• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
What about all the furry creatures that originated with DK and diddy kong? They were all in the same grouping as I recall, but Nintendo got to keep DK and his immediate relations, while Rare took everyone else and left. If THEY got in, they would be third party, albeit they might have the same symbol.

It's would be the same for Geno. And really, Snake is third party because they needed legal permission. No matter what the circumstances [character only showed on Nintendo and got pulled away from Nintendo but never showed his face again] would still require that legal permission, thus the technical definition of third party requirements.

Megaman would be cool, but he would probably be similar to Samus. And we don't need that many more projectile whores.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
You recall incorrectly. Rare own nothing DK related other than the characters from Diddy Kong Racing (such as Banjo, Conker, etc.) excluding Diddy Kong and Krunch the Kremling. Seriously, doesn't anybody play the recent DK games anymore?

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
CHAIN CHOMP?!? What's the rabid little cannonball gonna do, bite me to death? I don't wanna see that creature in the roster- I prefer fighters that have ARMS AND LEGS and MAKE SENSE.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Well, on the letter that suggests Chain Chomp, it's really weird. I think they actually mention the character as it appeared in Link's Awakening for the GB, and not the Mario games (it was some lady's dog, Bow Wow). But it's not really clear in the letter if he wanted it to fight or be a stage hazard. There are character suggestions that were meant not for fighters, but for hazards/items/trophies. Like Golden Sun and Advance Wars were mentioned many times to be included as trophies, but only a few for actual characters.

So my guess is the guy meant for Chain Chomp to appear as an item or a stage hazard.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Son of a...****it! I made a long, long, long post (took me about 40 minutes), and the moment I clicked Submit, it clicked in confirming I clicked on it, then the window froze up. After 15 minutes of waiting to make sure it didn't freeze up, then trying to close it, I come back here about find out I wasted 40 minutes of my life...well 55 counting that 15 minutes...but still... I HATE when I make my longest post's, then they freeze and never post. ****!

But screw it. Seems like everyone moved on anyway and started talking about a Chain Chomp...

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Yeah, when I type a long post, I always copy it to MS word. For some reason the window will never freeze if you use the quick reply window instead of the Go Advanced...

At least, that's how it works for me.

D

Deleted member

Shark X said:
Son of a...****it! I made a long, long, long post (took me about 40 minutes), and the moment I clicked Submit, it clicked in confirming I clicked on it, then the window froze up. After 15 minutes of waiting to make sure it didn't freeze up, then trying to close it, I come back here about find out I wasted 40 minutes of my life...well 55 counting that 15 minutes...but still... I HATE when I make my longest post's, then they freeze and never post. ****!

But screw it. Seems like everyone moved on anyway and started talking about a Chain Chomp...
So I wasn't alone? I swear, my computer majorly f****d up while making some topics on here.

NukeA6

Smash Master
McFox said:
Stop using Internet Explorer.
You got that right!

Fire Fox doesn't shut down so easily. Download that and you'll never want to use Internet Explorer again. Though you're gonna have to download some plug-ins for it.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I use Opera. Having multiple tabs available in a very accessible format = awesome. Plus, it's the browser Nintendo's using for the DS and Wii, so I'll already know how to use it. :p

Shark X

Smash Lord
Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Geno, Knuckles the Echidna, Wolf O'Donnell, Krystal (Star Fox Adventures version), Bomberman, Vaati (Minish Cap version), Simon Belmont, Jack, Pac-Man, and Toad!

No, my sig wasn't updated after this post. These are just the characters in my wishlist that I feel belong most. Others I believe (but can do without) are...

Diddy Kong, Ridley, and King Dedede.

GenG

Smash Lord
The ones I want are Geno, Balloon Fighter, Dedede, Stafy, Demiru, Diddy Kong, Little Mac, Takamaru, Isaac, Lucas, Ike, Wolf, Olimar, Lucario/Deoxys, Ray, Ridley, Sonic and Megaman. It's a somewhat balanced roster I think.

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
I have a rather long list, but here it goes...

