• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters who have MORE support than you’d expect

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Ok I know I’m definitely going to be hated and possibly even killed for this, but screw it, Crash Bandicoot! Never found anything appealing about his series or even the character himself, always found it a desperate attempt from PlayStation at rivaling with Nintendo’s Super Mario, so I really don’t see any hype, and I find him far more fitting in that PlayStation all stars mumbo jumbo.
Don’t bother trying to change my mind, please.
Finally someone who agrees. I just dislike Crash. :ohwell: But finally another person who dosen't support Crash.
Not to be rude or anything but how no imagination? Doomguy has got tons of weapons to choose from, and he’s not restricted to his glory kills as those were just an innovation on Doom 4. Plus the marine is like the grandfather of FPS, and has fair history with Nintendo. He’s like the perfect shooter rep along with Duke Nukem imo.

I honestly never saw anything special about him either.
As a big supporter of Crash Bandicoot who is my most wanted 3rd party newcomer after Banjo-Kazooie, I personally hope he makes it in.

Current Most Wanted 1st Party:
Inteleon (Pokemon/8th Generation)

Current Most Wanted 3rd Party:
Crash Bandicoot
Master Chief (Halo)

Whether you like or hate Crash Bandicoot there's no denying he checks off a lot of boxes, Makes a ton of sense and has the "Star Power" on what it takes to make an E3 size splash in Smash.

- Former de facto mascot for Sony's Playstation brand and Gaming icon.

- One of the more if not most popular platforming mascots in gaming after Mario, Sonic and Donkey Kong from a legacy and sales perspective and a pioneer for the 3D platforming genre and his rivalry against Mario is only 2nd after Sonic the Hedgehog.

- The old school/playground arguement of who would win in a fight between Sonic and Mario was fulfilled back in Brawl, Many want to see Mario and Crash rumble as it's another dream fight that has been nearly 25 years in the making.

- The franchise has been very successfully revived, N'sane Trilogy has surpassed more than "10 million" in sales across all platforms and wouldn't be surprised when CTR Nitro Fueled sales get released and it's up there with similar sale numbers seeing just how like N'sane Trilogy it was very well received.

- Activision has future plans for the franchise and has collaborated in the past with Nintendo on side content like Donkey Kong and Bowser in Skylanders which Crash was also in.

- Though his moveset isn't really flashy and pretty straight forward, You can say that for a lot of platforming mascots in Smash including Mario, Sonic, DK and Banjo-Kazooie and translates well into Smash seeing how it's a platform fighter.

- Speaking of the characters I mentioned above, Crash Bandicoot would fit in very well with the majority of the Nintendo/Platforming cast with his wacky and cartoony animal design.

Not trying to convince any of you to like him, You can't please everyone, Even I have characters that I don't like and would hate to see in Smash, But I can understand people's arguements pitching certain characters.

But you can at least understand why he has a solid amount of support and ranks up there on a lot of Top 5-10 polls and YouTube Smash DLC videos.

No one is a guaranteed lock, But when Super Smash Bros Ultimate pride's itself in being the biggest crossover in video game history and "Most" of the guest characters are icons and significant names that have made impact, Crash Bandicoot especially in current terms of western gaming and platforming mascots almost seems like a somewhat safe bet alongside Rayman for Season 2.

Hell, Even Nintendo themselves recognizes what Crash Bandicoot has done for gaming.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
As a big supporter of Crash Bandicoot who is my most wanted 3rd party newcomer after Banjo-Kazooie, I personally hope he makes it in.

Whether you like or hate Crash Bandicoot there's no denying he checks off a lot of boxes, Makes a ton of sense and has the "Star Power" on what it takes to make an E3 size splash in Smash.

- Former de facto mascot for Sony's Playstation brand and Gaming icon.

- One of the more if not most popular platforming mascot in gaming after Mario, Sonic and Donkey Kong from a legacy and sales perspective and a pioneer for the 3D platforming genre and his rivalry against Mario is only 2nd after Sonic the Hedgehog.

- The old school/playground arguement of who would win in a fight between Sonic and Mario was fulfilled back in Brawl, Many want to see Mario and Crash rumble as it's another dream fight that has been nearly 25 years in the making.

