• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
TBone06 said:
symbol too( a star for his symbol, I believe there were people who suggested that earlier)
Then people whpo haven't played th series may mistake the star for beign from Kirby. I'm thinking, 7 stars. They're pretty much the same idea, but still

Yeah, the interview was said to be fake by the guy who said it. rumors just grow, y'now?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Eternal phoenix Fire said:
Chain chomp????wtf??

It has no arms or legs,and its a leg brace with teeth.A major percentage of the people who made this list must have been iether children,or they were stoned. :laugh:
or just plain crazy or all of the above

magar said:
I Pick All Of The Above Thank You :p

Ditto,also....what's up with Proffesor Kawashima?? He's a freakin floating head.This is even worse than the chain chomp!! What is he going to do? Beat me in Sudoku? Or make me go crazy by having me solve 1000 simple math problems?? U.S.,Europe,really need a poll,because if sakurai puts even a few of the chars on this list in Brawl,it would take up worthless amounts of character space.Only a hand full of these characters are good.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Eternal phoenix Fire said:
Ditto,also....what's up with Proffesor Kawashima?? He's a freakin floating head.This is even worse than the chain chomp!! What is he going to do? Beat me in Sudoku? Or make me go crazy by having me solve 1000 simple math problems?? U.S.,Europe,really need a poll,because if sakurai puts even a few of the chars on this list in Brawl,it would take up worthless amounts of character space.Only a hand full of these characters are good.
I wouldn't worry. The team making the game aren't idiots and they won't take obscure and crappy characters like Link's uncle or Blue Virus.

They will mostly go for hot characters like King DeDeDe, Ridley, Sigurd, Stafy, Geno, etc.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Professor Kawashima (Brain Age)
Ninten (MOTHER)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Diddy & Dixie Kong (DK Country) [Ice Climber-type is sugested]
James Bond (Goldeneye)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Slippy (Star Fox)
Petey Piranha (Mario Sunshine)
Link's Uncle (A Link to the Past)
Dr. Wright (Sim City)
Blue Virus (Dr. Mario)
Chain Chomp (Mario)
Koopa Troopa (Mario)
Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.)
Crazy Hand (SSBM)
Steven Stone (Pokemon)

Those are the stupid ones that would be terrible to see

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Sigurd is a lord from one of the FE games, and Stafy is that little star from the Legend of Stafy games for the GBA/DS. There's topics floating around for both, I'm sure. Use the search function.

And let me just plug, once again, that Takamaru, Demiru, and Sukapon all appear on the list more than once. If Sakurai knows what's good for him, he'll consider that fact, and the uniqueness of these characters (they also have topics, do don't ask; just use search - it's THAT easy!)

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Shark X said:
Great...more...now who's Takamaru, Demiru, and Sukapon? >.>

Right, forgot someone told me who Sigurd was in a...someone else topic. Amazeing how off topic some go >.>
Takamaru is a Samurai. Demiru is the guy from Tomato Adventure. Sakapon is a robot that is made of pink spheres and is similar to rayman. There are topics about all three. Look em up.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
The only Pokemon to appear on the poll, that I can remember, were the ones already in the series. Outside of that, Steven Stone is mentioned. And... that's pretty much it :laugh:

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!! but NO TOM NOOK FOR BRAWL! lol!
I think Tom Nook is the stupidest idea than i've seen in this forum! I like Tom Nook, but, in SSBB? what the hell is he gonna do!? -_____-

FOR BRAWL:
Megaman
Sonic
Isaac
Ike
Lyn
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Daisy
Krystal
Wolf
Ridley
Captain Syrup
Samurai Goroh
King DeeDeeDee
Zora
Vaati
Deoxys (or Lucario, just one of them)
Poo (but he is not too important for me)

... and a few characters more! lol!

C ya!

GenG

Smash Lord
krlos F. said:
MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!! but NO TOM NOOK FOR BRAWL! lol!
I think Tom Nook is the stupidest idea than i've seen in this forum! I like Tom Nook, but, in SSBB? what the hell is he gonna do!? -_____-
The same could be said about G&W, Peach and other non-fighter characters. There are plenty tools in Animal Crossing to start with, and this franchise has become widely known so needs representation in Brawl.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Yeah, But Totakeke is just a much better cahracter, and has used said tools just as often as Tom Nook [which is never]. He could even have a a secret taunt where he sits down and plays one of his songs.

Tom Nook wears an apron and runs a monopoly. Not that either of those are bad characteristics, but they just don't have the same cool factor as sitting on a crate and giving your songs to strangers...for free, mind you.