Characters I want to see (that have a chance)
Sonic
Bomberman
Ridley
Little Mac (NES version)
Krystal
Wolf
Fawful
Waluigi
Samurai Goroh
Meowth
Balloon Fighter
Geno

Characters I'd love to see (that might have a chance)
Sami
Sturm
Jill
Takamaru
Simon Belmont
R.O.B.
Phoenix Wright
Megaman
Smithy
King Dedede
Stafy

People I'd love to see (I'd s*** myself silly if they somehow made it)
Bald Bull
Harry
Deathborn
Mona
Ashley
Kat & Ana
Glass Joe
Kamek
KOS MOS
Tails

and perhaps more to come...

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
While there's heaps of characters I want to be in the game, I'll be truely impressed if King K. Rool and Geno get in, seeing as both seem to get the cold shoulder despite their awesomeness. Not to mention that now both of them have quite a large chance (especially thanks to that poll on Sakurai's site). After those two and a few others such as Little Mac, Diddy and a Mother 3 character make it, I don't really mind who they put in as long as they're cool, unique and bring heaps of nolstagia.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
uhmm... i wonder why the people wants to see Balloon Fighter in SSBB???, its fine! of course, but, i don't know, seeing a guy floatin with balloons in the game? well Jiggly is almost a balloon jajaja!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Because he'd be unique. He'd be super floaty obviously, but less floaty with each balloon popped, changing up his playstyle completely mid-match, depending on what he could do without his balloons.

It'd be fun, and that's basically my only criteria.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Muffin_man said:
You recall incorrectly. Rare own nothing DK related other than the characters from Diddy Kong Racing (such as Banjo, Conker, etc.) excluding Diddy Kong and Krunch the Kremling. Seriously, doesn't anybody play the recent DK games anymore?
such as "donkey konga"? LOVE THOS GAMES!

Donkey Kong Jr. is the bestest DK related game, ever! :psycho:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Muffin_man said:
I do own Jungle Beat... They changed EVERYTHING what was good about DKC. Still if they didnt it would actually be a great game. Its prety fun to play yet it doesnt have any story at all. The creators thought DK wasn't "fresh enough" for younger players so they started to make a game right after the DK arcade, which turned out the be Jungle Beat. In those times DK was known as the villian, Jungle Beat surely doesnt make DK seem like a nice guy.

And hemightbegaint please shut the **** up. We all know DKC was the best DK related game ever.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Diddy Kong said:
I do own Jungle Beat... They changed EVERYTHING what was good about DKC. Still if they didnt it would actually be a great game. Its prety fun to play yet it doesnt have any story at all. The creators thought DK wasn't "fresh enough" for younger players so they started to make a game right after the DK arcade, which turned out the be Jungle Beat. In those times DK was known as the villian, Jungle Beat surely doesnt make DK seem like a nice guy.
Well, I was sort of talking about Konga and King of Swing which have heaps of DKC characters and locales, but I won't be the first one to admit that Jungle Beat is hardly even a DK game. It's a nice stand alone game, but it really does have nothing to do with either the DKC or the Arcade franchise.

Y'know, because the developers threw out ANYTHING even remotely related to DK other than himself and 'the banana' out of the game.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Geno!!!!!!

Geno all the way. This could be a great chance for Nintendo to re-release a great character. I could be wrong but after the very first SSB Samus' series was HUGE. If Geno is in the game there is a window of oppertunities. Also he is a great character, he looks cool his moves are sweet and overall he is awesome. He could have his own music and symbol too( a star for his symbol, I believe there were people who suggested that earlier) But personally Geno would be my character of choice.

Also is it true or is it just a rumour about Ridley, Bowser Jr. and Celda Link being confirmed and Young Link, Game and Watch and Ice Climbers being dropped?

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
TBone06 said:
Geno all the way. This could be a great chance for Nintendo to re-release a great character. I could be wrong but after the very first SSB Samus' series was HUGE. If Geno is in the game there is a window of oppertunities. Also he is a great character, he looks cool his moves are sweet and overall he is awesome. He could have his own music and symbol too( a star for his symbol, I believe there were people who suggested that earlier) But personally Geno would be my character of choice.

Also is it true or is it just a rumour about Ridley, Bowser Jr. and Celda Link being confirmed and Young Link, Game and Watch and Ice Climbers being dropped?
That rumor's already been proven to be false.

Top Bottom