- The franchise has been very successfully revived, N'sane Trilogy has surpassed more than "10 million" in sales across all platforms and wouldn't be surprised when CTR Nitro Fueled sales get released it's up there with similar numbers seeing just how like N'sane Trilogy it was very well received.

- Activision has future plans for the franchise and has collaborated in the past with Nintendo on side content like Donkey Kong and Bowser in Skylanders which Crash was also in.

- Though his moveset isn't really flashy and pretty straight forward, You can say that for a lot of platforming mascots in Smash including Mario, Sonic, DK and Banjo-Kazooie and translates well into Smash seeing how it's a platform fighter.

- Speaking of the characters I mentioned above, Crash Bandicoot would fit in very well with the majority of the Nintendo/Platforming cast with his wacky and cartoony animal design.

Not trying to convince any of you to like him, You can't please everyone, But you can at least understand why he has a solid amount of support and ranks up there on a lot of Top 5-10 polls and YouTube Smash DLC videos.

No one is a guaranteed lock, But when Super Smash Bros Ultimate pride's itself in being the biggest crossover in video game history and "Most" of the guest characters are icons and significant names that have made impact, Crash Bandicoot especially in current terms of western gaming and platforming mascots almost seems like a somewhat safe bet alongside Rayman for Season 2.

Hell, Even Nintendo themselves recognizes what Crash Bandicoot has done for gaming.

View attachment 267531
The Skylanders thing was because of the wii us poor sales and they let any third party who joined in the early days have some add on content as a reward, if I remember correctly.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The Skylanders thing was because of the wii us poor sales and they let any third party who joined in the early days have some add on content as a reward, if I remember correctly.
Switch had the opposite launch of Wii U and started out hot and successful and Nintendo still managed to collaborate with Ubisoft for them to develop Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle and later on add DK Adventure DLC.

Meh, I could give a **** about Skylanders, But Nintendo is very protective of their IP's and they don't just hand them to anyone (Especially western companies) all willy nilly so it's still somewhat interesting and notable they let DK and Bowser appear there as playable characters even if that collaboration with Activision wasn't as big as Ubisofts.

But the regarding the rest of my post regarding Crash Bandicoot stands true.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Adeleine, i really though i was the only person to remember this character before joining smashboards.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Sadly, Smashboards is pretty much the only site where I find some support and demand for Adeleine.
That's sadly true, she's so unpopular that i'm pretty sure that's the reason she's not in smash in any shape or form.
Perhaps she was just forgotten.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Sora.
Like, I get that people like him, but he's never coming. He's a Disney property and a spinoff of the Mickey Mouse series. Sakurai would never **** with that. It'd be like adding The Moon theme from Duck Tales. Yea, it originated in a video game, but it's existentially tied to the Donald Duck series.
I get **** every time I bring this up, but it's an unfortunate truth that Sora is in the same boat.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Sora.
Like, I get that people like him, but he's never coming. He's a Disney property and a spinoff of the Mickey Mouse series. Sakurai would never **** with that. It'd be like adding The Moon theme from Duck Tales. Yea, it originated in a video game, but it's existentially tied to the Donald Duck series.
I get **** every time I bring this up, but it's an unfortunate truth that Sora is in the same boat.
I agree with you.
I like to imagine Sora trying to get into Smash but gets but gets kicked out every time ending with Mickey himself dragging Sora away as the mouse grumbles angrily about him doing this too many times.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sora.
hes not a spin off from mickey mouse, hes a crossover original

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Adeleine, i really though i was the only person to remember this character before joining smashboards.
Thought the same as you.
Sora.
Finally someone gets me on this too.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, never mind that KH isn't a Mickey Mouse spin-off. It's a crossover starring Sora that incorporates Disney and Final Fantasy characters. It's not a spin-off of anything whatsoever. It's more like a separate fanfction.

