• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Character specific strategies for Roy

Totoro_PEACH POWER!

Smash Rookie
Advice = get ***** then change your character
But there has to be a way!^^

Anyone?
Like, One thing I say is to play in the middle of the arena as much as you can!
Don't turn your back to the edge, or else she's throw you down! As Sheik can basicly kill horizontaly it's less dangerous...but ok, like this you can survive a little longer, what I intend
to get is an easy way to finish her!
Any Combo?
Any This-atack-will-get-her-for-sure move?

Help!
Dasukete kudasai!

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
Totoro_PEACH POWER! said:
But there has to be a way!^^

Anyone?
Like, One thing I say is to play in the middle of the arena as much as you can!
Don't turn your back to the edge, or else she's throw you down! As Sheik can basicly kill horizontaly it's less dangerous...but ok, like this you can survive a little longer, what I intend
to get is an easy way to finish her!
Any Combo?
Any This-atack-will-get-her-for-sure move?

Help!
Dasukete kudasai!
See that topic:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=64027

>.o

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
5150 said:
I played BigC's shiek this weekend and got *****....hardcore. And i was doing well in the tourney.....its just that shiek ***** roy.

1. Needels destroy shffls and dont allow for you to play defensively
2. fair destroys roy
3. outranges and outprioritizes roys aeriels
4. can chaingrab only if you DI towards her (so di away)
5. SHIEK IS A ***

Advice = get ***** then change your character

BigC isn't that good with sheik

roy21

Smash Rookie
noob q's

wats a chain throw?
can roy do a spike?
and how do u do a tilt?

Glide

Smash Ace
Wow, such animosity towards 5150 =(

I mean, he's kind of a d*ck, but being inexperienced is nothing to make fun of people for =/

Zero34

Smash Lord
still, he totally owned angelo with his insane gigabowser. grab is friggin crazy!! lol

chain throw: grab and then grabbing and then grabbing...
spikes: yes, his upsmash with the tip and his dair when you hit while you are below them
tilt: well uh...you tilt the control stick? how else does one describe that?

hyrulianking

Smash Rookie
Very good way to get just about anybody (with the exception of a lvl 9 roy). Ironic huh?

You dodge around whoever you're fighting, and then do a blades dance on them. You can counter any move with this.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Glide said:
Wow, such animosity towards 5150 =(

I mean, he's kind of a d*ck, but being inexperienced is nothing to make fun of people for =/
Agreed, but you do eventually see his reasoning... I just haven't seen it yet.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
no 50150, i was saying that cuz you were using yourself vs bigc, who isn't good with sheik as a staple for why sheik ***** roy. and that isn't a good example because bigc's sheik is far below average so maybe you should improve your roy, thinking you're better than you are early in your development hurts your game. that's what i used to always tell husband

noob-lube69

Smash Journeyman
**** 5150 got owned

NEO beat DSF and Drephen's sheiks in tourney; 5150 loses to BIGC's sheik, No Johns

I mean BIGC is an awsome guy and everything, but it makes no sense to use your match against his sheik as evidence that sheik ***** roy. Character matchups can really only be decided by those who compete at the highest levels of skill in this game; everyone else (including myself) just doesn't know what they are talking about.

Hohenheim

Smash Rookie
I Need Help Against A C.falcon That Is Really Nice. Are There Any Combos Roy Can Catch Him With?

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
A friend of mine who I have a sort of rivalry with plays Yoshi. I can hold my own against him pretty well, but it'd be cool if I could get some strategies to help me annihilate him.

Also, if you could give me some links to Roy masters I can watch and maybe get some strategies from, I'd appreciate it.

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering, but how effective is a random Flare Blade thrown into your aerial mix?
It has more range, and if you tip it, it's not as bad as if you tip, say, a Fair...

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Just wondering, but how effective is a random Flare Blade thrown into your aerial mix?
It has more range, and if you tip it, it's not as bad as if you tip, say, a Fair...
IMO it's pretty good. And the added range to your top doesn't hurt either. Just make sure you don't miss. It's easily punishable on block. I personally use it a lot but I only play against my friends. So not sure how that fares against anything.

ZABE

Smash Cadet
if your going against mario with roy what is the best way to beat mario?
can someone tell me?

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
I dunno what kind of Mario you're facing, there are tons of different styes of play. The one I go against is crazy. All I can say is use mind games and try to keep him off the edge. Look at some of these videos and you might pick something up.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90971
Look at the ones that have mario in them. Check some of his other vids too.

