• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character you hate losing to the most!

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I do actually. I am a fan of the series... it's just that it's very hard to take him serious nowadays. SEGA doesn't really seem to know what to do and I feel overall that the games have lost a lot of their identity over the last couple of years, they don't do anything to make them stand out anymore. The comics are definity the best thing to currently come from the series, probably because they're produced by highly-qualified fans. It's basically fanfiction done by professionals, it's quite enjoyable.

So, in other words, it's perfectly okay to insult Sonic, since he deserves every single one of them.

That aside, fighting him as Dedede is without a doubt a nightmare in dreamland.
I played Sonic on For Glory once. I faced a Bowser who struggled the entire match. I won, despite having no experience with the character, I felt kinda dirty and cheap. Characters that are speedy and combo-heavy really arn't my thing.
Yea, i can understand where your coming from with those statements, but the latest sonic games that SEGA made have been good.

D

Deleted member 269706

Easily Sonic. I don't even enjoy winning against him, that's how much I hate him.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Yea, i can understand where your coming from with those statements, but the latest sonic games that SEGA made have been good.
Really?

I mean I heard generations was pretty awesome, and Sonic Colors. And I thought Sonic 4 was great, especially with the metal sonic side story (but I was in the minority on that last one, most found the level design lacking). I thought the Sonic Rush games on the DS were pretty good, same for the Sonic Advance series and Sonic Battle.

But '06.... Unleashed... Shadow the Hedgehog... Lost World.... Sonic Boom... Sonic and the Black Knight...

I liked Adventure 1 and 2 on the dreamcast, but even at the time they were considered the worst sonics. (Now there's much much worse. And frankly even at the time the worst was Knuckles Chaotix... Or 3D blast if you don't count Knuckles' game).

And Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and Sonic and Knuckles, are three of the greatest games I've ever played.

Now to keep on topic.

I also dislike losing to Donkey Kong. Nothing against the character. It's just when Donkey Kong beats me I know it's entirely because the other guy is legitimately a better player.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Why do people hate losing to Ganon?
I can answer that. It's because he kills stupid early with all his attacks and can just fish for offstage Ganoncide kills like a ***** if the stocks are at least even, which basically turns a two-stock match into a two vs. one-stock match if you don't sit back and camp the hell out of him at basically all times. It's like Bowser, but his attacks are quicker and he can effortlessly even the match with one move. Bonus points if easy mode lag.
also up-tilt

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I can answer that. It's because he kills stupid early with all his attacks and can just fish for offstage Ganoncide kills like a ***** if the stocks are at least even, which basically turns a two-stock match into a two vs. one-stock match if you don't sit back and camp the hell out of him at basically all times. It's like Bowser, but his attacks are quicker and he can effortlessly even the match with one move. Bonus points if easy mode lag.
Yh but he is the slowEST and has the worse recovery of all the heavyweights.

I main Ganon xD
I love him and i have killed someone at 30% after i brake peoples shields with UpTilt as they roll back on to the stage from the ledge and then i proceed to Reverse Warlock punch them to the shadow releam.

Also when i am at 100+%
I have killed people at 50% - 80% in one Half or fully charged Side smash that i angle upwards to hit people coming from the air hoping to hit me with a aerial attack.

Ganon is life.

And i never and when i mean never i never feel even one ounce that i am cheap.
Many times i have destroyed someone on for glory and they just switch to ZSS/Yoshi/Sheik.

And if they are half good with them it can be near impossible to beat them.

Also hes not even the best heavyweight...
Its Bowser then probly DDD followed by charizard.

Last edited:

Mafiaraptor12

Smash Rookie
WEll since I found this might as well give my story

:4marth:/:4lucina:: I love playing as them but I hate losing to them when I play the opposite (Ex: Lucina vs Marth, Marth vs Lucina) almost as my foe MUST do this to prove who is better.