Disney isn't the easiest to work with, but Nintendo's choosing the DLC and all Sakurai is mainly doing is making sure the character can work. It's absolutely possible that Disney is too difficult to work with when it comes to licensing. But Nintendo doesn't really care about stuff beyond business, and those "small details" are on Sakurai, anyway. Besides that, stuff like Spirits(as in small cameos) aren't necessarily equivalent to playable characters. So it may not matter either. However, it's not like KH has only Disney/FF stuff. It has a ton of unique characters that it can draw from where the most Disney content might be the Mickey keychain on his Keyblade. That's iconic enough to keep(Brawl's Chronicle had a Mickey Mouse game listed, so clearly small stuff isn't a problem in itself for what Sakurai thinks).

You know what started as a spin-off? Persona. But it was mainly just a retake on the world's settings and reusing monsters. And that's it. It has no real ties to SMT beyond that. In fact, the US is a misleading title, since it acted like it was part of the same series of games. That was never the case in Japan. The US, just like how it created the name Robotnik, created its own idea that they're highly connected. Atlus eventually clarified they're entirely separate series, thankfully, to remove that silly notion. They're no denying it's a spin-off regardless. The thing is? KH isn't even like this. It never spun off from FF or Disney properties. It instead was an idea to combine both worlds while having a bunch of Original Characters(which is why it's like a fanfiction).

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I don't really support Sora, but I would like to see him just to see the internet go wild.
Btw, I've seen Isaac pop up here some times. How do you feel about us Isaac fans? Good? Annoying? No opinion?

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I don't really support Sora, but I would like to see him just to see the internet go wild.
Btw, I've seen Isaac pop up here some times. How do you feel about us Isaac fans? Good? Annoying? No opinion?
I support Sora and Isaac. I just don't see Sora coming like... ever.
As far as the Isaac fanbase goes, they've been very patient, as Isaac has been wanted since the Brawl days.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Isaac fans? Hard to say. I've noticed they've got some kind of theory going on, but I can't tell if it's sensible or if they're looking too deeply into things.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I mean, never mind that KH isn't a Mickey Mouse spin-off. It's a crossover starring Sora that incorporates Disney and Final Fantasy characters. It's not a spin-off of anything whatsoever. It's more like a separate fanfction.

Disney isn't the easiest to work with, but Nintendo's choosing the DLC and all Sakurai is mainly doing is making sure the character can work. It's absolutely possible that Disney is too difficult to work with when it comes to licensing. But Nintendo doesn't really care about stuff beyond business, and those "small details" are on Sakurai, anyway. Besides that, stuff like Spirits(as in small cameos) aren't necessarily equivalent to playable characters. So it may not matter either. However, it's not like KH has only Disney/FF stuff. It has a ton of unique characters that it can draw from where the most Disney content might be the Mickey keychain on his Keyblade. That's iconic enough to keep(Brawl's Chronicle had a Mickey Mouse game listed, so clearly small stuff isn't a problem in itself for what Sakurai thinks).

You know what started as a spin-off? Persona. But it was mainly just a retake on the world's settings and reusing monsters. And that's it. It has no real ties to SMT beyond that. In fact, the US is a misleading title, since it acted like it was part of the same series of games. That was never the case in Japan. The US, just like how it created the name Robotnik, created its own idea that they're highly connected. Atlus eventually clarified they're entirely separate series, thankfully, to remove that silly notion. They're no denying it's a spin-off regardless. The thing is? KH isn't even like this. It never spun off from FF or Disney properties. It instead was an idea to combine both worlds while having a bunch of Original Characters(which is why it's like a fanfiction).
Your main partners in the game are Donald and Goofy.
You visit Disney worlds.
Disney owns the rights to Sora.
It's a spin-off, bro.

And you missed the point with Persona. The damnation against Sora is not that he's from a spin-off series, but that he's from a DISNEY spin-off series.

Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong are all Mario spin-offs, but they are all 100% tied to video game origins.

Sora is existentially tied to Mickey Mouse and friends. I again bring up "The Moon Theme" from NES Duck Tales as comparison, but I'm not going to repeat myself.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Your main partners in the game are Donald and Goofy.
You visit Disney worlds.
Disney owns the rights to Sora.
It's a spin-off, bro.
And you visit with multiple Final Fantasy characters, including Cloud, Sephiroth, and Squall. Squall's even a major character in one of the games, being an alternate take just like every Disney character, having a slightly different last name and personality. Like the fanfiction-style crossover it always was. You seem to be ignoring this entirely. It's a crossover of two worlds starring an OC. It's not a spin-off of Mickey Mouse or Final Fantasy. It's its own thing telling a story using both worlds. That's not what a spin-off is. A spin-off can only come from basically one overall franchise, but it comes from Disney and Final Fantasy. That makes it impossible to be that, unless it's a spin-off of both(which is still incorrect, but at least it'd be more accurate that your current statements).

