• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character you see the most in For Glory?

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
For my, it's Toon Link. I use him, yes, but it seems everyone is in the Toon Link bandwagon.

But about like 70% of them are very well, not good.

They just either jump around, roll spam, spam Up B on the ground, Or just spam the arrow, the boomerang or the bombs.

Who's the character you see the most in for glory?

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
I get quite a number of Little Macs online. Lol Though most of them are easy to get rid of.

Only a select few gave me a bit of trouble.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Little Mac. My second most seen would be Yoshi, followed by Captain Falcon then Ness.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I get all the Captain Falcons T-T. I really don't like to verse them when there is some input lag, as my main's best approach to dealing with them is to respond to their approaches. Little Macs are not rare. Everyone else has seemed about average or lower.

HiddenKitsune

Smash Cadet
NNID
CosmicCucco
3DS FC
4639-9331-4635
Too many Sonics and Ikes for me. Not too annoying, but every Sonic does the same damn thing. Too predictable.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
1. :4falcon:
2. :4sheik:
3. :4fox:
4. :4yoshi:
5. :4link:

Give or take a few here and there, it's roughly in that order.

Out of interest, I think my least-seen would be:

1. :4olimar:
2. :4bowserjr:
3. :4wario2:
4. :4wiifit:
5. :4zelda:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
1. :4ness: - One grab, if he gets in just one grab, the whole match is over, and more and more people are figuring that out.
2. :4link: - I've given up even trying against them.
3. :4falcon: - Thankfully most of them are easy, but now that it's been discovered he's high-tier...
4. :4tlink: - ...yes.
5. :4diddy: - I will and do just plain dive off the stage here.

In case you haven't guessed, I'm sick of those five.

I surprisingly don't see that many :4littlemac: anymore, though... Huh...

Last edited:

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
1: Ness
2: Link
3: Captain Falcon
4: Mario
5: Sonic

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
****ing Captain Falcons everywhere.
I don't know about you, but I enjoy Falcon dittos so much. Lmao It's practically a show of who can finish it off with a Knee or a Falcon Punch. Lmfao

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
I surprisingly don't see that many :4littlemac: anymore, though... Huh...
They must have realized his poor aerial vulnerability. Lmao

They used to be everywhere. Lol

Though, when you face so many, you sort of adapt a lot quicker and exploit him much more often.

I get to the point where I get a bit disappointed when people tell me they main him.

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
  1. Lil Mac
  2. Mario
  3. Link
  4. Captain Falcon
  5. Sheik
The occurrence has actually changed from my run of the 3DS version.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Little Mac. Each and everytime, this is my reaction when I see him.

Alias

Smash Apprentice
1: c.f
practically every other match

2: mario
3: shulk
4: sonic
5: link
6: ness
7: lil mac
8: ganon

Last edited:

extremecoopster

Smash Cadet
NNID
kittykat2
1. :4falcon:
2. :4sheik:
3. :4fox:
4. :4yoshi:

Give or take a few here and there, it's roughly in that order.

Out of interest, I think my least-seen would be:

1. :4olimar:
2. :4bowserjr:
3. :4wario2:
4. :4wiifit:
5. :4zelda:
Of course MY main is at the very bottom! even less than Jigglypuff.. *Starts to cry in the corner* The only Oliamr main I have come across was named Green Thumb. (Mine is Pikman). Olimar is underpraised.

extremecoopster

Smash Cadet
NNID
kittykat2
Sorry for saying two things in a row. I don't know why but I have seen a ton of Shulks.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
out of my experience, I gotta say

:4falcon:
:4zss:
:4ness:
:4link:
:4littlemac:

the top 3 especially are everywhere when I play FG

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Went on a fairly lengthy session yesterday so time to list off all whom I found that isn't the same opponent:

:4falcon: Every other match
:4littlemac: Still as common as ever
:4link: Too much projectiles, too little swordplay
:4diddy: Switched in and did usual Diddy after I beat his :4villagerf: bad
:4pacman:/:4pikachu: Only one from each to end the night. These were the only characters whom I actually lost to...repeatedly...

