• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character you see the most in For Glory?

muddykips

Smash Apprentice
NNID
skippykips
3DS FC
3609-1085-1849
falcon for days, and they all use up taunt. they never tell me to come on or show them my moves

like do you even realize what character you're playing

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
falcon for days, and they all use up taunt. they never tell me to come on or show them my moves

like do you even realize what character you're playing
Those who not know the Falcon code are not worthy to wield such graceful character.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
I don't see that many Falcon players anymore, but before I used to see them all the damn time. Now I run into:

:4mario:Up tilt x99999 and the only way they know to kill is by back throw and fludd if you are able to make it back.
:rosalina:CAN THIS ****ING MATCH JUST END ALREADY.
:4ness:PK Fire > d throw > fair x2-3, annoying up b juggling ALL THE DAMN TIME
:4link:You know Link has a sword right? You should use it for more than only smash attacks...
:4tlink:^
:4sonic:Side b and/or down b spam (I don't remember which is which)
:4ganondorf:You try WAY too hard to disrespect and fail miserably
:4pacman:You know, Pac-Man can do more than just be campy. Even top players who use this guy don't realize this.
:4diddy:Do you really want to win that much that you switch to him just to try and beat me? It's just for glory, not a tournament or money match.
:4sheik:50% I feel like they use her because they actually like her, but the other 50% I think ^

Last edited:

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
I've actually seen a fair few :4luigi:recently. :4zss:Also shows up a lot, aswell as :4sheik:popping up every other match. It's strange, I expect to see a few more :rosalina:, but she has only popped up a handful of times while I've been playing online...

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4falcon:FALCON GLORY MODE:4falcon:
Link, Ness, Fox, Sonic, and Pikachu are some other common ones. Ironically enough, haven't seen a whole lot of Diddy online, at least not as much as the aforementioned characters. Maybe people realized that Diddy does, in fact, take time to learn and isn't just a "pick up and win" character.

Comet Knight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ben.Y32
3DS FC
2208-6123-2254
:4littlemac: Best LM combo 3v@r. Dash attack, dash, dash, roll, dash, roll, roll, dash, roll, super armored smash attack. Only seen one good Mac.

:4sonic: Spindash or dash attack > aerial. Go watch 6WX, got gud scrubs. I can't believe I'm saying this but I found an amazing sonic, but he was actually a Mega Main, sonic was just secondary from what I could tell.

:4link:/:4tlink: Duck Hunt 2.0? Only seen one very good of each.

:4mario: I can't say much about the uptilt combo because it works, it's easy to get out of. I've seen it be able to be mixed up, but no one does. Always tries to kill with Fludd or back throw...

:4falcon: Raptor boost, and dash. I have only seen one really godlike Falcon.

Oh and I also see a ton of :4fox::4falco: because they think lazer spam and reflector is all you need to beat my main man :4villager:.

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
Too much Ness PK Fire Grab forward air forward air spammers and too much Sonic Side B Up air up-b up air Spammers. Too much Link players who just throw a frenzy of projectiles and try to camp at the edge. WAYYYYY too much Little Mac's who just spam smash attacks because of their absurd priorities. Too much Zero Suit Samus Paralyzer Grab Up air Up air people, but seriously nerf that paralyzer that does too much damage as if the fact that it stunned you and left you vulnerable to a smash attack wasn't enough. Lots of Dark Pit Spammers who use Side B and never any Pit Players, only twice I've encountered pit players who actually play and know how to guide arrows and the other times I've never encountered any players who use Pit's guided arrows. Too much Shulk players that backslash instead of actually ****ing using the Monado Arts, but when they do they only use Buster and Smash and Shield when they're almost dead just to stall the match (Jump Monado is seriously over-rated, it's more powerful than Smash). Rosalina's who stall the match and only have Luma do the fightning is the worst. I've lost 7 times because it goes to the timer and its sudden death and the first thing they do is send luma to fight and keep an annoying distance or just wait for a moment to take advantage of Luma's Little Mac like priorities.

D

Deleted member

I encountered three Foxes today in For Glory.
Did someone play a really good Fox in Smash 4 and some people are following suit? (I remember seeing three Pac-Mans after Apex 2015 with Abadango's performance)

Uffe

Smash Hero
Characters I normally see.