And you missed the point with Persona. The damnation against Sora is not that he's from a spin-off series, but that he's from a DISNEY spin-off series.
It's not a Disney spin-off series, though. It's a crossover. There's a huge difference.

Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong are all Mario spin-offs, but they are all 100% tied to video game origins.
This is also incorrect. Donkey Kong Country spun-off from the Donkey Kong Arcade series. As did Super Mario. Only Wario and Yoshi spun-off from Super Mario. You need to do more research on this one. Though to be fair, it's a common mistake. You can blame Smash for incorrectly acting like the Donkey Kong Country series was ever a spin-off of Mario. All four franchises are in the same universe, so crossovers are easy. It all started with Donkey Kong Arcade, so of course all 4 are intertwined. FYI, Luigi's Mansion is a spin-off series of Super Mario as well. In fact, that's the only third one to exist. Oh, and Diddy Kong Racing is a spin-off of Donkey Kong Country, not Super Mario. Yeah, it's complicated like that. Still hilarious that people keep getting this wrong, but what you gonna do. But hey, it did start off with Donkey Kong as the beginning series. Mario just literally took over, and I can't blame 'em. He's a lot more marketable and had a lot more options at that point, especially since it wasn't till the SNES that we got a new Donkey Kong game since his original Arcade appearance, after all.

Sora is existentially tied to Mickey Mouse and friends. I again bring up "The Moon Theme" from NES Duck Tales as comparison, but I'm not going to repeat myself.
It's so tied that there's literally Kingdom Hearts games with zero Disney characters. It's not as tied as you think. Also, why are you still ignoring he's equally tied to Final Fantasy characters? Remember, it's a crossover of Disney and Final Fantasy, using Sora, a character based upon both worlds overall. He fits the crazy design of the Disney cartoons while using abilities out of Final Fantasy. Calling it only Disney-related is extremely misleading when it's never been just that. Persona is an example of an actual spin-off series. KH never was a spin-off of anything at any point. Can't be a spin-off if it stars two franchises entirely unrelated and intertwines them. Never mind that the Disney cartoons is not the Mickey Mouse Franchise. Those are actually separate things. Mickey Mouse is a part of the Disney cartoons but it's own franchise. Just like the Nintendo library consists of tons of franchises, and Super Mario is just one part of it.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
And you visit with multiple Final Fantasy characters, including Cloud, Sephiroth, and Squall. Squall's even a major character in one of the games, being an alternate take just like every Disney character, having a slightly different last name and personality. Like the fanfiction-style crossover it always was. You seem to be ignoring this entirely. It's a crossover of two worlds starring an OC. It's not a spin-off of Mickey Mouse or Final Fantasy. It's its own thing telling a story using both worlds. That's not what a spin-off is. A spin-off can only come from basically one overall franchise, but it comes from Disney and Final Fantasy. That makes it impossible to be that, unless it's a spin-off of both(which is still incorrect, but at least it'd be more accurate that your current statements).

It's not a Disney spin-off series, though. It's a crossover. There's a huge difference.

This is also incorrect. Donkey Kong Country spun-off from the Donkey Kong Arcade series. As did Super Mario. Only Wario and Yoshi spun-off from Super Mario. You need to do more research on this one. Though to be fair, it's a common mistake. You can blame Smash for incorrectly acting like the Donkey Kong Country series was ever a spin-off of Mario. All four franchises are in the same universe, so crossovers are easy. It all started with Donkey Kong Arcade, so of course all 4 are intertwined. FYI, Luigi's Mansion is a spin-off series of Super Mario as well. In fact, that's the only third one to exist. Oh, and Diddy Kong Racing is a spin-off of Donkey Kong Country, not Super Mario. Yeah, it's complicated like that. Still hilarious that people keep getting this wrong, but what you gonna do. But hey, it did start off with Donkey Kong as the beginning series. Mario just literally took over, and I can't blame 'em. He's a lot more marketable and had a lot more options at that point, especially since it wasn't till the SNES that we got a new Donkey Kong game since his original Arcade appearance, after all.

