• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

meepxzero

Smash Master
This, and this isn't a tier list. Characters are not higher than you want them to be beccause people have been placing with them. If you want to change that maybe you should do something about it if it interests you enough.

right and this is why i dont place top 5 with ice climbers all the time in one of the top regions? i got 3rd and 2nd in the last two tournies ive went to. The only other ice climber that gets 2nd or wins is lain. Otherwise there arent any real notable ice climber mains that play in tourney or at least not in the scene as of late.

I dunno why i cant take people with sonic avatars and as their main seriously aka Wes who makse rediculous rules for his tourney, blues with his fake sponsorship for our region, and now you. :laugh:

you have to realize ice climbers are in general a character rarely anyone uses in tourney and if they do more than half the time they will **** you. lolol if i was m2k i could make a difference, but hes god at this game apparently >_>.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, it was a response to the guy asking why said character (it didn't have to be ICs, if he asked for somebody like Sonic, my answer would'nt have been any different) was high/low as he/she is displayed as. The simple answer was "nothing can be done except the character getting more/better players to rep them", and that's it, they won't rise any other way in tournaments unless so.

I want to Sonic to rise in tourney rankings, you see me complaining about it? No, I'm just going out to Vegas' Monday weeklies and doing something about it.

...Da**** I was so close yesterday too, I got 9th.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224422
March 8th, Woodstock, GA

Entry fee: $5
32 entrants

Singles results:
1. BigLou (Luigi) - $100
2. Zom~B (ROB) - $30
3. Rayku (Lucario) - $20
4. Umby (Falco/Sonic)
5. Sierra (Lucario)
5. BBQ (Mr. G&W)
7. Bdown (Meta Knight)
7. Wolvy (Lucario)
Haha, look at Weegee place 1st ahead of all these higher tier characters (cept Sonic lol). Biglou FTW. He's one of the few who can consistantly place with Luigi only. Surprising actually, so much D3's and MKs...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dunno why i cant take people with sonic avatars and as their main seriously aka Wes who makse rediculous rules for his tourney, blues with his fake sponsorship for our region, and now you. :laugh:
im upset that you gotta call a ***** out just cause hes doing something different...

even though he went to a tourney with the general ruleset that you proly use and pulled 7th at an NYC tourney even tho there was mad ppl and mad stiff competition.

theres no reason to just profile people like that for something as fickle as their choice of character in a video game...

and for the record, that ruleset is pro.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
right and this is why i dont place top 5 with ice climbers all the time in one of the top regions? i got 3rd and 2nd in the last two tournies ive went to. The only other ice climber that gets 2nd or wins is lain. Otherwise there arent any real notable ice climber mains that play in tourney or at least not in the scene as of late.
You're sure?

1. Slikvik (Wario/G&W)
2. Meep (Ice Climbers/Marth)
3. HAT (Kirby)
4. Candy (Snake/Wolf)
5. G-regulate (Snake)
5. Plairnkk (Sheik/Metaknight)
7. Lobos (Toon Link)
7. Seagull (Wolf/Metaknight)
1st-Jay(Meta)
2nd-Kadiev(ZSS)
3rd-Lawz(Link)
4th-Kai(Diddy,Sonic)
5th-Javier(Icys,Pika,Marth,ZSS)
5th-Umbra(Meta)
7th-Pav(Wolf,Meta,Marth)
7th-Nasty(Lucas)
1: Domo - Meta Knight
2: Affinity - Meta Knight
3: Inferno - Bowser/Meta Knight/DDD
4: Karmacide - Snake
5: Mr. Doom - Ike
5: Zer0 - Ice Climbers
7: Ratman - Snake
7: KY - Pit
1 - Ally (Snake)
2 - Lain (D3, ICs)
3 - AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong)
4 - Needle of Juntah (Game and Watch)
T5 - Overswarm (Meta Knight, ROB)
T5 - Kel (Meta Knight)
T7 - Bowyer (Meta Knight)
T7 - Omniswell (Wolf, Meta Knight)
1. Anther (Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Lucario)
2. Lain (Ice Climbers, DDD)
3. Quik (Wario)
4. Hunger (Snake, Wario)
5. Judge (Metaknight)
5. Bowyer (Metaknight)
7. SamuraiPanda (Snake)
7. Arty (Falco, Luigi)
1: Ally (Snake)
2: HolyNightmare (R.O.B.)
3: KingAce (Metaknight)
4: Ambrose (Ice Climbers/Metaknight)
5: Chesterr01 (Fox)
5: Steb (Lucas/Diddy Kong (mostly)/Lucario/Donkey Kong)
7: Buenob (R.O.B.)
7: Zaf (Metaknight)
1: gameandwatch 4 Lyfe (diddy, zss, kirby)
2: stnapknah (wario)
3: The Stig (g&w, ice climbers, lucario)
4: Nekomancer (pikachu, luigi, marth)
5: Red (diddy)
5: SSJ4PollyPocket (zelda, dk)
7: FTL (falco)
7: Benjamin (mario)
1: Zex (Pit/Marth)
2: Meep (Snake)
3: Catnip (MK)
4: Sean (MK)
5: Erow (Snake)
5: Michael Hey (Ice Climbers)
7: Sky (Peach/Kirby)
7: RnB (Diddy Kong)
1. Candy (Snake)
2. NinjaLink (R.O.B., Diddy, Dedede)
3. Meep (Ice Climbers)
4. NEO (Marth)
5. Pyronic Star (Olimar)
5. Lukky (Metaknight)
7. HAT (Kirby)
7. Speculosity (Zero Suit Samus)
These are the 9 most recent tourney placings of the ICs. Only two of them (lain or yourself) have placed 2 times for the ICs. That means that there are still 5 other IC players left, who place well. Also, these players aren't just from the same region. They're from Pacific West (Michaell Hey), Canada (Ambrose), MW (Anther, Lain) and AN (meep) and we still haven't counted Melee1 yet (idk about his placings atm). So you can't really say they're not represented.