RyanMelon

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanMelon
I feel like this is pretty accurate, but I feel like I see Bowser more than anything. They're mostly Down B and Dair spammers, but still... ;_;

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've seen a lot of the Macs, which was no surprise, since my first 1-on-1 match though they're mostly...well...you get the idea. I've only fought one skilled Mac user who puts up way more of a fight than those newbies who would SD off the edge after using Jolt Haymaker.

Last edited:

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
I find a surprising amount of Marths. Early in the 3DS version, there were a lot more Lucinas than Marths. I guess all those Lucina players decided to ditch their training wheels when the WiiU version was out.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Captain Falcon is the new Little Mac of For Glory. Everyone wants to land a Falcon Punch and save the replay.
Surpringly almost no Diddys though. I guess there is no point in being the best if you cant style on.

CannonGanon

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-1498-3334
ZSS wants my head I swear every dang match and they all suck

Last edited:

Pryze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Apollon1an
I've seen enough :4sonic: to last me a lifetime.

:4falcon: and :4ness: I also see rather frequently.

Last edited:

animeman201

Smash Rookie
1.:4zss:
2.:4link:
3.:rosalina:
4.:4littlemac:
5.:4bowser:
6.:4diddy:
Mainly these on both 3DS and Wii U. Anyone else have a flood of Duck Hunt matches when the 3DS version first came out?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
1. :4link:
2. :4link:
3. :4link:
4. :4link:

Boomerang, arrow, occasional sword hit, roll, repeat.

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
I don't play For Glory nearly as much as I used to (I've grown to hate Final Destination) but I still sometimes give it a pop.

And while I don't see nearly as many :4littlemac:as I used to, the ones I do see are the type who are good enough (given both FD and online latency that both make Mac a lot better than normal, and can cripple my :4shulk: and :4olimar:, and :4robinm: is just too slow in lag against him) that I can make hard read after hard read and get ploughed through regardless, because hard read + lag = whoops, too late! That's just Mac, though. I have little trouble with most other speedy characters. Well, outside of my Olimar, anyhow.

:4link: is also very popular, maybe due to Majora's Mask 3D hype, or because people find him hot (I think they're nuts, coming from a guy who likes both traps and studly types, plus that'd be mostly fangirls) but I have little trouble with him, as Shulk eats his bow/boomerang zoning for breakfast with n-air and Speed dashshielding, bombs aren't much more troublesome, and the Monado chews through the Master Sword, both in-canon and in this game. A particular memory I have vs. a Link is one of a dumb SD at the beginning of the game, followed by winning. Monado Speed, :GCL: :GCZ:+:GCR: :GCL: :GCX::GCCL: :GCDpad: (I left out the recovery)

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Before going through this, If you main the following characters and you play them in a healthy way than please don't bash me.

:4falcon: Could somebody explain me why this pest is everywhere? I'm sick off seeing him. I always gimp them and it stops being fun. None of them are good, I kill them WITH PK FLASH AND DAIR. Well, rising Dair but the move still sucks.
:4link:F*** THIS GUY. All they ever do is boomerang and arrow spam and do Upsmash when I get near. Can't PK Fire because rolls are broken and it can't hit and they shield PK Thunder and revenge kill with FSmash or Dash attack. No trouble with :4tlink:.
:4ness:Lately there have been a LOT of Nesses. I don't know exactly because he is very hard to use. Most dittos I win because they don't know most of the techs or I gimp them. But there are good Nesses out there.
:4mario:Annoying as hell.
:4zss: UGH, I hate her. ALL THEY EVER DO IS: A. DASH ATTACK B. PARALYZER C. DASH GRAB D. DAIR.
:4villager: F*** the Killager. I hate fighting this demonic kid.
Is there some cult following:4dk::4jigglypuff: ? Because I see many.

