• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character you hate losing to the most!

Naf2pro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brover1
Jigglypuff

Annoying little *****

I also hate losing to luigis since every luigi i play just goes for ONE combo all game and i can rarely get out of that ****

pixelatedcody

Pixelated Inkling
NNID
cncody
ALL OF THEM!

I HATE THEM ALL!

Jokes aside.

Honestly If I had to choose I really suck at fighting players that are good with....
:4link::4tlink::rosalina::4pacman::4yoshi::4wario::4dedede:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
How does one fail against a Link?
No matchup experience.
At first I struggled wading through his swamp of projectiles and the reach on his sword, but now I don't have that much trouble. He's just a nuisance and unpleasant to fight.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Still hate losing against Grabtain Grabcon. Oh, and a Donkey Grab too (but that was the same person, and I can honestly say that it was because of the lag, as I saw it coming AND counterattacked or rolled. BUT LAG SAYS NO)

epicsprinkles

Smash Rookie
NNID
zekurokuxakuroku
3DS FC
5086-2578-1204
Sonics SUCKKK and oh lord R.O.B. i always underestimate him and then he rips me a new one. grrrrr...

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
All of this Ness hate man :/

Seriously PK fire spam is super predictable and easy to punish if you know how to space correctly. Btw I hate losing to Lucina because a) she doesn't deserve to be in Smash and b) She is a Marth for noobs.
Oh, get over it. Every character gets hate here. Ness isn't the only one.

Last edited:

sweq32

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sweq32
I hate losing to no character in particular. What I really hate losing to is someone who taunts constantly. Not only does it leave me with a bad taste in my mouth, but it also makes me feel like a terrible player.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
Wario. I despise Wario as a character and I don't like how he got into Smash so I hate losing to him.

Storm Erion

Smash Cadet
I can't stand losing to :4olimar:. Darn Pikmin blocking all of my projectiles...Also literally every single Olimar I've faced in tournaments always won because of a time out rather than taking all of my stocks.

I also don't like :4yoshi:, mainly because every single Yoshi I've meet from various matchmaking websites are just really rude. Win or lose, it's not enjoyable, and it kind of makes me associate the character with being rude, which sucks.

Last edited:

goronhug

Smash Rookie
:4megaman: because i just can't beat him with Toon Link
and
:4shulk: because i hate his Down and Side Smash, such range....

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
:4yoshi: or :4mario: when I'm :4ludwig:.
:4sonic: or :rosalina: when I'm :4duckhunt:.
:4zss: when I'm :4ganondorf:.
:4link:/:4tlink: when I'm :4dedede:.
Bad MUs for such characters. I'd also mention other bad MUs if I could remember which ones they are. I cannot help but feel that those in the good side of those MUs might be gloating about winning them more than they probably should (especially in the 3DS version). Just several hours ago, when Random Select gave me ZSS and I happen to have ran into a Ganondorf in the Wii U FG 1v1 room, I straight up 2-stocked Ganon as ZSS with textbook rushdown strats and actually used both the "GreatGame!" & "Sorry.D:" tags after that match, and then switched to :4wiifitm: as a way to make it up to that player... who then switched to :4falcon:, someone who I have had plenty of experience sparring with my 2nd youngest bro against as :4wiifit:, and again managed to 2-stock that player with not-so-textbook rushdown strats (14% NAirs~), and said player left before I could use the "GreatGame!" & "Sorry.D:" tags again. Oh well~

Anyways, as a DH main, I legit feel sorry for any :4bowser:, :4dedede:, and :4dk: that have the misfortune of running into me when I'm the dog, asking myself "How are they supposed to get in on me without having me aggressively rushing them down and thus doing half their work for them?". I once posted a replay in 3DS U.S. FG Smash/FFA room by the name of "HowCanKingGetIn?", where it was just me as DH vs a Triple D player, and I did the textbook keepaway strat with the dog (because it's simply better for the dog to fight the King that way. He's not someone like :4larry:or :4falco: that I'd actually have to approach), hoping that the penguin would find some kind of answer to that question. Alas, he couldn't figure it out. Maybe his 6 frame approaching DTilt, fastfalling NAirs, and projectile Inhaling are what he needs to get in??

