• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character you hate losing to the most!

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
:4fox: Every fox player thinks they're hot ****. I hate playing against fox, I can gimp him all day but his ridiculous recovery options just see him getting back to stage everytime. Also there's something about foxes voice actor in this game that just pisses me off its awful.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Little mac. Makes me feel like an idiot half the time.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You haven't been paying the right DH players if that is what you have concluded him to be. DH is actually a horrible character to camp with.
His whole arch. is zone and camp, so no. He relies heavily on the CAN to kill, even in tournament play, so again no i have been playing the right dh players, the ones who don't use side b and can to zone like there's no tomorrow will get bopped, esp if there unlucky enough to have no jumps left, that up b is so gimp able.

Any good player knows if DHD comes in, hes gonna grab. Nair is unsafe, DA is unsafe, upair is laggy on the end, longish animation. Fair, bair, and tilt is all hes got besides camp and zone. And from what ive seen not zoning out and campin to rack up damage for a fair/bair/can is not gonna help. Oh and his smashes have bad endlag too.

Rob can do aerials.
link has his jab and up tilts.
Megaman can be offensive with anything.

DHD has to rely on zone camping or else he'll lose.

Last edited:

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
His whole arch. is zone and camp, so no. He relies heavily on the CAN to kill, even in tournament play, so again no i have been playing the right dh players, the ones who don't use side b and can to zone like there's no tomorrow will get bopped, esp if there unlucky enough to have no jumps left, that up b is so gimp able.

Any good player knows if DHD comes in, hes gonna grab. Nair is unsafe, DA is unsafe, upair is laggy on the end, longish animation. Fair, bair, and tilt is all hes got besides camp and zone. And from what ive seen not zoning out and campin to rack up damage for a fair/bair/can is not gonna help. Oh and his smashes have bad endlag too.

Rob can do aerials.
link has his jab and up tilts.
Megaman can be offensive with anything.

DHD has to rely on zone camping or else he'll lose.
DHD really would have benefited from a droppable projectile like ROB or Megaman so he could keep up his zoning game while performing aerials, oh well poor DHD.

On topic I hate losing to :4sheik: it's always to a random bouncing fish.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Sometimes, I feel like a complete moron losing to Little Mac...but he's still fun to play against though.

Last edited:

PCHU

Smash Lord
Rosalina.
Most of the people I've fought just stand there, and I just don't see a point in fighting someone who doesn't want to fight me.
I understand positional advantage and spacing, but come on; I'm tired as hell of For Glory because of all the people on there that don't do anything.
I don't have a problem with the way people play so long as I'm given the tools to properly counter it, but at a reasonable distance, there is nothing I can even initiate without the opponent looking at it and running away or using some "catch-all" move; there's no decent shield pressure I can execute and no real threat I can pose by running in.
Sure, I can sometimes get a string of reads that may lead to a KO, but the neutral in and of itself is so slow and tedious that I can see why nobody wants to move, but it'd be better if they just turned the game off.

I would just SD every time, but there has to be some way around this.
There's no way it's as BS as it looks; even Snake was tolerable and fun to fight.

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
Little Mac. I hate fighting against him, and I hate losing to him. I train my Fox specifically to deal with Little Mac, I hate him that much.

First off, he's super annoying to deal with. The first time I played against Little Mac was a level 9 CPU. I couldn't beat him. xD
It turned out that I was awful at the matchup. That and it was my first time playing the game. I finally started winning consistently, and thought I had Little Mac in the bag. Then, I start playing online. After a week or two of playing online, I faced a scrubby Little Mac. Like, a super scrubby Little Mac. The dude was terrible. I two stocked him every match (with Fox, of course. Fox is the only character I like for the matchup). Then, this match happens. This certain match. This scrubby, obviously inexperienced Little Mac, two stocks me, and only took sixty nice percent. He beat me in under a minute, and the second kill was a KO punch. Then, whenever I was on the character-select screen, I looked down and saw that he was still looking at the results, and was there for about a good ten to fifteen seconds. That made me mad, because I knew that meant he was saving it. I about threw the controller. Next match, I two-stocked him, then turned off the Wii. I had never felt so humiliated.

Ever since then, my Fox has NEVER lost to a Little Mac. I would complain about the KO punch being OP, but I don't want to be put in the same group as the people who complain about wobbling .