:4tlink:: I will hate you and show no mercy

:4yoshi:: I hate fighting him as of lately. Alot of Yoshis online seem to be pricks

:4mario:: Dthrow to Utilt all day and Fair trying to land the spike. Like Yoshi, I have no fun fight against him and most of his players seems to be douches

:4samus:: Might as well be called Rolling suit samus

:4ness:: PK FIRE

And in General I hate Ditto matches weather I lose or not

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I hate losing to these two mother****ers here: :4mario: and :4luigi:. They're even worse than :4diddy:, especially sissy boy in green.
I also hate losing to these characters:
:4falcon:: Against really good ones with creative combos, they're actually fun to fight. Against spammers, I feel like a dumbass.
:4jigglypuff:: I just hate this creature. Wish I could pop her out of existence.
:4ness:: Same reason as Captain Falcon.
:4peach:: "Ooooh, did I win?"...I hate this ***** with a passion.
:4sonic:: This guy is a disease.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I know people have disconnected on me for playing Dedede.

Can't handle the dededisrespect, can ya?

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
You COULD try :4charizard: if you’re looking for a surprise low-tier answer to him. His Flare Blitz can pierce through all of Link’s projectiles except for charged Arrows. I’d suggest waiting until your opponent is at least 100+% before you use it though, so you’ll actually KO him for it. Before that, you’ve got powershielding, shorthop NAirs, (SH) Flamethrowers, DTilt, empty jumps, and other approach options to help you get inside.

There’s also :4duckhunt: & :4bowserjr:. DH’s own walls can definitely help you deal with Link’s walls, and depending on how much trust the Link player has in his own Hylian Shield to help block off DH’s projectiles, you’re either going to get in on him on YOUR terms if he does NOT trust it very much via constant attack button pressing, or he’ll get in on you if he DOES trust it much via the not-pressing of attack buttons, and you’ll have to be able to fight upclose with your own melee moves if you’re going to take the win from there.

As for :4ludwig:, Mechakoopas and Cannonballs can challenge his arsenal (especially Mechas), and your punishing ability, once you DO get in, is probably the best of the 3 mentioned chars, due to Side B Jump Cancels into Aerials for big damage, including into Up B –> A (Hammer) once he’s at 100-ish% (Throw in an UAir before the Up B if you catch him at 75-ish%). Again, trust in the Hylian Shield is vital. If he’s got little trust in it, your Mechas & Cannonballs will get you in on your terms, and if he’s got much trust in it, get ready for him to reach you on his terms. Catch him whiffing an attack close to you? That’s a free Side B --> Jump Cancel --> Aerials for big damage.

As for me hating to lose against, it's :4falcon: due to how common he is in FG Anywhere (Didn't someone around here once call FG "Falcon Glory" for this reason? XD). Considering how often he shows up in all 3 rooms, as well as experience from my bro that mains him and a few others, I SHOULD know how to deal with him, no matter who I am, even :4zelda:, :4duckhunt:, and :4robinm:.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Link...by far...

Guys? Who is the best Link counter?
Link doesn't have very many quick options, so if you keep the pressure up and watch out for nair, bair, and zair, there's not much he can do. Sometimes Link will try to jab or grab you, but these are both highly punishable options.

veritron

Smash Cadet
As a Luigi main:
:4littlemac: :4ganondorf::4bowser: - I got impatient and over aggroed, so it's like I lost to myself.

:4ness: - pk-fire f-air n f-air run away run away stand on the edge b-throw oh crap

:4pacman::4megaman::4villager:- projectile run away projectile run away

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Link doesn't have very many quick options, so if you keep the pressure up and watch out for nair, bair, and zair, there's not much he can do. Sometimes Link will try to jab or grab you, but these are both highly punishable options.
I main Ganon so its extra tough....ugh

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Any character that has a lot of projectiles, like Robin and Duck Hunt. Link I can deal with, but those two, especially online, I can't stand. When I run into them in for glory, I just groan. Playing against them in local is one thing, but fighting them online with input lag is another. I just cant deal with them. And most of the time, they don't switch characters. Which makes me have to switch to a counter I don't even like playing as.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I main Ganon so its extra tough....ugh
Funny story! I was doing Link training on FG, and my first match of the day was against a Ganondorf. We just sort of stood there for a few seconds after the match started, staring each other down and occasionally teabagging. I had no idea what to think.