:059:

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
I see no one who read my post actually understood what I meant. Perhaps I should have been more clear, although at this point I should know not to overestimate the reading comprehension skills of people on the internet.

What I meant was, "Shouldn't the division between B and C tier fall between ICs and Kirby instead of between Marth and ICs?" The tier divisions are supposed to coincide with large gaps between character point totals, and the gap in point total between ICs and Kirby is much larger than the gap between Marth and the ICs.

I'm not saying anything like "The ICs deserve to be higher"; I'm not even suggesting a change in the order of the list. I just suggested that the tier break would be more appropriate after the ICs, rather than before.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I see no one who read my post actually understood what I meant. Perhaps I should have been more clear, although at this point I should know not to overestimate the reading comprehension skills of people on the internet.

What I meant was, "Shouldn't the division between B and C tier fall between ICs and Kirby instead of between Marth and ICs?" The tier divisions are supposed to coincide with large gaps between character point totals, and the gap in point total between ICs and Kirby is much larger than the gap between Marth and the ICs.

I'm not saying anything like "The ICs deserve to be higher"; I'm not even suggesting a change in the order of the list. I just suggested that the tier break would be more appropriate after the ICs, rather than before.
I believe Ankoku used some kind of simple formula to derive the tiers. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but I think it was something like you need to have more than half as many points as the highest character in said tier to be included.

EDIT: That's definitely not the formula, but you get the idea.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Im seeing 1 MK and 0 D3's lol?
Well, I mean in the overall, tournament, there's usually tons of D3s and MKs all making Luigi never place, unless all the MKs and D3s are pretty bad, i'm surprised Luigi got 1st alone. Unless Biglou is just that to walk all over top tiers. He probably is...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well, I mean in the overall, tournament, there's usually tons of D3s and MKs all making Luigi never place, unless all the MKs and D3s are pretty bad, i'm surprised Luigi got 1st alone. Unless Biglou is just that to walk all over top tiers. He probably is...
BigLou -does- walk all over top tiers.

Speaking of Luigi, we're all dead.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
You're sure?

These are the 9 most recent tourney placings of the ICs. Only two of them (lain or yourself) have placed 2 times for the ICs. That means that there are still 5 other IC players left, who place well. Also, these players aren't just from the same region. They're from Pacific West (Michaell Hey), Canada (Ambrose), MW (Anther, Lain) and AN (meep) and we still haven't counted Melee1 yet (idk about his placings atm). So you can't really say they're not represented.

:059:
No offense to any of the IC players out there who have recently placed high, but Lain and Meep's placings with IC's are the only ones that seem impressive... and in Anther's tourney placing, he only played IC's once or twice against Lain's IC's so you can't count that.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
BigLou -does- walk all over top tiers.

Speaking of Luigi, we're all dead.

Wowzers. The opponents didn't move though, so are thoses comos really effective against the better players out there like say...you, for example? I looks like it can be DI'd out of pretty well.

Still, crazay combo.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
TheReflexWonder;6908202 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSX8zCLUFdM" said:
we're all dead.[/URL]
Wowzers. The opponents didn't move though, so are thoses comos really effective against the better players out there like say...you, for example? I looks like it can be DI'd out of pretty well.
Well, as we all know, in brawl there are no combos. However, luigi manages to get 60+% combos against top players fairly consistently (I know, I've done it). What's going on here? (luigi is top tier? I wish)

As for the video? Oh my GOD!

meta--knight

Smash Rookie
0.0 Sorry i couldnt help saying this:Wario in the STANDARD list???Lol,I mean maybe he could be in the underused but not the standard.I'd only use the fatso there to take pictures :D

Awesomeness I am the no.1 character!!!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Didn't you get banned already?

...Anyway I'm not so sure about Wario being underused, he has lotsa people reppin' him. There are at least 3-4 people here in Vegas I know who could play Wario at tourney level, and 1 of them mains him (or is it Bowser... I'm not sure TBH, but my point still stands if you can seeit/I have one to show you).

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
:rolleyes:

What's luzly?...your post?
I was waiting for somebody else to make a pun but I suppose not, and i only recently saw your editted post so...:

No, what I meant was it is still funny that even though he has been dropping as of late, he is still performing better than a lot of characters, some of which (though I didn't want to mention it because it has only been said over 9,000 times) are but of a higher tier or more than he.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
But how is he "performing better than most characters" if he's dropping? Contradikshun.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, let's just say other than Ally giving him that one gimmicked tourney victory to share with Snake, can you honestly say that he has a better tourney viability shot than Sonic?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well, Sonic always drifts around from 16-20, so he's not exactly DROPPING. Now get that mess outa here.

:093:

aeghrur

Smash Champion
But how is he "performing better than most characters" if he's dropping? Contradikshun.
Because if I get an A+ in school, then drop down to an A while your getting a consistent C, I do believe my grades are better.

:093:

Browny

Smash Hater
:(
I only used MK/snake vs one player and lucario once lol. I know they all need to be counted though since they were used in important matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom