• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Panelist Introduction

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Welcome new panelists. You have been recruited to help as we release Smash Lab publications about your character.

The panel membership comes with a few primary responsibilities. You main duty is to serve as a communicator with your community and the Smash Lab. You will make sure that your character is researched adequately and make sure that the rest of the Smash Lab knows of the current requests and needed research into topics of metagame advancement. Upon publication of new data, you will update your community with findings and help answer general inquiries to the best of your ability. We need you to make sure you maintain good communications with your community and the Smash Lab in order for each project to achieve maximum impact on the advancement of the metagame.

In order to ensure that you meet your panelist responsibilities, we have written this guide.

The first thing you should do to ensure that you are able to complete your duties as a panelist, would be to check the Smash Lab and view all its guides. Making sure that you are well read and know the data we have is vital to being able to communicate with the public and give the data they request and need.

Next, you should post in this thread confirming that you are on board with us. You should get our contact information, so that way you can have quick access to a fellow labber.

You need to make sure that you can get the information you need for your character. If you have a question that you are not sure the answer of, contact one of us either by posting in the lab or asking on the Smash Lab skype chat. Please avoid not double checking your facts. We are supposed to be the most knowledgeable people on SWF. If you get information wrong, then WE get information wrong. It brings total shame on the entire Smash Lab research community and damages credibility. Please do not disappoint and bring dishonor upon us. Did they send me daughters, when I asked for sons?

You are now a member of the Smash Lab, and if you can contribute to helping us gather data, it will be highly appreciated. You are vital in helping us complete the character specific technical guides for your character, as you will be our expert about your character. Keep us informed about your character. Let us know of any obscure advanced techniques or other data about your character that we wouldn’t immediately know to test and research. We need to know as much about your character so the public can also know.

If you have any questions about your role and assigned duties, please contact:

DeLux - Discussion Leader

rPSI - Leadership and Heroism
AIM: rocketsci227

Character Panels:

:metaknight:
1. David K / P4
2. xDeath
3. Orion
4. Sensei Seibrik

:snake:

:diddy:

:falco:
1. Vlade
2. DEHF

:wario:
1. Lord Chair
2. Pwneroni
3. TheReflexWonder
4. DMG

:marth:
1. Shaya
2. Kadaj
3. BengalRZ
4. Pierce7D

:popo:
1. EAlert
2. Hospes

DeLux

1. David K / P4
2. xDeath
3. Orion
4. Sensei Seibrik

:snake:

:diddy:

:falco:

:wario:
1. Lord Chair
2. Pwneroni

:marth:
1. Shaya
2. Kadaj

:popo:
1. EAlert
2. Hospes

Once I hear back from the last half of the panel, we'll get to scheduling a meeting and things of that nature.

Yikarur

Smash Master
so much people from each character? this is going to be way too much this way D:

DeLux

It'll vary from character to character and will be entirely merit based. If I see noncontribution, people will be trimmed off as we move forward.

For now, the MK panel feels that the character merits this many people. Since they are the first, we'll take a wait and see approach and just sort of play it by ear.

DeLux

Please do not take this the wrong way because I mean it with the utmost sincerity:

Do you have a better idea to propose on how to operate it? I value your input highly :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
looking forward to a 100 Man Smash Lab :3 (not)
Please do not take this the wrong way because I mean it with the utmost sincerity:

Do you have a better idea to propose on how to operate it? I value your input highly :)
Doesn't the BBR have somewhere around that many people anyway? Why should the Smashlab be any different if projects involve collaboration?

I suppose since this place asks for qualifications concerning programs that work with Brawl's engine and getting numbers/finding out the physics of this game and how they work/where the glitches/bugs are... But if it makes you feel any better, just think of it as a senate and a house; where the panelists are the house who represent the character, and the senate is obviously the labrats who get all the hard numbers the house is looking for, and can also represent their character at the same time.

I don't think I need to mention how MK = the State of California, Florida, the tri-state area, and whatever other populous state there is. Haha.

At least, that's what I'd like to see in the end. Sad how some characters have no representation or (enough) participant(s) willing to look deep into their character. Somebody do me a favor and get me somebody who can do junk for Zero Suit Samus so I can find things for Bowser or something, lol. I'm kidding (somewhat), there's no rush; and I don't mind helping out where I can + I'm sure they appreciate the effort. Feels good.

:093:

DeLux

Well the way it's been going, it might be all a moot point because the last 3 still haven't responded. I'm going to give it maybe a day or two and then we'll just proceed forward.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Give it until sometime next week if you ask me, some people might be busy with school/work/lives/the usual. The weekend may also be the time that people become available, who knows?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hi guys.