After we composed ourselves, the proper match began and Ganondorf got bodied. He left after that game. Which is a shame, because I wanted to fight him as Falcon.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Any character that has a lot of projectiles, like Robin and Duck Hunt. Link I can deal with, but those two, especially online, I can't stand. When I run into them in for glory, I just groan. Playing against them in local is one thing, but fighting them online with input lag is another. I just cant deal with them. And most of the time, they don't switch characters. Which makes me have to switch to a counter I don't even like playing as.
RealTalk all over 100% this.
I love it how you wreck em with like a medium or low tier and they switch to a high tier or LinkSpam just to beat you.
Even more funny when u beat them when they are the high tier lmao

@ Iceweasel Iceweasel people always switch to Falcon in FG after the first match when i beat them

They always wanna do ganon vs falcon..
I can win if they are not extremelt good like fast and precise but also patient and not just extreme dumb running about mindlessly tryinto falco punch or knee everytime
.and missing...
Or if they dont run and grab a million times over..
Ugh the roll backwards 100 times is so annoying..then grab
Or they switch to DDD..
DDD vs ganon is a hard MU for Ganon.

Last edited:

Hylian42

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Sonic is just a huge pain because it could be a horrible Sonic but it will still take forever to get a decent hit on him. I would say Little Mac, but if he beats me, that deserves some respect.

PerryEllis

Smash Cadet
Thoughts? I hate losing to Samus. Pacman is aggravating, and whenever I lose to Toon Link, I most often rage quit.
It's a tie between Samus and Link. The constant use of the projectiles are sad. Not so much for me, but for them. You gotta be coward to rely on projectiles to acquire any ounce of glory.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Captain Falcon and Little Mac; despite the fact they're everywhere, I still can't beat them, and they LOVE to rub it in when I inevitably lose.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
For Glory almost made me hate Captain Falcon. Which is such a shame because he's so cool but seriously he's everywhere in that mode and they're all doing the same throw combos and just being generally irritating with the ridiculous speed/power balance in his attacks. Luckily I'm better at the MU now but for a while there I was on the brink of loathing the good Captain.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Zelda, I've had bad experiences with Zelda players back when Brawl Online was still running. And the tel-port buff, I just keep getting hit while being distracted by another opponent.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Zelda, I've had bad experiences with Zelda players back when Brawl Online was still running. And the tel-port buff, I just keep getting hit while being distracted by another opponent.
If you are playing the 3DS version, you can hit the opponents portrait to highlight them during the fight. It's really helpful with characters with teleporting moves like Zelda or Mewtwo, since you can see where they'll be teleporting to.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Lucina :Her players and the character itself seem to share the same attitude and act like cocky little ******'s, every time they kill me in Online they have the nerve to say "I cannot lose" and then I proceed to beat them with Shulk, while they run away like cowards.
Wario: Most of the Wario's I fought used that goddamn Chomp and that annoying as hell Bike.
:rosalina:: This woman and her little star are the bane of my existence, luckly I haven't seen any in a while, but any fight with Rosalina is a pain the neck. They either use that dash attack which makes her hurtbox move off the ground, and whenever I try to punish with a Smash attack or grab I miss, or just sit back and let Luma do all the work, and if Luma's out, they run.

Gamin'Snow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Snowcracker
I think about the only character I hate losing to is Captain Falcon. Losing to him is the only time I come out of it thinking, 'I should've done way better'. Usually because half the time they're flowchart Falcons who just spam his grab combos. That kinda thing just makes me salty like nothing else.
(And maining light characters like I do, it's hard to escape them combos without serious damage.)

Last edited:

greniño

Smash Rookie
NNID
zanybr0
like others, i hate losing to little mac. i also hate losing to projectile spamming links/toon links.

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
:4zss: easily. There's plenty others I hate, but nothing is worse than getting beaten by these players. Always cocky as hell and always abusing that ridiculously easy kill confirm. Seriously Sakurai, why did you think she needed buffing again?

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
Zero. Suit. Samus.

As a Falcon main, it feels like she was deliberately invented to be a bad matchup for me. Punish, Punish, Punish. Safe moves everywhere. Kind of ridiculous kill power. Basically, like Falcon, but more annoying, and way less fun to watch or play. I felt like I was forced to pick up Fox and Sheik in order to have an easier time putting her down.

When I was waiting for Sm4sh to come out, I was convinced, "They've gotta nerf some of the stupid stuff she can do, right?" Aaaaand they buffed her. At least Falcon got buffed too, I guess.