GenG

Smash Lord
Resting_Fox said:
Yeah, But Totakeke is just a much better cahracter, and has used said tools just as often as Tom Nook [which is never]. He could even have a a secret taunt where he sits down and plays one of his songs.
OK, Zelda has never used magic, Marth has never done anything from simple forward slashing and Falcon has never done punches nor kicks... The list of incoherences in Smash is large, but that doesn't matter. Tom Nook sells these things so he can actually use them as the other animals in the village do, while Totakeke is just a sitting dog with a guitar. Nook is the face of the series, while Totakeke not. You are bound to meet Nook in the games, while Totakeke not.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Ryuuseiken Marth said:
Lets hope the n00b kid population of Japan doesn't vote for Waluigi!
They should of only had experienced gamers vote that way only the best characters would get in it and not ones only less experienced gamers would like.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Well I'm pretty sure Sakurai's not playing slave of the public. He was probably just polling to find any popular characters and good ideas he hadn't considered. I'm sure Dedede, Diddy Kong, and Ridley crossed his mind several times, but knowing that it's what the public wants gives it that extra bit of assurance.

What I'm implying here, is that I think Sakurai knows better than to put Waluigi in Brawl. I mean, don't you think a few implicit messages were intended with Wario having his Wario Ware outfit in the trailer. Showing he's not just a Mario rip-off anymore. He's developed into his own characer. One Mario rip-off [Luigi] is enough

Waluigi is a rip-off of both Wario AND Luigi, a rip-of of two characters who were rip-offs themselves. It doesn't get much worse than that.

Meyeselph

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi may be a pretty rediculously derivative character, but he's part of the mario roster now. I figure it would be better to find a way to make him original like Wario has become then to just complain about how much we don't like him and hope he goes away. The lanky limbs thing could make for an interesting moveset and personality wise I'm sure there is SOMETHING that can be done with the ugly little sob. I say bring him in if they have the time.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Meyeselph said:
Waluigi may be a pretty rediculously derivative character, but he's part of the mario roster now. I figure it would be better to find a way to make him original like Wario has become then to just complain about how much we don't like him and hope he goes away. The lanky limbs thing could make for an interesting moveset and personality wise I'm sure there is SOMETHING that can be done with the ugly little sob. I say bring him in if they have the time.
That is the most intelligent thing I have heard someone say about Waluigi so far on this forum. Thank you.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
GenG said:
The same could be said about G&W, Peach and other non-fighter characters. There are plenty tools in Animal Crossing to start with, and this franchise has become widely known so needs representation in Brawl.
uhmm, maybe you'r rithg, But Peach, is PEACH! from Mario! and the MARIO GAMES ARE THE MARIO GAMES!, and G&W is a retrocharacter, and, about the representation of Animal Crossing in Brawl, well according to that and according another post of u (about Pichu) take out PICHU and put TOM NOOK like another JOKE for Brawl =P
and problem resolved! =)

100links

Smash Ace
McFox said:
Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno
o_O what fox said...

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
ninja232 said:
Mario Vs Tom nook who would win?
Tom Nook FOR SURE!
looool! jajaja

Nah! just kiddin'! how dare u asking that! lool! OBVIOSLY MARIO would WIN!

ninja232 said:
lol nook's specal would be blab to death(he keeps talking until the enemys die
and..... loooool! u'r so cruel with Tom Nook! How can u say "Blab to death"!! ? jajaja just, think about it! and imagine.... fighting in Brawl versus Tom Nook! and, POOF! you're death because "SUPER BLABING"special move! lol

Ok... you're mean!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
We need Slippy.

1. His traction (And therefore wavedash) would be like Luigi's
2. His Shine would be Like Fox's

= Ultimate Waveshine supreme.

Plus he would have a really high jump.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I don't think Slippy is popular enough to be added. Most people would just hate him. Besides, if any new Star Fox character is added, it would be Krystal. Possibly with her staff.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
vyse said:
We need Slippy.
I've said this before, THAT FROG DESERVES TO DIE!

He is so annoying

Always telling you important stuff like "FOX! WATCH OUT FOR THE MINES!!" AFTER you hoit a cluster of them.

Also, "YOU MISED A GOLDEN RING!" I KNOW THAT, YOU FRIGGIN FROG! JUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!
He also suckjs as a pilot, though on the 64, he wasn't as bad as Peppy ot Katrina (i thnk it was called that).

NukeA6

Smash Master
vyse said:
We need Slippy.

1. His traction (And therefore wavedash) would be like Luigi's
2. His Shine would be Like Fox's

= Ultimate Waveshine supreme.

Plus he would have a really high jump.
We're good without him. Trust me, a wimpy frog ,who I had to save almost all the time in the Star Fox games, does not belong in Brawl. Besides, wouldn't he be a Fox clone?

Top Bottom