• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Weaknesses

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Wario's problem is sudden gas. I actually don't know anything about the character.

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
Link's tether grab is booty
He relies heavily on projectiles to keep people away (has a hard time vs more mobile chars)

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
Link's recovery is only good when his up-B is fresh. Unfortunately his up-B is a great kill move and stales pretty quickly so you have to choose between recovering and maybe killing. After like 2 or 3 uses the bomb jump doesn't really work anymore.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Toon Link really doesn't have many problems outside of a bad recovery that I know of. He's a pretty damn good character as far as I'm concerned.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
He is a projectile set up character. Really fun to play. If only I could AGT better, I may main the guy. As for faults he has not great range on melee attacks despite having a sword. Tether grabs are slow. Light weight. None of which are glowing flaws as tink is well designed.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
lacking range and not having a fastfall aren't relevant?
his recovery isn't bad, btw. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITdM66k3AE0
That's a pretty bad recovery all things considered. Requiring specific circumstances and telegraphing your options does not bode well no matter how far below FoD he can jump back.

You just jelly cuz you use some dank ass monkey with a poopoo recovery.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
She can't approach well (not that she needs to). All her moves are crouch cancelable. These combine to ensure Shiek plays safe at low to mid percents.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
She can't approach well (not that she needs to). All her moves are crouch cancelable. These combine to ensure Shiek plays safe at low to mid percents.
Isn't all approaching done by playing safe in the first place? You don't approach with a blind aerial with nearly any character.

Sheik has some of the best shield pokes in the game, but she has one of the worst jump momentums meaning she can't nair/bair/fairplane to punish from far away in spite of her long limbs.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Quickly enough, I think they made it either a bit quicker in PM or a bit safer to do so. Recovery is not an issue for shiek. It has an invincible period, you can mix it up without telegraphing where you will go. From far away turning into Zelda is a valid stragety as she drifts in the air better plus got a better double jump and a much longer up b of course.

@Kink That is true and the way I play pretty much any character but Shiek really is dependent on tricking the opponent on over commiting. She can't pressure like falco, she can't zone like ivysaur, she can't threaten space like marth. That is what I was refering to. Approach was a poor catch all term. No character in smash approaches blindly, save bad spacies.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
The CCability of Sheik's moves is certainly a weakness, but she is able to get her damage against fresh opponents with aerial needles and grabs which are both unCCable and combo. Her recovery distance and safety is also only mediocre at best, and quite bad if you get hit by a low angle launch or miss a survival DI.

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
The CCability of Sheik's moves is certainly a weakness, but she is able to get her damage against fresh opponents with aerial needles and grabs which are both unCCable and combo. Her recovery distance and safety is also only mediocre at best, and quite bad if you get hit by a low angle launch or miss a survival DI.
So recovery is her only weakness :surprised:?

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Zelda is forced to play in a certain campy style in order to be effective. The issue here is that it works well on certain character and not so much on others. She is linear so those who beat this style of play beat Zelda. She has match up issues.

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
Zelda is forced to play in a certain campy style in order to be effective. The issue here is that it works well on certain character and not so much on others. She is linear so those who beat this style of play beat Zelda. She has match up issues.
So does she trouble with pressure?

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Probably smart pressure. She is slow and without the greatest OOS options. Up close she does have as many great options either. She can up/down smash I guess. her tilts can lead into things but are semi slow. grab is aight.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
nobody mentioned Ike is also a combo-sack; not sure where he'd rank as one though. I'd say a bit more than Link. Link seems to maybe have an overall smaller hurtbox and has a Nair which could be Peach/Luigi frame 3.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Ganon's main weakness is his need to file a request to perform any and every action with the Central-Burocracy-of-Evil, thus making most of his arials easily stuffed and beaten out by moves thrown out long after he has requisitioned for the proper clearence to commence an attack.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Large target, slow in both movement and most parts of his move set, bad OoS game to name a few. Oh, and horribly unsafe recovery.

Lex Jewthor

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, to me, I think we should be focusing more on neutral game weaknesses, and things like being combo bait, or being camped out, as opposed to **** like "easily killed off the top".

Well, yeah, Jiggs / peach are light and floaty. Of course they're easily killed off the top. If everyone was the same weight class it'd be dumb. Making peach and jiggs heavier isn't going to fix any problems they might have (hypothetically speaking), just make it take longer to kill them.

For the sake of balance and discussion, honestly, we should be talking about inherent weaknesses in the neutral game, or being combo bait, and not how easy it is to kill someone. Now, lets say Jiggs died easily off the top IN ADDITION TO being comboed by 90% of the cast, or not having any sort of viable approach, we'd have an issue. But how easily a character dies in a given direction isn't necessarily a weakness that can be exploited, or prevented.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Peach is slow and needs her WD in certain TC situations due to it helping alot in her mobility.

Top Bottom