Surprisingly, I don't see a lot of the top/high tiers except :4zss::4ness::4falcon::4link:. With all the :4diddy:bias and :4sheik:bias, it is really impressive. Also, I don't see this guys very often :4yoshi::4marth::rosalina::4sonic::4greninja::4lucario::4fox:.

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
:4littlemac:. They are everywhere. Easily vs at least 5-6 out of 10 matches.

As for the player I see the least;:4jigglypuff:.

Kind of glad I don't see too many :4pikachu:, however when I do, I feel like it's a real challenge because he's my main!

D

Deleted member

:4falcon:They are everywhere now and they do the same exact crap over and over again. Just run and dash attack or grab. If you grab, down throw to up aerial. Falcon Kick when you see someone roll and try to finish someone off with a Raptor Boost. Hell, I've had one match where I was at a high percent of damage and he kept trying to finish me off with Raptor Boost and completely failed.
:4ganondorf:I see him a lot too. A lot of them love to use Flame Choke to down tilt.
:4littlemac:I still see him often in For Glory, but not as much as before. He does the same stuff that many Little Macs do and most of them are pretty pathetic. I haven't encountered any Little Macs that have use Jolt Haymaker off the stage.
:4link:I hate fighting Link because they mainly do the same annoying crap all the time, thus making these battles very boring and repetitive. Just spam the hell out of Bow and Boomerang, barely do any sword play, and finish people off with a side smash, up smash, or dash attack.
:4ness:Spam PK Fire and PK Thunder and you'll do well with Ness in For Glory! Oh! And grab! One back throw and you are practically guaranteed to die!
:4sheik:Most of them are a bit predictable with their down throw to fair combo. A lot of them use Burst Grenade too much as well.
:4sonic:Five quick steps to master Sonic! First, Spin Charge or Spin Dash. Second, jump and use an aerial attack like his up air, forward air, or back air. Third, you want to occasionally use the Homing Attack while in the air. Fourth, runaway. Fifth, repeat steps 1-4! It's the same battle over and over again.
:4yoshi:Egg Throw and and his aerials make fighting Yoshi a nightmare. I cringe whenever I see Yoshi for this reason.

Despite being "top tier," I haven't seen many Diddy Kongs.

Icebound

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1650-2557-8575
Most seen:
1. :4falcon: I actually enjoy playing against these. He's an entertaining character. It's especially really fun to play against a good Falcon.

2. :4mario: Can get on your nerves quickly with D throw Utilt spam. Many Marios tend to roll spam with his quick roll.

3.:4link: Too many Links don't know how to walk or run. They just roll. Roll to the edge of the stage, projectiles, when you get close smash attack, then roll to the other end of the stage (even though it's slower than running). Repeat.

Least seen:
1. :4duckhunt: I'm not sure why. He's a very roll-spammable character.

2. :rosalina: Again not sure why.

3. :4wiifitm:

4. :4yoshi: is my main but I don't see many at all.

5. :4metaknight:

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
I see Duck Hunt Dog quite often. Many people think it is a good idea to counterpick him against my shulk (it usually is not ;) ).

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Oh... it's one of THESE threads again. Guess it can't be helped.
Back on topic, I've been running into a lot of samus, Mario and ganondorf players lately.

MrSonicisawesome

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mrsonicisawesome
I see
Link every other game! All they ever do is projectiles, when I get close to them, Smash Attack. Then they roll back to the other end of the stage to repeat the process, so annoying X(.

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
Lmao at all the people crying about versing characters who all do the same thing.

That's basically what the general majority do with each character to win,

I think i see Ness the most in for glory, and yeah, they're all the same, PK Fire, run, grab, air attacks or whatever then repeat.
Not even mad as i have strategies in place tto deal with them.

Diddy, same old grab, down throw, Uair over and over with the occasional banana. Again you find ways around this.

I main Link, but have never met another Link online, only toon link who tried projectile spamming and rolling, i bodied them heavily and punished multiple rolls, if you can't adapt during the game, then why are you crying about them winning with tactics that are working for them?

Top Bottom