw, why the need for more of them as playable characters? This is Smash Bros. not Pokemon Stadium.

3) Thirdly, and let me make this clear, this is my most aggravating annoyance, you seem to think it's fair, and, more strangely, game ruining in the non-event of, to remove a certain character. I've got to clarify, are you people real? I mean, are you actually that inconsiderate? I shouldn't be allowed to play as the Doc meister because YOU don't like clones? What's wrong with you? I also heard someone say remove Ness. Which, impossible though I first thought it might be, is even more ******** than removing clones.
Do you honestly think that characters like Jigglypuff and Pichu add spice to the game? Do you think they are beneficial to the game? No, they're not, hence why so many people don't want them in SSBB. They add nothing to the game, much better characters could take their places.

This is an open forum and people may express their opinions as they wish. If you can't handle that, don't go and cry in the corner about it and then come on here making immature little rants.

It won't win you any respect ;)

Top Bottom