:4ganondorf: I love the guy, but if you're just going to sandbag the first match, don't expect a second, because by how bad you're using Ganondorf, chances are I'm not going to play you again.
:4falcon:Also love this character, but so many of them try too hard with the knee and spiking. I don't understand the whole dash towards you, roll back, repeat method. Anybody who uses Falcon this way needs to stop. He's not Little Mac.
:4mario:Grab > d-throw > u-tilt. This method doesn't really work on my main. I usually end up just nairing out of it or move up and away. Also, they expect me to use PKF and Cape a lot. The thing is, I don't use PKF a lot against Mario's in FG, because I'm expecting that Cape. So when I do use PKF, it usually always lands. F.L.U.D.D. has probably gimped me once since this games release. Other than that, it's just a tool that helps me by flinging me upward, allowing me to return to the stage.
:4luigi:Grab > d-throw > fair/uair/Cyclone. Other than that, nothing but Fireballs, dash attacks, an attempted misfires.
:4littlemac:You're as free as your ringside tickets. Stop.
:4link::4tlink:Projectile everywhere and a lot of u-smashes because of my aerial game.
:4marth::4lucina:Sword Dance, Shield Breaker, and Counter. You've been baited.
:4zelda::4palutena:So boring to play against.
:4sonic:If you're just going to run, go back to racing or whatever it is you do.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I've been seeing quite a few :4rob:'s recently. Way back in the 3DS days, I saw pretty much nothing but :4littlemac:'s. It really got annoying after a while. Thank god they nerfed him.
From a perspective of "him being around less because people heard he was nerfed", yes.
From a gameplay perspective...no. Just, no. Mac did not deserve to get nerfed. that old Side-B made his recovery less awful, and weakening his jab was just sad.

Nowadays I see a lot of :4jigglypuff:suprisingly. That's really odd considering I thought for awhile I was almost the only Jiggs on FG.
I also see wayyyy too many :4marth::4lucina:pizza. I may just notice them more because I despise Shield Breaker with all my heart, but I swear there's more of them recently.

Pikia

Smash Rookie
NNID
PikiPie
Mostly run into Falcon, Ness, and Link, and everyone always has the exact same play style which is kind of boring. Been seeing Rosalina and Pit pop up a bit more lately too.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
:4falcon:Falcon: with the same Dthrow/Dash Attack up air combos
:4zss:ZSS: doing down b every 2 seconds
:4mario:Mario: using the classic demo dthrow uptilt
:4yoshi:Yoshi: which I just hate in general

TheSteveEngine

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSteveEngine
3DS FC
3909-7548-2082
:4bowser:Even after the hype of the San Diego Comic Con dying down, I see this guy every now and then. Seems to enjoy dash attacks and Side B.
:4falcon: Feel partiallyresponsible for flooding FG with this guy, he's my secondary. (Main is Dr. Mario). I've faced some good, some bad. Usually the latter. It's satisfying disrespecting these people with a PAWNCH. That being said, if any of you know a good character that cover's Doc's weaknesses (low mobility and reach) then I'm all ears.
:4pit::4darkpit:- Saw these guys a lot a couple of days ago. Their players were really good too. Not complaining if they put up a fight.
:4littlemac:- The obligatory. U-throw says hai
:4link::4zelda:- I generally interpret these people as Zelda fans who only bought the game because they heard that these two are actually good now. I only know of one person who can use these two effectively. More power to you if you know how to play as them effectively though.
:4mario:- Predictable. I used to main as this guy too. Kinda irks me to see people spam d-throw u-tilt. How original. Granted, it's good, but these people fail to realize that Mario's limbs are stubby = poor reach
:4ness:- PK FIRE!
:4villager::4villagerf:- See these guys sometimes. They're generally played by good people. Sure, I see them but if they put up a challenge...
:4wiifit:- I see these people in the 3DS version more, but they're there. I don't have an opinion on them. Their skill really depends.
:4zss:- Easy-bake combo simulator 2015, neutral B, side smash, dash attack, dash grab, up-b to victory... Until they become predictable.
:4ganondorf:- Side B is popular with this one. If they're not good they get combo'd to hell and back.
:4sheik:- Very polarizing playerbase. Some of them are played by some of the best people I've fought on FG, others end up as punching bags for characters I've considered maining but never got around to.

I'd like to say that if you're good with these characters, that's a great thing and more power to you. However, if you're expecting a one-way ticket to victory as Mac or the Falcon, you can expect to get combo'd into oblivion. For Glory ain't a playground unless you make it one.

sixkami

Smash Cadet
NNID
ifwjay
3DS FC
0044-3489-7158
When the game was still new, I would see :4littlemac:in almost every match. Now I'm always seeing :4mario: desperately fishing for spikes and :4falcon: with those combos.

Last edited:

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
For the characters I see the most often:
There is the classic rolling all the way with projectile spamming with :4tlink:/:4link: and :4samus:.
There are those super easy to do combos with :4mario:,:4zss: ,:4falcon: and :4ness:
There are these that do the same moves all the times like :4sonic: ,:4diddy: and :4ness:
Obligatory :4littlemac:'s that most of the time end up killing themselves with Side B or dash attack to the ledge to get thrown off stage to get gimped
Those guys that pick :4ganondorf: to try to disrepect...
And the salty switches to :4diddy:

On the other hand, :4dk:,:4gaw:,:4olimar:, :4wiifit: and :4zelda: don't exist whatsoever and :rosalina: has left since her nerf a while ago,

Last edited:
Top Bottom