Last edited:

Zero Requiem

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina with out a doubt, I was so excited when she was confirmed but that escalated quickly. >.> Sometimes I don't even feel out played just lamed out. Luckily I don't hate her as much now since I've had time to practice but I heavily dislike how she's often seen as a "noob" character as she is one of my faves.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Little Mac and Sonic for sure. Sonic fights are always down to the wire, my heart can only take so much of it! Little Mac is easy to beat when they are bad (do the usual throw offstage then gimp) good Little Macs specifically CAMPY can be the worst.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
So much hate on mah boy :4sonic: lol. But it's understandable. He is a pain to fight, even when the opponent doesn't only use spin dash.

Least favorite to lose to?
:4gaw:
I feel useless against him with both my mains. His attacks come out fast and out prioritize mine most of the time and I have a hard time punishing him since he has little end lag on a lot of his moves. It just isn't fun to lose to. 9 isn't a problem for me. It's always fun to see that connect.

My least favorite players to lose to are ones who do the same thing over and over and still win. I always think I am a decent player until I lose to one of these people.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Ness... the PK fire, the lag, the 40% combos. Stuff of nightmares...

*looks through thread* * doesn't see anyone mention Kirby*
Ok, back to playing Kirby online :p

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
:4zss: easily. There's plenty others I hate, but nothing is worse than getting beaten by these players. Always cocky as hell and always abusing that ridiculously easy kill confirm. Seriously Sakurai, why did you think she needed buffing again?
She needs to be nerfed more than anyone in the roster imo..

So much kill potential and basicly 0 end lag on all moves.

Even sheik i can punish..

Not this **** *****...

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
So much hate on mah boy :4sonic: lol. But it's understandable. He is a pain to fight, even when the opponent doesn't only use spin dash.

Least favorite to lose to?
:4gaw:
I feel useless against him with both my mains. His attacks come out fast and out prioritize mine most of the time and I have a hard time punishing him since he has little end lag on a lot of his moves. It just isn't fun to lose to. 9 isn't a problem for me. It's always fun to see that connect.

My least favorite players to lose to are ones who do the same thing over and over and still win. I always think I am a decent player until I lose to one of these people.

I can agree with :4gaw:, I also think :4fox:is pretty annoying for :4sonic: mains. Also, I'm 23 (24 in August), and I literally give zero s**ts if people don't like who I main. As long as you enjoy the game, who cares. c:

:rosalina:vs :4sonic:is pretty close I find, if you find someone who uses Luma as a meatshield. It's not hard, you just have to be careful. You can't throw out moves that will hit Luma multiple times or Rosa will punish you for it. Get Luma away and it's a "Piece of cake!"

Aggressive :4sheik:players can be tricky. Basically everything about her is better than Sonic, minus the kill power (Still, they don't have a hard time killing to be honest). Plus they have needles which can be problematic.

It's funny, I see :4sonic: getting ragged on alot... But he's not even top tier now, and there are other characters who are just as guilty for spamming (The koopa kids for example... I found someone while playing FG, and they literally spammed their kart, hop into Fair/Dair. All you could hear the whole match from :4iggy:was "HAH-haha! HAH-haha! HAH-haha!", strangely... It was also my 666th match online. It must be a sign...). There are also characters who are alot more capable of doing much more than Sonic statistically(:4zss:,:4luigi:,:4sheik:,:4diddy:,:rosalina:), some spam even more than Sonic in some regards (It depends on the player, but :4link:,:4tlink:,:4villager: love to spam their projectiles, but then that's called "spacing"). Yet he gets so much hate. Makes me laugh. I've also had my friend say that Sonic's spring as a projectile is cheap. The Smash community confuses me something rotten sometimes. XD

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I don't mind losing against any characters as long as the player behind is a respectful person. I take the loss as a lesson for the Match up. I hate losing against cooky players who think they are hot **** and it doesn't matter which character they use.

Aurora Moon

Smash Rookie
NNID
BowsahWuvah
The characters I dislike losing to the most tend to be the ones that I just cannot fight. When I'm playing my main, these characters are the worst for me:
:4falcon:: Can't even show him my moves.
:4littlemac:: His attack did how much damage?
:4sonic:: Nayru's Love can't save me from this.
:4fox:: Did I take a stock? Good enough.
:4diddy:: Please don't banana.

Top Bottom