:4duckhunt:s that try to lame me out when I'm being the aggressive rushdown :4duckhunt:.
Non Side-B Jump Cancelling :4iggy: when I'm the Side-B Jump Cancelling :4lemmy:.
:4duckhunt:s that do NOT either move with or away from their walls of projectiles.
:4wendy:s that do NOT actively try to go for the high ground (Clown Car has more defense than their heads do).
:4duckhunt:s when I'm :4roy: and abusing Mechakoopas & especially Cannonballs' abilities to rip through ALL of the dog's arsenal.
:4morton:s that do NOT abuse the above sentence against my :4duckhunt:.
I main these two! I should know how to fight them! The :132:MUs for those two and the :4bowserjr: VS :4duckhunt: MU are among my most favorite MUs in all of Smash 4.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
you were likely facing some very low level players or cpus. Most decent players would capitalize greatly on a samus who doesn't user her missiles very much.

even when samus uses her missiles to the best of their ability, she's still fairly bad compared to the rst of the cast right now, losing missle cancelling from brawl really destroyed her camping game, what little boost to kill power she got didn't make up for the lose of her camping game.

She was bad in brawl, and actually ended up worse in smash4.
Really?
She was atrocious in Brawl imo but i find that she is better in this game.

Although still sucks and no where near Melee Samus.

PS:Shulk is pretty up there now expecially teh ones who rely on counter for kills....

@ LittleToys LittleToys Why Ganon?

Last edited:

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
It's not so much losing against them, as it is playing against them what annoys me, but here's the list:

:4sonic: To be honest though, the main reason I don't like playing against sonics is because I don't understand them. I seem to never have the same amount of control over sonic when I play him, that other people obviously do. Also, spindash spammers!

:4zss: All players I've faced playing ZSS have played exactly the same. Shoot laser, run in for grab, up b out of throw. And run away for the rest of the time. It would be less annoying if I could counter it better I guess, but I just hate it when someone runs away waiting for mistakes of the opponent to capitalize on.

:4link: This one may be weird, since I'm mostly a link main, but it's just way too common to go online and play versus links that only ever use their projectiles while sitting at one end of the stage. Those players give link a bad name (As I can see in the rest of this thread :p) Link can be so much more than that. Plus, it's not really fighting when all you do is play the keep away game. Fortunately, I can almost always beat those players in link dittos. But when I'm playing as some other character it's just hella annoying.

CynicalController

Smash Cadet
NNID
acetrainergaming
3DS FC
2020-0091-9961
:4shulk:,:4shulk:,:4shulk:,:4shulk:,and :4shulk:. Especially the ones who think the "I'm really feeling it!" taunt is still funny.

kenfo93

Smash Rookie
NNID
kenfo93
3DS FC
1865-0016-3131
Without a doubt it's a tie between lucario and dee dee dee. Only because of the fact that I always run into to campers using these characters. And these are the only two characters that give me the most trouble, even though they shouldn't.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
:rosalina:I've still yet to meet a legitimately good Rosalina. When I do drop matches to this one, I feel like it's the character that beat me and not the player. It's a special kind of annoying when you fail to punish one of these because they're mashing their face onto the controller and Luma responds to her rescue. If I had a nickel for every dsmash that has hit me I'd buy a copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and snap it in half.

:4link:Typically don't run into a Link that gives me trouble, but when I do, it's usually because I can never land a kill. Combined with the fact that a gentle sneeze from this guy in rage effect will send you hurtling to an early grave, it gets really tense fighting him, and coming so close only makes it worse. A decent Link who uses their jab effectively and actually uses their bombs is a nightmare.

:4sonic:Punishing the usual spindash shenanigans is tight enough without the online messing it up. Doesn't help that the dash attack some of them love to use has like 30 active hitboxes when I shield it I always drop it too soon. Even in no lag, a patient Sonic will drive me up the wall, and the matches take foreverrrrr. Here's a game, by the way. Take a drink every time you see one of them attempt [and fail] a spindash to uair combo. Doesn't have to be an alchoholic drink, because you'll probably burst from exceeding your body's maximum fluid capacity.