It's so tied that there's literally Kingdom Hearts games with zero Disney characters. It's not as tied as you think. Also, why are you still ignoring he's equally tied to Final Fantasy characters? Remember, it's a crossover of Disney and Final Fantasy, using Sora, a character based upon both worlds overall. He fits the crazy design of the Disney cartoons while using abilities out of Final Fantasy. Calling it only Disney-related is extremely misleading when it's never been just that. Persona is an example of an actual spin-off series. KH never was a spin-off of anything at any point. Can't be a spin-off if it stars two franchises entirely unrelated and intertwines them. Never mind that the Disney cartoons is not the Mickey Mouse Franchise. Those are actually separate things. Mickey Mouse is a part of the Disney cartoons but it's own franchise. Just like the Nintendo library consists of tons of franchises, and Super Mario is just one part of it.
The Donkey Kong Arcade series was retconned into to Mario Vs. Donkey Kong series.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Isaac fans? Hard to say. I've noticed they've got some kind of theory going on, but I can't tell if it's sensible or if they're looking too deeply into things.
There's some kind of new GS trademark, and it got apporoved in 2018. I don't know much about it, but people thinks it's hinting a new game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Donkey Kong Arcade series was retconned into to Mario Vs. Donkey Kong series.
And that changes a thing? Donkey Kong never spun-off from Mario in the first place. That's not how spin-offs ever worked. Super Mario exists only because it spun-off from Donkey Kong Arcade. That's a story retcon, not a "game origin" retcon. Donkey Kong Country would not exist either without Donkey Kong Arcade, nor Super Mario would for that matter. There is no such thing as Donkey Kong spinning off from Mario(besides that, even with that game, the claim don't make any remote sense. All that is is Mario and Donkey splitting off from a dual Mario/DK game into their own series. "Donkey Kong spinning off from Mario" is misleading and completely untruthful regardless. The literal facts go against that in every way. Smash does treat DK as related to Mario, and that's not incorrect. As the spin-off Mario games(like Mario Party, Mario Kart, besides the RPG's, Wario, Luigi, and Yoshi games) exist, it's notable that DK is often among these spin-offs as basically an honorary Mario character due to their massive history. Also, Mario VS Donkey Kong isn't really a retcon to begin with. It's more like a sequel series to Donkey Kong Arcade if not just a fun irrelevant game in the timeline to just bring back the fun idea of pitting them against each other again to go after Pauline).

There's some kind of new GS trademark, and it got apporoved in 2018. I don't know much about it, but people thinks it's hinting a new game.
The other suggestion is that it'd going to be used for a Smash logo. But it could be something like a comic or manga too. I don't think they need a trademark for re-releasing it on the Switch at this time, but I could be wrong. Overall, it does mean something, but not necessarily much.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
And that changes a thing? Donkey Kong never spun-off from Mario in the first place. That's not how spin-offs ever worked. Super Mario exists only because it spun-off from Donkey Kong Arcade. That's a story retcon, not a "game origin" retcon. Donkey Kong Country would not exist either without Donkey Kong Arcade, nor Super Mario would for that matter. There is no such thing as Donkey Kong spinning off from Mario(besides that, even with that game, the claim don't make any remote sense. All that is is Mario and Donkey splitting off from a dual Mario/DK game into their own series. "Donkey Kong spinning off from Mario" is misleading and completely untruthful regardless. The literal facts go against that in every way. Smash does treat DK as related to Mario, and that's not incorrect. As the spin-off Mario games(like Mario Party, Mario Kart, besides the RPG's, Wario, Luigi, and Yoshi games) exist, it's notable that DK is often among these spin-offs as basically an honorary Mario character due to their massive history. Also, Mario VS Donkey Kong isn't really a retcon to begin with. It's more like a sequel series to Donkey Kong Arcade if not just a fun irrelevant game in the timeline to just bring back the fun idea of pitting them against each other again to go after Pauline).

