• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

veil222

Smash Journeyman
Persnally sonic has totally fallen in the trash can face first the past few years since SA2:B (really, how fruitastic was sonic heroes and the "gangsta" version of shadow the hedgehog is just laughable). However, I've been a huge sonic fan for most of my life, and he's definately got icon status. People have always pitted Sonic and Mario against eachother, usually Megaman is tossed into the mix too in whatever medium the fans decide to let them duke it out in. It would just be good common sense to have them in the game since fans have been creating this scenario themselves for years.

In regards to why Sonic hasn't been announced (if he's even in), I'd say Mr. Sak. wants it to be a massive surprise close to release, wants to keep him a real secret character, or needed to get the rights before even mentioning anything about the sheer possibility. The whole "snake being secret but announced too" thing to debunk Sonic is kind of misguided, seing as it's always been Mr. Sak.'s style to intentionally misdirect us and keep us guessing. If he had to choose to blow Sonics cover to introduce a bombshell that would keep people guessing, or release snake and save Sonic's ammo for something bigger, which do you think he'd do?

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Persnally sonic has totally fallen in the trash can face first the past few years since SA2:B (really, how fruitastic was sonic heroes and the "gangsta" version of shadow the hedgehog is just laughable). However, I've been a huge sonic fan for most of my life, and he's definately got icon status. People have always pitted Sonic and Mario against eachother, usually Megaman is tossed into the mix too in whatever medium the fans decide to let them duke it out in. It would just be good common sense to have them in the game since fans have been creating this scenario themselves for years.

In regards to why Sonic hasn't been announced (if he's even in), I'd say Mr. Sak. wants it to be a massive surprise close to release, wants to keep him a real secret character, or needed to get the rights before even mentioning anything about the sheer possibility. The whole "snake being secret but announced too" thing to debunk Sonic is kind of misguided, seing as it's always been Mr. Sak.'s style to intentionally misdirect us and keep us guessing. If he had to choose to blow Sonics cover to introduce a bombshell that would keep people guessing, or release snake and save Sonic's ammo for something bigger, which do you think he'd do?
So just, because he is black and has guns automatically makes him "gangsta"? Way to be racist, a-hole.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
Want to stay on topic? I'm not racist, the only thing I've ever seen of the game was it's advertisement, and that's how it was pushed, if you want to attack me personally, don't waste board space doing so.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So just, because he is black and has guns automatically makes him "gangsta"? Way to be racist, a-hole.
Way to shoot your mouth off....

He didn't say that Shadow the Hedgehog was inherently "gansta", he said that the recent version was a "gansta" version, in other words, it emulated the steriotypical gansta persona.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
I get out of control when I read something that seems blatantly stupid and counter productive to me, please stay on topic, if you've got a well formed opinion about the things i said in my post that were actually important I'd like to hear it.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Way to shoot your mouth off....

He didn't say that Shadow the Hedgehog was inherently "gansta", he said that the recent version was a "gansta" version, in other words, it emulated the steriotypical gansta persona.
Hahahahahaha, chill out. I was just kidding. I am not nearly that touching. Actually, I thought a black hedgehog having a gun was halarious.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
Even if this is a forum, please refrain from spouting random crap that you know you just said to get at people, and talk about the topic instead.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Hahahahahaha, chill out. I was just kidding. I am not nearly that touching. Actually, I thought a black hedgehog having a gun was halarious.
Shadow the Hedgehog was the worst **** ever and the start of the end of my fangirlism for the Sonic series. The thing is, I liked Shadow's character because it added a tinge of realism to the series, but giving him his own game just made it brim with wangst to the point it was almost unrecognizeable as a Sonic game, and firearms was just a nail in the coffin. I guess Shadow the Hedgehog was a terrible attempt at attracting first person shooter gamers, but all it did was alienate it's existing audience/fandom (myself, as I hate shooter games because I find them boring, and most sonic gamers are NOT interested in such things) and totally fail at attracting the first person shooter gamers because heck, would they really pick up a Sonic game? Just think about it, a character with an anatomy inspired in Mickey Mouse with an actual gun, not a missle, a realistic firearm is just total clash. That's like Solid snake being put in a barbie game.

When I first heard that Shadow was getting his own game and it would have him wield guns I seriously thought it was a joke.

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
Heh, the characters on this poll that I want in the game the most are Ayumi, Lip, and Gardevoir XDXDXD

Hacher3

Smash Rookie
DeDeDe, Ridley, and Olimar are pretty much confirmed with this poll. They'll probably try to make anyone they can't squeeze into the roster as Assists, Bosses, Pokeballs, or they'll have a cameo in the story mode like R.O.B

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
DeDeDe, Ridley, and Olimar are pretty much confirmed with this poll. They'll probably try to make anyone they can't squeeze into the roster as Assists, Bosses, Pokeballs, or they'll have a cameo in the story mode like R.O.B
im srry, R.O.B.??? who are they again? the thing that activate the bomb in supspace emmisary???

(off topic I kno...srry) XDD

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
oh sure, sonic isnt in the poll but james bond is?? wtf-on-a-stick!!
I thought the same thing. lol on a stick.

Ahem, anyway, it doesn't seem Sonic is as important as many would think he'd be. I still hope he makes it to Brawl though. He's been given countless Nintendo titles that just won't stop coming.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Yeah... Sakurai is somehwat known for being an infamous user of...

Everything... which is how he got Snake in, Spicy Curry, Wario Waft, and let's of course not forget...

This God ****ed List...

thrak

Smash Cadet
I thought the same thing. lol on a stick.

Ahem, anyway, it doesn't seem Sonic is as important as many would think he'd be. I still hope he makes it to Brawl though. He's been given countless Nintendo titles that just won't stop coming.
yea and also he was originally supposed 2 B in melee, but then held back becuz SEGA said no at the last second. Now, though, nintendo basically owns them, so NP...:p:p

powerchord89

Smash Rookie
GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO GENO!!!!!!!! and RIIIIDLEEEEYYY!!!!! and DEDEDEEEEEE!!!!!

IllidR

Smash Champion
yea and also he was originally supposed 2 B in melee, but then held back becuz SEGA said no at the last second. Now, though, nintendo basically owns them, so NP...:p:p

That wasn't what happened. They wanted to include him in Melee and Sega gave the okay for Sonic to be in it but due to time restrictions they couldn't get him in. But now Sega is under new management so we don't know if the new guy gave the okay for Brawl.

Nintendo_Rockstar

Smash Cadet
Out of the poll I can only see these guys as playable characters:

- Elite Beat Agents (Elite Beat Agents)
- King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
- King Dedede (Kirby)
- Captain Olimar (Pikmin)
- Ray 01 (Custom Robo)
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)
- Krystal (Star Fox)
- Wolf (Star Fox)