• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Specific Counterpicks/Bans: Kirby

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I invited you jerks to the Kirby boards to help with the pika MU discussion but y'all never came so we still haven't finished it. I'm not bitter......jerks.

Kirby likes obstacles usually because we get beat by projectiles so bad but in this match-up the projectiles are just a nuisances. I think we Kirbies would prefer to get in there and fight it out so any stage where we have a hard time reaching you sounds like a good plan.

Right off the bat ban Rainbow Cruise or PS1. Those are strong stages for Kirby but if they help Pika as well maybe they're an option for y'all.

I can also see Battlefield with it's platforms and relatively small space being risky for y'all because you can't run too far and the platforms help us avoid t-jolt.

Take Kirby to Castle Siege someone said? I'ma go ahead and say that's not a half-bad idea. I myself hate the stage but one question: in the dungeon area, does t-jolt go through the statues? If not, it's not as bad as I thought; if so though....I'ma ban it.

Roller

Smash Legend
Take Kirby to Castle Siege someone said? I'ma go ahead and say that's not a half-bad idea. I myself hate the stage but one question: in the dungeon area, does t-jolt go through the statues? If not, it's not as bad as I thought; if so though....I'ma ban it.
They do not go through them. But there is a long enough space in between them where we can stop you from approaching on it. Which goes along with what esam said and timing you out. Also, it wouldn't take TOO long to break one of them down with jolts, and just keep shooting from the other one.

I'm gonna have to go with esam here and say pick CS.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Why auto-ban brinstar in the OP for the Kirby match-up :p

>_> My only thing against Castle Siege is that it's soooo big; what if Kirby gains the lead (percent or stock-wise) :D? We can aircamp you to hell and back yes?

Edit: I didn't mean to put Brinstar I meant CS. Ty fromundaman.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
JoWii, are you being sarcastic or thinking of the wrong stage?

In this MU, I'd suggest banning Brinstar, since we have some janky stuff there, and it interferes with your jolts/thunder. Both sides kill early there though, and I don't know what Pika may or may not have there (other than a longer-than-usual thunder on the cylinders.).

PS1 is another really good Kirby stage, but I personally don't like taking Pikachus there, since they use the stage as well as Kirby does.

Pictochat, when legal, is a great, and very janky, Kirby stage.

Japes and RC are two more great ones, both of which may warrant a ban due to Kirby's advantages there.

As for where to take us, big stages are probably best. We aren't the fastest in the air or on the ground, and we have trouble approaching, especially against projectile characters. Make use of that and pick big stages where you can run circles around us. FD is pretty good in this MU from what I've seen. Don't know this MU from Pika's side well enough to really suggest other stages.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I say.. get used to fighting Kirby on RC on their CP

so between the 9 stages strike order i'm assuming:

BF/Yoshi's/Delfino, Lylat/PS1/halberd, SV/FD, CS

EDIT: What makes Delfino so good for kirby? o-o;

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Since Kirby doesn't have range like MK or DDD I found his sharking not as dangerous/annoying. But guess it's true he still has sharking potenial cause he still has multiple jumps despite his bad aerial movement.

I was thinking delfino could be a good camping stage when you aren't on the sharkable part.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Actually, Kirby's Uair has huge disjoinct range (beats MK's Dair), which makes it good for sharking.
Also walls set up for Dtilt locks or jabbing against the wall. Even wall grab releases work on some characters.

We can also do water canceled stones into the water but that's rarely worth it.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I like Delfino for the sharking and water parts. It's in general just fun to play on as well.

I don't really know too many Kirbies that actually CP Rainbow Cruise. Kewkky takes everyone to Battlefield and I take everyone to PS1 for my CP. Most of our MU suggestions have RC as a third option behind those two.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It honestly depends on who you're facing. I take people there every once in a while, though I usually hit PS1, Japes, or Picto 1st. Against Pika though, RC or Brinstar would be a good choice for kirby I would think.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Add PTAD to the list of stages you don't want to take Kirby to. Norfair probably isn't too great for you guys either, but IDK on that.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
<3 norfair. We could probably time him out.

And yeah...my bad...I forgot about this because nobody posted.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh, then I guess Norfair would be a stage for us to ban? IDK. I don't think it does much good or bad for Kirby.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It wouldn't be a ban for kirby. It is a neutral stage. We can outcamp him and probably time him out, which is good. There isn't really a positive for kirby...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh, I meant a stage for Kirby to ban vs Pika, since I don't really know what other stages I would ban against you guys.

Top Bottom