The other suggestion is that it'd going to be used for a Smash logo. But it could be something like a comic or manga too. I don't think they need a trademark for re-releasing it on the Switch at this time, but I could be wrong. Overall, it does mean something, but not necessarily much.
https://www3.wipo.int/madrid/monitor/en/showData.jsp?ID=ROM.1436968
This is the link for the trademark thing. I'm no expert on this, so see it for yourself and decide.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
https://www3.wipo.int/madrid/monitor/en/showData.jsp?ID=ROM.1436968
This is the link for the trademark thing. I'm no expert on this, so see it for yourself and decide.
My response is... about the same. However, it would be game-related, no other media, instead. So could be a download of any of the three games(or all 3), a remake having all 3 on the Switch, a new game. The way it's worded I don't think it would relate to Smash Bros., though? I'm not enough of an expect to say for sure.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
My response is... about the same. However, it would be game-related, no other media, instead. So could be a download of any of the three games(or all 3), a remake having all 3 on the Switch, a new game. The way it's worded I don't think it would relate to Smash Bros., though? I'm not enough of an expect to say for sure.
Maybe it's a remake and Isaac is getting in as some kind of promotion? I'm not sure. Any kind of new GS is good for me.
Anyways like I said I'm no expert, so maybe visit the Isaac thread? You might find someone who knows more about it than I do.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Maybe it's a remake and Isaac is getting in as some kind of promotion? I'm not sure. Any kind of new GS is good for me.
Anyways like I said I'm no expert, so maybe visit the Isaac thread? You might find someone who knows more about it than I do.
Oh, it's quite possible. What I mean is this data doesn't have anything to do with Smash in particular. It just talks about Golden Sun getting games released in some way. If I'm reading it correctly.

I think his chances has risen a lot. Especially if that leak a long time ago(which said that Nintendo wasn't even aware that Isaac was highly requested in Golden Sun) is true. And they acknowledged that. That would fit very well into the idea they'll reconsider him for DLC. It also helps we have a very high chance of Spring Man, which kills tons of fan rules and all~

I've been skimming the thread for the most part, so it might've covered it that.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Sora.
Speaking of Donald, If I had to pick a single Disney character to be apart of Smash Bros, I really feel like Scrooge McDuck would be the best possible choice. Ducktales and NES go together like Peas and Carrots. On top of that, he's has legitimate potential with using his cane as a pogo stick. Unfortunately, I agree that a Disney character is super unlikely given copyright hell and just how much they would really have their hand in Sakurai's work. However, I really think Scrooge would make the most sense if you are speaking for relevancy with Nintendo.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
If I had to pick a single Disney character to be apart of Smash Bros, I really feel like Scrooge McDuck would be the best possible choice. Ducktales and NES go together like Peas and Carrots. On top of that, he's has legitimate potential with using his cane as a pogo stick. Unfortunately, I agree that a Disney character is super unlikely given copyright hell and just how much they would really have their hand in Sakurai's work. However, I really think Scrooge would make the most sense if you are speaking for relevancy with Nintendo.
Remix of To the Moon HAS to come with it.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Remix of To the Moon HAS to come with it.

Of course! Can't forget the LaunchPad McQuack cameo as well. It's statistically proven he is the greatest sidekick in gaming history so I will take my stage appearance and LP Mii Costume as well please!

If Geno ever gets into Smash Bros, I would gladly show my support for Scrooge. It might be less stressful and more fun rooting for a character that is never going to happen. Plus Geno being the only legitimate thing I have wanted in Smash since forever. [15 years and still wishing ^^;]

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's what makes Sora easy, actually. Once Disney okays the usage of specific characters/etc., Square-Enix is the one who really does the brunt work in the games. They make the games. Licensing is Disney's department. Details are on SE. Beyond the Mickey Keychain, it's highly doubtful they'll go after anything else. It's not impossible, but stuff like Spirits could happen. Unless those are actual Disney Spirits(like Goofy), Disney really doesn't do anything with KH's actual gameplay to help. So he'd go to SE for help since they actually work on the game. Disney still has to be involved, but not all that much. I mean, obviously they'd oversee details on the Disney cartoon character usage, but that's... really all they have a hand in. Nomura makes the games and knows how the character works. He'd be involved if Sakurai actually wants help with KH details and accuracy on, well, anything.