I disapprove of ripping off the BBR's character match up panel idea.
You'll be hearing from all TEN of our SWF provided lawyers.

Too immature an introduction?
:(

DeLux

We've actually been working on this project for months (read, almost a year most with very little inactivity) and have been progressing towards the panel goal since before the BBR Matchup Chart was released :\

We just haven't made a huge surge in activity until recently lol

Orion*

Smash Researcher
1. David K / P4
2. xDeath
3. Orion Pending
4. Sensei Seibrik
5. Havok Pending
6. Dojo Pending

Once I hear back from the last half of the panel, we'll get to scheduling a meeting and things of that nature.
All aboard

studying for exams atm but I can spare time always if you let me know ahead of time ;)

edit: why am I pending here but not on the other part xD

Yikarur

Smash Master
screw this hole project, it's way to fail.
it's nothing to be a Labby now, everyone seem to get it and most people don't even want to do anything.
it's useless.

We actually need only 1-2 of each character (perhaps multiple characters for one person) and the standard-labbys for this project.
The reasoning: As example, the MK players itself know how to advance and what to test for the Metagame but they don't really care for doing the actual Lab-Stuff. So we don't need 5-6+ People, 1-2 would be enough + Standard Labbys that are active in every panel (shouldn't be a problem if people finally start to do something)
Perfect example for what I want to critique: seibrik. "I don't care but I'm in the lab but I really don't care, just call me if you need me somehow whyever"

the Lab gets way to flooded this way and it's just not necessary.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It is a shame that few people actually care about the game as a whole. Nevermind solely dedicating time for this kind of thing, and that's again not even taking into consideration that people work or study.

Isn't that why we actually do have so many people? I really don't see what is wrong with that so long as people can, do, and will contribute little pieces every so often. Of course it's a problem when people say they're going to do this, and even after they're bugged by the lab leaders to fill the/a quota they still don't do anything, but if that isn't the case I don't see the need to make such a big deal.

Maybe that was poorly explained though.

Wouldn't be better if the players could at least be in the Lab so that they can see what progress has been made so far? If they feel like it/are called upon can fill in when/where necessary? There's only so much one person or a group can do, so why not get a little bit of outside help/insight and make everyone (else?) happy? Besides that, I believe that the overall quality of the project will improve if more people can participate and have everyone do even a little bit.

... Though if it's a problem of lack of activity from specific members who were invited on the premises that they'd contribute to certain parts or the whole group, shouldn't that be taken somewhere else? Besides, I'm sure inactive members get purged. Didn't that happen when the lab got reformed after SamuraiPanda went to take care of studies?

DeLux

There is a plan to clean house for non-active members.

Although that's more rPSI's department I think. I just recruit people. Don't shoot the messenger Yika :(

Exdeath

Smash Master
I don't think I need to mention how MK = the State of California, Florida, the tri-state area, and whatever other populous state there is. Haha.
Meta Knight is actually grossly under-represented in Florida. I'm pretty much the only active Meta Knight main in Florida who isn't nationally recognized.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
This is awesome haha. Generally my own personal metagame advancement has been loose, chill and not very strict. I'd like to keep it that way because this game is super fun and I love it!! Shouldn't be like work at all IMO :)

Pwneroni, Oregon Wario main, 21, likes longboarding and vegetables, loves advancing Wario's metagame. Nice to meet y'all!

DeLux

Just a heads up:

I know things have been slow as of late. It's the end of the school year so people have been busy. We'll be going full steam ahead around June 10. At least that's the plan last I checked with rPSI. Over the next week, I'll be attempting to direct the convos for ideas to push the metagame discussion for each respective panel. I'll also be filling in the last spots (and constructing an entire Diddy Panel lol)

That being said, if you haven't seen it yet, the MK frame data is close to release. I'll be talking to the people that I assigned MK projects to over the next bit to see if we can't put together something nice for the MK Release thread.

flowchart:

Finish Putting together Top Tier Character Panels > Release MK Data > Format top tier panels > Put together high tier panels > etc

napZzz

Smash Hero
new here, and haven' tdone ****. ****. I've wanted to improve for awhile in new ways, ways that required me studying the game and getting into it. This is my chance. this is my i'm here. I'll be talking to lux and beginning my reign of terror here, and if you dont like it then that sucks :3

gonna educate the world and more on what i know of snake, and we in there.

Top Bottom