JMSiebach

Smash Rookie
thx for this too
if there are any tips anybody can give for re-attaining the edge after being knocked off by ic's plz post; i cant even get close
and zabe, just stay away from the edge and fireballs, close-range should be a cinch

technomancer

Smash Champion
Against Mario you can also Dtilt alot to space him, and then try to keep him airborne with Uairs to build damage. His Aerial priority from above is pretty bad, your Uair will beat out his sex, fair, and dair pretty clean. Use your jab to wipe away fireballs, and if you need a quick interrupt which is fairly common in this match, go with the DED. If he tries to SHFFL around your Dtilt you can pretty safely IASA into an Ftilt, and then sheildgrab if he tries to DJ and aerial.

Near the edge, F or Bthrow him off and try to flare blade him out of his whatever, and if he goes low, Edgehog/Fsmash works good too, just be quick on your hog. I think you can lightshield edgehog him if he sweetspots as well.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
When it comes to recovering there's not much roy can do. All there is, is that if you are above the edge, you can use DED to knock the enemy back, or counter if you want to hit them before you fall to your eminent doom. Besides that just try not to get knocked off.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Best bet with Roy is to recover as fast as possible while still sweetspotting. You don't have to use your jump for some recoveries, but if you can, try to jump and up-b while still on the up swing of your jump, and use the full horizontal. Skip the side-b if you can avoid it, and remember to tech.

roy is my boi

Smash Journeyman
i belive that the best way to K.O. most characters is just to smash them off the stage and charge your b attack and shash them again when they get to you or jump off the stage at them and attack them with the c-stck

Undefined

Smash Apprentice
i belive that the best way to K.O. most characters is just to smash them off the stage and charge your b attack and shash them again when they get to you or jump off the stage at them and attack them with the c-stck
sticky this. this is what the roy forums are ALL ABOUT.

Bi-Ryu

Smash Rookie
Very intresting. I usually chain throw several times and forwards smash but I don't think I've ever tried down tilt and foward smash. I'll have to try it in the upcoming tourny I'm participating in.

Any advice?

halu102

Smash Apprentice
Very intresting. I usually chain throw several times and forwards smash but I don't think I've ever tried down tilt and foward smash. I'll have to try it in the upcoming tourny I'm participating in.

Any advice?
How can you chain throw "several" times. Even the 2x forward throw isn't a true chain throw since it can actually be gotten out of with a simple roll. This would only work with someone like jiggs DIing toward you all the time. And that would be a sign of a bad opponent.

IMO, best way to beat mario is f-tilt. Assuming they are spamming fireballs/pills. Dr's roll is pretty fast so good luck with grabbing.

Bi-Ryu

Smash Rookie
How can you chain throw "several" times. Even the 2x forward throw isn't a true chain throw since it can actually be gotten out of with a simple roll. This would only work with someone like jiggs DIing toward you all the time. And that would be a sign of a bad opponent.

IMO, best way to beat mario is f-tilt. Assuming they are spamming fireballs/pills. Dr's roll is pretty fast so good luck with grabbing.
I considered it a chain throw, but apparently its not. Apologies. And most of the opponents I used it against haven't been able to get out of it. perhaps its a sign they are not as adept as I am. I've come to the conclusion I've mastered the D-Tilt. I played with it all night last night.

Rowmen

Smash Rookie
I couldent really understand the slang. So for the newbs out there (me) Could you put the meaning beside example . (Th) Throw...

Metriod_Prime_Fusion

Smash Rookie
well this is some god information for going against foxes. but in particular i go agaist a fox who like to wave shin and then grab 2-3 up times and then finish it off with a tilt upA and then a back kick or a up air. ant suggestion cuz that combo comes out quik and kick the**** out of me. this give me no time to recover even on the ground.
Also he like to grab alot which annoys the *** out me. his mian mind game iis to camp out and sot lasers until i get about 30 sumthing damage( even when i block and if i try to disrrupt his flow he grabs me and the combo initiates. plz if any body has any tips im all ears cuz he thinks he the best and im about to rip him a new one......lol, gbut seriously plze help

Metriod_Prime_Fusion

Smash Rookie
MookyRah any advice agianst peach player and thoes **** turnips. and the netral air. roy usualy get the crap kicked out o' him but i know there's a way. any advice?

Metriod_Prime_Fusion

Smash Rookie
ppl dont belive me when i say t hat roy is faster than marth when i t comes to shffling but when i show they try and counter. my mind games work great but roy combo is a little sketchy. and advice for roys combos list or any good suggestions for his >B combo

Top Bottom