EDIT: My worst matchup is actually Link, but anytime I lose to a Link player, it's because they were actually good. Link is fun to play against, and isn't annoying to lose to. All Link players are really good actually.

Fox because it always feels like he has lag advantage and can punish all lag based mistakes but I can't punish his
Haha! Even as Fox, Link's my worst matchup actually. :p

Last edited:

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
:4fox: Every fox player thinks they're hot ****. I hate playing against fox, I can gimp him all day but his ridiculous recovery options just see him getting back to stage everytime. Also there's something about foxes voice actor in this game that just pisses me off its awful..
I'm hot ****.
Oh, and by the way, if you hate Fox's voice that much, you obviously haven't touched one of the early StarFox games.

Last edited:

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
I'm hot ****.
Oh, and by the way, if you hate Fox's voice that much, you obviously haven't touched one of the early StarFox games.
Star Fox 64 is actually my favorite N64 game, I don't remember his voice being that awful in it though lol(also I started messing around with fox so now I think I'm hot **** too lol)

Doruge

Smash Journeyman
No? I don't believe I've ever faced a bad Link player. I've played a good bit, too.
You must be playing a different FG than me, because every Link I've seen does nothing but B-moves, smashes, and rolls. Unless you consider that to be "good", of course.

EasternMist

Smash Rookie
NNID
Section87
:4link: Is literally the worst feeling when all they do is roll and spam boomerang. On FG you'll never have a good time fighting him. Ever

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Yoshi used to annoy me... It just felt like whatever I threw at him, he'd just throw back twice as hard. After a bit of practice against him and using him though, I can do pretty well and he doesn't annoy me nearly as much. Fox was also one of those character (Infact I made a thread about him). But again, I trained, with and against him... And now he's a secondary. XD

I guess the only character that can annoy me is a "pen and paper" Shiek or Diddy player. About 10 seconds into the fight and you already know what's coming... And that is literally all they will do for the entire match. I mean, I main Sonic, and I know he's renowned For his :GCD:and:GCL::GCR:+:GCB: shenanigans... But if you ever fight me, or any good Sonic player, you'll learn that's not all Sonic is good for. Just mix it up a bit, jeez. x.x

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Hm, let's see now. I actually find a lot of MUs in Sm4sh boring compared to Brawl's.

- I will never find a Villager who doesn't only do Slingshots, Trees, Gyroids and his OP Up-B recovery. Pocket range is silly too. Makes it really boring. I've seen Villager dittos... I do not want to again. Did I mention I had a few instances where I had to win by getting a time out on For Glory because that's all that happened throughout the match? =P

- Sonic was always "hit & run", but now it's even more stupid because his KO power got a serious buff (a B-Throw that rivals Ness' and actually puts him closer to blastzone, U-Smash beating Fox's... o.o) and then the whole Spin Dash get power as it's charged makes it even worse. I feel a character THAT quick should not have KO power on that level.

- Duck Hunt literally screams campy. The move that irritates the living hell out of me is the Clay Pigeon/the frisbee (I believe his Side-B?).

- Mega Man is not as bad compared to the first 3, actually. The metal blades are kinda confusing when the player doesn't face you and can be thrown in the 8 cardinal directions and can be kinda difficult to get in. I know for dang sure Mega Man dittos would be boring.

- Oh my god the rolllllls on Samus. No. And then all those missiles. I'll pass, please.

- I will never understand Sakurai's logic as to why he thought "ZSS wasn't fast or strong enough". There is not much lag to her moveset, honestly and her recovery is insanely flexible. And then the rollllls.

- Toon Link is kinda like Mega Man I find. But the B-Throw actually KOing makes things stupid.

- ROB isn't too bad either, but the fact that Nair LOOKS laggy on landing when it does not on all is very silly, and then U-Throw KOing at a moderate % is bleh.

- I generally don't have problems with facing Shulk, but his range can be absurd (I glare at you D-Smash) and his Vision is the most OP counter in the game IMO. The counter duration lasts for like 2 seconds and then it can actually bypass shields which is silly. Although, I did recently discover the counter window does decrease if he continuously uses it, so I guess it's not bad after all.

- Lucario is practically impossible to punish (online) because his rolls are super quick and barely have any window to punish. >.>
And then RAAAAAAGE + Aura + Range that can reach like half of Final Destination + lingering hitboxes is quite stupid in my books.

