• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character you see the most in For Glory?

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Lucinas, oddly enough. Then a handful of spindashing sonics, that don't ever get that I'm just blocking and punishing like I'm playing first day Virtua Fighter or something.

Otoshimo

Smash Rookie
:4littlemac:every friecking damn match. not even good ones... jolt hay-maker, roll doge, jolt hay-maker.
and back slashing:4shulk: like there's no tomorrow. like seriously, people must all break their A-buttons before they play this game.... Side-B every friecking time with these two guys. it's especially sad seeing Shulk since I just so happen to main Shulk...

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
In order of most common to kinda common for me would be, :4mario::4falcon::4link::4yoshi::4ganondorf::4samus:. I pretty much never run into :4littlemac: anymore, and if I do I feel like it's usually cause I opened with Mac and they either want a silly mirror match or they want to show me my Mac is absolute trash. Mario and Falcon seems like the new FG try-hard character based on what I end up playing.

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Players in the west really love Little Mac and Samus. Mario and Captain Falcon too.
But when I fight japanese players, the scene seems to be dominated by :4jigglypuff:
Of course alot of people switch to projectile spammers like Samus, Link or Robin if I'm playing as Ganon.

As for rarest fighters, I was shocked to see someone playing Olimar online yesterday, I had no concept of Olimar's playstyle and was quickly and effortlessly rekt.

Lanayru3

Smash Rookie
:4falcon:Falcons. Everywhere. I know I'm a Falcon main myself, but I really don't know why so many people use him. I kind of understand why Little Mac used to be the character I saw all the time, but other than that, I've mostly a lot of (in no particular order):

:4mario:, :4littlemac:, :4myfriends:, :4ganondorf:, :4samus:, and :4link:.

Last edited:

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
1. :4link: He's everywhere but if I'm using Rosalina I can easily beat the projectile spam. Not possible with other characters
2. :4ness: God this kid is annoying. It's not the matchup he is just frustrating to look at.
3. :4zss: If I die to her f***ing down-b again I might just shoot myself.
4. :4ganondorf: I just run into them a lot and I usually handily beat them
5. :4falcon: I may play against him all the time but I still have so much fun every time I play against falcon. 10/10

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
Ness: pk pk pk....back throw.

C falcon: too many of them.got tired of fighting him every other match.

Sonic: just sitting there spin dashing all day long also most of them stall

Link/toon link: bombs.boomerang,arrows.repeat

Little Mac:same as always.dash attack,mash a,side b off the ledge.

Last edited:

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
The ones I see most from my experience: Link, Samus, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Mario

The one's I see the least/rarerly : Meta Knight, Donkey Kong, Mr. Game & Watch, Peach, Diddy Kong (seriously why the lack of Diddy Kong since he's considered one of the best characters?) and Marth. Far more Lucina players than Marth players.

I am starting to see more Wii Fit Trainer and less Duck Hunt users lately.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
The ones I see most from my experience: Link, Samus, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Mario

The one's I see the least/rarerly : Meta Knight, Donkey Kong, Mr. Game & Watch, Peach, Diddy Kong (seriously why the lack of Diddy Kong since he's considered one of the best characters?) and Marth. Far more Lucina players than Marth players.

I am starting to see more Wii Fit Trainer and less Duck Hunt users lately.

There used to be more Duck Hunt users? O_o. Also, I been seeing more WFTs, oddly

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I see a lot of :4link:'s, :4lucina:'s, and :4littlemac:'s.
But when I go into For Fun, I see so many :4ness:'s.

PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE

I have a hard time figuring out if it's not the same guy, honestly.

Last edited:

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
There used to be more Duck Hunt users? O_o. Also, I been seeing more WFTs, oddly
Well not like really common, but a decent amount from my experience. Mostly on the 3DS version a couple of months ago. Duck Hunt is already staring to be rare. I don't see why since it's a good character.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
For being one of the best characters, I have yet to see a single Diddy online. Weird.
I think he's picking up. I've seen a lot more Diddy and Luigi players in the past couple of weeks than when the game first came out. Also, way too many Links, Captain Falcons, and Marths... After the latest patch, it seems like just everybody has dropped Greninja and Rosalina because I barely ever see them anymore.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Well not like really common, but a decent amount from my experience. Mostly on the 3DS version a couple of months ago. Duck Hunt is already staring to be rare. I don't see why since it's a good character.
People finding he blows at camping or just not digging the playstyle, I guess.

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
Ness, just Ness over and over, and they all play the exact same way, pretty sure they're all the same person

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
I think he's picking up. I've seen a lot more Diddy and Luigi players in the past couple of weeks than when the game first came out. Also, way too many Links, Captain Falcons, and Marths... After the latest patch, it seems like just everybody has dropped Greninja and Rosalina because I barely ever see them anymore.
Greninjas used to be everywhere on the 3ds,guess people saw him unplayable after he got nerfed.

I Agree on Luigi,fought 5 in a row last night,peeps been watching Boss lately.

D

Deleted member

I found a lot of Little Macs today and two of them were pretty decent. The rest were just... meh.