...Funny how Nomura is involved in Smash Ultimate already. Thus, it's not honestly that hard for things to go well. Not that Disney can't be problematic, but that's more on them insisting on how much Disney cartoon stuff needs to be added(seeing as how they approved a KH game with zero FF or Disney cartoon content? Probably not that likely beyond the keychain). Licensing may be an issue too, but one has to remember that no matter what KH content(Disney cartoon, OC's, or Final Fantasy stuff), they're going to be paying a fair deal. So it's probably going to be as little OC stuff as needed. And yes, high-licensing fees could keep Sora out. But I doubt it's going to be some licensing nightmare/huge cooperation issues. These are way overstated and figuring out things with the companies isn't that hard. Especially when, again, Nomura is already involved with Ultimate. This makes it a lot easier to negotiate things.

Also worth noting that since the Disney cartoon content is game-based anyway, the notable characters aren't actual cartoon content. Not saying that this would count towards his "non-game content rule" so much as that the few things like this are the most he wouldn't go nuts over since it's just game content for cameos. If he needs to license three characters as spirits, the fact they're still game unique might make it easier to just shrug at that point. Besides that, Nintendo is also heavily involved, not just Sakurai, and they aren't of the same mindset. It's just business to them. So it comes down to licensing fees for them alone, not a rule(albeit, it's not a fan rule). It's a questionable situation, if you will, what will happen.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
the licence to use sora and licence to use mickey and co are probably two different issues, while negotiating the use of one the other is unlikely to come up

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I feel Isaac should get some credit. I'm amazed at how passionate Golden Sun fans are, despite years of dead air.

Honestly I was really hoping Mario Tennis Aces was going to end with Isaac as a guest player for Camelot to get to use their own IP a little more again.

As a result whilst I don't really have any personal experience with Golden Sun I recognise it's importance to fans of Nintendo.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Cinderace. Its thread has roughly twice the amount of posts the Rillaboom thread has, which surprises me because I would think people would be more inclined to want a Grass starter

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Cinderace. Its thread has roughly twice the amount of posts the Rillaboom thread has, which surprises me because I would think people would be more inclined to want a Grass starter
Cool animations and personality are way more appealing than a color/element.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
On top of that, we already have both Charizard and Incineroar as fire starter representatives. I like Cinderace as well, but I feel like we really don't need another fire starter in the Smash roster. There are over 800 possible choices for a new Pokemon rep in Smash, it would be a shame to see an additional new choice go towards representing something that's already represented greatly in my opinion. I'd rather see Grass starters get two reps to match the fire and water representation over a third fire starter.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
On top of that, we already have both Charizard and Incineroar as fire starter representatives. I like Cinderace as well, but I feel like we really don't need another fire starter in the Smash roster. There are over 800 possible choices for a new Pokemon rep in Smash, it would be a shame to see an additional new choice go towards representing something that's already represented greatly in my opinion. I'd rather see Grass starters get two reps to match the fire and water representation over a third fire starter.
Being another fire starter is not the imbalance Cinderace will create if it joins the battle. Rillaboom will also create this same imbalance by being the third fully evolved starter added just to promote the new gen in a row.

Honestly I'd think Rillaboom would be a death blow to people bandwagoning grass starters when it has to be immobile to do its thing.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i dont get cinderace's popularity either, though thats probably cause of what hes based on

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Honestly I'd think Rillaboom would be a death blow to people bandwagoning grass starters when it has to be immobile to do its thing.
Not necessarily. TKOWL TKOWL ’s interpretation sees the immobile part as just having to be near its drum for a better Neutral-B.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I would think only a couple moves would have it be immobile, which wouldn't be that far off from how other characters work. As an example, Link can't keep moving while throwing his boomerang, nor can DK keep moving while using down B (with the obvious exception of falling while using the moves). Rillaboom having a couple moves that it must stay in place for wouldn't be out of the ordinary, and could work fine for landing, edgeguarding, or ledgetrapping, depending on what they are of course.

Top Bottom