:4peach:The opposite of Rosalina. I never have met a bad Peach. Hate that f-air so much. I dunno if it's just the way the character moves, but they always seem so smug, too... Every time I get hit by this character I feel like I'm being judged. Float + dair is still annoying as well. Can't be too mad at this one though. The players I've seen use her are respectably good.

Last edited:

Blapi

Smash Rookie
:4fox:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just cant beat them, the way fox combos/fights etc just annoys the heck out of me!!!!!!!!!!

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Sonic, because its Sonic

a good Wiifit Trainer because she sucks but i have limited matchup experience

and Little Mac because any time I have lost to him its due to really dumb errors on my part and getting hit by absurd things.

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
Easily :rosalina:due to her luma always being in the way and saving her a** at the worst times.
Screw you luma!!!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:4villager:: Lloids/slingshots galore
:4littlemac:: Rolls galore
:4luigi:: Fireballs galore

Last edited:

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
It's not so much losing against them, as it is playing against them what annoys me, but here's the list:

:4sonic: To be honest though, the main reason I don't like playing against sonics is because I don't understand them. I seem to never have the same amount of control over sonic when I play him, that other people obviously do. Also, spindash spammers!

:4zss: All players I've faced playing ZSS have played exactly the same. Shoot laser, run in for grab, up b out of throw. And run away for the rest of the time. It would be less annoying if I could counter it better I guess, but I just hate it when someone runs away waiting for mistakes of the opponent to capitalize on.

:4link: This one may be weird, since I'm mostly a link main, but it's just way too common to go online and play versus links that only ever use their projectiles while sitting at one end of the stage. Those players give link a bad name (As I can see in the rest of this thread :p) Link can be so much more than that. Plus, it's not really fighting when all you do is play the keep away game. Fortunately, I can almost always beat those players in link dittos. But when I'm playing as some other character it's just hella annoying.
ZSS' neutral special and dash grab combo is highly punishable. Block the neutral special and dodge roll in ZSS' direction and punish.

Every :4link: i've fought was horrible.
In what way?

Why do people hate losing to Ganon?

@ CynicalController CynicalController lmao i have a replay when a shulk is doing that taunt on for glory and i warlock punched him lmaoo
I know hes feelin that?
Because one slip up against Ganondorf can mean your doom.

Last edited:

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
One day you'll grow up and regret thinking that Sonic was cool.
I know I did.
And I didn't. May I suggest the Archie Comics series Sonic comics? They're surprisingly good and one of the first comics to give Mark Millar (Kick-Ass, Superman: Red Son, Nermesis, The Ultimates) a job.

That said, I hate losing to sonics. It just means I didn't stay on my toes enough. And Shulks in 2vs2 that are really good at using counter primarily to defend their heavyweight partner while they attack.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
And I didn't. May I suggest the Archie Comics series Sonic comics? They're surprisingly good and one of the first comics to give Mark Millar (Kick-***, Superman: Red Son, Nermesis, The Ultimates) a job.

That said, I hate losing to sonics. It just means I didn't stay on my toes enough. And Shulks in 2vs2 that are really good at using counter primarily to defend their heavyweight partner while they attack.
I do actually. I am a fan of the series... it's just that it's very hard to take him serious nowadays. SEGA doesn't really seem to know what to do and I feel overall that the games have lost a lot of their identity over the last couple of years, they don't do anything to make them stand out anymore. The comics are definity the best thing to currently come from the series, probably because they're produced by highly-qualified fans. It's basically fanfiction done by professionals, it's quite enjoyable.

So, in other words, it's perfectly okay to insult Sonic, since he deserves every single one of them.

That aside, fighting him as Dedede is without a doubt a nightmare in dreamland.
I played Sonic on For Glory once. I faced a Bowser who struggled the entire match. I won, despite having no experience with the character, I felt kinda dirty and cheap. Characters that are speedy and combo-heavy really arn't my thing.

Top Bottom