• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character you see the most in For Glory?

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
Arrow isn't when charged. And I tried the shield and roll method of getting close but he would just roll away faster or grab me if I got too close. It's more than likely poor counter play on my part against Link in general and that I just started playing Wario not 5 days ago.
I'm not sure since I don't play wario at all but I know his b attack can eat projectiles maybe It works on arrows?

I have an easier time with spam since my main has a reflector as well as his own spam. I would say your best bet is to jump over the arrows twoards him don't perform an attack and land next to him. This will get you in safer than roll as if he tries to grab he'll miss and you can punish with a smash or your own grab. If he tries to attack you right away after landing just sheild. At least you'll have brought it back to neutral as you're too close for him to spam anytging other than boomerang at this point

I'm not sure since I don't play wario at all but I know his b attack can eat projectiles maybe It works on arrows?

I have an easier time with spam since my main has a reflector as well as his own spam. I would say your best bet is to jump over the arrows twoards him don't perform an attack and land next to him. This will get you in safer than roll as if he tries to grab he'll miss and you can punish with a smash or your own grab. If he tries to attack you right away after landing just sheild. At least you'll have brought it back to neutral as you're too close for him to spam anytging other than boomerang at this point
I tried doing the eating thing at the start, but just gave up on it since he can hold his arrows but Wario can only keep his mouth open for so long. Not to mention there's a period where he can be punished even if he does eat something. Personally though I'd like to see Wario's neutral B disable a projectile like boomerang or banana for 5 seconds or something if he eats it. It'd provide good counter play and make people think more on what they throw at him.

That's a good idea, my problem is I'll try and throw out attacks 99/100 on a jump in and put myself in vulnerable spots ^^; Just in my nature to do so. But that was just my first match against a Link with Wario, so I'm sure with practice I can get better. I mean I beat the Link when I switched to Little Mac and Luigi, so it was more match-up and inexperience on my part. Though you do give good advice so thank you for that.:)

D

Deleted member

I once saw three Pac-Mans in a row and a lot were attempting to do what Abadango did.

...It's also incredibly annoying to see people switch to Mario because I main Luigi.

NeymarJr24

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1375-7811-4471
1.- :4falcon:
2.- :4shulk:
3.- :4littlemac:
When I started to play online, I hated this characters, but, now I love play with they because the most of matches won, why I know the most movements of this players.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Most common:
1. :4littlemac: (mostly out of pocket; players choose him after losing the first match, only to lose worse the second)
2. :4falcon:
3. :4link:
4. :4shulk:
5. :4zss:

Least common:
1. :4rob:
2. :4metaknight:
3. :4olimar: (specifically him; I've fought more :4alph:s)
4. :4robinm:
5. :4wiifit:

In For Glory doubles (which can be 100x more infuriating), it's an entirely different story. The 'most common' list looks like this:

1. :4charizard:
2. :4charizard:
3. :4charizard:
4. :4charizard:
5. :4charizard:

Last edited:

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
Ugh, I can't seem to get away from Falcons and Sheiks.
As a ROB main and as someone who's new to the competitive scene of smash, I'm still learning the matchups for my character. Captain F. doesn't pose much of a problem, but Sheiks have been very common for me. And much of a pain.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Top 5 most frequented foes:

:4yoshi::4mario::4sheik::4sonic::4falcon:

I am excited whenever I see anyone else. I have been running into Yoshi's since the 3DS game came out. Why are there so many of you!? Why do you guys always find me!?

Last edited:

Niiiiiaiiiick

Smash Cadet
NNID
chaddertonu
3DS FC
5112-3996-5884
:4shulk:. Buster, side-b spam. Pretty easy to understand.
:4diddy:. Hey, Meta-Knight 2! What's up?
:4falcon:. Some Falcons I find really have some good MOVES. Others... don't.
:4darkpit:. Side-b spam. Win.
:4littlemac:. How could I forget this guy?

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
:4tlink: Spam Boomerang, and then go for grabs
:4link: Spam Arrow and Boomerang, (always damages himself with bombs), has OP smash attacks, and seems to always Dair when in the air
:4iggy:Clown car from side to side. Never uses mecha koopas, and goes for Bairs repeatedly
:4sheik: 90% of Sheiks online are terrible. I think the lag really affects her badly
:4fox:Usually when I beat someone they switch to Fox, and then I just beat them again

I seriously only fight Toon Link or Link about 80% of the time on For Glory. I think having no platforms and the lag benefits those two characters the most

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
:4falcon::4sonic::4ness::4mario::4yoshi:

I need to burn them all...

But yeah seriously, i dont even wanna play this game anymore because these bafoons and their safe shenanigans

Last edited:

Pretty Princess

Smash Cadet
NNID
lordgooomy
3DS FC
0559-7269-5928
:4falcon:
:4ganondorf:

Literally a third of my FG matches, now. I almost want the Little Macs to come back. :c

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
1. Captain Falcon
2. Sonic
3. Little Mac
4. Yoshi
5. Mario

I honestly can't play a single hour without seeing all of them at least once. As for the characters I see the least:

1. Palutena
2. Rosalina & Luma
3. Meta Knight
4. Duck Hunt
5. Diddy Kong

Brazen Rook

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phrymz
Most common:
:4falcon: Some are good players, most are bad, all of them are EVERYWHERE.
:4ganondorf: If its not falcon, its his slower, evil, long-lost cousin.
:4link: Arrow! Boomerang! Bomb! Opponent gets too close? Better mash my C-stick and then roll to the other side of the stage and repeat.
:4tlink: Same as above, but with extra Dair.
:4ness: PK Fire x9001!, constantly misses grab for back throw, gets launched off stage, fails recovery horrendously or just gets gimped, GAME!