- And then Wario because I've hated him since I was little and all I just see is bike spam and then the Wario Waft just irritates me (but I usually don't get hit by it). His character and I don't go together.

If they toned down how lenient dodging and shielding are, I could probably bare a few more of these MUs. And before anyone asks "why not Mac?" b/c his rolls are hella quick, well I actually have a very easy time winning against him. :p
And I know this is a long list, but I actually don't get salty too easily. =P

blue_flavored

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blueflavored
Hm, let's see now. I actually find a lot of MUs in Sm4sh boring compared to Brawl's.

- I will never find a Villager who doesn't only do Slingshots, Trees, Gyroids and his OP Up-B recovery. Pocket range is silly too. Makes it really boring. I've seen Villager dittos... I do not want to again. Did I mention I had a few instances where I had to win by getting a time out on For Glory because that's all that happened throughout the match? =P

- Sonic was always "hit & run", but now it's even more stupid because his KO power got a serious buff (a B-Throw that rivals Ness' and actually puts him closer to blastzone, U-Smash beating Fox's... o.o) and then the whole Spin Dash get power as it's charged makes it even worse. I feel a character THAT quick should not have KO power on that level.

- Duck Hunt literally screams campy. The move that irritates the living hell out of me is the Clay Pigeon/the frisbee (I believe his Side-B?).

- Mega Man is not as bad compared to the first 3, actually. The metal blades are kinda confusing when the player doesn't face you and can be thrown in the 8 cardinal directions and can be kinda difficult to get in. I know for dang sure Mega Man dittos would be boring.

- Oh my god the rolllllls on Samus. No. And then all those missiles. I'll pass, please.

- I will never understand Sakurai's logic as to why he thought "ZSS wasn't fast or strong enough". There is not much lag to her moveset, honestly and her recovery is insanely flexible. And then the rollllls.

- Toon Link is kinda like Mega Man I find. But the B-Throw actually KOing makes things stupid.

- ROB isn't too bad either, but the fact that Nair LOOKS laggy on landing when it does not on all is very silly, and then U-Throw KOing at a moderate % is bleh.

- I generally don't have problems with facing Shulk, but his range can be absurd (I glare at you D-Smash) and his Vision is the most OP counter in the game IMO. The counter duration lasts for like 2 seconds and then it can actually bypass shields which is silly. Although, I did recently discover the counter window does decrease if he continuously uses it, so I guess it's not bad after all.

- Lucario is practically impossible to punish (online) because his rolls are super quick and barely have any window to punish. >.>
And then RAAAAAAGE + Aura + Range that can reach like half of Final Destination + lingering hitboxes is quite stupid in my books.

- And then Wario because I've hated him since I was little and all I just see is bike spam and then the Wario Waft just irritates me (but I usually don't get hit by it). His character and I don't go together.

If they toned down how lenient dodging and shielding are, I could probably bare a few more of these MUs. And before anyone asks "why not Mac?" b/c his rolls are hella quick, well I actually have a very easy time winning against him. :p
And I know this is a long list, but I actually don't get salty too easily. =P
I don't think Mac is really hard to beat, I just hate having to adjust my playing style to beat him.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I don't think Mac is really hard to beat, I just hate having to adjust my playing style to beat him.
This pretty much sums up the Lil' Mac MU for me in a nutshell for me. :p

I actually get happy if I lose to one (and not from lag giving them a KO Punch or screwing up my PKT when I recover lol).
Him, and Fox. Fox has always been a fun MU for me! (Though I say this cause I started off with Brawl, not Melee competitively and I know damn well how he dominated Melee. XD)

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
  • :4pikachu:: Pretty much shuts down my Shulk with quicker everything and his small stature + Quick Attack makes fighting him extremely awkward. I don't run into him often though.
  • :4littlemac: & :4link:: Only if they're the scrubby kind who spams Smashes/Projectiles and Dash Attacks. If they're actually good then I don't mind since it helps me learn the matchup.
  • :4ness:: Freaking PK Fire and the god forsaken Back Throw.
  • :4jigglypuff:: I just really, really hate the character.

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
I feel like with Toon Link the match up goes 3 ways

1. You play a character with an amazing approach and u pretty much wreck him

2. You play a character that doesn't have great approaching moves and you give the toon link player a serious advantage

3. You play a character with not so great approach abilities but you choose to never approach causing a very long and painful game

This is why whenever I face a toon link or link player I always switch to Zelda

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Would have to say Sonic. Nearly impossible to hit because of his speed, which is particularly bad if you have a slow main like mine(Shulk).

