- Jul 2, 2018
Ok I know I’m definitely going to be hated and possibly even killed for this, but screw it, Crash Bandicoot! Never found anything appealing about his series or even the character himself, always found it a desperate attempt from PlayStation at rivaling with Nintendo’s Super Mario, so I really don’t see any hype, and I find him far more fitting in that PlayStation all stars mumbo jumbo.
Don’t bother trying to change my mind, please.
Finally someone who agrees. I just dislike Crash. But finally another person who dosen't support Crash.
As a big supporter of Crash Bandicoot who is my most wanted 3rd party newcomer after Banjo-Kazooie, I personally hope he makes it in.Not to be rude or anything but how no imagination? Doomguy has got tons of weapons to choose from, and he’s not restricted to his glory kills as those were just an innovation on Doom 4. Plus the marine is like the grandfather of FPS, and has fair history with Nintendo. He’s like the perfect shooter rep along with Duke Nukem imo.
I honestly never saw anything special about him either.
Current Most Wanted 1st Party:
Inteleon (Pokemon/8th Generation)
Current Most Wanted 3rd Party:
Master Chief (Halo)
Whether you like or hate Crash Bandicoot there's no denying he checks off a lot of boxes, Makes a ton of sense and has the "Star Power" on what it takes to make an E3 size splash in Smash.
- Former de facto mascot for Sony's Playstation brand and Gaming icon.
- One of the more if not most popular platforming mascots in gaming after Mario, Sonic and Donkey Kong from a legacy and sales perspective and a pioneer for the 3D platforming genre and his rivalry against Mario is only 2nd after Sonic the Hedgehog.
- The old school/playground arguement of who would win in a fight between Sonic and Mario was fulfilled back in Brawl, Many want to see Mario and Crash rumble as it's another dream fight that has been nearly 25 years in the making.
- The franchise has been very successfully revived, N'sane Trilogy has surpassed more than "10 million" in sales across all platforms and wouldn't be surprised when CTR Nitro Fueled sales get released and it's up there with similar sale numbers seeing just how like N'sane Trilogy it was very well received.
- Activision has future plans for the franchise and has collaborated in the past with Nintendo on side content like Donkey Kong and Bowser in Skylanders which Crash was also in.
- Though his moveset isn't really flashy and pretty straight forward, You can say that for a lot of platforming mascots in Smash including Mario, Sonic, DK and Banjo-Kazooie and translates well into Smash seeing how it's a platform fighter.
- Speaking of the characters I mentioned above, Crash Bandicoot would fit in very well with the majority of the Nintendo/Platforming cast with his wacky and cartoony animal design.
Not trying to convince any of you to like him, You can't please everyone, Even I have characters that I don't like and would hate to see in Smash, But I can understand people's arguements pitching certain characters.
But you can at least understand why he has a solid amount of support and ranks up there on a lot of Top 5-10 polls and YouTube Smash DLC videos.
No one is a guaranteed lock, But when Super Smash Bros Ultimate pride's itself in being the biggest crossover in video game history and "Most" of the guest characters are icons and significant names that have made impact, Crash Bandicoot especially in current terms of western gaming and platforming mascots almost seems like a somewhat safe bet alongside Rayman for Season 2.
Hell, Even Nintendo themselves recognizes what Crash Bandicoot has done for gaming.