• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

saberhof

Smash Master
Blace said:
Ganondorf reworked? why? Ganondorf is awesome!
That would suck if he was. Once you get use to him you can own with him. I would hate it if he was reworked.
yep its gonna suck but what can u do...ganondorf might get his sword thats pretty cool

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I love how Ganondorf plays, but I'm sure changing him to a swordfighter would be for the better. That'd mean more range.

This thread now has 1,002 posts in it!

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
I love how you assume that just because he gets to use his sword he will have more range then normal. They CAN make him have more range then any of his kicks punches, BUT they dont HAVE to just because he is holding a sword. this is a short post so- Sword =/= range.

Nickoten

Smash Rookie
icymatt said:
What if they had Falco's newest costume, but kept his old design? Everybody wins!
Uh, you're going to have to explain this to me. Do you mean if they had both costumes being selectable?

Shark X

Smash Lord
Nickoten said:
Uh, you're going to have to explain this to me. Do you mean if they had both costumes being selectable?
I to find costumes doubtful. They would of done it in Melee if they planned for costumes. But considering not every character would have a costume (Mario= Dr. Mario, Racoon Mario, Cape Mario, 8-Bit Mario. Luigi= Same as Mario, minus Dr. Luigi. Wario= Classic Wario. Kirby = The many different Kirby Hats. DK= DK Jr, Classic DK. Samus= Dark Samus, Fusion Samus. Fox= Classic Fox, Adventures Fox, Assalt Fox. Krystal= Adventures Krystal, Assalt Krystal. Sonic= Classic Sonic. Megaman= Megaman X, Megaman Legends, Megaman EXE.), and these werej ust examples. I can name plenty of characters I can't imagine with a costume (Meta-Knight, Pikachu (although I guess his hats were enough, and give his color change to get rid of that annoying always yellow color), Jigglypuff (same), Sheik, Bowser, Mewtwo (unless they use Cyber Mewtwo), and Yoshi).

icymatt

Smash Lord
Nickoten said:
People complain about how Falco looks weird in Assault. I think it the way the character was drawn, he was more lanky and 'girlish'. If they just use the current costume on Falco as he was drawn in the Melee art, it'd be fine.

Although, I do like the idea of unlockable costumes.

And this is Marx:

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Marx would be weird. I mean we already have Kirby and Metaknight. We are probably getting King Dedede and Lolo as well. I doubt Marx will be in Brawl.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I think it would be pretty cool if Marx was the final boss of whatever new 1-player mode they have.

icymatt

Smash Lord
As a side note, X is the only Mega Man main character(to my knowledge) to never be featured in a cross-over game. Weird, really.

Nickoten

Smash Rookie
Shark X said:
Where did Bass crossover?
Weren't they all in that Mega Man fighting game? Well, it was an arcade game where you basically fought a long series of bosses without the "stages" in between. I dunno if you'd consider it a fighting game, but that's the best description I could give.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Nickoten said:
Weren't they all in that Mega Man fighting game? Well, it was an arcade game where you basically fought a long series of bosses without the "stages" in between. I dunno if you'd consider it a fighting game, but that's the best description I could give.
it was called megaman the power battles/fighters. its hard to find in acrades, but you can play it in the megaman aniversary collection. it was not a crossover fighting game! >.< it has MM characters only.

Peeze

Smash Master
I didn't see any charcters from the f-zero series on the polls. everyone has thought about adding characters from other series what about Samurai Goroh the rival bounty hunter from F-Zero(he was a trophy in SSBM)?

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Bass is from Mega Man 7, and was in every game after that, including the spinoffs like Rockman and Forte (which was rereleased on the GBA in the US as Megaman and Bass) and Mega Man Battle and Chase. He also appears as a playable character in Rockman and Forte and the two Mega Man arcade games, Power Fighters and the Power Battles (both of which are excellent fun).

As for Tron, she's from the Mega Man Legends games (Rockman Dash), so she's actually from the way far off future of the Mega Man Universe. But she got her own spinoff games, the Misadventures of Tron Bonne 1 and 2, and appears in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 as a fighter alongside the original Mega Man and Roll, as well as one of her Servbots.

Does that clear it all up? (hopefully :laugh:)

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
The top 7 most voted on your list are the ones that i gather from forums and SSBB discussions to be the top suggestions, so that is good news.
If even some of those top characters get in, I will be ecstatic.
Also, I would love to play as Geno, that would be so cool...
I saw this thread earlier and then couldn't find it again for a long time.
Finally, I found it and it has 69 pages of replies, and it deserves them!

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
My one question is how come there is a lack of third-party characters on the top votes?
Seems like either that is being decided by the staff only or by which third parties show enthusiasm to have their characters included...

icymatt

Smash Lord
It's probably the same reason why most of the characters didn't get mentioned multiple times: So there would be a diverse number of ideas displayed on the site. Remember, this is only about 300 letters from over 100000, who knows how many times every character was asked for in total?

Reno_

Smash Cadet
haha, holy crap, magnus from ogre battle. that'd be awesome. i really miss that game(ogre battle 64), though black queen for ps1 was just as good.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
looking at the list, they have G-red in there! he would be awesome. gotcha force rocked out loud. well he would at least be cool as an item, being he's about 6 inches tall.

Top Bottom