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
Would have to say Sonic. Nearly impossible to hit because of his speed, which is particularly bad if you have a slow main like mine(Shulk).
Problem with sonic is that he has very little lag on his moves. His dair in particular makes me frustrated that he can land and then smack you right afterwards.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Problem with sonic is that he has very little lag on his moves. His dair in particular makes me frustrated that he can land and then smack you right afterwards.
Have you ever played Sonic..? All his aerials apart from his Uair (which cancels on landing, but isn't worth using on grounded opponents anyway) have landing lag. His Dair has the most, the only time it doesn't is if he's more than a jump and his UpB in the air distance wise. Fair has a bit of landing lag too. His Fsmash also got increased ending lag from the update, and his Usmash... Well just try it. ._.

But, against a character like Shulk, I can see the issue. Spacing with his Nair is a good way to stop Sonic getting in though, a lot of Sonic's will tend to dash in and his Nair covers a great area.

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
I have played against Sonic, and I know that his Dair has almost NO landing lag. Maybe you're not exploiting a certain glitch idk, but I've seen a Sonic Dair and then immediately roll within a millisecond of landing.

I'm not crazy

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
I have played against Sonic, and I know that his Dair has almost NO landing lag. Maybe you're not exploiting a certain glitch idk, but I've seen a Sonic Dair and then immediately roll within a millisecond of landing.

I'm not crazy
Nah, you're not crazy, but you have to be pretty much at the top of the screen. If Sonic is more than his UpB and a jump higher than the stage, Dair won't have any landing lag. But having to be that height to make it have no lag isn't really beneficial. It does throw people off though who don't know how it works. There's no glitchy-ness or anything like that to it.

GameBird

Smash Cadet
NNID
GameBird
3DS FC
1461-6201-4828
I hate going up against Sonic and Pikachu players. They either bum rush you with grabs or run away and spam their special moves. And since I usually play Samus I find it infuriating to face a sonic user who just keeps using his homing attack while you just try to hit the butthead. Ugh.

It sucks too because I went up against a Luigi who was really skilled and a good matchup against me but then in came the really annoying spammers.

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
If you're consistently losing to Sonic, I find playing a heavy hitter like DK can help quite a bit. I also have a lot of success using rosaluma against him. I don't think the game is perfectly balanced 1v1 so playing multiple characters is beneficial

Supersheikbros

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lewis-Cooper
Sonic can be quite easy to beat IMO , spin dash can usually be counter by holding A, so if the sonic player decides to run at u, his only real option is to grab which can be easily counter by spot dodge
As to characters that annoy me, ness because of how effortless it is to play him and cheap bthrow
Other then that it really only determines how the player uses the character rather then the character itself
Also, I main c.falcon ( sheik and fox) so whenever I get in a falcon ditto, it p*ssis me of so much when I dtaunt and they just run up and grab me, like WTF!!!!

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
Probably Toon Link because I have yet to play a great Toon Link (and they don't reciprocate my first stock bell ringing shenanigans). G&W has a terrible approach and as a result it ends up that I get neutral B and up B spammed to hell before getting jettisoned off the stage at 70% by dair or something of the like.

WaifuPower

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2062-9397-5431
:4zss:. 'Nuff said!

:4myfriends: cannot keep up with her as before in Brawl, and :4gaw: and :4falcon: cannot approach easily at her (G&W because he lacks a reliable projectile and Falcon because she is faster overall and can easily paralyze and gimp him).
As for :4palutena:, I still have to face a ZSS with her...

Also, because 66% of her winning poses have her grunting, as if I didn't have enough grunts coming from her in battle.

EDIT: :4kirby: too. Forward smash sound makes me salty.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4sonic: That was almost tooooo easy!
:4peach: Ooohhhh, did I win?
:4duckhunt: (annoying laughter)
:4fox: MISSHUN KOMPLETE
:4falco: Had enough already?
:4darkpit: Ow, the edge.

D

Deleted member 269706

Losing to Ness's back throw always makes me salty.

Nestea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Imthevp
3DS FC
0877-3300-7854
There is nothing worse than Pac-Man. I hate how he looks, I hate how he plays, and I hate when he wins. I even hate his victory theme. The worst part is that I really don't have a good reason. He just annoys me.

Top Bottom