Fairly common:
:4sonic: Gotta spam side-B fast!
:4shulk:Most of them either forget about the Monado Arts, or use the wrong ones at the wrong time.
:4falco: Sometimes used to 'counterpick' my ROB, yet they often still lose simply because the player just isn't very good.
:4samus: The same story as the Links, really.

Rarely seen:
:4olimar: I don't understand why this guy is so under appreciated.
:4metaknight: I have yet to see him and I don't know why.
:4wiifit: Same as Metaknight.
:4gaw: Only ever seen him once, and that was from a bad player who wanted to 'counterpick' me and bucket my lasers, only to get hit by my gyro whenever he tried.

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
Recently it's been these two:

:4sheik:- I've only seen one good one. The rest I guess just heard she was top tier and decided to hop on the train they can do her f tilt string and maybe some fairs but nothing else.

:4mario:- I guess he's well rounded so a lot of new comers use him. He's got d throw to some up tilts and that's it. After they just run around spamming cape and spot dodge while I rotor arm them.

I've literally seen one :4metaknight: over a thousand games, I have no idea what he does lol.

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
@Brazen Rock

The reason you don't see any Wii Fit trainers is because she is without a doubt the most boring character in the game. She has no personality and all her moves are imo lackluster. Her only good move is that stupid ball she charges and that playstyle can get very dull very quick.

As for meta knight, I feel like he is actually quite strong in this game, but I think people don't play him because they are bored of playing him from brawl

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
@Brazen Rock

The reason you don't see any Wii Fit trainers is because she is without a doubt the most boring character in the game. She has no personality and all her moves are imo lackluster. Her only good move is that stupid ball she charges and that playstyle can get very dull very quick.

As for meta knight, I feel like he is actually quite strong in this game, but I think people don't play him because they are bored of playing him from brawl
I thought WFT was not played because shes weird to play, not really because shes lackluster. Ive been dominated by a WFT so ye

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Seems like when I play someone more than once and the first match is either :4ganondorf:, :4falcon:, :4charizard:, or :4littlemac:

If I lose, they stay the same character. If I win, they switch to polar opposites of those characters, mostly :4samus:, :4megaman:,:4link:, and :4tlink:.

This is part of the reason I leave after one match any more.

Brazen Rook

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phrymz
@Brazen Rock

No personality? That can't be it. Have you seen her smash attacks? She practically taunts you as she attacks! And don't get me started on what she says in her victory poses. So I think the reason is pretty much what @ KittyKyat KittyKyat said... She just plays differently to most the cast.

P.S. It's Brazen Rook ;)

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
I've seen more than my fair share of...
1. :4littlemac:Everytime he appears I get annoyed because a lot of the battles stop being fun... the better ones abuse the super armor and prevent me from punishing... and because Bowser Jr's grab is terrible I especially have difficulty... against the better ones I tend to lose cuz they keep punching through my attacks. :(
2. :4mario:Step 1. Down throw. Step 2. Uptilt. Step 3. Uptilt. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until above 50 damage or ready to start spamming smash attacks. :( Even if I learned to beat these Marios, I am tired of the same battle... over and over again.
3.:4falcon:DASH GRAB. DASH ATTACK. DASH AGAIN!
4. :4link:THROW OUT PROJECTILES. Y)OU DO NOT HAVE A SWORD.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
1. :4bowser:
2. :4ganondorf:

3. :4falcon:

4. :4yoshi:

5. :4sheik:

Not sure why I see so much ganon and bowser. But I do. I RARELY get :4diddy: and I've heard tons of complaining about vsing tons of him online.

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
Diddy's not so bad.

I have yet to lose to one with both my mains.

Last edited:

visvim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
visvim-1893
3DS FC
1736-0405-5625
Links. Links everywhere. Mac hype has died down, but he's still up there.

Surprisingly few Diddys (inb4 wave of FG hoo-hah spammers).

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
I always see a couple of Little Mac's and Captain Falcon's whenever I go online. However, most of them are spammers and are pretty easy to predict, especially the Little Mac users. I've also been seeing a lot of villagers lately, and some of them are actually quite annoying.

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
All Villagers are annoying, but I play Zelda and wreck Villager so hard

It also makes my day when they drop the bowling ball off the edge and I reflect it and kill them instantly

Last edited:

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
I always see a couple of Little Mac's and Captain Falcon's whenever I go online. However, most of them are spammers and are pretty easy to predict, especially the Little Mac users. I've also been seeing a lot of villagers lately, and some of them are actually quite annoying.
Villagers... ugh... Lmao I can't stand the little nugget. His edgegame is too good. Lol Though, a lot of people make it very predictable, it's a ridiculously safe strategy.

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
Villagers... ugh... Lmao I can't stand the little nugget. His edgegame is too good. Lol Though, a lot of people make it very predictable, it's a ridiculously safe strategy.
Yeah, I had a lot of trouble against most villages in the beginning. However, I'm doing much better now since I'm starting to adapt to their strategy (which, as you said, is very predictable). Ughhhh... I really hate Villager and his pesky slingshot.

Doctor_Mario

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised Dr. Mario isn't in your rarely seen lists, I encounter one doctor mario per 500 matches. Rough estimate.

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
Yeah, I had a lot of trouble against most villages in the beginning. However, I'm doing much better now since I'm starting to adapt to their strategy (which, as you said, is very predictable). Ughhhh... I really hate Villager and his pesky slingshot.
His slingshot is such a safe option for him. I seriously have no idea how to approach him most of the time when he uses that.

Decent knockback, quick execution, and projectile. Lol

It's ridiculous.

Top Bottom