I was actually surprised to see a lot of Little Macs on the Wii U because I barely see many anymore. I think most of his mains went to characters like Diddy Kong, Luigi, and especially Captain Falcon.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrabLeg

Brown Boy Wonder
NNID
Maheen76220
3DS FC
4854-6626-0552
I'm starting to see a lot of Captain Falcons lately. When the game initially came out on 3ds, I faced a ton of Little Macs.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
YESZ! and HYEEAAAAH

(AKA Falcon and Link)

NNID
coloni_fan_98
Little mac AKA fsmash spam
Link/toon Link AKA arrow/boomerang spam
ZSS AKA unpunishable ;p

I don't even get why little mac/link are so common when they're not even considered top tier lol

Last edited:

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
1.:4falcon:: Why is he some common? Most of them aren't even that good. The worst part is if I'm doing poorly with the character I'm using and want to switch to my main (Falcon), I look like a one of these jerks that tries to show you up by using your own character.
Honorable mentions: :4littlemac:,:4zss:,:4mario:,:4ganondorf:,:4link:,:4tlink:

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
1.:4falcon:: Why is he some common? Most of them aren't even that good. The worst part is if I'm doing poorly with the character I'm using and want to switch to my main (Falcon), I look like a one of these jerks that tries to show you up by using your own character.
I'm not that good with Flacon, i main LInk, however Falcon & Gannondorf are the most enjoyable characters to be in smash. I loose 50% of the time, but it's always fun haha

QQue

Smash Rookie
NNID
QQninja
Because most stylish videos pretty much have a Captain Falcon in it. It's just entertaining to watch and play, especially if you're the one styling.

El_Mariachi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Marvinho
1. :4ness: F*** you, pk fire, pk thunder, and back throw
2. :4link: Throw boomerang, fire arrow, roll towards ledge, fsmash, repeat

3. :4mario: Dthrow, up tilt, up tilt, up tilt, up b. Every single Mario does this.
4. :4luigi: Dthrow, fair, fair. Every Luigi does this.

5. :4dedede: Stop chucking Gordos all around the stage! :mad:

PixelPerfect

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Link1182
1. :4littlemac: What do you think?
2.:4link: Bomb, boomerang, bow, roll. Repeat forever.
3.:4marth:They only fsmash
4.:4sonic: Despite his speed, the match never goes fast
5.:4bowser: Bowser bomb

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Lately, since Abadango has come into light, a LOT more Pac-Mans have been appearing.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
:4link: : Yes, Link alone. The big Link apparently is cooler for kids.
:4falcon: : " Let me show you how good Falcon is. " . Fails at defeating my Doc'.
:4ness: : Bthrow and P.K fire is apparently the perfect strategy for them. Too bad Doc has a good matchup with him. And no, pills can't be eaten by a DownB, you need to be hit for that.
:4shulk: : It's either a horrible Monado Boy that never uses his monados or a good one that keep doing aerials to scare people. Either way, he's pretty predictable.
:4sonic: : The character that I hate because I don't know how to fight him. He's common, but since they are always bad, it doesn't help me.

Classic characters on FG if I would say so myself.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I do it anyway though because these Falcon scrubs need to learn to give him a better name rather than spamming every special in their arsenal.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I've seen nothing but these for far too long x.x

:4lucina::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4lucina::4marth::4marth::4marth::4lucina::4marth::4robinm::4robinf::4marth::4robinf::4myfriends::4lucina::4marth::4shulk:

Everyone else has been less than 2% for me and I've no idea why, but dang does it get boring fast :I

( I've never even seen a single :4littlemac: ._.; )

Last edited:

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
:4diddy::4falcon::4link: These 3 recently, first two are understandable but I don't get why everyone loves Link.

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
1. C Falcon
2. Little Mac
3. Link/Toon Link
4. Luigi
5. Charizard (shoutout to flare blitz)

They must have realized his poor aerial vulnerability. Lmao

They used to be everywhere. Lol

Though, when you face so many, you sort of adapt a lot quicker and exploit him much more often.

I get to the point where I get a bit disappointed when people tell me they main him.
He sorta reminds me of how Pit was in Brawl. Really good, but due to recovery, drops him down several notches in terms of tiers. (Pit's Up-B didn't refresh on getting hit in case anyone doesn't know why) I used to main him, but quickly realized I'd have no chance competitively. So I picked up Weegee, Rosalina, and Peach.

Though when I do play him, it's mostly to test if I can overcome his recovery handicap...unfortunately last time it was against Mario, probably Mac's Achile's Heel due to F.L.U.D.D., so that didn't go so well. Plus, I normally run into C. Falcons or people that just sit on the edge now-a-days, so Mac's all but had his time in the FG spotlight.

:4diddy::4falcon::4link: These 3 recently, first two are understandable but I don't get why everyone loves Link.
Probably because Link is easy to use and has spammable projectiles. Tried fighting one with Wario yesterday and I took 80%+ before even touching him. Combine that with how fast and far his backroll goes, he can kite and fight from range easier than most others.

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
Probably because Link is easy to use and has spammable projectiles. Tried fighting one with Wario yesterday and I took 80%+ before even touching him. Combine that with how fast and far his backroll goes, he can kite and fight from range easier than most others.
His projectiles are slow as balls though, I'm power sheilding links all day

His projectiles are slow as balls though, I'm power sheilding links all day
Arrow isn't when charged. And I tried the shield and roll method of getting close but he would just roll away faster or grab me if I got too close. It's more than likely poor counter play on my part against Link in general and that I just started playing Wario not 5 days ago.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Five most seen:
1. :4falcon:
2. :4link:
3. :4mario:
4. :4zss:
5. :4sonic:

Five least seen:
5. :4dedede:
4. :4palutena:
3. :4olimar:
2. :4drmario:
1. :4metaknight: (3 in ~2300 matches)

D

Deleted member

I kinda don't play FG that much do to lag issues, but when I do play, starting from the 3DS days, I usually run into :4link::4littlemac::4myfriends::4marth::4falcon: a lot. For some odd reason, I've never played a Diddy Kong on FG, despite how great of a character he is.

Top Bottom